HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Pitt just raised the prices on rentals this deadline.
They overpaid for a 35 year old winger who has been struggling recently.

Sellers market.
I'm salivating at this prospect and Gaborik/Richards.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I'm salivating at this prospect and Gaborik/Richards.
We can't deal Richards. We'd get screwed if he retired before the end of the deal. We have to use an amnesty buyout on him.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Marian Gaborik for Brano Gaborik?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
We can't deal Richards. We'd get screwed if he retired before the end of the deal. We have to use an amnesty buyout on him.
Can some one explain this? Why will be still be on the hook for the recapture or whatever it is called if he retires with another team?

03-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Can some one explain this? Why will be still be on the hook for the recapture or whatever it is called if he retires with another team?
that's the new CBA. I think it goes against both teams caps, the one he is traded to and the one that signed him (unless traded before the new CBA) if the contract length is greater than 6 years, I think.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I think this has been overstated. If he does retire early, it'll likely happen years from now under the next CBA, which may or may not offer some relief, and under a much higher cap - and that dead space means a lot less if the limit is say $80MM or $90MM.

Furthermore, you have to consider that risk in the context of the trade. Do I want to risk having 6-7% of my capspace wasted for a couple of years? In a vacuum, no. But, would I be willing to risk 6-7% of dead cap for a couple of years in exchange for a really good haul in a trade? Yeah, I'd be willing to take that risk, especially given the other considerations I mentioned above.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Quote:
all years of existing long-term contracts in excess of five (5) years be counted against a Club’s Cap regardless of whether or where a Player is playing. While such contracts (and Cap charges) can be traded during their terms, in the event a Player subsequently retires or ceases to play, the effective Cap charge would revert to the Club that originally entered into the contract.
For Richards, If he retires in the off season of 2017 before the three $1M annual salary years begin.
Rangers are hit with a $17M cap penalty. $5,666.667 for 3 years.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Knowing how the Rangers have operated this season, Gaborik will score like 7 goals in 3 games leading us to 3 dramatic and pivotal victories and will immediately be traded.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Knowing how the Rangers have operated this season, Gaborik will score like 7 goals in 3 games leading us to 3 dramatic and pivotal victories and will immediately be traded.
or will get traded and score back to back hat tricks for his new team

Old
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 1m
Wouldn't worry about that for next several days. Other moves possible RT @ramjam900: @stevezipay Ideas on who sits now that zuc is back?
As per Zipay, more moves may be on the horizon for the Rangers

Old
03-25-2013, 09:39 AM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Interesting........

Old
03-25-2013, 09:40 AM
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:
Zipay has as many inside sources as my little sister.

EDIT - It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict the Rangers are setting themselves up for moves prior to the deadline.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

More moves coming? Why? This team is perfect !

Old
03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Newbury swapped with Miller...

Maybe trading Boyle?

Or Gaborik. Haha.

03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Hopefully we make some moves to actually try and change something. The last few were akin to Sather moving his office across the hall.

"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Old
03-25-2013, 12:57 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Pens making a move landing D. Murray.

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...36642954387457

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Last edited by HAPPY HOUR: 03-25-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 01:03 PM
NYR Viper

Guys, it really isn't that hard of a concept to grasp. This is thread to discuss actual rumors with sources. Not, I want this for Gaborik, etc.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Edit: Two second round picks....sheesh

Old
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Edit: Two second round picks....sheesh
ummmm and some wonder why the Rangers claimed Hamrlik on waivers and signed Zuccarello

that's a little crazy for a guy some Sharks fans wanted out for nothing

Old
03-25-2013, 02:22 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
ummmm and some wonder why the Rangers claimed Hamrlik on waivers and signed Zuccarello

that's a little crazy for a guy some Sharks fans wanted out for nothing
it really is, considering we were getting ripped on the main boards for seeing what the value for Gabs is.. id hate to trade em, but if values are sky rocketing id try and trade him out west hawks/kings, where ever we can get a lot for him..

i just see this being possible if they are bringing in MZA and possibly Fast, they must think hes ready to go.. trade deadline should be interested..

Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Thumpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I think this has been overstated. If he does retire early, it'll likely happen years from now under the next CBA, which may or may not offer some relief, and under a much higher cap - and that dead space means a lot less if the limit is say $80MM or $90MM.

Furthermore, you have to consider that risk in the context of the trade. Do I want to risk having 6-7% of my capspace wasted for a couple of years? In a vacuum, no. But, would I be willing to risk 6-7% of dead cap for a couple of years in exchange for a really good haul in a trade? Yeah, I'd be willing to take that risk, especially given the other considerations I mentioned above.
The new CBA is good until 2019, where the NHL and NHLPA have the option to terminate it, or continue another two years. Richard's deal goes to 2020. If he is traded this off-season and he retires 2 years early, we're stuck with a 8.5 million cap hit for a player that's retired for at least one guaranteed year, 2 if the CBA isn't terminated or the clause stays in the next one. If he retires 1 year early and the clause stays, it's a 17 million cap hit for him to not play. It gets even worst if he isn't traded this off-season. Sure the cap will go up some but it still runs the risk of using 20% of your capspace on him, which for a cap team like us could ruin things for a very long time. How can you take that risk?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:15 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpz View Post
The new CBA is good until 2019, where the NHL and NHLPA have the option to terminate it, or continue another two years. Richard's deal goes to 2020. If he is traded this off-season and he retires 2 years early, we're stuck with a 8.5 million cap hit for a player that's retired for at least one guaranteed year, 2 if the CBA isn't terminated or the clause stays in the next one. If he retires 1 year early and the clause stays, it's a 17 million cap hit for him to not play. It gets even worst if he isn't traded this off-season. Sure the cap will go up some but it still runs the risk of using 20% of your capspace on him, which for a cap team like us could ruin things for a very long time. How can you take that risk?
I don't see any scenario in which he isn't bought out after next season. I'm hoping it's done this season.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Mats Zuccarello will fly to Ottawa tonight and meet the #NYR there. Rangers scheduled to practice in Philly tomorrow before going to Canada.
Andrew Gross (Twitter) @AGrossRecord

The Zuccarello thread is closed and does not seem to make sense to make a new one.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Vidic15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpz View Post
This is scary. I'm sure their capologists are aware of these numbers but I hope the Rangers don't do something stupid and not amnesty him. We'd be in a cap nightmare if they didn't.

Old
03-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Thumpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
This is scary. I'm sure their capologists are aware of these numbers but I hope the Rangers don't do something stupid and not amnesty him. We'd be in a cap nightmare if they didn't.
Richards could come alive, score at a 2ppg pace for the rest of the season, lead the team to a Stanley Cup this season, have a 100pt campaign and deep into the playoffs next season, and he'd still pretty much be a guaranteed amnesty because of the risk of him retiring early and destroying the team with that cap hit.

Closed Thread