HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419005

Quote:
Sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to: the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings.
Depends on the price. That Morrow trade just threw a wrench into everything. I can see the Flames asking for either Toffoli or Forbort, very tough price to pay for a rental. I think Boston would be in the lead, they seem to be willing to part with the most. I'd be surprised if he ended up in Chicago or Pitts.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
tsanuri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419005

Depends on the price. That Morrow trade just threw a wrench into everything. I can see the Flames asking for either Toffoli or Forbort, very tough price to pay for a rental. I think Boston would be in the lead, they seem to be willing to part with the most. I'd be surprised if he ended up in Chicago or Pitts.
After what happened today you know Boston's offer went up.
Trying to keep up with Pit.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Toffoli would be a tough pill to swallow, Forbort you trade in an Iginla deal every day of the week.

Forbort's development is stuck in neutral, he will always have the size and reach, but his offensive game just never developed at NoDak.

I think the Flames will be looking for Bernier and one of our 20 year old forwards.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:28 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Toffoli would be a tough pill to swallow, Forbort you trade in an Iginla deal every day of the week.

Forbort's development is stuck in neutral, he will always have the size and reach, but his offensive game just never developed at NoDak.

I think the Flames will be looking for Bernier and one of our 20 year old forwards.
And Bernier is a hard pill to swallow just because that puts him on a division team next year. But your probably right about who they are looking at.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I would get rid of Forbort. Between Doughty, Greene, Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin, I can't see how the kid would ever break in to a level where you'd say "I'm glad we didn't trade him for Iginla."

Old
03-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Bernier + Kozun for Iggy + Pick would be what I would guess.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
After what happened today you know Boston's offer went up.
Trying to keep up with Pit.
Yep, that's the way I see it too. That third in the Morrow deal just turned into a 2nd in the future Iggy deal.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:40 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Would rather see Bernier go to a team like Tampa for something the Kings can use for more than 3 months - 2 years.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:41 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
Here would be the buy out after next year.

2014-15: $2,291,667
2015-16: $1,666,667

And this would be it if we really took it as a rental and did it this year.

2013-14: $1,041,667
2014-15: $2,541,667
2015-16: $1,916,667
2016-17: $1,916,667
Thanks for getting that.

I am thinking the cap starts going up after next year. It will be 1 year sacrificing contracts. As of now if we get Greene and Mitchell back then I would sacrifice Scuds 3 plus mil a year and let Ellerby progress

Old
03-24-2013, 07:41 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
It probably won't be a rental. There was a report from one of the Toronto news publications earlier this morning that from someone 'close to Iginla' he is not interested in being a rental. He would prefer a contract.
Bottom line is Sutter is high on him and I think pushing hard. That may sway Dl. On the other hand one ofthe East Coast reporters said the Kings have a bigger trade in mind and doesn't think they'll get Iggy.
That got me to wondering if the Kings are one of the teams that Eklund and TSN are rumoring to be involved in a 'big trade ' (teams involved are from West and SE)

Old
03-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I can't see Tampa ever trading MSL. That's their franchise guy, a lifer. Already won a Cup there.

If the Kings really did have a shot at him I would pay what it took. Guy is a beast, I don't care that he's 37. He can play for a long time. Would even trade J-Dub next offseason if that was required to make the cap work.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Don't know how I feel about getting Iginla overall. He turns 36 over the offseason, and will want a multi-year deal, and will get it. As fit and healthy as he is, it is still a gamble, not to mention our offense, as is, should be highly effective. Toffoli is set to assume a similar role as well. Would feel more comfortable going after a top 4 defenseman. Wouldn't complain at all to get Iginla though. He is the best luxury we could possibly get.

Last edited by Telos: 03-25-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old
03-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Don't know how I feel about getting Iginla overall. He turned 36 over the offseason, and will want a multi-year deal, and will get it. As fit and healthy as he is, it is still a gamble, not to mention our offense, as is, should be highly effective. Toffoli is set to assume a similar role as well. Would feel more comfortable going after a top 4 defenseman. Wouldn't complain at all to get Iginla though. He is the best luxury we could possibly get.
This sums it up perfectly.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:59 PM
SFKingshomer

So assuming Mitchell doesn't return and our offensive struggles of the past 2 games continues, what would you rather see? A top 6 with Kopi, Carter, Richards, Brown, Iginla, Williams or...

