HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 09:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
The Rangers made the mistake of loaning Fasth to his Swedish team after signing him to a contract last May. When did the Swedes become Russians?

Quote:
The Tre Kronor team manager Tommy Boustedt there is certainly an opening in the discussion with Rangers but Jesper Fasth been registered in Sweden this season it does not matter that the NHL club that owns the player.

- As long as we believes that a player is considered for a World Championship team, we do not release them according to the rules of the NHL. That is how the agreement looks like and it is we who owns the rights to the player, says team boss Tommy Boustedt.
http://jnytt.se/nyhet/54045/jesper-f...rs-kan-stoppas

Fasth is on LOAN. His SPC is registered with the NHL Central Registry. The Swedes got a transfer fee for the Rangers signing Fasth.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I think you guys are seriously overrating what Fast is going to bring to this team if he is brought over.

First of all, what is Torts going to do to this kid? I promise he won't plug him into the lineup right away, he's going to give Fast a few practices. Then, it's implementation on the bottom-6 with Boyle as his center, well that's going to be fun to watch!

Even when Kreider came to the Rangers in the playoffs last season and ripped the NHL to shreds, he was still pinned to the bench at moments for "lapses in defensive judgement." I'd expect something like that to happen more to a guy who has never played on a NA sized rink before.

The Rangers should really be exploring bringing in Fast AND Zuccarello and getting guys like Newbury and Asham out of the lineup.

Is Fast a two-way player? Can he play up to Torts's standards for every rookie aside from Miller? (I'm generally asking, I haven't seen him play outside of the WJC)

Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
TheRedViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think you guys are seriously overrating what Fast is going to bring to this team if he is brought over.

First of all, what is Torts going to do to this kid? I promise he won't plug him into the lineup right away, he's going to give Fast a few practices. Then, it's implementation on the bottom-6 with Boyle as his center, well that's going to be fun to watch!

Even when Kreider came to the Rangers in the playoffs last season and ripped the NHL to shreds, he was still pinned to the bench at moments for "lapses in defensive judgement." I'd expect something like that to happen more to a guy who has never played on a NA sized rink before.

The Rangers should really be exploring bringing in Fast AND Zuccarello and getting guys like Newbury and Asham out of the lineup.

Is Fast a two-way player? Can he play up to Torts's standards for every rookie aside from Miller? (I'm generally asking, I haven't seen him play outside of the WJC)
Expecting him to come in a provide offense to save our season is obviously a ridiculous expectation, but getting him over ASAP to see him on NA ice is huge.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:17 AM
CM PUNK

michigan (nieves) vs notre dame (fogarty) at 2:05pm for the CCHA championship...

michigan needs to win their 10th straight game today to earn a spot in the ncaa tourney (or yale gets in)...notre dame is in either way just depends on seeding...

if michigan wins...projected brackets on uscho.com have all 3 ranger prospects in the same bracket(west)...michigan(15) vs minnesota(2), denver(9) vs notre dame(8)

if notre dame wins then gophers would face yale and notre dame becomes the top seed in the midwest bracket.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:17 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:

I agree. Do I want Fast here? Absolutely. Do I think if things go well he can have a significant impact? Absolutely.

Do I think he will be able to step in, adjust to NA ice, adjust to the speed of the NHL, and be competent enough in all 3 zones? Not impossible but that is no small feat and expectations should be tempered a bit.

03-24-2013, 10:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Looks like Minnesota is going to Grand Rapids as the top seed. Friday and Saturday. If Michigan wins the CCHA,they could face-off against Minnesota on Friday.

Quote:
If Michigan wins Sunday:

Providence, RI - East
No. 1 Quinnipiac vs No. 16 Canisius
No. 5 Boston College vs No. 12 Union

Grand Rapids, MI - West
No. 2 Minnesota vs No. 15 +Michigan
No. 6 North Dakota vs No. 10 Niagara

Manchester, NH - Northeast
No. 3 Mass.-Lowell vs No. 14 Wisconsin
No. 7 +New Hampshire vs No. 11 Minnesota State

Toledo, OH - Midwest
No. 4 Miami vs No. 13 St. Cloud
No. 8 Notre Dame vs No. 9 Denver
http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ection_big.php

Go Michigan.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I don't even know if I want Fast(h) playing right away. He has been quite injury prone (not just the two major injuries, but just minor stuff all the time) and I really think he can use some strength and conditioning before he steps into a NHL role. I love the kid as a prospect, but I'm not really ready to see him playing against the giants in the NHL just yet.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Hopefully do what he did with Hagelin, bringing him along perfectly right, and helping him blossom into a legitimate top sixer.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Fasth and Lindberg need to get used to the smaller NA rinks. They will need some time in Hartford, from a couple of weeks to half season.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
:madfire : &^&!^&!@^&*^&@*^&@ Sweden. We need HELP AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
How hard could could it be to invade Sweden? It's a nation that invented a tank without a turret or offensive capabilities. The worst thing they can do is tax our soldiers at a 70% rate. I'm pretty sure if the people of HFNYR get their kitchen knives, we can make regime change happen there.

Swedish Tank

Old
03-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Is Fast a two-way player?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Do I think he will be able to step in, adjust to NA ice, adjust to the speed of the NHL, and be competent enough in all 3 zones? Not impossible but that is no small feat and expectations should be tempered a bit.
Do I think he can either help add some depth scoring to the Rangers or top-6 scoring to the Whale as it is struggling to make the playoffs? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't even know if I want Fast(h) playing right away. He has been quite injury prone (not just the two major injuries, but just minor stuff all the time) and I really think he can use some strength and conditioning before he steps into a NHL role. I love the kid as a prospect, but I'm not really ready to see him playing against the giants in the NHL just yet.
He's played in in the SEL for three seasons now, and Scandinavians aren't exactly small.

Last edited by Beacon: 03-24-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 12:59 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

ND vs MICH is on NHL Network so those who are home can watch the game. I'll be paying attention to both Boo and Fogarty.

EDIT: MSG+. My mistake

Last edited by mrjimmyg89: 03-24-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Fast will be in North America next week
As will Zuccarello
Watch...

Old
03-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
As will Zuccarello
Watch...
i hope not.. Rather see Christian Thomas or Haley up here...

Old
03-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Mishegas scores first! Short-handed goal in the last minute of the first period.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Thomas needs to get benched in Hartford, not promoted.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:36 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Trouba is such an awesome prospect.

Aside from his play on the goal that entire shift was just beast mode.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:43 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Fast will not play much if anything with NYR, Zuccarello will play though... Perhaps not in NYC though - if I understand things correctly

Old
03-24-2013, 01:46 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Fast will not play much if anything with NYR, Zuccarello will play though... Perhaps not in NYC though - if I understand things correctly
Hopefully you're right, good sir.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Trouba is such an awesome prospect.

Aside from his play on the goal that entire shift was just beast mode.
He's a player, so glad the Isles passed on him and the Jets got'em.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Levitate

Quote:
As will Zuccarello
Watch...
Guessing or hearing things

Old
03-24-2013, 02:09 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers want to assign Fasth to the AHL and go from there. It was in the article from Sweden posted here.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers want to assign Fasth to the AHL and go from there. It was in the article from Sweden posted here.
Im fine with that. Actually prefer that.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
It's too late now, time to spill the beans!

Old
03-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
He's played in in the SEL for three seasons now, and Scandinavians aren't exactly small.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but there is simply a massive difference in the size, speed, and strength between the SEL and the NHL.

Closed Thread