HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues @ Flames: Bring your parents and ridiculous stick saves!

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 03:58 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
That dive. One facepalm isn't good enough.

This.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:03 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

dailyfaceoff.com is a great site to check for who's starting and team's lineups etc... helps alot if your in a competitive fantasy league also. Says Halak is confirmed to start.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:05 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Perron dove, who cares. Blues still won the game and he's one of our best offensive forwards with loads of potential.

Finally another voice of reason on the subject.

Seeing some of the posts on here would make you think that Perron only has like 3 or 4 goals this year. Wait. That's someone else. "But he dove." Who gives a damn. "But that's not Blues hockey" Well, Blues hockey has won a grand total of 0 Stanley Cups which isn't surprising if the prevailing attitude in town is "screw talented players like Perron. Give us Chris Porter."

So much fail from this fanbase.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:09 PM
jura
booze & blues

vCash: 50
SO rule : ON

Old
03-24-2013, 04:11 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post

Seeing some of the posts on here would make you think that Perron only has like 3 or 4 goals this year. Wait. That's someone else. "But he dove." Who gives a damn. "But that's not Blues hockey" Well, Blues hockey has won a grand total of 0 Stanley Cups which isn't surprising if the prevailing attitude in town is "screw talented players like Perron. Give us Chris Porter."

No matter how much you love Perron, you have to agree that he had a rough 2 periods last night. Very rough. The third was much better. His line had a couple of excellent shifts, and he was a big part of that.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
No matter how much you love Perron, you have to agree that he had a rough 2 periods last night. Very rough. The third was much better. His line had a couple of excellent shifts, and he was a big part of that.
He had two very bad periods, and the minor penalties continue to be a major problem. Again, I don't think that he's doing much differently. I think that after a few years in the league, the refs are on to his "act" and don't give him the benefit of the doubt due to his reputation (which the Ric Flair dive didn't help). In other words, refs are ignoring the plays that he used to draw penalties on and watching him closer for stick infractions and subtle little things he got away with for a while

He, Tarasenko, and Sobotka make a ton of sense as a line and they can definitely be a force. If they do work well together, it would say a lot about Perron as he has moved lines a few times already this year and been able to generate offense wherever he has played.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:

Did Backes run over your cat or something? Your hatred of him spilling over to the point where he's not even in the conversation and you bring him up.

Nobody discounts Perron's ability. Don't think anyone ever has.

What people don't like is pathetic displays like in that clip. It's not a "fail" by the fan base to call out a crappy hockey play when they see one. Perron is supremely talented and doesn't need to pull stunts like that. He should be called out for that, same as any other player that does it.

And for all that talent, he's done some really stupid things this year, least of which is the incredibly high amount of bone headed offensive zone penalties.

And for the record, he's got a whole 2 points more than that one guy with only 3 or 4 goals.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:29 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:

Seeing some of the posts on here would make you think that Perron only has like 3 or 4 goals this year.
Wait. That's someone else. "But he dove." Who gives a damn. "But that's not Blues hockey" Well, Blues hockey has won a grand total of 0 Stanley Cups which isn't surprising if the prevailing attitude in town is "screw talented players like Perron. Give us Chris Porter."

Oh wait, he has 9 goals? Sheesh, why have I been so hard on him? I didn't realize he'd gotten up to 21 points this season already. Guys let's focus on the players with less points. Afterall, it doesn't matter how you play, just how many points you have.

Honestly, you've proven to be unwilling to look at this fairly, but Perron played pathetically last night. Doesn't matter if he's got all the talent in the world, doesn't help him one bit when he's in the box.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

I had the impression the ref had it out for Perron last night. It was a bad game for him, but mostly because of the penalties.

I recall reading something about the league approving a "divers" list for the refs, and I wondered whether Perron would be on it if there were such a thing. Maybe unofficially he already is. Anyway, there are times when Perron reminds me too much of the bad part of Burrows. At least I doubt he'd ever bite a guy's finger.

Wasn't it in Calgary last season when Perron spent the day at a sporting goods store shooting pucks in a simulator, and the guy at the store had no idea he was an NHL player? Then he scored a couple in the game? I hope he visits that place again, because a nice bounce-back game is in order.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:53 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
He had two very bad periods, and the minor penalties continue to be a major problem. Again, I don't think that he's doing much differently. I think that after a few years in the league, the refs are on to his "act" and don't give him the benefit of the doubt due to his reputation (which the Ric Flair dive didn't help). In other words, refs are ignoring the plays that he used to draw penalties on and watching him closer for stick infractions and subtle little things he got away with for a while

He, Tarasenko, and Sobotka make a ton of sense as a line and they can definitely be a force. If they do work well together, it would say a lot about Perron as he has moved lines a few times already this year and been able to generate offense wherever he has played.
Perron on the 3rd line makes sense to you? I hope Perron working his ass off to get back into the top 6. Hitch isn't moving him to help other lines, he's bumping him because he's not performing well all-around night in and night out.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
Perron played pathetically last night. Doesn't matter if he's got all the talent in the world, doesn't help him one bit when he's in the box.
Stupid plays like this and Stupid penalties like the ones Perron took just make me more and more frustrated and I'm sure Blues Management feels the same way. When will their patience wear out? When will this enigma albeit talented winger grow up? I'm done venting, now to the game tonight ;

Another very winnable game tonight in Cal and Gary VS a inferior team that the blues should beat 19 times out of 20.