Giordano-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Muzzin-Greene

Old
03-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Defense.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
So assuming Mitchell doesn't return and our offensive struggles of the past 2 games continues, what would you rather see? A top 6 with Kopi, Carter, Richards, Brown, Iginla, Williams or...

Giordano-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Muzzin-Greene
Give me the forwards, not sure the Kings have the offensive firepower to win a series over Chicago or Anaheim right now. The Kings top 6 forwards are all wildly inconsistent, we could use another scorer as insurance if Kopitar, Richards or Brown go into one of their slumps at a key time.

Plus, Ellerby has been better than expected.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP

Kings next home game day after trade deadline. Gives them plenty of time to order and stock shelves at Team LA with "Iginla 12" sweaters
Somebody sure has wishful thinking.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I can't see Tampa ever trading MSL. That's their franchise guy, a lifer. Already won a Cup there.

If the Kings really did have a shot at him I would pay what it took. Guy is a beast, I don't care that he's 37. He can play for a long time. Would even trade J-Dub next offseason if that was required to make the cap work.
Supposedly, he's up for grabs.

03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Defense.
Agreed

Old
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Do you think San José will be able to catch them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Yes and be bumped first round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think it matters, because both those teams are in decline and not on the rise. At least the Dallas GM FINALLY understood his situation and did something to perhaps improve his team in the future.

Hell, Columbus might sneak in there.
Guys, do I really need to use this for you to get my sarcasm?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Don't know how I feel about getting Iginla overall. He turned 36 over the offseason, and will want a multi-year deal, and will get it. As fit and healthy as he is, it is still a gamble, not to mention our offense, as is, should be highly effective. Toffoli is set to assume a similar role as well. Would feel more comfortable going after a top 4 defenseman. Wouldn't complain at all to get Iginla though. He is the best luxury we could possibly get.
I'm thinking he will get a renewed sense of energy, at least for this season, in going for a Cup.

That said, I don't want to give up any good prospects up for him. Bernier's going at the end of the season anyway, so yeah throw him in the deal (seeing him 5-6 times a season for the foreseeable future might be a tough pill to swallow, however...best he goes to a Leastern club).

However, we may have no choice in the matter, if we really want Iginla that much.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Richie10

Trading for Iginla without giving up any major roster pieces is the exact type of move that teams need to make in order to repeat. Adding an ultra respected guy around the league who can still be a game changer on the ice in addition to charging up the locker room for another long run. In a cap world, this is the kind of all in deal you have to make if you want to repeat. If you're scared of losing him to free agency and thus losing the assets, that's fine, just don't complain about not being able to get over the hump for a second Cup run.

If Dean is serious about making another run right now, he makes this deal. Simple as that.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I'd like LA to land one of:

Iginla

Jagr

or

Whitney

St. Louis would be the most expensive of the bunch.

IF Iggy would come to LA for a decent price he'd be great. Would like to have him just so he can run over Doan.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Trading for Iginla without giving up any major roster pieces is the exact type of move that teams need to make in order to repeat. Adding an ultra respected guy around the league who can still be a game changer on the ice in addition to charging up the locker room for another long run. In a cap world, this is the kind of all in deal you have to make if you want to repeat. If you're scared of losing him to free agency and thus losing the assets, that's fine, just don't complain about not being able to get over the hump for a second Cup run.

If Dean is serious about making another run right now, he makes this deal. Simple as that.
Very true. From what I heard from a radio interview a few days ago with Lombardi, Bernier is too valuable an asset to move now, especially in aquiring someone like Iginla. IMO, Bernier wont factor in at all during the trade deadline.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
... another called it a "trade that would be heard worldwide..."
Man, Ek sure likes to hype his trade rumors to the max.You'd think by that headline it was Crosby being traded.

Closed Thread