HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
You and I think alike!
Definitely if he maxes out would make our top line insane in 2 years...

Patches-chuckie-Stewart

Hollllllyyyy damn

Old
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Pittsburgh gives up A LOT for a guy that looks like a shell of his former self. I hope MB stays conservative and doesn't overpay for a rental. I would hate to give up a potential top 4 guy for a freaking rental.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:37 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Pittsburgh gives up A LOT for a guy that looks like a shell of his former self. I hope MB stays conservative and doesn't overpay for a rental. I would hate to give up a potential top 4 guy for a freaking rental.
You'd be singing a different tune if we would acquired Morrow.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
habsrule22

No way do we go after Jagr, we could have gotten him the last 2 summers and past. No way do we give up assets for him now

Old
03-24-2013, 07:54 PM
gusfring

Anyone expecting any deadlines deals of consequence by the Habs is in for a disappointment.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I couldn't agree more... and I am happy we didn't pick up Morrow. Even if he succeeds in Pittsburgh there is no guarantee he would be successful in Montreal. Let's keep our assets and develop them for a change

Old
03-24-2013, 08:09 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Anyone expecting any deadlines deals of consequence by the Habs is in for a disappointment.
Define consequence.

I think MB's illogically timed contract extensions to the two midgets pretty much confirmed that we're not upgrading on their positions. And if we're not upgrading the 6th d-man or the middle6er centre who's bad at faceoffs, brutal defensively and dry on the PP - what other position could we possibly look to strengthen?

I'm not gaga for Clowe but slow and lumbering as he is, his presence would change the make up of the team a little bit - especially considering half our top6 players are midgets.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

I'd have myself a full plate of Brazilian meat on the back end, please.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:23 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
I'd have myself a full plate of Brazilian meat on the back end, please.
Regehr?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

vCash: 351
I'll ask in this thread as well:

Could WPG be a good trade partner for us? They have size to spare. Can we meet their needs?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Regehr?
Yes. Likely to be had for cheap, big body who will make you pay when you want an easy way in his zone, that will clear the crease night in and night out, and who brings loads of experience on our injury-plagued d-core. What's not to like?

Adding Regehr and replacing either Moen or White with Thorburn would be a great trade deadline as far as I'm concerned.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder (or Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta (or Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust)
Prust - Dumont - Thorburn (or Armstrong - Dumont - Thorburn)
White/Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Regehr - Subban
Gorges - Bouillon

Old
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
I'll ask in this thread as well:

Could WPG be a good trade partner for us? They have size to spare. Can we meet their needs?
I just don't see it. I would jump on a guy like Mark Stuart on the back-end though.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Define consequence.

I think MB's illogically timed contract extensions to the two midgets pretty much confirmed that we're not upgrading on their positions. And if we're not upgrading the 6th d-man or the middle6er centre who's bad at faceoffs, brutal defensively and dry on the PP - what other position could we possibly look to strengthen?

I'm not gaga for Clowe but slow and lumbering as he is, his presence would change the make up of the team a little bit - especially considering half our top6 players are midgets.
I am happy that MB is making the personnel decisions and not you... and your need to degrade players like Desharnais speaks volumes. You could have disagreed with the decision to sign Desharnais without calling him a midget... but chose to take the low road.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

Quote:
I just don't see it. I would jump on a guy like Mark Stuart on the back-end though.
Well they have some pieces that I'd love on the Habs, aside from the obvious ones I really like Wheeler and Stuart as well. But I'm suggesting trying to pry some bottom6 size and grit. Maybe Thorburn, Tangradi, etc? It wouldn't be a blockbuster trade, the price wouldn't be too high, and the result would help us tremendously. Prust needs some more backup.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Define consequence.
Anything affecting our top 9 forwards or top 4 D.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:37 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I am happy that MB is making the personnel decisions and not you... and your need to degrade players like Desharnais speaks volumes. You could have disagreed with the decision to sign Desharnais without calling him a midget... but chose to take the low road.
Why so touchy?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
It's a physical game and we got pummeled by the Bruins for two years. The Jacques Martin era is seared into my retinas.