Let's Go Blues!!!

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 03-24-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed formatting
Old
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
That dive. One facepalm isn't good enough.

How about a facepalm made up of facepalms?

Let's Go Blues!!!

I'm glad to see the SO rule is on and Halak gets the start.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
danglzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I had the impression the ref had it out for Perron last night. It was a bad game for him, but mostly because of the penalties.

I recall reading something about the league approving a "divers" list for the refs, and I wondered whether Perron would be on it if there were such a thing. Maybe unofficially he already is. Anyway, there are times when Perron reminds me too much of the bad part of Burrows. At least I doubt he'd ever bite a guy's finger.

Wasn't it in Calgary last season when Perron spent the day at a sporting goods store shooting pucks in a simulator, and the guy at the store had no idea he was an NHL player? Then he scored a couple in the game? I hope he visits that place again, because a nice bounce-back game is in order.
Ottawa, actually. But yeah hopefully he bounces back tonight, been really frustrated with him pretty much all year.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:

Right.

If Perron wasn't putting up any points and diving then I'd have a problem with it but he's tied for 2nd in points on the team. He's having a great season and get way too much hate on these boards. I'm sure any other team would love to have Perron for the next 10 years. He can be a PPG career player IMO

Old
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Originally Posted by danglzzz View Post
Ottawa, actually. But yeah hopefully he bounces back tonight, been really frustrated with him pretty much all year.
Yeah, his 21 points in 30 games is really frustrating.....................

Old
03-24-2013, 05:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Who leads the team in minor penalties this season? I can only imagine how many of those were in the offensive zone.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:12 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
Perron on the 3rd line makes sense to you? I hope Perron working his ass off to get back into the top 6. Hitch isn't moving him to help other lines, he's bumping him because he's not performing well all-around night in and night out.

He's out there with a RW with similar offensive instincts and creativity and Sobotka who has been better offensively this season than David Backes and more consistent with his effort than Berglund. That's one hell of a punishment right there. If he was with Reaves and Nichol, you may have a point. It's funny that you have said that I have "proven to look at this fairly" a few posts down from where I acknowledge Perron had a rough 2 periods. Your problem seems to be that you are unwilling to accept that your position and the current groupthink on the board by the anti-Perron faction is lazy and inaccurate.

It's like people forget that typically following a streak where Perron plays like a dumbass and goes pointless comes a streak where he gets 7 points in 5 games. He has been here a while now. You should have figured this out by now.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Mike Liut

Why does every years team have to have a whipping boy?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:31 PM
Corn Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Because Adam Creighton isn't eligible anymore

Old
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
I always wondered that as well. For the most part I like our team as a whole.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn Baller View Post
Because Adam Creighton isn't eligible anymore
LMAO when I was younger I got Adam Creighton to write me an Autograph to Mack Daddy Ken. I wonder if I still have it. Hearing his name brings back funny memories when I was younger lol.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:

He's out there with a RW with similar offensive instincts and creativity and Sobotka who has been better offensively this season than David Backes and more consistent with his effort than Berglund. That's one hell of a punishment right there. If he was with Reaves and Nichol, you may have a point. It's funny that you have said that I have "proven to look at this fairly" a few posts down from where I acknowledge Perron had a rough 2 periods. Your problem seems to be that you are unwilling to accept that your position and the current groupthink on the board by the anti-Perron faction is lazy and inaccurate.

It's like people forget that typically following a streak where Perron plays like a dumbass and goes pointless comes a streak where he gets 7 points in 5 games. He has been here a while now. You should have figured this out by now.
Now Sobotka has been better offensively than Backes?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:38 PM
GrandPapillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Now Sobotka has been better offensively than Backes?
He has this season.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
He has this season.
Only if you're anti-Backes...

Old
03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
ToniJ1960

Quote:
Theres two this year Halak and Perron.

In the grade the Blues section a lot of people gave Halak a half a grade better than Elliot

Anyway hope they can gt a streak going Minnesota sure did and Pittsburgh is on a heckuva streak too. A four or five game streak would be nice.

Closed Thread