HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XI - Winter... I mean...Deadline approaching

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

vCash: 500
i usually dont go to hockeybuzz, but saw someone on my twitter retweet it, and am a bit curious

Old
03-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Nazem Bozak

malkin to the leafs e4

Old
03-24-2013, 01:15 PM
N4Z3M LUPUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Bozak View Post
malkin to the leafs e4
imagine

then realize it will never happen

then cry.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:16 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Not that an upgrade in these 2 positions would hurt but I think with a little more patience IMO the organization has these 2 positions filled if we let some growth take place.

X's and O's wise I think the big issue this team has defensively isn't even in the defensive zone, it's the lack of a consistent cycle game on the offense that still hurts this team.

If we notice it's the 2nd period with the long change that is the worst period for the Leafs and it's because they get caught in long shifts due to not controlling the game in the offensive zone to be able to make clean changes that causes this hemming in the defensive zone.

The Leafs are very much an opportunistic team at the moment and speaks loud and clear that scoring depth is a strong point of the team, they need to improve the cycle game especially the top line and start to be a team that controls the game forcing the other teams play more in the defensive end. This will improve the team defensively.
This is a very good point and something I would like to add is that the type of players that would improve our cycle game are also the one's that would improve our ability to clear the puck out of our zone at the blueline. Another area that we are sorely lacking. Too often we get hemmed into our zone because the pinching defenseman is able to outpower or stop the clearing attempt from our wingers along the boards.

03-24-2013, 01:17 PM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
There slotted role on the team will not have to be replaced by AHLs

Just 2 4th line roles.

Kamo can slot into the 3rd line wing, where has has done fine this year and we have Grabo playing 2nd line C, McLem 3rd line C, and Kadri #1c. Still don't see what the fussing is about.

Hamilton,Ashton,D'Amigo can fill in wing depth and Colb,Ziggy,Conn can fill in 4th line depth.
So essentially half of our offense is AHL players? Yet you still don't understand how this will jeopardize our playoff chances? You need secondary scoring to be successful, and players like Hamilton, Ashton, D'Amigo, Colb, Zig, Conn will not provide that; just look at their stints from last season and seasons in the past. You will be depending on a streaky 1st line (JVR - ___ - Kessel) and a 2nd line to provide all of your offense. If one goes cold, you're in trouble, and this is why I coined it fragile.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan10 View Post
talked to quite a few sources today who are talking about an off the record deal...best way to describe it..."a player once thought would never be moved looks to be quietly in play...."

another called it a "trade that would be heard worldwide..."

stay tuned...

Updating rumor chart in a few..

I know its eklund, im not saying its going to happen, but he was right on the richards thing right after the jeff carter trade...who knows
hrmmmmmm ovi?

Old
Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Uh, Gabovski would actually be taking the face-off's against those guys, since he plays against the opposing teams top lines.

So yeah... so much for that argument.
I also did specify defensive zone, where bozak takes more faceoffs then Grabo.

Old
rumman

Quote:
malkin to the leafs e4
never happen, but what would the pens want? Kessel +++

Old
03-24-2013, 01:20 PM
darrylsittler27

A trade that makes some sense.

Kipper for Bozak. Colbourne fills in.

Old
Revolt

Quote:
Fine, don't like Grabo toss in McLem.

This over hype ,over blow importance to Boz in the dot weighed against what we have for other options is verging on sad comedy, really it is.

You all sound like a bunch of desperate children being told Christmas morning MIGHT be delayed 1 day because grandma and grandpa are snowed in.

Sad really.
I see why so many people find you idiotic. Sometimes its best to just call a spade a spade. You're hopeless.

Old
N4Z3M LUPUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
not if they can get iginla who has PO experience, and is proven to deliver

Old
03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
buntek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

Fool me 12,232 times, shame on the internet for allowing this garbage for being allowed
Ha this made me LOL.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
Talked to quite a few sources today who are talking about an off the record deal...best way to describe it..."A player once thought would NEVER be moved looks to be quietly in play...."

another called it a "trade that would be heard worldwide..."

Stay tuned...

Updating rumor chart in a few..

I know its eklund, im not saying its going to happen, but he was right on the richards thing right after the jeff carter trade...who knows
smells like he is referring to OVI...

Ovi to LA makes some sense...

Maybe:

Carter + Richards for Ovi ???

Old
03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
N4Z3M LUPUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post

Ovi to LA makes some sense
who does L.A give up though?

carter + 1st +???

Old
03-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Asif16*

Eklund ****s around a lot. Dude bull****s alot. But i do remember some trades that came out to be true, and he was the first one to say it.

The mike richards and Jeff carter Trade
The Byfuglien trade from chicago to Atlanta, was first broken by him
I remember there being a trade earlier this season or something that was correct. Bob mcenzie and dregar both gave him props for it.

