HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XI - Winter... I mean...Deadline approaching

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Guy Boucher...
and??

Anyone think Ruff will be the next Tampa coach??? He has ties with Stevy Y from team Canada.

I think Ruff is a lock for the Tampa job

Old
03-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Nazem Bozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Jagr-Gretzky-Lemieux.............

I win.
lupul-kadri-frattin

I win.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Bozak View Post
lupul-kadri-frattin

I win.
Kadr-Kadri-KAdri

Now GTFO

Old
03-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
IF it is Malkin then it only makes remote sense for one reason.

He is UFA in 2014/15 and has a full NMC that kicks in in 2013/14.

That said , with Perry knocking down a 8.6 cap hit, whats Malkin gonna be at 10/11/12m? In two years time.
I would LOVE Malkin!

He will demand a Kings ransom plus we would have to resign him to a 8 year deal @ $10M per!

PIT: Kessel + Bozak + Gardiner + Frattin + 1st
TOR: Malkin

Old
03-24-2013, 01:48 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
I would LOVE Malkin!

He will demand a Kings ransom plus we would have to resign him to a 8 year deal @ $10M per!

Next.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Brody
nah.

vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Kadr-Kadri-KAdri

Now GTFO
Who is Kadr?

Old
03-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
I would LOVE Malkin!

I will honestly laugh if Malkin gets another concussion or MCL/ACL tear if that trade ever went down.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:50 PM
N4Z3M LUPUL

i think all we need is an old guy with tons of PO experience and we're fine. Keep what we have because its working, and add a guy that can show our young team what it takes to win, especially if we make the playoffs, we're not 2-3 guys away from a cup contender, we're more likely 5 years and some developed players away from it.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW View Post
That's where we differ, and because of that this argument could go on all day. Trading one of Boz, Mac, or Grabo is ideal, because we do have considerable depth to fill the void. However, finding two, high quality replacements is unrealistic. Our team will take a big hit and I don't have enough faith in our youngins.
I think where we differ is in the impact perceived by Mac and Boz and how that would be mitigated by who gets bumped up in the line up.

Boz has produced 11 even strength points
skating with JVR/Kess, with about 120 mins more ice time i might add.

McLem has produced 12, skating with whom? and 120 less mins of ESIT.

So i don't see where the major dip would come from even if it was McLem taking Boz s slot.

Mac has popped in 13 evens to Kamos 5, but i wonder how much of that is due to Kadri and when Lups returns, well then?

And Kamo brings things to the table that hold high value in the POs.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Lemieux will take the cup this year before dealing Malkin.
Ya, i hear ya,

Just spitballing what the rational could be IF it was him.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:00 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolt View Post
I also did specify defensive zone, where bozak takes more faceoffs then Grabo.
Except he doesn't.

Bozak starts in the defensive zone 33.3% of the time, whereas Grabovski starts in the defensive zone 38.9% of the time.

Try again.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif16 View Post
Eklund ****s around a lot. Dude bull****s alot. But i do remember some trades that came out to be true, and he was the first one to say it.

The mike richards and Jeff carter Trade
The Byfuglien trade from chicago to Atlanta, was first broken by him
I remember there being a trade earlier this season or something that was correct. Bob mcenzie and dregar both gave him props for it.

But again, most of the time he is just stupid
The dude basically mentions every single player is involved in a trade. He has to get some right.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
I hope Letang wins the Norris...not because he deserves it but they will have to pay the big bucks to Letang.

Nobody takes a pay cut in their biggest contract.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
UFA Malkin... drool. 7 years as much money as anyone else will offer +1 dollar.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

Would love to see JvR tried at C, was hoping we'd try that during the skid.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post

Next.
it's just for fun and would never happen...

I would love to see what you think fair value is for Malkin

Old
03-24-2013, 02:15 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
I think where we differ is in the impact perceived by Mac and Boz and how that would be mitigated by who gets bumped up in the line up.

Boz has produced 11 even strength points
skating with JVR/Kess, with about 120 mins more ice time i might add.

McLem has produced 12, skating with whom? and 120 less mins of ESIT.

So i don't see where the major dip would come from even if it was McLem taking Boz s slot.

Mac has popped in 13 evens to Kamos 5, but i wonder how much of that is due to Kadri and when Lups returns, well then?

