HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Tampa Bay @ Ottawa - 2pm 03/23/13

Old
03-23-2013, 11:04 PM
shootingrubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
shootingrubber,

This is only my perception of this, but you're calling out people for being biased in appraising Lehner when it appears you're suffering from the same, continually nitpicking at him. Don't take this the wrong way, I really like reading your posts but its not fair for you to call people out on this matter (except for the LOLZ KNEE JERK YOLO bit, that's ridiculous to be sure).

I agree with you in that people are biased in this matter but the notion that Lehner needs to work on his game in the minors in most definitely a stretch. He's already starter material at this juncture with room for improvement. He'll be better served in the NHL facing the Spezzas and Karlssons in practice every day and getting extra reps with Wamsley. It seems from an outsiders perspective that the the Sens feel the same way with him getting the bulk of starts right now and Bishop rumoured to be on the block.
Finally. A real response.

First, I'll just say that I never said that Lehner needs to go to the AHL to work on his game. All I said was that that's up to management to decide.

The only reason I'm calling people out, right or wrong, is to point out to others on this board that they're doing the same thing, but in favor of Lehner. Playing devils advocate so to speak.

shootingrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:08 PM
HavlatMach9

I'll tell you their decision. When Anderson returns, Lehner will play in the AHL this season. Next season, Lehner will serve as backup to Anderson. At the moment, the #1 spot is up for grabs between Bishop and Lehner.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:11 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

The coach is giving all the starts of late to Lehner...shows you right there who he thinks is the better goalie.

And btw for all the guys saying he lets in softs goals....Every goalie in the league lets in goals they'd want back.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
I'll tell you their decision. When Anderson returns, Lehner will play in the AHL this season. Next season, Lehner will serve as backup to Anderson.
No, that's what you suspect their decision to be. As do I, might I add.

But to blatantly come out and say that's their decision is a little ridiculous. Unless they've explicitly said this, you have first hand knowledge that none of us have, you're friends with Brian Murray, or you are Brian Murray, then you don't know what their decision is.

shootingrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
starling

so which of those goals was "bad" exactly?

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Rysto

Lehner's waiver exempt. Bishop isn't. It has nothing to do with who they think is better. They're not going to give Bishop away for nothing.

Rysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Mawlrat

I don't really think Lehner was at fault for the first two goals. The team really collapsed and just made really bad plays around him. The clearing attempts all night were horrendous and when the first two goals happened not one player covered the point and it made it is for Tampa to do its work. The third was a weak goal in my opinion from what I could see in the 300 level.

Mawlrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:18 PM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
No, that's what you suspect their decision to be. As do I, might I add.

But to blatantly come out and say that's their decision is a little ridiculous. Unless they've explicitly said this, you have first hand knowledge that none of us have, you're friends with Brian Murray, or you are Brian Murray, then you don't know what their decision is.
Oh come on, isn't ta bit overboard critiquing peoples' conduct already? I think most people are capable of distinguishing hyperbole from 'fact.' Just ease up man.

I'm interested to see where Lehner starts next season, but honestly I'd be quite surprised if it's the AHL.

McFist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 11:19 PM
HavlatMach9

If many suspect what the Sens will do with Lehner and Bishop, and that Lehner and Bishop are backup goalies who are both playing very well, though not as well as Anderson on an injury riddled team, is there really a need for a dedicated thread about Lehner? Talk about a non-story.

Methot stood up for himself, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Lats, and Wiercioch have been awesome recently and Kassian is not McGrattan thankfully. Game got hairy at the end, but oh wells.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:00 AM
McFist
Bryan can beat it

^Good summation. This game would have been a resounding success if not for that miserable third period. Simply put, we were up 4-0 and got complacent. It was a mistake, a learning experience, whatever, but in my mind there isn't a huge need to pick apart every last detail in an anomaly game that we still ended up winning.

In other words, this game doesn't give me 'concerns' about the future, or even this season.

McFist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:08 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootingrubber View Post
Finally. A real response.

First, I'll just say that I never said that Lehner needs to go to the AHL to work on his game. All I said was that that's up to management to decide.

The only reason I'm calling people out, right or wrong, is to point out to others on this board that they're doing the same thing, but in favor of Lehner. Playing devils advocate so to speak.

Finally a reasonable post by you. Lehner has some things he needs to work on... todays game I saw only one goal that was his fault... the third one. Otherwise our D stopped covering and left a player in front on the first two goals. If our team stops playing, one cannot expect our goalie to be superhuman. Anderson would not have gotten those first to goals if we want to draw a direct comparison.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:09 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
^Good summation. This game would have been a resounding success if not for that miserable third period. Simply put, we were up 4-0 and got complacent. It was a mistake, a learning experience, whatever, but in my mind there isn't a huge need to pick apart every last detail in an anomaly game that we still ended up winning.

In other words, this game doesn't give me 'concerns' about the future, or even this season.
After hearing MacLean talk about it, I have no concerns. He will address it.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:46 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

First order of buisness on july 4th has to be to start talking with coaching straff about extending their contracts for 10 years or something.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:20 AM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
so which of those goals was "bad" exactly?
The ones that went in.

I mean Silfverberg even purposely slid out of the way so Lehner could have a better look at Purcell's shot, but he blew it.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Godinster

Guy Boucher fired.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Guess a lot of us were right about 4 early goals from Ottawa being the last straw

Godinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:35 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godinster View Post
Guy Boucher fired.

Guess a lot of us were right about 4 early goals from Ottawa being the last straw
Can't say I watch a heck of a lot of Tampa, but I thought he was generally considered to be a very good coach. Guess not.

They have a pretty talented roster, except for goal. But its hard for a coach to look good if he can't get decent goaltending. Yzerman needs to keep searching for a tender, I don't think the answer is on the roster.Lack of depth at D probably hurts them as wel

EDIT: and looking at the stats, its kinda strange to see a team that is +6 in goal differential sit 14th in the conference. They're still only 5 point out of 8th - odd decision imo (unless SY really wants Ruff and this is his move to get him).

Last edited by OgieO: 03-24-2013 at 08:47 AM.
OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:44 AM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godinster View Post
Guy Boucher fired.

Maybe he's another "Little General"?

Surprised they didn't wait until the end of the year/waited this long.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:57 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
there was talk about veteran players having tuned him out. Looking at tampa's players and reading in between the lines, that pretty much means marty st. louis didnt like him.

03-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Yzerman gambled on Lindback and Garon, it didn't worked and now he's forced to fire his coach.

They also don't have much secondary scoring support. Offense is MSL and Stamkos. The injuries have also hurt then in that aspect.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
He should get rid of Vinny. Trade him to Montreal for something.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:24 PM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
He should get rid of Vinny. Trade him to Montreal for something.
Too bad the Habs dropped Gauthier and Gainey, I could have seen either of them making a run at Lecavalier. Unfortunately, Bergevin seems a little sharper than those two.

Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote