HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Julien Shakes It UP

Old
03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
tragos

vCash: 500
Separating Marchand and Bergeron, the only pair that's putting up points? Seriously?

tragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragos View Post
Separating Marchand and Bergeron, the only pair that's putting up points? Seriously?
Chances are just as good that those two can bring points to other lines and spread the wealth. Worth a shot IMO.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
haha, crap, thought that looked too good there.

Marchand - Bergeron - Caron (Iginla)
Paille - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Seguin - Peverly

Les fixed!

Ta der
Knew what you meant. I at least thought he'd leave Marchand w/ Bergy. I find that really surprising, b/c Marchand's work load on the boards just got a whole lot more demanding w/o Bergy. I would have thought...

Lucic Krejci Seguin
Marchand Bergeron Paille

Or even move Peverley up w/ Lucic and DK.

Didn't expect to see Seguin at center, but would love to see it. Sorry to see Spooner go. Was he too fast or something?

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Andrew83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Sure it does.

Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin up the middle is more likely to give you three scoring lines.

Paille - Bergeron - Marchand
Marchand - Krejci - Horton
Lucic - Seguin - Peverly
I think the 2 Marchands should play on the same line since they have good chemistry.

Andrew83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:19 PM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grizz View Post
With Paille and Seguin on the second line together, that's some awesome speed. Paille should get a few tap-ins at the back post from Seguin, will he miss those also?
I can't believe Julien is using Pandolfo over McD on the 4th. That is the perfect spot for a young player.
Pandolfo can be used as the 13th man, what pictures/ secrets does he have on Claude from the NJD days?
Paille is also pretty good at net crashing, so he might be able to scoop up some garbage and make it count.

Not sure this puts Paille in a position though where he will be able to shine. Paille seems to play his best in a very simple, crash and bang type format like the 4th line.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Chances are just as good that those two can bring points to other lines and spread the wealth. Worth a shot IMO.
He's got speed mixed in throughout the lines. I get that. Don't get punishing Marchand and Bergeron. We know Lucic DK and Seguin will work.

Why I don't ever get in discussions a/b the lines, like he said, he's the coach.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Mainehockey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Paille is also pretty good at net crashing, so he might be able to scoop up some garbage and make it count.

Not sure this puts Paille in a position though where he will be able to shine. Paille seems to play his best in a very simple, crash and bang type format like the 4th line.
Who knows, that game he played on Savards line he got two goals

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Love that Julien is sending a message to Lucic.

I said it in the GDT yesterday, scoring 36 was the worst thing to happen to Lucic. He hasn't played that immensely physical game since. That LKH line should be a dominant line in the NHL given the way we know Lucic and Horton to an extent can create space and be physical. For whatever reason they aren't doing that.

Glad Claude is finally changing it up. Now let's hope the message is actually received.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:33 PM
pgm16

Before tomorrow night's game is over, it will be back to original line combinations......this happens every year...whenever the Bruins lose & have trouble scoring...

pgm16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

I don't think it should be looked at as punishing. The goal is to wake the whole team up, I think.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post

I said it in the GDT yesterday, scoring 36 was the worst thing to happen to Lucic. He hasn't played that immensely physical game since. That LKH line should be a dominant line in the NHL given the way we know Lucic and Horton to an extent can create space and be physical. For whatever reason they aren't doing that.

Glad Claude is finally changing it up. Now let's hope the message is actually received.
He was taken off of Krejci's line last year. I think he scored on one of his first shifts w/ Kelly and Peverley. Krejci ended up on Bergy's wing, and didn't get it together until being put back w/ Lucic. We'll see.

Not the first time this line has been dead in the water.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:37 PM
nORRis Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post

Maybe he should sit Lucic down and have him watch tapes of Rick Tocchett,Wendel Clark,Kevin Dideen and Clark Gilles and show them that they didn't all of a sounded think they were Mike Bossy,Guy Lafleur or Jari Kurri after they had success. They actually kept playing the never give up aggressive hard working style that made them who they were.

nORRis Trophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
I think the 2 Marchands should play on the same line since they have good chemistry.
I lol'd.

Have to do something so I agree with the shake up but MacD should definately get the nod over Pandolfo especially against a team like Toronto that is starting to play rough. Not surprised Spooner was sent down, he looked completely lost last night the bad news is we get another dosage of the NHLs most boring player Jordan Caron and concerned that we only have 1 line with good speed.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

I like the continued shaking up/message sending, but I'm very disappointed Seguin isn't at center.

03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

How Lucic doesn't average 2 shots per game is beyond me. The guy should be making space for himself and others, and just shooting from in tight and hammering rebounds from 2 feet away. How is he a finesse guy on offense all of a sudden? Does not compute.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:56 PM
BIG BAD BRUINS

Iggy names Bruins as 1 of the 4 teams he will be traded to, get it done!

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I like the continued shaking up/message sending, but I'm very disappointed Seguin isn't at center.
I'm also disappointed Spooner is gone. It isn't as if we can sneeze at any speed at center.

Why do you think Julien is hesitant to give Seguin a shot?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
How Lucic doesn't average 2 shots per game is beyond me. The guy should be making space for himself and others, and just shooting from in tight and hammering rebounds from 2 feet away. How is he a finesse guy on offense all of a sudden? Does not compute.
Why I'm glad he's now away from Horton.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Paddington

vCash: 50
I hope to see this new line combo, at least for tomorrow. Paille deserves a promotion based on his effort and some timely goals. I don't like him as a long-term solution on the top 6. Ideally, I'd like him on the Merlot line but I'll settle for him on the 3rd line until the Bruins receive an adequate upgrade. I just don't think Paille is skilled enough. He flubs too many shots and mishandles too many passes.

I like the Lucic demotion strictly as a way to light a fire. Production-wise, I'm not expecting much. I also wouldn't have minded if they found a way to put Lucic and Seguin together. In their limited time together over the past few years they seemed to click.

I'm with most, if not all, when I say I'm done with the Pandolfo experiment. I'd rather see McD on the 4th with Soupy and Thornton. It'll give the 4th line a little more bite and it take a bit of a load off Thornton.

Good on Julien for mixing things up. If the Bruins don't get the division they are still in a comfortable 4th spot, IMO. If they drop a game or two while trying to get things right probably won't have much of a negative impact.

Last edited by Paddington: 03-24-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Mad-Marcus

I'm ready to be crucified here, but since his new contract, Lucic has been playing like he deserves to be a third liner. He can shoot hard, skate straight, hit like a steamroller, but not the most creative offensive player skill wise. Not even a great defensive player. But in Boston if your tough it adds blinders to the fan base.
When Kelly comes back I'd leave him there. Add a shooter and trade Horton for someone the at least tries every night. He's the still the same guy FLA got rid of.

Mad-Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Mainehockey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I'm also disappointed Spooner is gone. It isn't as if we can sneeze at any speed at center.

Why do you think Julien is hesitant to give Seguin a shot?
Who knows, I like Spooner a lot but how does he get to jump right between Lucic and Horton before Seguin.

Mainehockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:03 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

lol just noticed Lucic has less shots that Boychuk and Seidenberg. Don't even know what to say to that.

He leads all Bruin forwards in giveaways, naturally.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
This.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
Who knows, I like Spooner a lot but how does he get to jump right between Lucic and Horton before Seguin.
I'd of seated him down in Kelly's spot at least. The night he was between those two, they at least had more chances than last night. Just didn't bury them.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:09 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselForSelke View Post
Still no Seguin playing center? Friggin Julien...Give this kid a time to shine.
He simply isn't ready for that. He's not terribly responsible playing the wing as it is.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote