HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should the Jets trade with?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 03:10 PM
  #26
Only Jokinen
Registered User
 
Only Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 250
vCash: 400
I really see us doing a deal with buffalo for Stafford or pominville. I'd rather stafford because It wouldn't **** and Pillage our Prospect/Pick pool

Only Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:17 PM
  #27
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Pittsburgh
We should get Crosby for Hainsey

/endhflogic

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:24 PM
  #28
Only Jokinen
Registered User
 
Only Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 250
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Pittsburgh
We should get Crosby for Hainsey

/endhflogic
Postma for Letang because Postma's chances of improving are higher than Letang's (how do you improve that?)

Only Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:34 PM
  #29
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Jokinen View Post
I really see us doing a deal with buffalo for Stafford or pominville. I'd rather stafford because It wouldn't **** and Pillage our Prospect/Pick pool
Seeing what Brenden Morrow is going to go for either of those players are going to cost an arm and a leg, it looks to shapping up to be a sellers market this year and I don't think we have the depth to be buyers.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:05 PM
  #30
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Pittsburgh
We should get Crosby for Hainsey

/endhflogic
They have to add. Crosby is injury prone.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:24 PM
  #31
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Seeing what Brenden Morrow is going to go for either of those players are going to cost an arm and a leg, it looks to shapping up to be a sellers market this year and I don't think we have the depth to be buyers.
Seeing what Morrow is going for gives me hope we might get a late first for Hainsey.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
  #32
Jets
Resident Sieve
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
They have to add. Crosby is injury prone.
No, we turned injuries off.

Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
  #33
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Seeing what Morrow is going for gives me hope we might get a late first for Hainsey.
Is Joe Morrow good or something?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:39 PM
  #34
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Is Joe Morrow good or something?
He's a B+ calibre prospect imo. Real good two way guy with size and skill.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:41 PM
  #35
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,344
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Seeing what Morrow is going for gives me hope we might get a late first for Hainsey.
X2

The price for rentals is higher than usual this time around. They should sell one of Hainsey or Antropov. I don't have a big problem with either even if we're in the hunt for the playoffs.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
  #36
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
He's a B+ calibre prospect imo. Real good two way guy with size and skill.
per HF:

Quote:
4. (1) Joe Morrow, D, 7.5C
Drafted 1st round, 23rd overall, 2011

There is no better description of Joe Morrow than the one Penguins coach Dan Bylsma provided one February afternoon, when Morrow was called up to the NHL as a seventh defenseman.

"He can skate. He's big. He's a strong guy," said Bylsma. "He's highlighted for his shot, his offensive ability, skating ability, which is very high end. But he is also a big body and he's a farmer strong kind of player down low."

Morrow is also a very hard worker and demonstrates a lot of leadership qualities on and off the ice. He ultimately projects as a top four defenseman in a similar mold as Canucks defenseman Dan Hamuis. He has good size and the physical pedigree to play a lot of minutes in all situations. He is not far from NHL ready, but needs to simplify his game in the defensive zone and play with more confidence.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:42 PM
  #37
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!
 
broinwhyteridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Burmistrov for Crosby.
Thorburn for PK Subban.
Stuart for Smid.
Tangradi for Stamkos.

Am I doin it right?
If you were on the Trade board, then yes.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:19 AM
  #38
sully1410
Registered User
 
sully1410's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Turner Valley, Alta.
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,126
vCash: 50
I'd rather they trade Antro, if they were going to trade one of the two. I don't see anyone on the current roster that could replace Hainsey's minutes

Antro would hurt too though, it would take away alot of options, unless we got another top six forward...and allowed Burmi to just center the third line.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Stafford(?)
Tangradi - Burmistrov - Wellwood
Wright - Slater - Miettinen.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:35 AM
  #39
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,754
vCash: 50
Get Drew Stafford from Buffalo. Whatever needs to happen to get it done.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:53 AM
  #40
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Is Joe Morrow good or something?
He's supposedly their top prospect and he was a first round pick who has only improved his value since. Pens fans are pretty mad about it. Granted it's HF boards and prospects are always overrated here, plus they have a ton of PMD prospects. Still, that's a solid return for a player that hasn't aged well and is a pending UFA. They're betting heavily on Brendan Morrow regaining his form in Pittsburgh.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:03 AM
  #41
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 204
Posting what I did in the other thread belongs here....

