HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I don't keep up too much with the HF trade proposals, this might have been discussed before, but would you guys have any interest in Giordano? He's struggling a tad bit in Hartley's offensive system but excelled in B.Sutter's defensive system. His brother runs a similar ship and I feel he would do well in LA. Thoughts?
I am sure Lombardi would like Giordano at the right price.

But Lombardi is pretty calculated, hard to read him. Also the Kings have played pretty well even with the injuries.

Lombardi may just stay pat.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I just don't like that 5.625M cap hit for 2 more years after this on an over 35 contract.
Every year everyone keeps thinking Marty will regress but it just doesnt happen. He'd be a great addition. Maybe the best passer in the league, his vision is unbelievable.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Go look on the Stars board. They think differently, creaming all over themselves for a prospect that has not played one second in the NHL.

Gotta love those fantasy league fans.
Morrow couldn't even crack that awful Pens Defense....I know the kid was recently drafted. But if he is as skilled as people are saying, that is a red flag too me.

Joe Morrow was also struggling this year on his AHL team.

So the Pens gave up a B type prospect plus a 5th ? For a proven NHL player close to retirement + a 3rd.

What's all the hub bub about ?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
This year it works. Next year we need to be creative. Sucks but we could always move Williams and Bernier at the draft.

I am on the road. Can anyone tell me worse case scenario can we use 1 of the 2 amnesty buyouts on an over 35 er if we bring a guy in like Marty and his play regresses after next year can we buy his last year out a la Redden?
Here would be the buy out after next year.

2014-15: $2,291,667
2015-16: $1,666,667

And this would be it if we really took it as a rental and did it this year.

2013-14: $1,041,667
2014-15: $2,541,667
2015-16: $1,916,667
2016-17: $1,916,667

Old
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I never believe what Eklund say's but he is right on occasion. Throw enough garbage at the wall it sometimes sticks.
So a big deal from the SE and the West. Ovechkin with his horrible cap hit is almost unmovable except now Washington could eat some of the cap. And say they are willing to take 2.5M for 2-3 years for the cap to go back up. How many teams would take him at 7M, I would argue many if not most teams. And his NTC doesn't go into effect until July 1 2014.
The only other team that has anybody that big in the SE is Tampa Bay. And would they trade the current leading goal scorer? Would think only if they want a riot on their hands.
Kulikov from the Planters maybe? Not a Vet but keep hearing they might be open to trade him.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Go look on the Stars board. They think differently, creaming all over themselves for a prospect that has not played one second in the NHL.

Dallas fans have been highly displeased with Morrow's play the last two years.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

The Stars were not winning anything this year, their management and their fans know it. Trading a vet with declining production for a piece who could be important to their future should be something they are excited about

Old
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Dallas fans must be pissed.
Why, GM Joe basically pulled the same move that Dean did several years back in dealing Norstrom? Dallas considering the reality of their situation (not being cup contenders, and nothing more than first round fodder) won this deal hands down.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Why, GM Joe basically pulled the same move that Dean did several years back in dealing Norstrom? Dallas considering the reality of their situation (not being cup contenders, and nothing more than first round fodder) won this deal hands down.
Nether team won really it's a nothing trade. Pitt is the K=mart of Defensive prospects, you need one you go shopping in Pitt.

B. Morrow is close to retirement, and hasn't played in the playoff's since 07-08.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
The Stars were not winning anything this year, their management and their fans know it. Trading a vet with declining production for a piece who could be important to their future should be something they are excited about
****, if they played the Kings every game they would've won the Stanley Cup.

I've seen that team twice this season. They should be charged with a crime the way they stole that game from the Kings last Thursday.

All I know is what I see, and what I see is Jagr kicking the Kings ass, and the Stars currently holding down the 8th spot in the West. And we all know what the 8th spot in the West means.

03-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Stars are nowhere near what the Kings were last season. The only thing they have comparable is an elite goaltender.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
I'm expecting a move. Not sure what it'll be, but I'm expecting one. Very satisfying knowing Dean is our GM. He's so calculated, it's awesome.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:57 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

I've seen that team twice this season. They should be charged with a crime the way they stole that game from the Kings last Thursday.

All I know is what I see, and what I see is Jagr kicking the Kings ass, and the Stars currently holding down the 8th spot in the West. And we all know what the 8th spot in the West means.
If the Stars are holding it down, the 8th spot in the West doesn't mean jack.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
If the Stars are holding it down, the 8th spot in the West doesn't mean jack.
Do you think San Josť will be able to catch them?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:00 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

We were an 8 seed because we struggled under an archaic system for most of last season, our roster was much better than that. The Stars are a bunch of guys ready to collect social security, two fantastic forwards to build around, and an awful defense.

As for them beating the Kings, Colorado owned us last year. That doesn't change the fact that they are not ready to compete, just like Dallas

Old
ElKingsFan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I'm expecting a move. Not sure what it'll be, but I'm expecting one. Very satisfying knowing Dean is our GM. He's so calculated, it's awesome.
*Patiently waiting to confirm a Jarome Iginla Kings jersey order*

Old
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I don't think ether team gave up that much.

The Pens gave up a guy that has not set foot in the NHL(and couldn't crack that awful Pens Defense). Dallas gave up a guy that is close to retirement.....

They also swapped some picks.

Whats the big deal ?

Morrow has not played in the playoffs since 07-08....
Donno, Pens fans aren't happy about the deal at all, even though it's only fans and they're not the GM's they kept saying he was untouchable unless a top flight player was coming, though they still had a ton of good defenseman in Pouliot, Despres, Bortuzzo, Maata and Harrington.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

Quote:
Yes and be bumped first round.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
I don't think it matters, because both those teams are in decline and not on the rise. At least the Dallas GM FINALLY understood his situation and did something to perhaps improve his team in the future.

Hell, Columbus might sneak in there.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

Quote:
Knowing Jay Feaster he probably asked for Crosby or Malkin in return for Iginla. #Delusional #Penguins

Old
03-24-2013, 06:04 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
I don't think it matters, because both those teams are in decline and not on the rise. At least the Dallas GM FINALLY understood his situation and did something to perhaps improve his team in the future.

Hell, Columbus might sneak in there.
That's the one I would be looking at and you can't count Nashville out. They have a very good culture in that organization.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:05 PM
SFKingshomer

If we trade Bernier then who do we get to back up Quick? Ben Bishop once Anderson returns?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:08 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
If we trade Bernier then who do we get to back up Quick? Ben Bishop once Anderson returns?
You've got to think that DL has already talked with someone and has a deal in principal for a vet backup worked out if that right deal for Bernier comes around.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:09 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I never believe what Eklund say's but he is right on occasion. Throw enough garbage at the wall it sometimes sticks.
So a big deal from the SE and the West. Ovechkin with his horrible cap hit is almost unmovable except now Washington could eat some of the cap. And say they are willing to take 2.5M for 2-3 years for the cap to go back up. How many teams would take him at 7M, I would argue many if not most teams. And his NTC doesn't go into effect until July 1 2014.
The only other team that has anybody that big in the SE is Tampa Bay. And would they trade the current leading goal scorer? Would think only if they want a riot on their hands.
True...and I can't even imagine what TB would get back. He doesn't fit into all of Ek's clues but what about Evander Kane?

Old
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
TG,

The kids who are ready to step in, are they ever going to be given a chance though?

And even if guys like Vey and Pearson are ready or close to being ready, they are not going to impact a series vs. Chicago or Anaheim, the way a guy like Iginla would.

The Kings are in a win now mode, I don't see them letting a guy like Iginla end up on a playoff rival to hold onto some 20 year olds when the entire core is under 30 and signed long term.
There is the ultimate question Herby and if I had the answer(s) I would be on a path to mgmt rather than running around watching kids play hockey.

We both know I am a cockeyed optimist about the team and I called our cup last year during 2011's playoffs (though it was more of an educated guess than anything else) and while I give us a very good shot to get into the playoffs and do some damage I am not as certain of our team this season as I was last season.

I have looked at us from every angle and talked with several NHL hockey people about it and everyone says the same thing, we need to get MG and WM back to have a shot this year.

Adding Iggy would be great during the offseason but I am not sold on adding him at a high price today. If this were last year then I agree, deal a top prospect and a high pick no problem but unless we get those two or even MG back I don't see Iggy making enough of a difference and therefor don't see any reason to give up much to get him.

If Cal can do a sign and trade then sure but with Iggy not willing to say that he will commit to the team he is dealt to his value to me isn't there.

Now I believe that MG is close and WM goes back and forth at least there is allot of movement going on with him and he isn't just sitting around waiting to heal any longer so he could be back for the playoffs if we are lucky.

There is my problem, Iggy is a ufa and isn't the key missing piece to our winning the cup this year unless we get MG and or WM back so I wouldn't give up anyone of our key prospects for him.

Now that doesn't mean that I wouldn't move a key prospect/high pick for a better option than Iggy to our top 6 but a pending ufa at 36yo doesn't warrant such a move.

As to will our kids get their shot(s) with us you are right, it is questionable.

DL is a timeline guy and I believe that Vey is Stolls replacement and that is when DL sees him coming in. TT is JW's replacement and at the of JW's deal TT would step into his spot. In a perfect world both of these kids are a year away from full time NHL duty. That said TT and Vey can both add allot to our current roster but not as much as they will be able to next season or even another after that.

So if we move say Voynov and JB along with one of our kids to get an Ovi type player (not making a proposal, just saying) then I would have to think hard about it. Not saying it would be good value or that Ovi is the perfect fit but he would be a legitimate upgrade to our top 6 so I would have to consider it as worthwhile.

Meh, I am rambling and hope there is at least one cohesive thought in there. I'll try again later after I get some sleep.

Closed Thread