HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Continue on.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:57 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Pitt and Dall swap Morrows after all.

Both add picks.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Like I said before if that's the price for Morrow, I cringe at what Iginla will cost.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Dallas fans must be pissed.

03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
tsanuri

I never believe what Eklund say's but he is right on occasion. Throw enough garbage at the wall it sometimes sticks.
So a big deal from the SE and the West. Ovechkin with his horrible cap hit is almost unmovable except now Washington could eat some of the cap. And say they are willing to take 2.5M for 2-3 years for the cap to go back up. How many teams would take him at 7M, I would argue many if not most teams. And his NTC doesn't go into effect until July 1 2014.
The only other team that has anybody that big in the SE is Tampa Bay. And would they trade the current leading goal scorer? Would think only if they want a riot on their hands.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Dallas fans must be pissed.
Why? They are quite happy.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
damacles1156

I don't think ether team gave up that much.

The Pens gave up a guy that has not set foot in the NHL(and couldn't crack that awful Pens Defense). Dallas gave up a guy that is close to retirement.....

They also swapped some picks.

Whats the big deal ?

Morrow has not played in the playoffs since 07-08....

Old
03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

TG,

The kids who are ready to step in, are they ever going to be given a chance though?

And even if guys like Vey and Pearson are ready or close to being ready, they are not going to impact a series vs. Chicago or Anaheim, the way a guy like Iginla would.

The Kings are in a win now mode, I don't see them letting a guy like Iginla end up on a playoff rival to hold onto some 20 year olds when the entire core is under 30 and signed long term.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Like I said before if that's the price for Morrow, I cringe at what Iginla will cost.

What it's a prospect and a pick for a proven player. And they get a pick back as well. It would be like us trading Jordan Weal for Iginla and a pick going each way. A player that has no NHL experience but might become something.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:13 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
What it's a prospect and a pick for a proven player. And they get a pick back as well. It would be like us trading Jordan Weal for Iginla and a pick going each way. A player that has no NHL experience but might become something.
Exactly what's the Big deal....Wasn't even the Pens best Prospect...

The Pens didn't even give up a roster player.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I am hopeful that the price is so silly that nobody meets it. Ig In La aint gonna happen.

of course I am right less than anyone else so ???

Old
03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Whiskeypete

i pray that DL doesn't make a move for Iggy. the thought of helping to jump start Calgary's rebuild, with LA prospects, picks and now in our division starting next season doesn't sit well with me.

Kings are in win now mode yes, but they won last season without Iginla. they can do it again without him. shoring up the D and adding some nastiness in front of the net is more of concern to me than adding a forward.

i am hoping DL's focus right now is the usual "from the net out" focus he has always had.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
TG,

The kids who are ready to step in, are they ever going to be given a chance though?

And even if guys like Vey and Pearson are ready or close to being ready, they are not going to impact a series vs. Chicago or Anaheim, the way a guy like Iginla would.

The Kings are in a win now mode, I don't see them letting a guy like Iginla end up on a playoff rival to hold onto some 20 year olds when the entire core is under 30 and signed long term.
A win now mode suggests we need to win this season because our window is closing, which is far from the truth. This year was supposed to be the year our championship window opened and it will stay that way for several more years barring injury. If you go all in and fail, you could potentially be mortgaging the future years when you will need prized prospects to replace departing vets (Penner, Scuderi, Mitchell) or step-in for oft injured players (Carter). You can't undervalue how important it is to have contributing players on ELC's on your team.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
funky

I like the Dallas Pitts trade for both teams. I think we will make a medium size move like this. Wishful thinking = I know Ek throws crap at the wall a lot but I could see TB trade Marty and boy would he look nice with Kopitar.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I like the Dallas Pitts trade for both teams. I think we will make a medium size move like this. Wishful thinking = I know Ek throws crap at the wall a lot but I could see TB trade Marty and boy would he look nice with Kopitar.
Marty Saint would look awesome in a Kings jersey.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Marty Saint would look awesome in a Kings jersey.
I just don't like that 5.625M cap hit for 2 more years after this on an over 35 contract.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think this causes Boston to overpay, but CGY would be the real losers if they dont trade him soon because no contender would give up that much for iggy.

We'd Probably lose Toffoli and 2nd.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Trae

vCash: 50
I don't keep up too much with the HF trade proposals, this might have been discussed before, but would you guys have any interest in Giordano? He's struggling a tad bit in Hartley's offensive system but excelled in B.Sutter's defensive system. His brother runs a similar ship and I feel he would do well in LA. Thoughts?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I think this causes Boston to overpay, but CGY would be the real losers if they dont trade him soon because no contender would give up that much for iggy.

We'd Probably lose Toffoli and 2nd.
Doubt it, That wasn't even the Pens best prospect. They gave up very little to land Morrow.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:27 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I just don't like that 5.625M cap hit for 2 more years after this on an over 35 contract.
This year it works. Next year we need to be creative. Sucks but we could always move Williams and Bernier at the draft.

I am on the road. Can anyone tell me worse case scenario can we use 1 of the 2 amnesty buyouts on an over 35 er if we bring a guy in like Marty and his play regresses after next year can we buy his last year out a la Redden?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
A win now mode suggests we need to win this season because our window is closing, which is far from the truth. This year was supposed to be the year our championship window opened and it will stay that way for several more years barring injury. If you go all in and fail, you could potentially be mortgaging the future years when you will need prized prospects to replace departing vets (Penner, Scuderi, Mitchell) or step-in for oft injured players (Carter). You can't undervalue how important it is to have contributing players on ELC's on your team.
But are there going to be spots?

We have already seen once prized prospects lost for nothing because there was no room and/or management/coaches favored veteran players.

What is going to make Pearson, Vey etc. different from Moulson, Moller, Hickey, Loktionov and Halloway who were lost for a total return of a fifth round pick.

Dustin Penner has proven time and time again he can't be counted on to produce in a scoring role here, and while I like TT, it's obvious DS doesn't trust him completely quite yet, and he is 20 years old, his time will come. That leaves a gaping hole on the wing that needs to be fixed. The Kings already made their decision on goaltending going forward when Quick was signed last summer. The Kings have a great trading piece in Bernier and some forwards down on the farm who may never get a real chance, better to move them now while their value is high.

Iginla would fit in perfect here, he has the size to play the style we like to play, he is a natural finisher and he seems like a wonderful veteran who would fit in perfect, Iginla seems much more Willie Mitchell than Rob Blake or Ryan Smyth.

If the Kings can get Iginla for a deal centered around JB and one of the younger guys at MCH they have to consider it strongly.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Why? They are quite happy.
Ah, you mean the fantasy league ones who don't give a crap about making the playoffs this season.

Got it. I saw their thread. Go figure...Dallas does not make the playoffs this season.

Hey, maybe we can beat them in a week now.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
We have snipers down on the farm who are close to ready. It could be argued that TT is ready to start today as one of our top 6 due to his being a sniper. Vey is clearly close to ready to get his first cup of tea and like I said when we drafted him is a lock for a 3rd line center with upside.

I am all for dealing young players prospects and picks to shore up holes if needed or even if we are dealing them to make significant upgrades to our line up as well. I am not down with the idea that simply because a player is established and has been good that we should sell the farm to get them on the team in the hopes that they will absolutely make us better.

In Iggy's case yes, he still has some gas in the tank and is a solid player no doubt but I wouldn't include Vey Toffi or even A Mart in a move to get him unless he was already signed to a 3yr deal.

Same can be said for Morrow etc. There are players out there who are upgrades at a few of our spots but they aren't pending UFA's.

I think that TT and Vey could use a little bit more seasoning but I would rather go with them then deal them for anything short of a significant upgrade over what we already have available and even then only if that was an area of critical need.

Its the Detroit philosophy, keep adding from within and go out and get players only when they are significantly better than what you have.
Very well said.

Old
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Doubt it, That wasn't even the Pens best prospect. They gave up very little to land Morrow.
In long term they did lose. In short term they won.

Old
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Go look on the Stars board. They think differently, creaming all over themselves for a prospect that has not played one second in the NHL.

Gotta love those fantasy league fans.

Closed Thread