HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aebischer thread (merged)

View Poll Results: How many games will Aebischer start this year?
0 games 0 0%
between 1 and 15 9 11.69%
between 16 and 26 21 27.27%
between 26 and 36 25 32.47%
between 37 and 45 9 11.69%
between 46 and 60 7 9.09%
between 61 and 71 0 0%
between 72 and 81 1 1.30%
all 82 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
habs_1962

vCash: 500
Aebischer thread (merged)

Just wondering if Bob would be waiting for the Sabre to trade Biron before starting to look around for any interest in Abei??? The reason behind this thread is that Abei said he wanted to be number 1 and with the contract of The Wall... I dont think he will play many games....So are we starting the season with Abei... I know St-Louis still dont have any subtantial Goaltender???? Any opinions????

habs_1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:34 PM
KaptainKourage*

If Im bob gainey (what im obsiouvly not) i try to deal Aebi before sabres deal biron.. just seems logic no ?

and aebi will start the season w/ habs.. ends it with another team as rental, then re-sign somewhere else (colorado ? )

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:36 PM
habs_1962

Possibly resign in Colorado after Theo falls flat... he he he

Old
08-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
I dont get the point of this Thread... this is not serious!!!

How come Sabres would trade a 2.1 millions #1A goalie for a 1.9 millions #1 goalie.
Do not forget that Biron is very well in Buffalo, very respected, so this would an insult to Biron because what he needs is a team that would allowed him to play around 40 games per year, this is not the case for montreal!!

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post

How come Sabres would trade a 2.1 millions #1A goalie for a 1.9 millions #1 goalie.
Do not forget that Biron is very well in Buffalo, very respected, so this would an insult to Biron because what he needs is a team that would allowed him to play around 40 games per year, this is not the case for montreal!!
It's because you don't understand the thread....

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:48 PM
suffocator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldat Samsonov View Post

lol reread the thread

suffocator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
If Im bob gainey (what im obsiouvly not) i try to deal Aebi before sabres deal biron.. just seems logic no ?
Depends. If for example 2 teams in the same division are in need of a goalie, and one acquires Biron, it will incite the other to look quickly at the goalie market to see what's left in order to make up the lost ground, and what's left will be Aebischer, which means said team might be ready to overpay.

If it doesn't materialize that way, then I'm all for playing it really safe and waiting to see if Huet can repeat before handing him the uncontested #1 title.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Talent Analyst

I really think that Gainey will wait to trade Aebi , because we don't know if Huet can repeat his performance of the last year . If yes , trade aebi . If no , Aebi is our number one .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:05 PM
habs_1962

Wow... I guess you missed something here.... We dont want Biron for Abei... WE ARE WONDERING WHEN THE SABRE TRADES BIRON IF MONTREAL WILL ABLE TO TRADE ABEI... THAT IS THE QUESTION.

Old
08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Coug555

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_1962 View Post
Possibly resign in Colorado after Theo falls flat... he he he
I'll have my Aebi jersey waiting! You guys should be happy to have Aebi, he's great.

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
habs_1962

Welll I guess if Bob is waiting to see if the wall would repeat... I think than he might have overpaid for something he is not sure of....

Old
08-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Sabres11

Quote:

Wow... I guess you missed something here.... We dont want Biron for Abei... WE ARE WONDERING WHEN THE SABRE TRADES BIRON IF MONTREAL WILL ABLE TO TRADE ABEI... THAT IS THE QUESTION.
Don't hold your breathe. With the speed Darcy Regier is moving with the trade of Biron, Abei is going to get cob webs riding the pine in Montreal!

Sabres11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
Who could be interested in Aebischer? Situation of Goalie

Who could be to interest in Aebischer ?

Ottawa: They have just signed Gerber... Emery did not make a miracle in series... perhaps that Aebischer with 1.9M$ could interest them if injuries happen.

Boston: Tim Thomas proved Raycroft was useless and Toivonen is their promising goalie and will take he's place of #1 this season. Strong rivality, so no interest.

Toronto: They have just signed Raycroft... Pogge will knock the door and Tellqvist also there, Strong rivality, NO interest at all.

Buffalo: Ryan Miller and Biron, simply put a no interest

But as I do not believe that the canadiens de montréal would make such a transaction inside its own division, those possibilies above will likely wont happen.

NY Rangers: Lundqvist missed the calder for 2 reasons: Crosby and Ovechkin...Al montoya wants to play in the NHL, so no room for Aebischer.

NY Islanders: Rick Dipietro is there for a long time and he wants to play each match... Aebischer wants the same thing, forget the islanders!

Pittsburgh: Marc-André Fleury got Thibeault, but it could happen to see Aebischer as a Pinguin.

New Jersey: With Martin Brodeur who will play approximately 74 matches Devils can prendrent no matter whom will be the back-up to play 8 matches... then why pay 1.9M$! But if injuries happen......

Philadelphia: Always unstable position for goalies in Philadelphia since the departure of Ron Hextall. Esche needs a little challenge in front of the net and Aebischer could give a good competition.

Washington: Kolzig is there but will he hold out for much years? They could need a good back-up,here a club which could probably be to interested in Aebischer...

Caroline: Mr. Playoffs!!! Cam Ward... forget about that! Too strong rivality
(2006 playoff)

Atlanta: Kari Lehtonen returned from wounds and proved that he is the future goalie and that he is ready for approximately 65 matches per season.Might be interested in Aebischer,.. but not much.

Tampa Bay: They have just obtained Marc Denis who did not break anything with Columbus... will stick with burke.Forget Tampa!

Florida: Signed the old man Belfour in order to support Auld or
Signed Auld in order to support the old man Belfour
I do not see at all why they would be to interest in Aebischer...

Detroit: They signed Hasek, My opinion is that they will want to give a chance to the young person Jimmy Howard...If Hasek hurts himself in the begening of the season, Aebischer would be interesting..

Nashville: Tomas Vokoun is apparently well restored from the disease... but Aebischer for 1.9M$ could surely interest this team.

Columbus: By exchanging Marc Denis they threw their Leclaire which had no year of experiment in the great league... here a team which would need surely Aebischer...

Chicago: Khabibulin is the 6 millions dollars man!

St-Louis: Curtis Sandford was already confirmed as #1...but it is not a secret that they are likely to obtain another #1 in order to have a system of alternation. They will not hesitate and Aebischer could extremely well be this goalie.

Calgary: Mikka Kiprusoff proved that it does not need backup...

Colorado: I do not see why Aebischer would go back to Colorado hehehe...

Edmonton: Does Dwayne Roloson have what... 34 years???They keep faith in Markanen...

Minnesota: Manny Fernandez will play with Harding because Lemaire loves a system of alternation.

Vancouver: Roberto Luongo... need other information??? They need a goalie to play the 3 last matches of the season

Dallas: Marty Turco would enjoy a system of alternation with Aebischer.Turco is so bad in playoff....

San Jose: They have already a problem of goalies #1 with Nabokov and Toskala.forget Aebischer with San Jose

Anaheim: Bryzgalov and Giguère... no need here.

Los Angeles: They had 2 good goalies in Garon and Labarbera... they added Cloutier with 2.6M$ in addition...wow... no need for a regiment of goalies!, one goalie at the time on the ice

Phoenix: Curtis Joseph gets old, here a team which could really but really have a great interest for David Aebischer...

Ok, i am tired , i need a beer

Louis Houde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
habs_1962

That must be why you thought my thread made no sence... you were already typing that long .... thread to say the same thing... he he he

Old
08-07-2006, 08:44 PM
wildone26*

How many games will Abby start this year?

Just curious now that it looks like Abby will start the year with the Habs how many games you think he will start for the Habs this year?

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:44 PM
x-bob

At this moment no one needs a goalie. Maybe this will change during the season but we aren't the only team offering.

