HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 12

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 12:43 PM
AtlasRust

vCash: 500
Whats the deal with UT cards, and their value on the market? How much more are people willing to pay? Do you value UT cards as opposed to players who've played games, and have already accrued stats?

I have a UT Hossa and SOTW Ladd. Is it unreasonable to want 5-10k more?

Old
03-24-2013, 12:58 PM
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRust View Post
Whats the deal with UT cards, and their value on the market? How much more are people willing to pay? Do you value UT cards as opposed to players who've played games, and have already accrued stats?

Usually UT adds 5-10% to the value.

Most people don't care. I go for UT, but if it's the difference of saving 5k+ I'll always take the deal over GP. I write down stats if the card isn't UT, so I always know what I got with any specific player.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:00 PM
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years

Just saw a 99 Crosby go for 750k BIN....

Old
03-24-2013, 01:19 PM
TAZ1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheTrap View Post
Toews has been over 100k for months. One of the best faceoff takers in the game. Worth being elite price IMHO.
But theyve been selling for 90-110k not 130-150k these people are so greedy.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:23 PM
TAZ1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRust View Post

I will pay more for unused when going for a big name player so that when i look at player stats i have an accurate list to go off of and know whose doing good

Old
03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
TAZ1521

If anyones has a J Quick i'm willing to trade Price and more if you want to work something out on PS3 PSN: TAZ1521

Old
03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
AznNinja100*
HFTML - Colorado

Trading a Marian Gaborik for Jonathan Toews, on Xbox.
Message me on Xbox and we can work around a trade.

GT: AznNinja100

Old
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
hockeydude1928

Anybody here have giroux that they want to trade? On ps3

Old
03-24-2013, 02:32 PM
MatshasmagicMitts

can't wait for the inevitable kadri sotw

Old
03-24-2013, 02:51 PM
ImScore71

I have a bunch of cards up for sale/trade on Xbox, PM if interested.

SOTW Paul Martin
SOTW Taylor Hall
SOTW Henrik Zetterberg
SOTW Dion Phaneuf
SOTW Roberto Luongo
SOTW Shea Weber
SOTW Brent Burns
SOTW Marc-Andre Fleury
SOTW Dustin Brown

Old
03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

I have a Giroux and SOTW Lecavalier on Xbox that id be willing to trade. PM me, reply, or msg me on xbox if interested.

GT: Jacob8hockey

Old
03-24-2013, 03:11 PM
ki11joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
EA really took a major **** on this game mode. Double pucks are cool because they really help fuel the economy by pumping a lot of pucks into the market, but the promo packs every ****ing weekend then go and kill it by taking the value out of the vast majority of cards in the game.

It just sucks that you have access to all these different players from all these different leagues, but the only players any gives a **** about are NHL superstars. Everyone has the exact same players on their team or damn close to it. It sucks.

I also hate the lack of salary cap, the lack of career duration, and the lack of permanent training cards. PArt of the fun of last year's HUT was building a cap-compliant team with highly trained players on their "ELCs" to really make dominant teams. Now it's just grab as many superstars as you can and stuff them anywhere you want.

It's just flat out boring.

I do like the change team card, captain and alternate cards, and position changes. TOTW is pretty cool too. Every other change is meh at best.
Agreed, HUT has devolved into an arms race to grab the same NHL superstars and score the same 2 or 3 goals every game (the backhand-forehand move, D-man slapshot off a face off, or top of the circle wrist shot with a 90+ shooting player that goalies can never stop). And because everyone rolls four lines full of superstars, playing actual hockey is more difficult and you're forced to use the same cheeky exploits just to keep up. Games have become boring and predictable.

Just for the hell of it, I started playing regular online versus play and it's completely different. I still see the occasional backhand-forehand move that exploits the dumb goalie AI, but the games are more varied and fun to play. And because no one has a roster full of 90+ overall players, you can actually try different stuff like cycling plays and dump-and-chase, which you'll almost have to with your 4th line. I managed to get a 10 game winning streak one time from strong puck possession and cycles that opened up all sorts of plays I'd never get in HUT.

The idea of HUT appealed to me as a sort of Be a GM-lite without having to deal with all of the complexity. It's unfortunate that NHL 13 simplified it too far.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Mav3rick07
Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov

Why is Double Pucks over ? I thought it usually ended on Monday. I was looking forward to picking up alot of pucks today ! ugh

Old
03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11joy View Post
Agreed, HUT has devolved into an arms race to grab the same NHL superstars and score the same 2 or 3 goals every game (the backhand-forehand move, D-man slapshot off a face off, or top of the circle wrist shot with a 90+ shooting player that goalies can never stop). And because everyone rolls four lines full of superstars, playing actual hockey is more difficult and you're forced to use the same cheeky exploits just to keep up. Games have become boring and predictable.

Just for the hell of it, I started playing regular online versus play and it's completely different. I still see the occasional backhand-forehand move that exploits the dumb goalie AI, but the games are more varied and fun to play. And because no one has a roster full of 90+ overall players, you can actually try different stuff like cycling plays and dump-and-chase, which you'll almost have to with your 4th line. I managed to get a 10 game winning streak one time from strong puck possession and cycles that opened up all sorts of plays I'd never get in HUT.

