HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Define important? He's a role player on a very bad team. You're being a tad fast and loose with the term important.

Skille is what he is. Skates well, tries hard and isn't really a detriment to your team. You can roll him 10-12 minutes a night and nothing bad will happen. Conversely, he's pretty limited offensively, is easily replaced and doesn't really warrant the attention he's recieved since being traded for Frolik.

Kopecky and Goc are of course without question better players. Kopecky on a good team can provide 3rd line scoring whilst Goc is a very very dependable and useful utility player that many teams would like in their bottom six.
Meaning he can step it up. Guys who you know will he responsible on the bottom lines shouldn't be shrugged off. I won't cry if he's not brought back, but there are other players we can move instead.

No matter, Tallon isn't gonna panic.

03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Guess what, if a player doesn't improve this team, he shouldn't be on it. Skille is a fourth liner.

I defend the unreasonable knee jerk attacks on Clemmer. The goal tonight against Markstrom would have received a dozen "Clemmer sucks" posts. Clemmer was extremely valuable to this team last year. His play was crucial for us making the playoffs. Skille? A complete non-factor.
Lmao, you'd make some gm. And again, that was last season, he's been a sive

Old
03-24-2013, 05:30 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Well, I mean, sure. He's certainly not untouchable.
Still though, we have a bunch of players that we should be looking to move.

I just don't see how Skille is a problem on the 4th line. I won't be sad if he leaves, but he's a 4th liner who's young, cheap, and not bad.

The fact he's been more productive with more ice time is a bad thing?
He's not a problem but he's nothing special. Everyone talks about team toughness being a problem. We can replace Skille with someone who is tougher or actually good on the PK. It's like how we've always had these guys who are whatever, mediocre for their role who come here just to collect a paycheck. Frolik is in Chicago and has become a great penalty killer who can move up and provide some offense if there are injuries. Skille doesn't do anything.

It's like when Santorelli got top 6 minutes and scored 20 goals. It's a natural product of more ice time, not a testament of his ability.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Erick

Quote:
He's not a problem but he's nothing special. Everyone talks about team toughness being a problem. We can replace Skille with someone who is tougher or actually good on the PK. It's like how we've always had these guys who are whatever, mediocre for their role who come here just to collect a paycheck. Frolik is in Chicago and has become a great penalty killer who can move up and provide some offense if there are injuries. Skille doesn't do anything.

It's like when Santorelli got top 6 minutes and scored 20 goals. It's a natural product of more ice time, not a testament of his ability.
Being nothing special is pretty much a good way to describe a good percentage of the 4th liners in the NHL.

Instead of replacing Skille, why not have Skille and bring in more tough, tenacious players? That would solve the toughness problem. Is Skille not cheap enough to retain? It's not as if he's projected to receive an overpayment.

He's not Santorelli. Santorelli literally does nothing. If you can't tell the difference, perhaps we're watching different games.

Old
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lmao, you'd make some gm. And again, that was last season, he's been a sive
You're really a blind loyalist. I don't get it.

Old
Laus723
Future Now

Skille does nothing? Oh ok.

And again, spots going to Santo am a couple others...Skille is the lone issue on the PK.

But defend Clem!!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
You're really a blind loyalist. I don't get it.
Yeah, sure. That's why I called out Horton, Lou, Olli, Bouw, and currently call out Kuli.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Skille does nothing? Oh ok.

And again, spots going to Santo am a couple others...Skille is the lone issue on the PK.

But defend Clem!!
I never said he was the lone issue but you can't seem to understand that. He plays the PK and isn't good at it. He's there for a shorthanded threat which is funny because he probably wouldn't score.

Clemmer gets no respect and every goal against him is his fault. People were blaming him for our losses but even with the precious saint of goaltending up here, we still can't win.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I never said he was the lone issue but you can't seem to understand that. He plays the PK and isn't good at it. He's there for a shorthanded threat which is funny because he probably wouldn't score.

Clemmer gets no respect and every goal against him is his fault. People were blaming him for our losses but even with the precious saint of goaltending up here, we still can't win.
Most are Clem's fault!! And the team is decimated by injuries, and Markstrom's young. Talk about blind loyalty.

I understand roles. Skille does his we'll and isn't nearly as bad as you make him out to be.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Meaning he can step it up. Guys who you know will he responsible on the bottom lines shouldn't be shrugged off. I won't cry if he's not brought back, but there are other players we can move instead.

