HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company Discussion Thread | OFFSEASON | Activity Check

Old
03-24-2013, 02:14 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

vCash: 500
I will be playing Edmonton's CPU as a test to see if the games keep not registering.

Regardless, the current league appears to be corrupted to the point of no return. Because of that I intend on restarting the league with a couple differences in place.

1. League blocks will remain 2 weeks. Advances will be one day each from the start of the season to the trade deadline, which will be three.

2. After the trade deadline we will be advancing straight to the draft which will be three days.

3. We will then do the standard "one day to sign free agents per advance" rule, which will give you around 5 days to sign whatever players you have or want to acquire.

4. The first day of free agency will be one day. There will be one more day to sign any players as a second option, then we will advance to the first day of the regular season.

5. Repeat steps 1-4 until the draft of season 6. We will then continue the league as it was originally.

This will allow you to restructure your team if you didn't like it completely OR allow you to rebuild your team to what you originally had it as. Does anyone disagree or have other suggestions to how we should restart?

I will also need to run an activity check to see who is going to be active and who will still want to be part of the league.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:43 AM
jayminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
I will be playing Edmonton's CPU as a test to see if the games keep not registering.

Regardless, the current league appears to be corrupted to the point of no return. Because of that I intend on restarting the league with a couple differences in place.

1. League blocks will remain 2 weeks. Advances will be one day each from the start of the season to the trade deadline, which will be three.

2. After the trade deadline we will be advancing straight to the draft which will be three days.

3. We will then do the standard "one day to sign free agents per advance" rule, which will give you around 5 days to sign whatever players you have or want to acquire.

4. The first day of free agency will be one day. There will be one more day to sign any players as a second option, then we will advance to the first day of the regular season.

5. Repeat steps 1-4 until the draft of season 6. We will then continue the league as it was originally.

This will allow you to restructure your team if you didn't like it completely OR allow you to rebuild your team to what you originally had it as. Does anyone disagree or have other suggestions to how we should restart?

I will also need to run an activity check to see who is going to be active and who will still want to be part of the league.
I would love to join

jayminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:06 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayminator View Post
I would love to join
Hey jay,

You will have to bear with me for the time being while I try to get this whole issue settled. I don't know who will on board for this and who will end up wanting out because of this, so I don't know how many teams may be available.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:18 AM
jayminator

Quote:
Hey jay,

You will have to bear with me for the time being while I try to get this whole issue settled. I don't know who will on board for this and who will end up wanting out because of this, so I don't know how many teams may be available.
Sounds good

jayminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:11 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

are you advancing it now? It seems to be advancing...been like this for a while, guess it's corrupted.

noexult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:02 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
are you advancing it now? It seems to be advancing...been like this for a while, guess it's corrupted.
I advanced it on the scheduled time of the advance, saw it was apparently the trade deadline (only had two games on my schedule), then advanced it again. At that point the advance didn't stick for some reason and I still had those same two games. After advancing a second time those same two games were added to the rest of my remaining regular season schedule, and advancing after that was impossible due to the "EA servers" being unavailable.

Essentially, the file we were using is beyond fixable at this point. Pretty unfortunate EA didn't allow us to save backups in case this happened. Could have allowed us to rollback to season 4 or the offseason of season 5 and prevent us from having to perform a full reboot.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:32 AM
vflawiess

Hmm well that sucks for other teams, i just joined the league during playoffs so doesnt really affect me, full reboot it is

vflawiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:25 AM
HaroldDruken

are out. This was fun while it lasted, but has become more troublesome with all the issues and not interested in starting over really. Thanks for the fun 6-7 months guys and good job to those who created, maintained and took over running this league. Kudos. See you guys in NHL14, where I hope to have a spot in the Bluth Company once again. If not I will be on the waiting list regardless.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:42 AM
vflawiess

Rosters are not reset?

vflawiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:44 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

atm, but would like to change team if possible...either to or

Old
03-24-2013, 09:58 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

I'll stick around, but I'm not set on keep the Lightning. I'll see what opens up first though.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Firefoxx

Oilers will stick it out regardless of what's decided, but I think were going to lose a few people.

Firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:08 AM
matt1396

are in for the reboot but can you explain to me the whole advances will be one day each from the start of the season to the deadline which will be 3, that is the only part I don't get

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:18 AM
stevezz

are out. i will be back for nhl 14 though! This league has been really fun, thanks Fuss and Argarbargar for all ur hard work!

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Yeah, are dropping out too. It was a good run. I'll gladly take over Ottawa come NHL 14. Good luck to those sticking through.

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:56 PM
avsfan89

Avs are still in, but just to be clear, we are just simming the first 5 years right?

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
are in for the reboot but can you explain to me the whole advances will be one day each from the start of the season to the deadline which will be 3, that is the only part I don't get
I will advance the league once each day, and the block of the trade deadline will be three so people can make some last minute trades. I will then advance to the draft and give people another day to make any other trades.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:25 PM
matt1396

Quote:
I will advance the league once each day, and the block of the trade deadline will be three so people can make some last minute trades. I will then advance to the draft and give people another day to make any other trades.
ah that sounds good

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:31 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Will take quite alot of time then to get to season 5 or 6...How many advances are there in a regular season, 14? So two weeks+3 days+++...we are talking close to a month per season, so we would get to season 5/6 when NHL 14 comes out...

Old
03-24-2013, 02:35 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexult View Post
Will take quite alot of time then to get to season 5 or 6...How many advances are there in a regular season, 14? So two weeks+3 days+++...we are talking close to a month per season, so we would get to season 5/6 when NHL 14 comes out...
Well should we allow just one season with that in mind so people get trades in to change the team to their liking then sim all the way to season five?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
HockeyPrince23

Current cgy gm

Hey comish, i would like to have an east team and i noticed that ottawa has been dropped, either them or toronto. If its too much trouble i will remain with cgy, thanku.

HockeyPrince23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:39 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

I believe one easily could double or triple advance per day...if the point is to get to S5-S6...

Old
03-24-2013, 02:41 PM
bootsgaudet

Just a thought, seems the league would be losing more people to simming all the way back up to this point.

Start from scratch, or maybe only sim a season or two to let some progression happen. Realisticly, people mainly just want to play games and mess with line-ups as quick as possible, with a few teams open it already shows not everyone wants into a league in its 5th season, and more people are leaving now rather than simming back to the point this league was at.

Should restart or do a shorter sim, because this league had a core group of people that has made it one of the longest lasting on these boards. Id be out if simming all the way back up to s5, however would prefer a restart, or could suck it up if you simmed a season or two.

and id like to take the as i am the now

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:42 PM
avsfan89

we could just not sim for a whole season, make our trades and free agent signings during the 1st season, then

at the end of the playoffs and offseason once free agents are all signed, we sim all the way to the trade deadline of the 2nd season, then make our final trades, and sim again to the playoffs,

play out the playoffs, do the offseason , then sim to trade deadline again, and repeat.

that way we could still play playoffs if our team is in it, and rely on our roster building to do well during the season

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:44 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

And what do we do about draft picks? Pretty sure many will be trying to get an early overall pick and end last in the season...maybe one should have a lottery and every1 sends their 1st pick to a different team of the commish choosing before season starts. West 1st picks goes to East...and vice versa...