The idea of HUT appealed to me as a sort of Be a GM-lite without having to deal with all of the complexity. It's unfortunate that NHL 13 simplified it too far.
I feel like most of the problem you're talking about could be helped by improving the quality of the tournaments in the game, or finding another way to draw people to play the online ones. Its one of the things I like about the team-specific tournaments, you gotta usually dress a real 4th line and 3rd d-pair, unfortunately finding a match in tournaments this year is brutal as far as I've found.

I love playing teams who have themes, I'm working on theming my second line now, as I have team Canada's nash-toews-Richards, and the oilers kid line, then I'm gonna try to theme my 4th line and my d pairs similarly, makes team building more fun at least.

I wish there was a third decent forward wearing number 4 so I could put them with lecavalier and hall

Old
03-24-2013, 06:45 PM
ki11joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
I feel like most of the problem you're talking about could be helped by improving the quality of the tournaments in the game, or finding another way to draw people to play the online ones. Its one of the things I like about the team-specific tournaments, you gotta usually dress a real 4th line and 3rd d-pair, unfortunately finding a match in tournaments this year is brutal as far as I've found.

I love playing teams who have themes, I'm working on theming my second line now, as I have team Canada's nash-toews-Richards, and the oilers kid line, then I'm gonna try to theme my 4th line and my d pairs similarly, makes team building more fun at least.

I wish there was a third decent forward wearing number 4 so I could put them with lecavalier and hall
Yes, the tournaments with salary restrictions and player requirements lead to some better variety in rosters and game play. Sure beats seeing the same players over and over again.

Maybe if you want to keep the Canada theme, you could do a CHL line? My roster is mostly made of current and former Flyers, so I gave my 4th line an AHL theme with current former Philadelphia Phantoms, Kyle Greentree and Ryan Potulny, and that line has actually done really well for me. Even if they're not scoring all the time, they manage to keep puck possession for the entire shift. Before that, I was using an Adirondack Phantoms line that was decent as well. And I've also got Mike Richards, Gagne, Carter, Williams, Pitkanen, Sbisa, Bobrovsky, etc. to round out the Flyers theme. I think I've run into 2 other players who had something similar for Penguins/Maple Leafs. Other than that, not much variety in rosters unless it's someone who's probably new and just started their HUT team.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
TheQuackAttack

Fairly sure Ovi just clinched his SOTW. 8 points this week, the most of anyone. The card I wanted most, good stuff.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Hmmm, I'll have to look into a CHL line, or some other theme if one gets suggested.

Right now, I'm rocking:
Nash - Toews (C) - Richards
Zetterberg - SOTW Lecavalier - J Carter
Hall - Nuge - Eberle
and usually a former Oilers TWF line of some sort as a 4th line.

My D, which I'm seemingly never quite satisfied with is:
Chara - Doughty
Johnson - Johnson
Bouwmeester - Burns

SOTW Bishop is my usual starter, but I actually have quite a logjam of 85ish rated goaltenders, Dubnyk, Brodeur, Khabibulin, Anderson, Mason and probably a couple others I'm forgetting.

Also, if anyone can point me to anything other than the operationsports resources on faceoffs, please let me know, I've realized this is a part of my game that I need to work on, I only win about 25% of the draws, and I'm often rocking 3 centres with faceoff ratings 88 and up (Toews, Gretzky, Stoll)

Anybody interested in swapping a LW Martin St Louis and some pucks for Zetterberg?

Also trying to build a D with size, reasonable footspeed and checking, and Jack Johnson is bothering me as too small, same as what Nik Kronwall SOTW did for me when I was using him, any suggestions for an additional D pair with good chemistry and size that works well together? I've been thinking about picking up Victor Hedman again, I know he's only an 84, but he was a beast for me as a DFD and I'd bet his TWD self now would make a great partner for Brent Burns.

Last edited by Grounded Star: 03-24-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
Fairly sure Ovi just clinched his SOTW. 8 points this week, the most of anyone. The card I wanted most, good stuff.
That card will be a beast

Old
03-24-2013, 07:03 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
That card will be a beast
He's already out, but maybe they'll jack him up to 95 like Sid. His 93 card is so-so.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:05 PM
AznNinja100*
HFTML - Colorado

looking to trade or sell normal gabarik, pm or msg me on xbox.

GT: AznNinja100

Old
03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
He's already out, but maybe they'll jack him up to 95 like Sid. His 93 card is so-so.
95 is what I'm hoping for/anticipating, so it likely won't happen. lol

Old
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
CP31

I want to kill myself. I just accidentally bid 93k on Sotw lecavalier. I don't wanna look at hut for a while now. ****

Old
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
I want to kill myself. I just accidentally bid 93k on Sotw lecavalier. I don't wanna look at hut for a while now. ****

Old
03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
AznNinja100*
HFTML - Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob8hockey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
You ****ed up man. LOL.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob8hockey View Post
Wow what are the odds

Closed Thread