HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I'd like LA to land one of:

Iginla

Jagr

or

Whitney

St. Louis would be the most expensive of the bunch.

IF Iggy would come to LA for a decent price he'd be great. Would like to have him just so he can run over Doan.
God yeah. As much as I love them, and as much as Toffoli will be great long-term, right now, Richards-Carter-x has like zero puck possession time...they're playing the one-and-done game. Putting Iginla on that line would be fire and give them more of a physical presence, since Carter's board play is garbage.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
If they're going to move Bernier, the preferred trade would have him going to the East, and getting a quality winger who can pass and shoot like St. Louis is the type of move the Kings should be looking at. He's a player who still has gas in his tank, has a Cup, and makes his linemates better.

My top three wishlist in order:

1) Marty St. Louis

2) Jaromir Jagr

3) Jarome Iginla

Old
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Man, Ek sure likes to hype his trade rumors to the max.You'd think by that headline it was Crosby being traded.
Eklund once reported a bizzare trade rumor of Ovechkin to Nashville years ago. Need I say more?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
His rating system after every tweet is hilarious

Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Eklund did report the Richards trade here before anyone else so I give him some slack. When it comes to rumors I don't bother, but if he says the trade is on, he might be right.

I would rather have MSL than Iginla too. He is an amazing player, and ticks the box as far as not having to worry about re-signing him goes.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Eklund did report the Richards trade here before anyone else so I give him some slack. When it comes to rumors I don't bother, but if he says the trade is on, he might be right.

I would rather have MSL than Iginla too. He is an amazing player, and ticks the box as far as not having to worry about re-signing him goes.
When it comes to Flyers news/rumors, he's pretty spot on most times.

Could anyone see Dean taking a shot at signing Miikka down the road?

Old
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
bobafettish*

dont think MSL is DL's type of players he's like 5'5

Old
03-24-2013, 09:09 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Guys and gals, I need to know if I'm losing my mind here. Check out this proposal and let me know if trading for Kiprusoff makes no sense like I think it doesn't, or if it's the right thing to do.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post62331589

Old
03-24-2013, 09:11 PM
bobafettish*

is it just me but are the kings giving up a LOT for a bunch of old down trending players.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:15 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
is it just me but are the kings giving up a LOT for a bunch of old down trending players.
I feel the same way, it's basically trading a bunch of assets for the hopes of winning this year and the added bonus of being in cap hell when the season is over

Old
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

There's no reason for the Kings to trade for Kiprusoff. Why would anyone put 9-10 million into goaltending next year?

Maybe DL can sign a guy like Khudobin in the summer.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Toffoli would be a tough pill to swallow, Forbort you trade in an Iginla deal every day of the week.

Forbort's development is stuck in neutral, he will always have the size and reach, but his offensive game just never developed at NoDak.

I think the Flames will be looking for Bernier and one of our 20 year old forwards.
Quote:
I would get rid of Forbort. Between Doughty, Greene, Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin, I can't see how the kid would ever break in to a level where you'd say "I'm glad we didn't trade him for Iginla."
I wouldn't say he is stuck in neutral. Forbort has taken some very good strides forward the past year. He is finally growing into and comfortable in his large frame. I've seen plenty of kids like him that it takes time to put it together when they are this big, especially on defense.

Forbort is Scuds-willie in a few years. Whether he comes out of UND this season or stays a year (his senior), I would expect 1-2 years at MAN. The usual seasoning that Lombardi looks for.

Personally I think he would need it. He needs to still fill out and improve strength for the next level. He will also need to adapt to the faster speed and also the more physical play.

The kid isn't stalled he is a project. A long term project. This has been known for years, so to say he is stalled is misrepresentation imo.

Now there are reports that DAL is possibly looking at moving Eriksson. I would rather see LA make a move for Louie E, than go for an over the hill Iginla. He is signed through 2015-16 and at $4.25M, which fits in now. With Gagne and Penner off after this season that salary would fit. Hell Penner's salary almost pays for it all.

Eriksson long-term would be a major improvement on the wing. Slide him with Kopitar and suddenly JW could be moved, or slide DB down into the #2 LW role on Richards line. ERikkson can skate LW or RW, this would give Sutter a lot of options up and down the roster.

This would give time for TT to mature further and not rush him into the line up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418998

Old
03-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Eriksson would cost Toffoli, a high pick, and another player. Not sure about that one, I guess it depends who the other player is.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Eriksson would cost Toffoli, a high pick, and another player. Not sure about that one, I guess it depends who the other player is.
was getting ready to go back and edit this.

yes it would likely cost TT, one of the 3 young D (VV, AMart or Muzz) and a pick. i could live with this. only losing VV would cause me to cringe.

this keeps JB still off the trade block, to be moved at the draft when DL can get more for him. it doesn't weaken us in net at this point and gives DL the summer to secure a back up to JQ.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Depending on who the other player is, I'd be very interested. Eriksson is relatively cheap, and we are pretty weak on the left side

Old
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Shellz

Mark Spector Sports @SportsnetSpec
Source confirming that #CalgaryFlames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question, Iggy being shopped.

Old
SFKingshomer

Eriksson would be awesome to have. He is a hell of a 2 way forward and still young enough to keep around for awhile.

Old
Shellz

Forbort + Kozun + pick?

Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Forbort + Kozun + pick?
Words stolen from mouth.

Our main problem is that Boston would give a first with those things, no question. Handcuffs our position.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:41 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Forbort + Kozun + pick?
They will probably want Toffoli, Forbort, and a first

Old
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
bobafettish*

for eriksson i would give amart/muzzin, toffoli and next years 1st. still probably wouldn't be enough.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
They will probably want Toffoli, Forbort, and a first
they can keep him then.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Kozun, Forbort, and 4th/5th 2014 conditional on whether on he resigns with us.

That seems okay.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

I meant signing Miikka when he becomes a free agent.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:49 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Like I said before if that's the price for Morrow, I cringe at what Iginla will cost.
I'll continue to stand by my assumption it will cost similar to what Hossa and Kovalchuk cost; a 1st, a good prospect, a depth player with some upside (Lewis for example) and another pick/prospect/depth player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
What it's a prospect and a pick for a proven player. And they get a pick back as well. It would be like us trading Jordan Weal for Iginla and a pick going each way. A player that has no NHL experience but might become something.
Joe Morrow is far superior in trade value to Jordan Weal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Doubt it, That wasn't even the Pens best prospect. They gave up very little to land Morrow.
Joe Morrow isn't their best prospect, but he's a damn nice one. It'd be like us trading Pearson and a 5th for Morrow and a 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

What is going to make Pearson, Vey etc. different from Moulson, Moller, Hickey, Loktionov and Halloway who were lost for a total return of a fifth round pick.
Some of these shouldn't be in this group. Hickey, and arguably Loktionov, were lost because we didn't have room for them, or the right spot open for them. Moulson was let go after he didn't prove anything, Holloway walked on his own (and some here argue he'd have had a legit chance at a roster spot before bolting to Europe, leaving us to use plugs like Trent Hunter and Ethan Moreau). Moller, the real screw up IMO was bringing him into the NHL to soon, burning off a year or two of his deal before he was really NHL ready. The only way DL could get around the waiver wire thing with him was let him go to Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Go look on the Stars board. They think differently, creaming all over themselves for a prospect that has not played one second in the NHL.

Gotta love those fantasy league fans.
They got a very solid kid and a pick for a guy that would have been a UFA in 18 games and a pick. That's the type of deals that teams that are rebuilding make and often is key in the rebuild. Apparently Dallas is rebuilding, and as such it is a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Morrow couldn't even crack that awful Pens Defense....I know the kid was recently drafted. But if he is as skilled as people are saying, that is a red flag too me.

Joe Morrow was also struggling this year on his AHL team.

So the Pens gave up a B type prospect plus a 5th ? For a proven NHL player close to retirement + a 3rd.

What's all the hub bub about ?
There's a lot of disrespect for Morrow on here. He's in his first pro season and it's only been 20 months since he was drafted. So he's a flop?

Two seasons after we drafted Voynov, our D had Randy Jones, Peter Harrold and Davis Drewiske playing on it. Was Voynov a B type prospect because he couldn't beat those guys out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
If we trade Bernier then who do we get to back up Quick? Ben Bishop once Anderson returns?
Rumour has it as Khabibulin (though I don't trust that rumour much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Trading for Iginla without giving up any major roster pieces is the exact type of move that teams need to make in order to repeat. Adding an ultra respected guy around the league who can still be a game changer on the ice in addition to charging up the locker room for another long run. In a cap world, this is the kind of all in deal you have to make if you want to repeat. If you're scared of losing him to free agency and thus losing the assets, that's fine, just don't complain about not being able to get over the hump for a second Cup run.

If Dean is serious about making another run right now, he makes this deal. Simple as that.
Why? If he doesn't do the deal, he's not serious? Not every team that has cup hopes makes big deals. You have to pick and choose your moments, or you get raked over the coals by teams that know you are trying to win at all costs. Look at Feaster. He kept trying to win again in Tampa Bay and where did Tampa go after they won the cup? Into the toilet. Look at what Calgary is doing under him.

Yes, Tampa did win a cup that way. They also ran themselves into the ground and, outside of a surprising run to the third round a few years ago, are still recovering from that approach. I'm all for going for a cup run too, but going full throattle every year will quickly land us back in the realm of picking in the top 10 of the draft again.

I'd rather do the Detroit or New Jersey method, go for it when you think the pieces are there, but don't overspend. And some years, take a year off and hold back. I remember one year TSN was talking to Holland (Detroit's GM) about why they weren't very active at the trade deadline. I think it was in 2008 or 2009. Holland said falt out, sometimes it's good to take a year away from going for a trade unless it's a no-brainer, because sometimes you need to replenish the pipeline, and hang onto those picks. And that year they made the Cup finals anyways.

It's ok to not do anything, or not go for the big prize on the table, and still be labelled as being 'serious' about your cup chances.

Quote:

Maybe DL can sign a guy like Khudobin in the summer.
I'd like him as well, but I think he'll go someplace where he can get a few more starts. I don't know if he'd get more here.

Closed Thread