HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks vs Wild 11AM PST ALL STAR PREGAME VIDEO

Old
03-24-2013, 01:34 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
As a Wild STH, you got snookered on the Burns trade. Way, way overpaid. He's worth $4MM tops. The Boyle replacement now playing offense? Says something about Burns' defensive deficiencies. Everyone gets lulled into his offensive upside, but on the back-end, he is horrible. Always has been.

I doubt Wilson wants anything to do with Fletcher. He has lost out every time. Spin-it all you want, but Heatley, Seto, Coyle and Phillips (though he has shown me nothing yet), are a better deal than Burns & Havlat. BTW, Barker was a disaster, but it was a deal that had to be done at the time due to Kim Johannson's contract. Losing Nick Leddy? He can't play defense. Think about it, Douglas Murray have Norris-worthy offensive production on the CBH. Leddy would be a third pairing d-man on the Wild, possibly a 2nd pairing if with Gilbert.
Thanks man, you have enlightened us on the player we watch every night.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:36 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
So Burns for a 7th would be a steal for the team getting a 7th right?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:07 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
As a Wild STH, you got snookered on the Burns trade. Way, way overpaid. He's worth $4MM tops. The Boyle replacement now playing offense? Says something about Burns' defensive deficiencies. Everyone gets lulled into his offensive upside, but on the back-end, he is horrible. Always has been.

I doubt Wilson wants anything to do with Fletcher. He has lost out every time. Spin-it all you want, but Heatley, Seto, Coyle and Phillips (though he has shown me nothing yet), are a better deal than Burns & Havlat. BTW, Barker was a disaster, but it was a deal that had to be done at the time due to Kim Johannson's contract. Losing Nick Leddy? He can't play defense. Think about it, Douglas Murray have Norris-worthy offensive production on the CBH. Leddy would be a third pairing d-man on the Wild, possibly a 2nd pairing if with Gilbert.
Hey, isn't there a Wild board? I think you lost your way.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:02 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:

Did you even watch Burns play when you watched? Do you even watch Sharks games?

Burns is moving to forward on a decision that is 100% temporary, which has been confirmed by Brent himself along with the coaching staff. There are 8 NHL caliber defensemen on the team right now and the team is having issues scoring and they needed a big, hard hitting forward with wheels and offensive talent, so they tried out Burns. He'll be back on defense soon, and he is our long term number one defenseman; his play last year confirmed that.

The picks were more or less a wash, the Sharks pick was 28th and the Wild pick was 37th the next year. Not really a big deal.

Phillips is looking like a reliable third liner, which is what Sheppard has become.

Burns is a top defenseman, he's our number one and in a better system he could be up for Norris contention. Havlat is a very good offensive puck possession player playing in the wrong system, like the rest of our team. He's an all star number one defenseman, and therefore, he is the best player of the trade. Coyle is an effective second liner while Phillips is a third liner and Setoguchi is an incredibly inconsistent player who is just going to get worse as time goes on. His current hot streak doesn't change that.

Heatley is a 7.5 mil 2nd liner who can't control the puck whatsoever, he is barely at .5 PPG and he is a minus a lot, he sucks and your whole fanbase wants him bought out. Sharks saved 2.5 million and when Havlat plays, he is one million times better than Heatley.

The Sharks won the 3 trades. All 3 of them. Our coach is a moron and therefore it may not look that way, but the trades helped the Sharks.

MarleauApologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:26 PM
sioux210

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Seriously, the trades were even at worst. Though I guess after the Cam Barker debacle, any trade that doesn't blow up in their face is considered a win.
soo much bitterness stop lurking on forums trying to rip on an entire fanbase because u had a few bad trades with us, we got lucky, the trades could've went either way, heatley could've been hurt instead of havlat last season.

sioux210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:28 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux210 View Post
soo much bitterness stop lurking on forums trying to rip on an entire fanbase because u had a few bad trades with us, we got lucky, the trades could've went either way, heatley could've been hurt instead of havlat last season.
Which sub-forum did he post that on? Which sub-forum are YOU posting this on?

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
You're the one on the Sharks forum. WTF.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
No one is bitter. Its funny how you call them bad trades..are you involved with the Wild and Sharks? No I'm guessing not. We are fans..our opinions mean **** and no matter how much you think you know..you don't know anymore than anyone else especially involving trades between two professional hockey franchises.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
hockeyball

He's intentionally trying to piss you guys off, just relax. The Wild have been in the toilet for a very long time and they are just chomping at the bit to pick on other teams the way they were picked on. It's meaningless.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
He's intentionally trying to piss you guys off, just relax. The Wild have been in the toilet for a very long time and they are just chomping at the bit to pick on other teams the way they were picked on. It's meaningless.
They never used to have fans here until they signed two free agents and collected a few shiny prospects.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:43 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
They never used to have fans here until they signed two free agents and collected a few shiny prospects.
This is true. The GDT with 1 person posting the whole game proves it.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Good times. I used to be friends with a couple of Wild fans on here. Looks like a new generation of bandwagoners are drowning out the good guys.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Konopka also didn't skate into Burish's path and pick him, even if the video shows differently.

/Wildfans

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
sioux210

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
???? picking on teams? simply said we got lucky in those trades. no its just specifically that guy WTFetus has been ranting pretty hard about the wild on trade forums and causing them to close, just relax were all nhl fans jeez..

sioux210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:56 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
???? picking on teams? simply said we got lucky in those trades. no its just specifically that guy WTFetus has been ranting pretty hard about the wild on trade forums and causing them to close, just relax were all nhl fans jeez..
Uh, you guys were "ranting" just as hard in that thread. One Wild fan called Burns a #4 defenseman. Come on, pretty sure Fetus isn't at fault here.

But seriously, we're very happy with all three of the trades, obviously you are too, so why do you feel the need to come into our thread?

Old
03-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
The Wild's success has very little to do with those trades and the Sharks lack of success has very little to do with those trades.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Can HaZ Trainz
Frightened Inmate #2

Quote:

I almost forgot about that GDT

Can HaZ Trainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Wait, what did I do on the trade rumors board? I didn't trash the wild, I didn't insult your fanbase. I was just arguing against the fact that we didn't get bent over like a dozen wild fans are saying. Are we not allowed to do that anymore? Talk about being hypocritical.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
No, I think the reason was because their main popular board got shut down or something so they moved here.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
The Wild's success has very little to do with those trades and the Sharks lack of success has very little to do with those trades.
This. It was pretty evident in Saturday's game.

Havlat for Heatley was a great "future" trade for SJ. If SJ fixes its system, Havlat will be great for us if we develop a system that is on par with the direction that the NHL is going in that emphasizes speed and scoring off the transition.

IMO, the Burns trade is looking like slight overpayment by us right now because Seto is on one of his streaks, which SJ fans are very familiar with. Again, Burns is one of those great "future" trades for us. He looks great now, but will only look better on a system that emphasizes speed.

Sheppard for a 3rd? Shoot. I love that one. I love the way Shep has been for us. I see a lot of potential in him.

Really, truly, I want both teams to benefit. The Wild are one of my favorite teams and I genuinely hope that the trades work out for them too. Right now, it just looks lobsided because the Wild are on the incline and we are on the decline.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote