HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
J. Morrow and 5th for B. Morrow and 3rd...

Pens board might be going crazy.
It is a sight to behold, actually, and the other shoe hasn't dropped yet i terms of who he is replacing.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Capsman

I have no desire whatsoever to sell my house. I like my neighborhood, my kids are happy in their schools, etc. But if someone came to me and offered me double its appraised value, the school in the next town will do. The issue is not whether or not to trade Ribeiro, or at least it shouldn't be. The issue should be what return value is worth the risk to a playoff and SC run this season. For the right price, hell yeah I make the trade. If GMGM is smart, win tonight or not, he should be listening to offers.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:33 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
It is a sight to behold, actually, and the other shoe hasn't dropped yet i terms of who he is replacing.
What shoe is there to drop? The Pens F depth was abysmal.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Many seems to be coveting their nuts more than GMGM.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:52 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
I have no desire whatsoever to sell my house. I like my neighborhood, my kids are happy in their schools, etc. But if someone came to me and offered me double its appraised value, the school in the next town will do. The issue is not whether or not to trade Ribeiro, or at least it shouldn't be. The issue should be what return value is worth the risk to a playoff and SC run this season. For the right price, hell yeah I make the trade. If GMGM is smart, win tonight or not, he should be listening to offers.
There is no playoff or cup run this season, or next season.

This is a bad team, two wins in Winnipeg doesn't change that.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
that is awful, youve actually made our team worse. the fact that you think morow is a top six forward is hilarious, not to mention giving up MAJO for robyn ****ing regher, jesus
ummmm

Ray Shero obviously disagrees with you, considering B Morrow just got top prospect J Morrow.

Way to over rate your own players. Sheesh.

Newsflash: Robin Regehr is better today than most of our defensemen not named Green, and perhaps Alzner.

But keep on hating, bud, it suits you.

That said,

Fire George

Old
03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Morrow is not a top 6 F. If Shero is expecting that, he's wrong. Then again, they could put a wooden post on Malkin's line and it would score enough, so Shero probably isn't worried about that.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Jagr and Talbot, huh? How about coaxing Pat Lafontaine out of retirement and replacing Tim Hunter with Randy Cunneyworth?
Right. Caps have so much positive vet influence as it is. Would be a huge mistake to add a proven playoff performer (and Cup winner) in Talbot and a leader and captain in Brendan Morrow. We already have that in spades in Chimera and our prospects. For sure!

Great point about LaFontaine and Hunter/Cunneyworth. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself, well done bud. Terrific!!

That said,

Fire George

Old
03-24-2013, 07:35 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Unless I missed it, disappointed that Joe B hasn't referenced the Dallas/Pittsburgh trade and of course the no relation observation.

I suppose Shero's hoping for a Billy Guerin type impact from Brendan Morrow.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:07 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Shero only gave up a 3rd for Guerin though

Old
03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Nobody thought Guerin was a top 6 forward anymore either. Assuming healthy, I like the pickup for the Pens.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:37 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Trading Ribeiro doesn't guarantee NOT making the playoffs... especially if we combine it with some hockey trade that'd actually make our offense better for longer than the next few months.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:39 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
ummmm

Ray Shero obviously disagrees with you, considering B Morrow just got top prospect J Morrow.

Way to over rate your own players. Sheesh.

Newsflash: Robin Regehr is better today than most of our defensemen not named Green, and perhaps Alzner.

But keep on hating, bud, it suits you.

That said,

Fire George
shero overpaid idiot, go over to the pens board and see how they feel.

also regher isnt the player he used to be, he'd be our 5th best defensemen, maybe if you actually watched hockey you would know this

Old
03-25-2013, 01:10 AM
msrulo

Quote:

also regher isnt the player he used to be, he'd be our 5th best defensemen, maybe if you actually watched hockey you would know this
I think Shero underpaid if anything.

Look at B Morrow's shooting percentage.

James Neal or Chris Kunitz didn't become beasts out of nowhere.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:56 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Overrating prospects on this forum is just catastrophic Pens made a hell of a deal, especially considering that any player wants to play with their centers. Wish we acquired some good veteran for, say Grubauer+.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Ok so I know you guys hate this guy... But that hockeyinsider guy reported that the Caps and Sharks were talking about a mega deal involving OV. Eklund also reported yesterday evening that a team from the West and the Southeast were talking about a humongous deal.

