HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bring Giordano home

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 01:43 AM
  #1
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,848
vCash: 500
Bring Giordano home

The Flames are clearly in a rebuild and the Leafs are looking for a partner for Phaneuf so Flames fans lets work together and bring Giordano home to play for his hometown team

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:23 AM
  #2
bWo*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 130
Considering past deals between the two i see it as gio to the leafs for Colton Orr and 3 pucks

bWo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:26 AM
  #3
HighLifeMan
Registered User
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,353
vCash: 500
Start with a 1st round pick or Matt Finn.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:38 AM
  #4
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
The Flames are clearly in a rebuild and the Leafs are looking for a partner for Phaneuf so Flames fans lets work together and bring Giordano home to play for his hometown team
I agree guys bring our guys home. They have been away for far too long. ITs cold and its windy. Winning the battles but losing the war time and again. Do it for your country. Giordanos family left Italy for a better life in Canada and he has paid his dues. He is a true patriot and deserves to be with his family. His family needs him more than his brothers in arms.
What will it take to get him back in the town he knows, loves and cherishes?

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:42 AM
  #5
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Start with a 1st round pick or Matt Finn.
Finn is alot to give up. He has been playing great as of late and all indications are that he was a second round steal. Right now he would be worth a first. Despite his expected NHL success with the ceiling as a top pair D man I still make this deal. Giordano loves Toronto and Toronto loves him. We're coming for you Gio.
Bring him home.
Now!

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:14 AM
  #6
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Ugh, we should never make another trade with the Leafs again. Even if you guys gave us 5 1sts we'd still wind up losing the deal somehow.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:40 AM
  #7
Drew311
National Treasure
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,891
vCash: 500
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:42 AM
  #8
King In The North
Sean Bennett
 
King In The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I agree guys bring our guys home. They have been away for far too long. ITs cold and its windy. Winning the battles but losing the war time and again. Do it for your country. Giordanos family left Italy for a better life in Canada and he has paid his dues. He is a true patriot and deserves to be with his family. His family needs him more than his brothers in arms.
What will it take to get him back in the town he knows, loves and cherishes?
What did I just read...

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:25 AM
  #9
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장
 
Brock Radunske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,720
vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by bWo View Post
Considering past deals between the two i see it as gio to the leafs for Colton Orr and 3 pucks
Kostka and TWO pucks. Take it or leave it.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:29 AM
  #10
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장
 
Brock Radunske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,720
vCash: 742
I'd like to make a play for Gio. I wouldn't give a 2013 1st though...maybe Finn. I dunno.
One issue with taking a guy like Gio on would be that our top pairing would have a 10.5 million a year cap-hit.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:41 AM
  #11
Goodlad
Registered User
 
Goodlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 732
vCash: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.
Finn was rumored to be one of the three players Feaster/Weisbrod were very interested in at the draft (the other two being Jankowski and Sieloff) so I'm sure something like that would peak their interest.

Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:44 AM
  #12
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,601
vCash: 500
Joe Colborne (Calgary Hometown boy) + Carter Ashton+4th

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  #13
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장
 
Brock Radunske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,720
vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Joe Colborne (Calgary Hometown boy) + Carter Ashton+4th
I'm sure if you changed him to a defensive prospect they'd be more willing...but even then, I'm not sure. I think Gio's fate is tied to J-bo's. Can't move them both.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:52 AM
  #14
Stryker Island
Registered User
 
Stryker Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
The Flames are already at max contracts, if they're going to make a move with Gio, it's either gotta be a one for one, or draft picks.

I don't believe the Leafs are willing to part with their 1st, so I would do Gio for a 2nd + 3rd.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:56 AM
  #15
Rasmus Reichel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Finn is alot to give up. He has been playing great as of late and all indications are that he was a second round steal. Right now he would be worth a first. Despite his expected NHL success with the ceiling as a top pair D man I still make this deal. Giordano loves Toronto and Toronto loves him. We're coming for you Gio.
Bring him home.
Now!
IIRC finn was projected to go late 1st in many mock drafts and slipped similar to grigorenko, good pick for the leafs

Rasmus Reichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
  #16
Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
The Flames are already at max contracts, if they're going to make a move with Gio, it's either gotta be a one for one, or draft picks.

I don't believe the Leafs are willing to part with their 1st, so I would do Gio for a 2nd + 3rd.
I would keep Gio at that price

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:26 AM
  #17
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장
 
Brock Radunske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,720
vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
I would keep Gio at that price
I figured. I don't think the Flames and Leafs are good trading partners because the Flames need futures for a rebuild and the Leafs aren't far enough along to start giving up youth.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
  #18
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
I figured. I don't think the Flames and Leafs are good trading partners because the Flames need futures for a rebuild and the Leafs aren't far enough along to start giving up youth.
hat depends 1sts? no but there is enough depth in the system to make this move without hurting our future in my opinion

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
  #19
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,371
vCash: 81
Finn + 2nd or 1st + ???

Would be about fair I think..

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
  #20
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy
 
Mystifo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: YYT
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.
My thoughts exactly. Also Gio would give us that top pairing D man we want.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
  #21
Doobie Dubois
Registered User
 
Doobie Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
It would hurt to give up Finn, but I would do Finn + 2nd for Giordano.
Calgary could do better than that.

Doobie Dubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:29 PM
  #22
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,822
vCash: 500
Giordano woulde be worth it even if Finn/PERCY ARE the pieces

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
  #23
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
I'm sure if you changed him to a defensive prospect they'd be more willing...but even then, I'm not sure. I think Gio's fate is tied to J-bo's. Can't move them both.
Colborne and Blacker?

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
  #24
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,570
vCash: 50
1st + Ashton/Holzer + Colborne? Both Ashton/Holzer and Colborne are expendable and both could fit in on Calgary.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
  #25
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Finn + 2nd or 1st + ???

Would be about fair I think..
Leafs have to start keeping their 1st rd picks unless they are getting back impact type players. Giordano is a nice player to have but I would rather keep the first rounder. The Leafs are not winning the Cup this year or next or the year after that so why not continue to build a true winner.

As for Matt Finn, he has become a pretty solid prospect in our organization and I would like to see how he progresses. He may be a Giordano type player in 2-3 years.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.