We trade with Calgary

To Calgary: Alexander Burmistrov, 4th round pick 2013
To Winnipeg: Jerome Iginla

If we are poised for us, third, verse sixth then we need not only leaders but goalscorers. For the record, I like Burmi he is a speedy skater has soft hands (when he wants to anyways), and was looking good for awhile. My only issue with him is he isn't really gelling with any specific line on the team (thought I did like the Kane-Jokinen-Burmistrov combo last night), he seems to be afraid to rush the corner and take the hit, yeah I know he is small.

A player like Iginla is a proven leader and goalscorer which is exactly what we need right now.

Lines would be

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Iginla - Wright
Tangradi - Jokinen - Miettinen
Thorburn - Cormier / Slater (IR) - Antropov

Keep defense the same.

Personally I think Wright is being underutilized, he has looked MUCH better than Wellwood in the games he played in. Wellwood has started to come around a bit though, still very shaky.

First line for obvious reasons. Second line Kane not only needs someone who loves to feed the puck and take assists (Iginla) but also needs a faster skater to jump up with him when he rushes the puck, Wright is much faster than Wellwood. Third line would be a mix of size/strength with decent speed. And fourth would be an all out checking line, Antropov's reach and size is really helpful in our zone.

And yes I'm being serious, I think Iginla would be a huge addition to the team.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
  #42
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 14,363
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Posting what I did in the other thread belongs here....

We trade with Calgary

To Calgary: Alexander Burmistrov, 4th round pick 2013
To Winnipeg: Jerome Iginla

If we are poised for us, third, verse sixth then we need not only leaders but goalscorers. For the record, I like Burmi he is a speedy skater has soft hands (when he wants to anyways), and was looking good for awhile. My only issue with him is he isn't really gelling with any specific line on the team (thought I did like the Kane-Jokinen-Burmistrov combo last night), he seems to be afraid to rush the corner and take the hit, yeah I know he is small.

A player like Iginla is a proven leader and goalscorer which is exactly what we need right now.

Lines would be

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Iginla - Wright
Tangradi - Jokinen - Miettinen
Thorburn - Cormier / Slater (IR) - Antropov

Keep defense the same.

Personally I think Wright is being underutilized, he has looked MUCH better than Wellwood in the games he played in. Wellwood has started to come around a bit though, still very shaky.

First line for obvious reasons. Second line Kane not only needs someone who loves to feed the puck and take assists (Iginla) but also needs a faster skater to jump up with him when he rushes the puck, Wright is much faster than Wellwood. Third line would be a mix of size/strength with decent speed. And fourth would be an all out checking line, Antropov's reach and size is really helpful in our zone.

And yes I'm being serious, I think Iginla would be a huge addition to the team.
Iginla isn't coming to Winnipeg. He will essentially choose where he ends up. Likely Boston or LA. And, by the sounds of it, before the deal is signed and sealed he will sign a 2-year extension.

He also doesn't play center, he plays RW.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:01 AM
  #43
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Posting what I did in the other thread belongs here....

We trade with Calgary

To Calgary: Alexander Burmistrov, 4th round pick 2013
To Winnipeg: Jerome Iginla

If we are poised for us, third, verse sixth then we need not only leaders but goalscorers. For the record, I like Burmi he is a speedy skater has soft hands (when he wants to anyways), and was looking good for awhile. My only issue with him is he isn't really gelling with any specific line on the team (thought I did like the Kane-Jokinen-Burmistrov combo last night), he seems to be afraid to rush the corner and take the hit, yeah I know he is small.

A player like Iginla is a proven leader and goalscorer which is exactly what we need right now.

Lines would be

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Iginla - Wright
Tangradi - Jokinen - Miettinen
Thorburn - Cormier / Slater (IR) - Antropov

Keep defense the same.

Personally I think Wright is being underutilized, he has looked MUCH better than Wellwood in the games he played in. Wellwood has started to come around a bit though, still very shaky.

First line for obvious reasons. Second line Kane not only needs someone who loves to feed the puck and take assists (Iginla) but also needs a faster skater to jump up with him when he rushes the puck, Wright is much faster than Wellwood. Third line would be a mix of size/strength with decent speed. And fourth would be an all out checking line, Antropov's reach and size is really helpful in our zone.

And yes I'm being serious, I think Iginla would be a huge addition to the team.
Winnipeg isn't on his list

Diatidialga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:03 AM
  #44
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Iginla isn't coming to Winnipeg. He will essentially choose where he ends up. Likely Boston or LA. And, by the sounds of it, before the deal is signed and sealed he will sign a 2-year extension.

He also doesn't play center, he plays RW.
I know he plays RW, but he would make a good C. Could throw him with Jokinen and Kane as well, also an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
Winnipeg isn't on his list
It's too bad, he would enjoy playing here.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
  #45
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
For the love of God, please just trade with someone who can provide us with some serviceable linemates for Kane.

I know it's early in the development of this team, but there's literally no point to paying Kane as much money as we're paying him if we're going to throw him on a line with a couple of concrete saddlebags to weigh him down.

Jet Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM
  #46
ajmidd12
Know-It-All
 
ajmidd12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hungover
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
For the love of God, please just trade with someone who can provide us with some serviceable linemates for Kane.

I know it's early in the development of this team, but there's literally no point to paying Kane as much money as we're paying him if we're going to throw him on a line with a couple of concrete saddlebags to weigh him down.
I do agree, prime example last night. Kane rushed the puck at least 7 times with no one on the opposing wing fast enough to keep up. Though he did feed Mittens a sweet pass.

That's why I think Kane-Jokinen-Burmistrov would be a killer line.

ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:18 AM
  #47
Mooche
Registered User
 
Mooche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
I do agree, prime example last night. Kane rushed the puck at least 7 times with no one on the opposing wing fast enough to keep up. Though he did feed Mittens a sweet pass.

That's why I think Kane-Jokinen-Burmistrov would be a killer line.
It is tough to classify any line with Jokinen on it as "killer", at this point.

Mooche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
  #48
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
If Louie Erickson can play RW the Jets should be all over it, he has been a model of consistency band would shore up our 2nd line. Tsn states he might be available.

Would Burmistrov Postma and a 2013 2nd get it done?

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM
  #49
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 14,363
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
If Louie Erickson can play RW the Jets should be all over it, he has been a model of consistency band would shore up our 2nd line. Tan states he might be available.

Would Burmistrov Postma and a 2013 2nd get it done?
He's been a 70 point forward the last 3 years, in his prime and locked up at a AMAZING cap hit of 4.25 and still has 3-4 years remaining on that contract (I believe he's signed to the end of 2016?), therefore I would think if they want to rebuild and demand a "futures deal", Dallas could easily demand top prospect + 1st + maybe even some sort of roster player. If they were to put him on the block now or in the summer, I think he'd return Dallas a stellar package.

Eriksson is a good one, and could bring quite the return, in my opinion.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  #50
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,337
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
If Louie Erickson can play RW the Jets should be all over it, he has been a model of consistency band would shore up our 2nd line. Tsn states he might be available.

Would Burmistrov Postma and a 2013 2nd get it done?
If he was available for that cheap I'd be all over it. They would probably want much much more though.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.