But again, most of the time he is just stupid

Old
03-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
So essentially half of our offense is AHL players? Yet you still don't understand how this will jeopardize our playoff chances? You need secondary scoring to be successful, and players like Hamilton, Ashton, D'Amigo, Colb, Zig, Conn will not provide that; just look at their stints from last season and seasons in the past. You will be depending on a streaky 1st line (JVR - ___ - Kessel) and a 2nd line to provide all of your offense. If one goes cold, you're in trouble, and this is why I coined it fragile.
Sounds to me like i have more confidence in this team and our players in the AHL then you do.

Sorry, but once again, i will post lines that i think would have no isse getting us into the POs with 13 games left.

Lups--Kadri-Kuli

JVR-Grabo/McLem,-Kessel----- Don't like Grabo there? Fine try McLem he does after all have more even strength helpers and points then Bozak does.

Kamo--McLem/Grabo-Frat

Orr,McLar,Hamilton,Ashton,D'Amigo as your 2 4th line wingers, take your pick.

Colb,Conn,Ziggy as your 4th line C take your pick.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:32 PM
darrylsittler27

It just wont happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
Pens have won what 12 straight? Lemieux was a center he knows they are far more valuable than wingers and they have Neal and Kunitz.This just wont happen,why would they? To me Pens are favs right now to win it all,and thats if they make no trades.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Nazem Bozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post

Ovi to LA makes some sense...

Maybe:

Carter + Richards for Ovi ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1771 View Post
who does L.A give up though?

carter + 1st +???
Kopitar + OVi would be a nice first line

Old
03-24-2013, 01:33 PM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Sounds to me like i have more confidence in this team and our players in the AHL then you do.

Sorry, but once again, i will post lines that i think would have no isse getting us into the POs with 13 games left.

Lups--Kadri-Kuli

JVR-Grabo/McLem,-Kessel----- Don't like Grabo there? Fine try McLem he does after all have more even strength helpers and points then Bozak does.

Kamo--McLem/Grabo-Frat

Orr,McLar,Hamilton,Ashton,D'Amigo as your 2 4th line wingers, take your pick.

Colb,Conn,Ziggy as your 4th line C take your pick.
That's where we differ, and because of that this argument could go on all day. Trading one of Boz, Mac, or Grabo is ideal, because we do have considerable depth to fill the void. However, finding two, high quality replacements is unrealistic. Our team will take a big hit and I don't have enough faith in our youngins.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Brody
High.

vCash: 551
Guy Boucher...

Old
03-24-2013, 01:35 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
This is a very good point and something I would like to add is that the type of players that would improve our cycle game are also the one's that would improve our ability to clear the puck out of our zone at the blueline. Another area that we are sorely lacking. Too often we get hemmed into our zone because the pinching defenseman is able to outpower or stop the clearing attempt from our wingers along the boards.
A big part of the issue when this occurs is because players are on long shifts to begin with before even the hemming starts... They don't have the legs or lungs to be able to pin on the wall or take checkers out of the play to allow that split second to clear the zone. 70% of defense is as simple as out working your opposition but when your legs are burning and oxygen starts slowing down to get to the brain your in a huge disadvantage to do anything...

That's why a strong checking game, cycle game to control the amount of time you spend in the D zone so your able to make clean line changes is a must if your going to be a good defensive team.

There's no better example at this right now than last nights game with Boston. so much talk about Boston being a strong defensive team but there is very little talk about what it is that they do to be strong defensively in that they control the game and spend more time than not in the offensive zone and rarely have tired legs on extended shifts when in the defensive zone coverage.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Kopitar + OVi would be a nice first line
Ovechkin-Kopitar-Brown First line.......

Old
03-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Pens have won what 12 straight? Lemieux was a center he knows they are far more valuable than wingers and they have Neal and Kunitz.This just wont happen,why would they? To me Pens are favs right now to win it all,and thats if they make no trades.
IF it is Malkin then it only makes remote sense for one reason.

He is UFA in 2014/15 and has a full NMC that kicks in in 2013/14.

That said , with Perry knocking down a 8.6 cap hit, whats Malkin gonna be at 10/11/12m? In two years time.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Brody
High.

vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Ovechkin-Kopitar-Brown First line.......
Jagr-Gretzky-Lemieux.............

I win.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:39 PM
darrylsittler27

Pens will win this year.

Quote:
IF it is Malkin then it makes only remote sense for one reason.

He is UFA in 2014/15 and has a full NMC that kicks in in 2013/14.

That said , with Perry knocking down a 8.6 cap hit, whats Malkin gonna be at 10/11/12m? In two years time.
Lemieux will take the cup this year before dealing Malkin.

Closed Thread