HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

vCash: 500
Calgary's winning and the Avs are losing.... tank on!

Old
03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Should we just trade everyone on the team who gives a ****?

Matthias? Really? The guy has been very good this year. If he had linemates who could finish, he'd be looking like a top-6 forward right now. Dineen should actually put him out there with better linemates, for a change.
Unlike arguing about bringing in other 3rd and 4th line players, this bolded is what is really starting to irk me at the risk of sounding like a broken record.

If only we had players who could finish on huberdeaus chances, on mathias's chances, on skille's great rushes, on kopecky's hard work and determination...Well ****ing A!!! Bring in those guys already.

The point is Jack Skille could be an 80 point player if you put him on a line with neal and crosby also.

So instead of debating bringing in Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres why are we not trying to pursue what this team actually needs...

All star offensive talent. Gaborik is supposed to be available, put him on a line with huberdeau and all of a sudden we are cooking with gas.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:21 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Unlike arguing about bringing in other 3rd and 4th line players, this bolded is what is really starting to irk me at the risk of sounding like a broken record.

If only we had players who could finish on huberdeaus chances, on mathias's chances, on skille's great rushes, on kopecky's hard work and determination...Well ****ing A!!! Bring in those guys already.

The point is Jack Skille could be an 80 point player if you put him on a line with neal and crosby also.

So instead of debating bringing in Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres why are we not trying to pursue what this team actually needs...

All star offensive talent. Gaborik is supposed to be available, put him on a line with huberdeau and all of a sudden we are cooking with gas.
No on Gaborik, dyin to get him off my other team.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:35 PM
ursavolta

Quote:

Skille has the tool set to become a great 2nd line forward, even a first line forward. Reminds me alot of T.J. Oshie. Thing is he tries to do too much by himself. He does the same type of maneuvers over and over and tries to balance the whole offensive play on his shoulders. He has great size, great speed, great board work, but lacks any or all hockey I.Q. There are some times that he shines in a rare occasion where he passes it, but its rarely.

Would I resign him? Sure, great energy guy, throws the body around, great speed but i would condition him to play around the net more because that how he will get his goals and to learn how to FREAKING PASS. Narrow vision with this guy is horrendous.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:45 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
Skille has the tool set to become a great 2nd line forward, even a first line forward. Reminds me alot of T.J. Oshie. Thing is he tries to do too much by himself. He does the same type of maneuvers over and over and tries to balance the whole offensive play on his shoulders. He has great size, great speed, great board work, but lacks any or all hockey I.Q. There are some times that he shines in a rare occasion where he passes it, but its rarely.

Would I resign him? Sure, great energy guy, throws the body around, great speed but i would condition him to play around the net more because that how he will get his goals and to learn how to FREAKING PASS. Narrow vision with this guy is horrendous.
There was a play the other night where iirc against the rangers he took it right to the net and a glorious rebound came right to upshall who actually scored on it. It was the first time someone playing with skille was smart enough to finish on his hard work...We need that from talented players who possess we the natural scoring touch.

The hard work is there, no doubt. On many nights we work hard offensively but we need guys with talent and IQ to match the hard work with our grinding guys so we can score some goals.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Dr Beinfest

I get what ya'll are saying about Jack Skille but you're exaggerating it quite a bit. He doesn't have the tools to be a 1st line player by any means. Yes, he has the tools to be much better than he is, but you can't simply neglect his other glaring flaws. Dude can't shoot worth a dime, for example.

I'd say Skille could be a 10-20 goal player with his abilities if he didn't just crash the net coming in full speed down the wing every time he touched the puck... but that's a far cry from being an 80 point player regardless of who he's on a line with.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:19 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I get what ya'll are saying about Jack Skille but you're exaggerating it quite a bit. He doesn't have the tools to be a 1st line player by any means. Yes, he has the tools to be much better than he is, but you can't simply neglect his other glaring flaws. Dude can't shoot worth a dime, for example.

I'd say Skille could be a 10-20 goal player with his abilities if he didn't just crash the net coming in full speed down the wing every time he touched the puck... but that's a far cry from being an 80 point player regardless of who he's on a line with.
Wait, who said Skille was going to be a 1st line player? I'm happy with him on the 3rd/4th line tbh.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:49 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sure, if Rangers want to trade him straight up for Steeg. One floater for another and gets rid of those Steeg's extra years.

Rangers would never do that thou.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:18 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
Skille has the tool set to become a great 2nd line forward, even a first line forward. Reminds me alot of T.J. Oshie.
Guys, it's difficult to know if this is high end levelling or not. Skille isn't remotely close to being like Oshie, nor will he ever put up noteworthy offensive numbers. He's not a good offensive player.