When you have one short, non-physical player - that's one thing. When you sign one for five years and give him the captaincy, extend another for four years mid-season where he's playing poorly and extend another till age 38 who happens to play next to PK fn Subban - something is amiss.

It's a physical game, it's a game of speed and strength and talent. Martin St Louis doesn't play like a midget and he doesn't produce like one either. Gallagher seems to kick ass, though he's still a rookie and we don't know what he's going to play like as he develops. DD and Gionta are non-physical short players on a team that was infamous for the better part of three years for having non-physical short players and diving their way to victory. I'm sick of that image and that culture, Clowe would be a welcome change if he comes cheap and plays on third line if Bourque ends up injured for a long time.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:44 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Well they have some pieces that I'd love on the Habs, aside from the obvious ones I really like Wheeler and Stuart as well. But I'm suggesting trying to pry some bottom6 size and grit. Maybe Thorburn, Tangradi, etc? It wouldn't be a blockbuster trade, the price wouldn't be too high, and the result would help us tremendously. Prust needs some more backup.
If we could make a trade that would bring us a package deal of Thorburn and Stuart, it would be awesome for us. And I do agree that Prust needs some serious backup.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Yes. Likely to be had for cheap, big body who will make you pay when you want an easy way in his zone, that will clear the crease night in and night out, and who brings loads of experience on our injury-plagued d-core. What's not to like?

Adding Regehr and replacing either Moen or White with Thorburn would be a great trade deadline as far as I'm concerned.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder (or Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta (or Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust)
Prust - Dumont - Thorburn (or Armstrong - Dumont - Thorburn)
White/Armstrong

Markov - Emelin
Regehr - Subban
Gorges - Bouillon
Agreed Regehr would be a fantastic pickup for the blueline they are missing a player like him

Old
03-24-2013, 08:48 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

There's another guy that I hope Niewendyk is crazy enough to deal; Eric Nystrom. This guy just has no quit in him. Terrific forechecker and great energy player. My friend has always been very fond of him. The more I think about it, the more I'd like the idea too.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
You'd be singing a different tune if we would acquired Morrow.
Not if we gave up Bealieu to do so.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
JohnnyB11

LOL Beaulieu still gets no love around here. Baffles me.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
StellerEller
Playoffs!

Quote:
If we could make a trade that would bring us a package deal of Thorburn and Stuart, it would be awesome for us. And I do agree that Prust needs some serious backup.
Stuart would be great but I don't see it because
1)WPG needs him
2)If we trade for him, it crowds our Dcore too much. Who do we give up for the package you're suggesting?

Thorburn would be nice though. Maybe a pick and white?

Old
03-24-2013, 09:13 PM
finman8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
I like the Clarkson part, but Tokarski is nowhere near ready to be a full-time backup yet. Also, there are many players I'd take on this team as a 7th defenseman over Lundin. Smid, Babchuk, Regehr are unrestricted free agents by the end of the year and are far more interesting than Lundin. As for Higgins... not sure we need a question mark from the Gainey era.
What do backups need to do to be ready. Take tokarski for example , been in the ahl with 4 yrs experience, won Calder cuo, memorial cup, world juniors, tells cup, so he has a little experience with pressure. Has been nothing short of amazing since joining the dogs. How do they get the NHL experience without being given a shot at backup so he practises and gets comfortable at that level. So what should he do to be more ready to try it I'm asking. They can't get the NHL experience unless they work into it through the backup position.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Saundies

If we could get Jagr for a 2nd round pick or so then I'm all for it.. guy's a machine this year despite his age. Obvious chemistry with Pleks, and a true bonafide game-breaker.

Plus I'd love to see a Jagr Habs jersey.

Closed Thread