HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who will be our new rivals?

Old
03-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Jubal

vCash: 500
Who will be our new rivals?

Just curious. This has probably been discussed before, but with the realignment, who do you think will be our new "rival?" I was thinking either Dallas or Minnesotta. What do you think?

Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Just curious. This has probably been discussed before, but with the realignment, who do you think will be our new "rival?" I was thinking either Dallas or Minnesotta. What do you think?
That would be my thoughts

Preds33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Every team not named the Predators will be my rival.

03-24-2013, 07:31 PM
MrHenley

Minnesota and Dallas are safe bets based on games this year

MrHenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Predsboro

Definitely Minnesota with the Leipold / Suter hatred, Dallas with the Robidas / Modano incident and now Fiddler's mouth ... these two are on the verge of bursting into flames already ... and should help offset the loss of Detroit and Columbus.

Also ... St. Louis and Chicago remain in "conference III" as rivals

Could even see the Colorado and Winnipeg matches leading to rivalry as well.

Personally, I'll miss the Red Wings ... I don't feel they are needed as much as say 5 years ago; but, man the building buzzes when the Preds skate against Detroit.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:21 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Never thought of Chicago as rivals for some reason.

Dallas defiantly, Minnesota, as long as Liarpold is the owner, pos...

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:23 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I won't miss all of the Pred Wing fans who rock the Red when their boys are in town. Obviously we'll see them sometimes, but not as often.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I won't miss all of the Pred Wing fans who rock the Red when their boys are in town. Obviously we'll see them sometimes, but not as often.
Who is really going to miss drunken, arrogant loudmouths rubbing their "cups" in your kids face. Now I can cheer for our expansion brothers in Columbus and hate the other 2 with a passion. The Mild with $uter and Liar and add the Winterpeg Jest that stole a team from the south. The fact that Jest fans were worshiping Baldy as a hero even though he had zero effect on their attempt to get a team. Their badmouthing of Nashville during that time cannot and should not be forgotten.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Dallas is my hope and I think it could be awesome. As I've said before, I want a mutually accepted rivalry; it makes it much more entertaining. CHI/DET as O6 teams are too cool for school; DAL and NSH could start something special, especially because we are the only two true "southern" teams in the NHL. FL / AZ are geographically south, but not as culturally "southern" imo.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:26 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Who is really going to miss drunken, arrogant loudmouths rubbing their "cups" in your kids face.
Sounds like Cubs fans, except without the winning tradition.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:00 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Dallas, Minny, & the Jets. I hope the Jets series really heats up. I'm sure plenty of people from Atlanta will be making trips to either root for or against the Jets. Should make an instant rival, imo.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:41 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
My hope is we are good enough that Chicago becomes our main rival. They are positioned to dominate our new conference the way Detroit did the old central, for at least the next 4-5 years.

If Dallas and Minnesota are our main rivals, it means we will be scraping for that third or 4th playoff slot instead of challenging for the division/conference/pod/whatever they are gonna call it title...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:06 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
My hope is we are good enough that Chicago becomes our main rival. They are positioned to dominate our new conference the way Detroit did the old central, for at least the next 4-5 years.

If Dallas and Minnesota are our main rivals, it means we will be scraping for that third or 4th playoff slot instead of challenging for the division/conference/pod/whatever they are gonna call it title...
Will Chicago not have to cut some payroll with the lower cap? They are at 59 million next year with 17 players signed, and Leddy and Kruger as RFA. (4 million for both?) leaves a million for a backup goalie and some depth.

I think our main "rival" will be the first team we play in the divisional rounds in the playoffs. That is where rivalries are built. I kinda hope it is minnesota to be honest.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:13 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Will Chicago not have to cut some payroll with the lower cap? They are at 59 million next year with 17 players signed, and Leddy and Kruger as RFA. (4 million for both?) leaves a million for a backup goalie and some depth.

I think our main "rival" will be the first team we play in the divisional rounds in the playoffs. That is where rivalries are built. I kinda hope it is minnesota to be honest.
As a child of the old Norris Division in the 80's, I'm hoping that bitter rivalries are made with Chicago, StL, Minny, and Dallas. I always had a burning hatred for Chicago, Detroit, and the old North Stars as a kid in StL. The Mild is an obvious target of hatred now. Despised Toronto in the Ballard years but they are in the East and don't really care about them unless they are dumping players... Kinda hard to get fired up about the Jets till they cheap shot us and not the ATL.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:20 AM
PFL615

Chicago, and Dallas. No question about it imo.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Chicago, and Dallas. No question about it imo.
Oh I think there is at least SOME question about it. Suter will be booed off the ice every time Minny comes here. And there is a significant amount of the fan base that doesn't care all that much for their owner either.

#1 for me and its not close is Minny. I hope as long as Suter plays there and Liarpold owns the team they never even get a sniff of the Stanley Cup. Dallas a distant second. I like how Chicago plays the game and if we didn't have a team here I would be following them. I hope we beat them every time, but I like watching them play.

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

hate them all, why choose a lesser evil?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Jubal

I honestly hope it's Dallas.

I feel like Chicago won't take us as seriously, and I prefer a mutual rivalry. As much as I don't like Minnesota because of Leipold (and now Suter), that's just it. I flat out don't like them. And their fan base has zero respect for us (if we can go by this forum) so it seems to me like that would be more bitterness and hate than rivalry. I could definitely see it happening though. And yeah, that Winnipeg crap represents an attitude in hockey that I can't stand. The ignorant delusion that hockey doesn't belong in the South. I could see that too.

All in all though, I've enjoyed the Dallas games so far this season and if that's what we have to look forward to, I'm not opposed to them being our rival.

Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I feel like it will be dallas. i see some line brawls in our future ala flames/preds about a decade ago.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
The PH Factor

Winnipeg. Cause if Canadians are gonna be anti-southern hockey...I'm gonna be anti-Canadian

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Minnesota and Dallas would be my predictions. Minnesota has Suter, and Dallas just has a way of irritating me.

But this is all decided on the ice. On ugly incident or playoff series, and you've got a rival. So we'll see.