HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Some Other Flame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Getting excited to see what we get for Iginla (so long as Feaster doesn't botch it).
I'm not as worried. Feaster won't be the one running the show here - we all know ownership and King have had their hands in the Flames affairs over the last little while. This is a monumental process for the Flames organization; they're not about to let Feaster do as he pleases. Any deal will involve consultations at the very least from the higher ups.

The biggest concern would be the lack of a genuine hockey mind there. King is a newspaper guy, Edwards a business man, and Feaster a lawyer. Weisbrod and Goulet should hopefully have a lot of influence in what goes on.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
I'm not as worried. Feaster won't be the one running the show here - we all know ownership and King have had their hands in the Flames affairs over the last little while. This is a monumental process for the Flames organization; they're not about to let Feaster do as he pleases. Any deal will involve consultations at the very least from the higher ups.

The biggest concern would be the lack of a genuine hockey mind there. King is a newspaper guy, Edwards a business man, and Feaster a lawyer. Weisbrod and Goulet should hopefully have a lot of influence in what goes on.
Feaster has been silent since the ROR offer sheet. Anybody who has been around the Calgary oil business knows that Edwards doesn't have much patience for screwups (which is ironic given where our organization is at right now). Feaster might be the mouthpiece of the management team but I really do think this will be Weisbrod's call in terms of players.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Iginla is one of my favorite players, i hope he doesn't get traded to the Bruins.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
Feaster has been silent since the ROR offer sheet. Anybody who has been around the Calgary oil business knows that Edwards doesn't have much patience for screwups (which is ironic given where our organization is at right now). Feaster might be the mouthpiece of the management team but I really do think this will be Weisbrod's call in terms of players.
Those were my thoughts as well. Feaster's time as the GM of the Flames is all but over. He'll be the face at the deadline, but I expect shortly after the regular seasons ends, he's let go. And it would be much deserved.

Hopefully Weisbrod goes for the best players offered or that he can get.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
Iginla is one of my favorite players, i hope he doesn't get traded to the Bruins.
The Bruins are an Iginla team. They hit, they fight, they play like Iginla and they will help him win.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:28 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post

Agreed I hope Weisbrod has the final call on any trades this season...

Old
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
Agreed I hope Weisbrod has the final call on any trades this season...
I honestly don't know too much about Weisbrod. Is he a good GM? Or is Feaster just a bad GM?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler View Post
The Bruins are an Iginla team. They hit, they fight, they play like Iginla and they will help him win.
Yup, still hope he doesn't go there! I prefer he stays out west.

Here's hoping LA or CHI offer the better packages for Iggy.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
massey1984

I don't expect him to be traded if the teams he OKed a trade to are Pit, Van, Det, LA, and Bos...

I read somewhere that he doesn't want to be a rental player, he'll probably get a Doan like deal next season ($5m to $5.5m per season over 4 seasons), and the price is going to be way too much...

Pit: Out if Morrow for Morrow deal goes through;
Van: Cap issues...even if/when they trade or amnesty Luongo, they have cap issues;
Det: With or without him, they aren't a serious Cup contender...also have no clue what they have of value that is worth giving up;
LA: They need defense more than offense in the short and long term with the iinjuries and age of Mitchell and Greene;
Bos: They are going to run into cap issues...

Old
03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
last_sd

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419005

Quote:
Sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to: the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings.
DET not on the list YAY!

Old
03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
I honestly don't know too much about Weisbrod. Is he a good GM? Or is Feaster just a bad GM?
Hes the "Assistant General Manager" sound familiar too you?

He is more of a "hockey guy" than Feaster...I dont think either is bad, Feaster is great at the signing and salary management aspect, but he has made some deft trades so far.

I think Weisbrod was brought in to help remedy that issue.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
SEALBound

Can someone explain to me why Pittsburgh is out now that we traded for Morrow?

I THINK we could slot Iginla in somewhere...

Old
03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post

That's what I have been saying.
If PIT thinks this is the year. Might as well go for it all.

BOS might over pay to stop that from happening though

Old
03-24-2013, 06:40 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post

You could but:

1. It will cost you more now, because you overpayed for Morrow, Feaster will want a similar overpayment.

2. I think this was Shero's way of saying "we aren't willing to pay what you are asking for".

Just my take.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
OMA

Quote:
Hes the "Assistant General Manager" sound familiar too you?

He is more of a "hockey guy" than Feaster...I dont think either is bad, Feaster is great at the signing and salary management aspect, but he has made some deft trades so far.

I think Weisbrod was brought in to help remedy that issue.
He was the player personnel guy in Boston that had a hand in building that team according to Chiarelli (who knows if he was just talkign up an old colleague).

There's an interview from last summer with Feaster talking about how he's not a 'hockey guy' and that he tries to lean on Goulet and Weisbrod as much as possible to formulate opinions. Management by committee.

I just think after the ROR fiasco (and especially given how big a trade this is for the franchise) that this stuff will run through Weisbrod and the guys upstairs.

They might still screw this up but I feel better knowing that this isn't going to be a Phaneuf-esque scenario in terms of how the deal is being conducted.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
last_sd

Quote:
You could but:

1. It will cost you more now, because you overpayed for Morrow, Feaster will want a similar overpayment.

2. I think this was Shero's way of saying "we aren't willing to pay what you are asking for".

Just my take.
This also make sense. For CAL sake I hope PIT is interested. CAL fans really deserves a good re-build

Old
03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey1984 View Post
I don't expect him to be traded if the teams he OKed a trade to are Pit, Van, Det, LA, and Bos...

I read somewhere that he doesn't want to be a rental player, he'll probably get a Doan like deal next season ($5m to $5.5m per season over 4 seasons), and the price is going to be way too much...
Do people really think he's going to get five a mil a year going forward? I'm just asking honestly.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA View Post
He was the player personnel guy in Boston that had a hand in building that team according to Chiarelli (who knows if he was just talkign up an old colleague).

There's an interview from last summer with Feaster talking about how he's not a 'hockey guy' and that he tries to lean on Goulet and Weisbrod as much as possible to formulate opinions. Management by committee.

I just think after the ROR fiasco (and especially given how big a trade this is for the franchise) that this stuff will run through Weisbrod and the guys upstairs.

They might still screw this up but I feel better knowing that this isn't going to be a Phaneuf-esque scenario in terms of how the deal is being conducted.
Agreed. Having more than one "head" in on this deal is a good idea, considering how significant it will be for the franchise.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Do people really think he's going to get five a mil a year going forward? I'm just asking honestly.
Somewhere around there, yes.

For reference, Brian Rolston signed a 4yrs/20M deal at the age of 35 from the Devils in a much lower cap. Iginla will easily get ~5M for a two or three year deal.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:51 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
He will still be a 60-70, 30 goal scorer.

5 Million for him is just about right...

Old
03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Iginla is one of the best conditioned players in the NHL. If he sticks to his regimen, he could be very effective when he's older like Selanne.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:

He is more of a "hockey guy" than Feaster...I dont think either is bad, Feaster is great at the signing and salary management aspect,\.
yeah...what's so great if you have to trade a high pick to save salary?

The problem with the Flames is there long before Feaster showed up though. I dont think it can be fixed because that involved getting rid of the people above him as well.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
He will still be a 60-70, 30 goal scorer.

5 Million for him is just about right...
Agreed. It sounds like Nathan Horton territory for me as a Bruins fan. Were it to be a 3 year deal they'd consider I think. I'd rather have Iggy at 5 mil a year for 3 years or four if needs be than have to pay 5.5 or 6 for Nathan Horton for five years. He's been so hot and cold at times they've missed his scoring with the streakiness

Old
03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
That's what I have been saying.
If PIT thinks this is the year. Might as well go for it all.

BOS might over pay to stop that from happening though
True, but Pit isn't going to have much left in the way of defensive prospects if they do trade for Iginla as well. Maatta/Pouliot + 1st would only be a starting point if we're looking at the Morrow trade as a comparison.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
Iginla for Toffoli straight up. Boom.

Closed Thread