Nabokov (or Toskala)
Giguere (or Bryzgalov)
Biron

Should all be on the market.
Some teams that might need goaltending later on.

Colombus : If Leclair doesn't play well then they will need a #1 goalie because we all know that Conklin isn't a #1 (or #2 for that matter)

Phoenix : Joseph is getting old but they do have Leneveu.

Florida : If Belfour gets a serious injury and Auld doesn't cut it.

Detroit: If Hasek gets a serious injury and Osgood doesn't cut it.

Toronto: If Raycroft has a similar season as last year.

Carolina: Ward might not play like he did last playoffs and Grahamme isn't excatly a #1.

Edmonton: If Roloson gets seriously injured (he is getty old)

St-Louis: If Bacash' and Sanford don't cut it.

But we might also need Aebisher if Huet is just a flash in the pan.

We will have to wait and see

Last edited by x-bob: 08-07-2006 at 08:55 PM.
x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:45 PM
habs_1962

Just wondering if Bob would be waiting for the Sabre to trade Biron before starting to look around for any interest in Abei??? The reason behind this thread is that Abei said he wanted to be number 1 and with the contract of The Wall... I dont think he will play many games....So are we starting the season with Abei... I know St-Louis still dont have any subtantial Goaltender???? Any opinions????

Old
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Shabutie

30% as many as Huet.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Habs13

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
habs_1962

None in Montreal... but I say at least 40 in St-Louis...

Old
08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
30% as many as Huet.

That would mean 25.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
felixd

You can scratch Philly off your possible list. I think Nittimaaki is the real deal and is ready to take over as starter this year.

felixd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
x-bob

Quote:
I don't understand your reasoning. WHy would Bob be waiting for Biron to get traded. If anything, he would try and trade before. It's all about the quantity offered and the quantity in demand. At this moment, there is only on team that seems in Demand (St-Louis) and 4 teams that are Offering (San Jose, Anaheim, Montreal, Buffalo). It really isn't the time to trade and especially if Biron gets traded first.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:57 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:

Ottawa: Gerber- Emery... Aebischer was worse than Emery last season. No.

Boston: Thomas-Toivonen... No.

Toronto: Raycroft-Aubin- Tellqvist...No.

Buffalo: Miller- Biron... No.

NY Rangers: Lundqvist-Weekes- Montoya... No.

NY Islanders: Dipietro- W.Dub... maybe, we'll see.

Pittsburgh: Fleury- Thibault... No.

New Jersey: Brodeur- Clemmenson..... No.

Philadelphia: Esche- Nitty... No.

Washington: Kolzig-Johnson... No.

Caroline: Ward-Grahame... No.

Atlanta: Lehtonen- Hedberg- Braithwaite... No.

Tampa Bay: Denis- Burke... No.

Florida: Belfour- Auld... No.

Detroit: Hasek- Osgood- Howard... No.

Nashville: Vokoun- Mason... No.

Columbus: Leclaire- Norrena- Conklin... No.

Chicago: Khabibulin- Lalime... No.

St-Louis: Sandford- Bacashihua- Schwarz... No.

Calgary: Kiprusoff-McLennan ... No.

Colorado: Theodore- Budaj... No.

Edmonton: Roloson- Markanen... No.

Minnesota: Fernandez- Harding... No.

*Vancouver: Luongo- no back up... but not gonna spend $1.9M on one either.

Dallas: Turco- Smith? ... Maybe

San Jose: Nabokov-Toskala... No.

Anaheim: Bryzgalov -Giguère... No.

Los Angeles: Cloutier- Garon- Labarbera... hell no.

Phoenix: Joseph- Morrison/Sauve- Leneveu... No.
I cut it down to Dallas and the Isles. But the number one goalies would have to falter on those teams and convince teams to look for someone to split games. Nobody wants to waste $1.9 on a back up.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Talent Analyst

between 37 and 45

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote