HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#31 - 03/24/2013 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Wasn't he the coach with Hasek when they made it to the Stanley Cup? Feel like he does more with his talent than Tortorella.
The key word there is Hasek who put up the greatest goalie seasons of all time under Ruff. Also, Buffalo rode some incredibly talented offenses in the post lockout years that we simply have never had the luxury of having.

03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
The key word there is Hasek who put up the greatest goalie seasons of all time under Ruff. Also, Buffalo rode some incredibly talented offenses in the post lockout years that we simply have never had the luxury of having.
We have Hank who has been nothing short of incredible. Not comparing him to Hasek, but having him is comparable to what Hasek meant for that team.

Also, we don't have those incredible offenses cause we don't have an offensive minded coach. Our coach's system inhibits offensive creativity. Don't know too much about Ruff's but it seems to be that the Sabres always have a dangerous offense and a weaker defense.

Also, the change symbolizes something more than a change of systems. This team seems to do extremely well when energized and seems to lose the majority of their games based on piss poor effort (lack of motivation). I'd hope someone experienced that can gain locker room respect could motivate them enough for half a shortened season more than a coach that it seems the team itself has tuned out.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
I imagine Richards (last years, at least) Gaborik, Nash, Hagelin, Stepan, and Callahan can at least be coached to attempt to duplicate what that offense did.

That being said, IF we're replacing Torts I don't think I want it to be Ruff.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Wasn't he the coach with Hasek when they made it to the Stanley Cup? Feel like he does more with his talent than Tortorella.
and Torts won a cup with Khabibulin in net...whats your point?

Old
03-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
We have Hank who has been nothing short of incredible. Not comparing him to Hasek, but having him is comparable to what Hasek meant for that team.

Also, we don't have those incredible offenses cause we don't have an offensive minded coach. Our coach's system inhibits offensive creativity. Don't know too much about Ruff's but it seems to be that the Sabres always have a dangerous offense and a weaker defense.

Also, the change symbolizes something more than a change of systems. This team seems to do extremely well when energized and seems to lose the majority of their games based on piss poor effort (lack of motivation). I'd hope someone experienced that can gain locker room respect could motivate them enough for half a shortened season more than a coach that it seems the team itself has tuned out.
At its most basic principal, yes Hank does mean to us what Hasek did to them, but Hasek put up two consecutive Hart seasons. No other goalie, let alone Hank has ever done that.

I like Torts, and I still think we can win with him but I too would be open to a coaching change. I don't know how many available coaches are out there but I get this feeling that people are choosing Ruff because they themselves don't know coaches like they do players.

I'm not specifically saying you, just posting a point because I have no idea what the coaching world looks like right now.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
and Torts won a cup with Khabibulin in net...whats your point?
Guess Hasek shouldn't have been the only person I mentioned. The construct to this years team is more similar to that Sabres team than the 2004 Lightning.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I hear that that ovie dude could be differense maker..

Hopefully he's thought about by our D enough not to be a difference maker..

I say we take this one 2-0 with Gabby putting 2 and Richards with 2 assists..

Old
03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
blueshirtbolt

Lgr!! Watching from Ireland tonight

Old
03-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Lundqvist has been playing very awkward the past few games. Figured he's nursing a injury or something and thought Biron would start. Guess not.
If the team would allow him to see the puck once in a while while they do something that is supposed to look like shot blocking, perhaps he wouldn't look as "shaky" (pucks go in without Hank barely reacting to the shot). Vision isn't overrated. Having his D clear the crease and take care of rebounds would also help.

We're 5th in GA/ G in the league and 28th in GF/ G. If we could score more than 1 goal/ game (1,16) in the last 6 games, perhaps fans wouldn't ask of Lundqvist to get a shutout so we can win in regulation. We've played terrible offense and far from perfect defense. There are limits how much you can ask of one guy when it comes to success, regardless how spoilt this team might be when it comes to Lundqvist.

If we can't score, we can't win. If this offense isn't fixed and we by some miracle get into the playoffs, we're toast when other teams tighten down their defense. If we lead after the 1st period, we have a 85% chance of winning. It's pretty clear which part of the game that is the huge problem with this team, because we can never get that lead.

Last edited by Chimp: 03-24-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
At its most basic principal, yes Hank does mean to us what Hasek did to them, but Hasek put up two consecutive Hart seasons. No other goalie, let alone Hank has ever done that.

I like Torts, and I still think we can win with him but I too would be open to a coaching change. I don't know how many available coaches are out there but I get this feeling that people are choosing Ruff because they themselves don't know coaches like they do players.

I'm not specifically saying you, just posting a point because I have no idea what the coaching world looks like right now.
Reason I'm choosing Ruff is for several reasons. 1) He's experienced. 2) He's not a pushover and I think that's essential for a coach in NY. Can't have your players running around getting hammered in NYC nightlife too often. Nah mean? 3) His system seems to fit our roster more than Torts does based on loose observation.

I wish the Ducks coach was still available. He's doing wonders w that team that was having similar problems to what we're experiencing now, before he got there.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Wearing my old Dubinsky tonight. Not wearing anything associated with the current team

Old
03-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
Wearing my old Dubinsky tonight. Not wearing anything associated with the current team
I'm going with a Zibanejad jersey. Summon my inner Nils.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

I think we'll be fine tonight if we just...

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-24-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I think we'll be fine tonight if we just...

I'm not trusting him. Dude's been playing like he eats edibles before every game this season.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

Now, with a job and an alarm clock set at 5:30 I simply won't waste any sleep at this team.

Replay tomorrow..

Old
03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
I'm not trusting him. Dude's been playing like he eats edibles before every game this season.
Yeah, as bad of a feeling as I have about him though I'm still trying to stay as positive as i possibly can that he'll at least show some signs of life soon and maybe step it up just a tad bit to help make a playoff push. Gahh I hope he does. He's got skills, experience, and leadership, and all of those are great for any team to have, unfortunately, with every passing game he makes it harder for me to maintain this positivity.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:06 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Do we really need to discuss trading Gaborik in every thread? Take it to the speculation thread.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Do we really need to discuss trading Gaborik in every thread? Take it to the speculation thread.
It transcends the board. I cut some guy off yesterday and he yelled at me to go **** myself and swap Gaborik for a 1st and Zibanejad.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

lol good Lord...

Lets go Rangers! Can't wait to watch this game, it should be a blast! I got a good feeling about this game! I think we win this one for sure!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
KingP

Quote:
lol good Lord...

Lets go Rangers! Can't wait to watch this game, it should be a blast! I got a good feeling about this game! I think we win this one for sure!
wish i felt this confident

Old
03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Yeah, as bad of a feeling as I have about him though I'm still trying to stay as positive as i possibly can that he'll at least show some signs of life soon and maybe step it up just a tad bit to help make a playoff push. Gahh I hope he does. He's got skills, experience, and leadership, and all of those are great for any team to have, unfortunately, with every passing game he makes it harder for me to maintain this positivity.
I loved the signing, don't understand what's been prohibiting him from playing like he did at the end of last year or when he was with the Stars. He just looks so lost sometimes. And its not all physical either, like how slow he skates. He just makes horrendously boneheaded decisions sometimes which I don't even understand. I thought he was supposed to be experienced enough not to make those plays. Guess not.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
I loved the signing, don't understand what's been prohibiting him from playing like he did at the end of last year or when he was with the Stars. He just looks so lost sometimes. And its not all physical either, like how slow he skates. He just makes horrendously boneheaded decisions sometimes which I don't even understand. I thought he was supposed to be experienced enough not to make those plays. Guess not.
The thing that frustrates me the most is not only with him but Gaborik as well. If they get even a little bit challenged they throw the puck blindly to whoever or wherever. It's like the kid who played football who didn't want to be tackled so when he spotted someone running up to him he tossed the ball willy nilly just to avoid contact.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
shoothepuck

Put Duguay on wing tonight he can score

Old
03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
nevesis

Torts just said it...Newbury brings MOAR JAM!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Newbury NOT playing with Kreider.

Okay.

Closed Thread