No matter, Tallon isn't gonna panic.
Step it up? To re-iterate, he's a marginal player on an abysmal team. When you go to HFboards > search > Jack Skille, there shouldn't be a discussion on him. It's like discussing variants of lamp shades.

If he stays, so what, if he goes, so what. Defending Jack Skille is like debating how you like your toast. Honestly ....

I imagine if a GM sent a text to Mr Dale Godllon saying "I will invite you to the exclusive golf club in OC if you trade me Jack Skille", his answer would be "Whose Jack Skille, eh, free golf".

The things we debate.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Erick

Quote:
He's there because the team has a bunch of injuries. And he's really not as bad defensively as you make him out to be.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Step it up? To re-iterate, he's a marginal player on an abysmal team. When you go to HFboards > search > Jack Skille, there shouldn't be a discussion on him. It's like discussing variants of lamp shades.

If he stays, so what, if he goes, so what. Defending Jack Skille is like debating how you like your toast. Honestly ....

I imagine if a GM sent a text to Mr Dale Godllon saying "I will invite you to the exclusive golf club in OC if you trade me Jack Skille", his answer would be "Whose Jack Skille, eh, free golf".

The things we debate.
Tallon drafted Skille, don't be obnoxious. He's a good role player, they're important, though, you always **** on those guys.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
He's there because the team has a bunch of injuries. And he's really not as bad defensively as you make him out to be.
Yeah, so he doesn't even really kill penalties which makes him even less valuable.

He's not that good. I'd like my bottom 6 to be reliable defensively like Goc, Kopecky, Bergie. Skille is average at best.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yeah, so he doesn't even really kill penalties which makes him even less valuable.

He's not that good. I'd like my bottom 6 to be reliable defensively like Goc, Kopecky, Bergie. Skille is average at best.
You'd take Santo or Parros out there over Skille? There's tons of guys, he's good at his role and not someone you worry about when out there. I like that in 4th liners.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Erick

Quote:

Not every bottom-6 player has to kill penalties though.
We have enough PK forwards when healthy. It's not really an issue.

And, again, is Skille really a liability defensively, at this point? He's basically been a + player all year on a team that absolutely sucks.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
You'd take Santo or Parros out there over Skille?
Um, no? I'd get rid of them too. Although, I'm sure you were thrilled we signed Parros.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Tallon drafted Skille, don't be obnoxious. He's a good role player, they're important, though, you always **** on those guys.
HAHAH should i call you Captain literal? I am aware where, how and whom drafted Skille.

**** on those guys? As if to say i haven't just said Goc and Kopecky would be good role players on good teams?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Not every bottom-6 player has to kill penalties though.
We have enough PK forwards when healthy. It's not really an issue.

And, again, is Skille really a liability defensively, at this point? He's basically been a + player all year on a team that absolutely sucks.
But our PK sucks even with those healthy forwards.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Um, no? I'd get rid of them too. Although, I'm sure you were thrilled we signed Parros.
Don't try to take a lame shot at me, boy-o. I was fine with it, not overly thrilled, and much rather move him for Orr. Don't bark up the fighter tree, you'll lose that all day long. I knew what Parros was, he's even less than that.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
HAHAH should i call you Captain literal? I am aware where, how and whom drafted Skille.

**** on those guys? As if to say i haven't just said Goc and Kopecky would be good role players on good teams?
Don't be obnoxious, I know it's hard. You rarely talk well of bottom line guys.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Don't remember it sucking last year.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:49 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Don't remember it sucking last year.
LOL, we were 25th overall at 79.5%!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Erick

Quote:
Yet they're being called good role players on here. Weird.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Don't be obnoxious, I know it's hard. You rarely talk well of bottom line guys.
At the risk of repeating yourself .... wait, wait, i mean at the risk of repeating myself ;

"
Kopecky and Goc are of course without question better players. Kopecky on a good team can provide 3rd line scoring whilst Goc is a very very dependable and useful utility player that many teams would like in their bottom six."

I believe the above contradicts this idea that i don't see the merit of bottom six players.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
LOL, we were 25th overall at 79.5%!
Said I don't remember, didn't say we weren't. Had a strong PP and some games clearly got away. Few times with your boy in net.

Closed Thread