HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Roman Josi: Your Honest Thoughts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 06:42 AM
  #51
swisdan
Registered User
 
swisdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
7 points at his last 4 games. It seems like he finds his offensive touch. But how did Josi play defensively lately?

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:43 AM
  #52
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
7 points at his last 4 games. It seems like he finds his offensive touch. But how did Josi play defensively lately?
He mishandled a puck last night that led to a goal but overall his defensive play has been good.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:03 AM
  #53
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
7 points at his last 4 games. It seems like he finds his offensive touch. But how did Josi play defensively lately?
Defensively, he's still a little up-and-down, mainly in terms of handling the puck on the breakout. He needs to learn to weight his passes a little better; they're often too soft and result in turnovers and dangerous scoring chances for the other team. But that's just something that comes with NHL experience.

I firmly believe that we aren't seeing the apex of Josi's abilities yet. That won't come until next spring at the earliest.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
  #54
sighthndlady
Registered User
 
sighthndlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Defensively, he's still a little up-and-down, mainly in terms of handling the puck on the breakout. He needs to learn to weight his passes a little better; they're often too soft and result in turnovers and dangerous scoring chances for the other team. But that's just something that comes with NHL experience.

I firmly believe that we aren't seeing the apex of Josi's abilities yet. That won't come until next spring at the earliest.
More likely a year after that. It took Weber & Suter several years to get fully developed, and I don't expect Josi to get there any quicker. But he's going to get there.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
  #55
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 949
vCash: 500
when Webs gets annoyed/distracted, Josi notices it and he becomes tentative. That was a real plus with Suter - he was rock-steady and could give Webs a few mins to pull it together

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:21 AM
  #56
Shawn Heins 44
Registered User
 
Shawn Heins 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Here is a link to an interview with Josi in Swiss German.

They ask him about his plans for the future since he wil be a RFA this summer. He sais that he hopes he can stay in Nashville. He loves the town, really cool city with nice people and great fans. He loves to play with Weber and is happy about his increased TOI. He is also happy that he could take much more responsability compared to last year.

When asked which other Swiss he would like to join the Preds he answers with Streit (played together during the lockout and had a great time).

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...toll--24041200

Shawn Heins 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:52 AM
  #57
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Heins 44 View Post
Here is a link to an interview with Josi in Swiss German.

They ask him about his plans for the future since he wil be a RFA this summer. He sais that he hopes he can stay in Nashville. He loves the town, really cool city with nice people and great fans. He loves to play with Weber and is happy about his increased TOI. He is also happy that he could take much more responsability compared to last year.

When asked which other Swiss he would like to join the Preds he answers with Streit (played together during the lockout and had a great time).

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...toll--24041200
Cool - thanks for sharing.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  #58
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Is there any chance at all that we don't resign him?

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:04 PM
  #59
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Is there any chance at all that we don't resign him?
we will resign him

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:08 PM
  #60
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
Is there any chance at all that we don't resign him?
Absolutely no chance we don't re-sign him unless he chooses hunt for offer sheets. He's coming off is ELC and isn't arbitration eligible.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:25 PM
  #61
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Thanks guys..I can breathe easy now.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
  #62
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
And I meant that question more in the context of "will he sign with another team over us, if he's given the opportunity"


I don't follow all the contract/arbitration stuff very closely.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:36 PM
  #63
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
And I meant that question more in the context of "will he sign with another team over us, if he's given the opportunity"


I don't follow all the contract/arbitration stuff very closely.
He's a RFA which means he can sign with us or sign an offer sheet which the Preds can match. There are no other options for him if he wants to stay in the NHL.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:56 PM
  #64
RomanEmpire
Registered User
 
RomanEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He's a RFA which means he can sign with us or sign an offer sheet which the Preds can match. There are no other options for him if he wants to stay in the NHL.

Ah I gotcha..makes sense now. Appreciate it.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:06 AM
  #65
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,483
vCash: 500
I'm not worried about Josi going anywhere. He is the future.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 05:32 AM
  #66
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
I haven't seen a full game in a while, and I must say that i am impressed ! he kept progressing and maturing.

He is now logging on a regular basis very high minutes on ice. (even higher than before . NHL wise he ranks 5th with 26,16... behind Weber 4th with 26,45)

Very solid player, awesome passes, great and fast decision making, awesome vision, super IQ, very responsible, great drive to the offense ...

The beautiful flower he is keeps blossoming.

Probably time to separate him from Weber ?

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 06:22 AM
  #67
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,256
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
I haven't seen a full game in a while, and I must say that i am impressed ! he kept progressing and maturing.

He is now logging on a regular basis very high minutes on ice. (even higher than before . NHL wise he ranks 5th with 26,16... behind Weber 4th with 26,45)

Very solid player, awesome passes, great and fast decision making, awesome vision, super IQ, very responsible, great drive to the offense ...

The beautiful flower he is keeps blossoming.

Probably time to separate him from Weber ?
no.
thee whole reason we traded for Del Zotto was to balance our D pairs in terms of L/R
our pairs are set for the foreseeable future

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 01:00 PM
  #68
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
He's a good piece to our future... assuming he doesn't build upon his 5 concussions.

Still havne't found out if his 7 yr contract is insured.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 01:58 PM
  #69
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,230
vCash: 500
He really is the new.....

yeah, that guy.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:46 AM
  #70
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 500
His 12th goal means 9th in the League among defenders, really nice to see him getting some points of late.
More points per game than Chara, Suter, Seabrook, Green, Doughty, Fowler, Bouwmeester etc.

While his scoring production was average during the first months, in his last 13 games Josi has 3G, 8A, 11P and a +11
He averages 26:21 TOI per game, 5th in the NHL.


Last edited by swissexpert: 04-06-2014 at 01:59 AM.
swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 05:50 PM
  #71
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Honest thoughts: He is really good.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.