Probably nothing, but its interesting to say the least.

I know he's looked great the past few games but, lets just say this is true, if we could get something like Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, 1st for OV, Chimera/Ward I'd probably do it.

It's 99% not gonna happen but still...

Last edited by caps4cup: 03-25-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 08:48 AM
BobRouse

Quote:

Hey now! Easy there ..remember we're all Caps fans here

You are right tho. Morrow is absolutely washed up and I used to love the guy and how he played. The Pens gave up far too much if that was their best D prospect. In fact they giving up anything pretty much ensured they gave up too much. I watched a few games of Morrow these last couple years and talk about falling off a cliff. Reminds me of when we got Scott Walker. Great warrior but was out of gas when he got here.

Regher is in the same boat. I like our D and once we get Erskine back in for Hillen (who hasn't been bad himself) I would not see room for Regher in the top 6 at this stage of his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Ok so I know you guys hate this guy... But that hockeyinsider guy reported that the Caps and Sharks were talking about a mega deal involving OV. Eklund also reported yesterday evening that a team from the West and the Southeast were talking about a humongous deal.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"

Old
03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Capsman

Quote:

I know he's looked great the past few games but, lets just say this is true, if we could get something like Pavelski, Couture, 1st for OV I'd probably do it.

The way OV is playing now that would be beyond stupid. Ted wouldn't allow it, he likes his money.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:52 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
The way OV is playing now that would be beyond stupid. Ted wouldn't allow it, he likes his money.
Yeah I'm more surprised that this would even be out there (not saying its true) when he's been playing really well, than anything

Old
03-25-2013, 08:55 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:

Even if theoretically we imagine that Ovi could be traded, they've got nobody out there who could be interesting.

We don't want guys who will walk for nothing this or next year. They have seven guys who are under contract through 2015 or later: Havlat, Burish, Burns, Stuart, Vlasic, Braun, Niemi. Some of these guys are overpaid and four of them have contracts expiring in 2015. Not exactly 'let's trade our superstar for them' material.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:00 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:

I know he's looked great the past few games but, lets just say this is true, if we could get something like Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, 1st for OV, Chimera/Ward I'd probably do it.

You'd do that trade? That's crazy. I'm a big fan of Couture and Pavelski, but neither's ever broken 70 points in a season. Clowe has virtually no value right now, and a mid-late first doesn't begin to make up the difference. Typically when you give up the best player in a trade, and it's not a rebuild, you're the loser of that trade.

For all Ovechkin is bashed, he's now tied for 6th in the league in goals, is top-20 in points, and draws the top defensive matchups every night. If he goes, the rest of the scoring dries up as well. You think 21-9-20 produces drawing all the defensive attention?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:49 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
You'd do that trade? That's crazy. I'm a big fan of Couture and Pavelski, but neither's ever broken 70 points in a season. Clowe has virtually no value right now, and a mid-late first doesn't begin to make up the difference. Typically when you give up the best player in a trade, and it's not a rebuild, you're the loser of that trade.

For all Ovechkin is bashed, he's now tied for 6th in the league in goals, is top-20 in points, and draws the top defensive matchups every night. If he goes, the rest of the scoring dries up as well. You think 21-9-20 produces drawing all the defensive attention?
Ok I'm not positive I'd do it but theoretically this looks pretty good:

Johansson-Backstrom-Pavelski
Couture-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Perreault-Clowe
Chimera-Beagle-Hendricks

I'm not saying I want him traded though, because I don't.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:02 AM
CrashTheNet9

Aren't both of them centers or do they play on the wings?

Old
03-25-2013, 11:01 AM
msrulo

Does Clowe need glasses?
I like his puck possession game but I think he's terrible at shooting the puck.
Maybe he will have a bounce back season.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
There is no playoff or cup run this season, or next season.

This is a bad team, two wins in Winnipeg doesn't change that.
what is your threshold to backing off that position?

caps look like a playoff team to me.

Closed Thread