He skates well. It's the reason he is in the NHL.

As for Gaborik, since he joined the Rangers he is 6th in the NHL for Goals scored. He's a little one dimensional and soft at times, but he's an elite NHL Goalscorer.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Dr Beinfest

I don't even expect Skille to break what he is now, either. I've always imagined him as 'peaked' in some sense. Or peaking. Or however you want to put it. Not a prospect and not a ton of room for moving up the ranks.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:45 PM
RainingRats

Anyone know when Weaver will be back? I have to think Tallon will want to trade either him or Scratchan. Possibly Kuba but his cap hit might be too high. If Murray can get two seconds, I think Weaver or Strachan could too. Murray is a bottom pairing guy on the Penguins.

Old
03-27-2013, 05:58 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Anyone know when Weaver will be back? I have to think Tallon will want to trade either him or Scratchan. Possibly Kuba but his cap hit might be too high. If Murray can get two seconds, I think Weaver or Strachan could too. Murray is a bottom pairing guy on the Penguins.
No they can't, Shero is just as idiot and Murray is totally not worth that, even thou that other pick is conditional.

Murray hits like a ****ing rhino, blocks shots and sticks up for his team, but that's about it. He's slow, goes out of position way too often for his big hits and it lead to a 2on1, also he was 8th in the Sharks depth chart.

Getting a 2nd round pick pick for him was pure magic by DW, but possibly two said picks? Wilson has made some dumb ass trades in the past, but that was the steal of the year.

Weaver is worth a 3rd, maybe two 3rds if someone overpays. Kuba is here to stay IMO, nobody will touch that contract. Strachan, I think he'll re-sign.

Old
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
No they can't, Shero is just as idiot and Murray is totally not worth that, even thou that other pick is conditional.

Murray hits like a ****ing rhino, blocks shots and sticks up for his team, but that's about it. He's slow, goes out of position way too often for his big hits and it lead to a 2on1, also he was 8th in the Sharks depth chart.

Getting a 2nd round pick pick for him was pure magic by DW, but possibly two said picks? Wilson has made some dumb ass trades in the past, but that was the steal of the year.

Weaver is worth a 3rd, maybe two 3rds if someone overpays. Kuba is here to stay IMO, nobody will touch that contract. Strachan, I think he'll re-sign.
8th is nuts. I always liked his game but he is a bit of a liability. Yeah, great trade for San Jose.

I think Weaver is really good and he'd be worth at least two thirds. Here's an older but still on relevant article about him if you haven't read it. http://hockeyanalysis.com/2011/09/15...ve-defenseman/

I'm a little considered Strachan will test free agency. He's playing 18 minutes a night and is only a -4 on this team. If Tallon doesn't extend him before the deadline he should trade him.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
I'm a little considered Strachan will test free agency. He's playing 18 minutes a night and is only a -4 on this team. If Tallon doesn't extend him before the deadline he should trade him.
I hope Stachan doesnt come back.. He's been pretty bad.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:59 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
8th is nuts. I always liked his game but he is a bit of a liability. Yeah, great trade for San Jose.
It sounds crazy, but it really was that way.

Boyle
Vlasic
Burns
Stuart
Demers
Braun
Irwin

He's been pretty bad this season and all of the above have been better.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:14 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I hope Stachan doesnt come back.. He's been pretty bad.
Does Petrovic make the team next year?

Old
03-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Brunomics

Is Peter Mueller available? If so what do you guys think would be the cost for the Isles to get him?

Old
03-27-2013, 11:56 AM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Is Peter Mueller available? If so what do you guys think would be the cost for the Isles to get him?
He's probably available because he's a RFA at seasons end but i don't think Tallon will be shopping him....

Old
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
As an RFA, he's probably worth more to the Panthers than whatever he would return in a trade.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

Either way the result of the CGY-COL game tonight will help the tank and if we lose to Buffalo tomorrow the tank will be going well.....

Old
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Make an offer, because I don't know who's off limits or not on your team.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:17 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Would rather like if you asked for Versteeg. Is your 1st this year off limits?

Old
03-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
Either way the result of the CGY-COL game tonight will help the tank and if we lose to Buffalo tomorrow the tank will be going well.....
Yeah, I'm hoping for an Avs win in overtime.

-ghoste

Old
03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I'd imagine the Avs would be all over Seth Jones.. Being a Colorado fan and from the area.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:29 PM
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!

OMG the Avs are so bad!!!! Anyways the Flames winning is still good for the tank...

Closed Thread