And Kamo brings things to the table that hold high value in the POs.
Scoring depth holds value in the playoffs too and that's how your weakening the team.

I don't think anybody on here is saying don't trade these 2, where people like myself who disagree with you is to trade them right now for the types of picks and or prospects you will get for these 2 your not improving the team your weakening it rather you admit it or not trading depth players off your roster for picks in the middle of a season when your playoff bound is weakening your team.

The Leafs wont get the return of an overpayment in futures to trade these 2. If a team does it that's bad on them I just don't see it happening. You wont get a 1st round pick for either of these 2 as rentals nor would you get a prospect that would be better than what the organization has so losing them for nothing at seasons end and enjoying the depth they give for the remainder of the year + playoffs isn't a lost at all. They're the rentals the Leafs don't have to trade for to add depth think of it that way.

That's the difference your anal on losing 2 guys as UFA's for nothing. 2 guys that wont fetch you any sort of a significant return.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Revolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Scoring depth holds value in the playoffs too and that's how your weakening the team.

I don't think anybody on here is saying don't trade these 2, where people like myself who disagree with you is to trade them right now for the types of picks and or prospects you will get for these 2 your not improving the team your weakening it rather you admit it or not trading depth players off your roster for picks in the middle of a season when your playoff bound is weakening your team.

The Leafs wont get the return of an overpayment in futures to trade these 2. If a team does it that's bad on them I just don't see it happening. You wont get a 1st round pick for either of these 2 as rentals nor would you get a prospect that would be better than what the organization has so losing them for nothing at seasons end and enjoying the depth they give for the remainder of the year + playoffs isn't a lost at all. They're the rentals the Leafs don't have to trade for to add depth think of it that way.

That's the difference your anal on losing 2 guys as UFA's for nothing. 2 guys that wont fetch you any sort of a significant return.
This. Nice post.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
it's just for fun and would never happen...

I would love to see what you think fair value is for Malkin
What off the leafs?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

If Malkin somehow made it to UFA, would you be ok with the Leafs signing him to a max deal?

~12 million/7 years.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:46 PM
dubplatepressure

You gentlemen put any stock into the fenwick stats?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travi...5#.UU9XUxysiSp

Pretty interesting - we're bottom 5 in the league. Goes without saying we seem to be overperforming right now... I for one am just waiting for the bubble to burst. And no, I'm not just being pessimistic; the stats don't lie, we don't dominate anyone, and our wins are usually accompanied by a wide margin between our shots against and our shots for. Giveaways, blah blah blah.

Seems obvious to those who watch most games. The question is why wouldn't we be sellers this year? It seems the smart move in this market.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:

Pretty interesting - we're bottom 5 in the league. Goes without saying we seem to be overperforming right now... I for one am just waiting for the bubble to burst. And no, I'm not just being pessimistic; the stats don't lie, we don't dominate anyone, and our wins are usually accompanied by a wide margin between our shots against and our shots for. Giveaways, blah blah blah.

Seems obvious to those who watch most games. The question is why wouldn't we be sellers this year? It seems the smart move in this market.
Anaheim 24th overall?

Florida 20th overall?

No, I don't put very much stock into these stats.

I think the main reason why the Leafs win games is because of the amount of high quality scoring chances they produce on a nightly basis. You don't see a lot of perimeter play this year. Half of our defensive squad has been god awful throughout the year, which has impacted our goaltending once again. If Nonis can make a couple of upgrades in that department I think the Leafs have the chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:56 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Anaheim 24th overall?

Florida 20th overall?

No, I don't put very much stock into these stats.

I think the main reason why the Leafs win games is because of the amount of high quality scoring chances they produce on a nightly basis. You don't see a lot of perimeter play this year. Half of our defensive squad has been god awful throughout the year, which has impacted our goaltending once again. If Nonis can make a couple of upgrades in that department I think the Leafs have the chance to make some noise in the playoffs.
You pick 2 outliers and that's it? Sheesh man... I bet you don't dabble in the stock market. Do I even need to ask you what you notice about, say, the top 15 teams?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
yakfish
"Holy Mackinaw!"

Quote:

Not sure how much stock to put into it but it was a very interesting read. Kind of makes you think our goaltending isn't that bad after all (considering how much time we spend in the defensive zone compared to being 6th in the conference standings right now).

Old
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:

Advanced stats

Look where Anaheim is. Should they start selling off?

Closed Thread