HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 11:15 PM
EbonyRaptor

vCash: 500
Joe Morrow was not the hands down best d-man prospect Pittsburgh had. In fact he might not have been the 2nd best d-man prospect. Reports were that Morrow's progress had not continued this year as they had hoped. So a B+/A- prospect and exchange of 3rd/5th draft pick got Brendan Morrow.

Now the speculation is that Calgary wants 2 prospect and a draft pick for Iginla. Based on what it cost Pittsburgh to get Morrow - Calgary's demand seems reasonable. But, that doesn't mean the team's best prospect, let alone the top 2 prospects.

The Hawks top 2 prospects are Teravainen and Danault (considering Saad no longer a prospect). I hope Bowman considers TT and Danault off limits for trades unless it's a deal too good to be true. Therefore I hope he offers Calgary any two of the other prospects and an exchange of draft picks.

To Chicago: Iginla, Calgary's 3rd

To Calgary: Chicago's 1st, and two prospects from this group: McNeill, Morin, Pirri, Clendening, Johns, J.Hayes

Old
03-24-2013, 11:17 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Hawks + Iginla would be a nightmare

Old
03-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Iginla simply isn't worth the Hawks 1st + 2 quality prospects

Let the Bruins pay that price ,, Iginla wouldn't even play his natural position in Chicago (Kane and Hossa are much better then him at RW)

Old
03-24-2013, 11:19 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Bernier +1st + toffoli is overpayment for Iginla but thats what i ask for if Im the Flames. The Morrow deal was so sad for Pittsburgh.
Why was it so sad? Pittsburgh filled a big need today and didn't have to cave in and give up the two prospects and a first for Iginla. We got a solid second, third line swing guy without giving up a second prospect and still have our first round pick in this draft.

I'm pretty sure Boston isn't going to cave to that demand either. If they do, that system is basically gutted.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Iginla simply isn't worth the Hawks 1st + 2 quality prospects

Let the Bruins pay that price ,, Iginla wouldn't even play his natural position in Chicago (Kane and Hossa are much better then him at RW)
worth is set by the market and seeing what the market showed us today he is indeed worth that.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Kranix

vCash: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
worth is set by the market and seeing what the market showed us today he is indeed worth that.
That doesn't mean anyone will pay it. And they probably won't

Old
03-24-2013, 11:25 PM
dannyj10

I still want to see Iggy come to Pitt. Morrow brought some toughness the top 9 needed. Hopefully Ray tries still for Iggy. Just wanna see Sid and Iggy connect for a game winning cup goal!!

Old
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Comparing everything to Morrow won't get you anywhere. The Bruins will refrain from having to go over the top, Chia's smarter than that. He won't overpay. The Morrow deal was speculation but regardless, it's not comparable. I think the Bruins offer Spooner and a first. If anything more they walk. That's just my opinion.

I was just offering that amount before as a courtesy. I know people can be a bit sensitive. Personally I don't see Iggy fetching a roster player + blue chipper + 1st rounder. That seems a bit much.
He very well could. LA would make sense. Tyfolli and a first is what I heard as starting point. That's fine and maybe it's enough. I just don't know how much more Chia would be willing to offer in comparison, he's been known to be pretty shrewd and if someone asks too much, he says no. Kaberle was an exception as he had some fascination with the guy. Excusable considering we ended up winning it.
Yeah, Pens fans were saying the same thing about Shero prior to today. I seem to recall more than a few posts saying to just look at Shero's prior trading history and see if had overpaid for anything. As though that was reason enough to ensure Shero wasn't going to get desperate.

Bottom line, if a GM thinks his team has a shot to win it all, and there's pressure from higher ups within the organization that suggest he make a move to ensure a deep finish, then anything can happen.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Not really. If I remember correctly Dallas asked for Saad last year and StanBo laughed. If Shero was stupid enough to pay that price it really doesn't set some sort of imaginary barometer that every other trade will be balanced on. That's complete redundancy, like "Bear weather" when the Bears play. Just some figment of imagination like Santa Claus and whatever Shero was that desperate to give it up, it probably made all the other GM;s laugh in a huge conference call after it was announced.

Feaster wants to trade Iggy, he will. If Iggy wants to win a Cup, if I was his agent I would have Feaster calling the Hawks up pronto and kick tires.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:41 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyj10 View Post
I still want to see Iggy come to Pitt. Morrow brought some toughness the top 9 needed. Hopefully Ray tries still for Iggy. Just wanna see Sid and Iggy connect for a game winning cup goal!!

That would be very poor asset management. Iggy to Pittsburgh ain't happening. You give Morrow to Dallas and then presumably two of Maatta, Harrington, Pouliott, Doumillion and a first round pick to Calgary - that would be a major mistake.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:54 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That would be very poor asset management. Iggy to Pittsburgh ain't happening. You give Morrow to Dallas and then presumably two of Maatta, Harrington, Pouliott, Doumillion and a first round pick to Calgary - that would be a major mistake.
I like where Iggy's value is at now.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Ditto.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Really, no matter what Feaster asks for, as a rule a smaller demand=less value! Just another huge mistake by Feaster, allowing Iggy to not be the first big name moved!

Old
03-25-2013, 12:08 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair value from the kings for Iggy?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:10 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair value from the kings for Iggy?
Forbort/Toffoli + Pearson/Vey/Shore + Draft Pick

Old
03-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Really, no matter what Feaster asks for, as a rule a smaller demand=less value! Just another huge mistake by Feaster, allowing Iggy to not be the first big name moved!
Smaller demand matched by smaller supply. Morrow off the market means one less target for teams like the Hawks, Bruins and Kings to go after.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:17 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Forbort/Toffoli + Pearson/Vey/Shore + Draft Pick
7th??? Come on, give me a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Smaller demand matched by smaller supply. Morrow off the market means one less target for teams like the Hawks, Bruins and Kings to go after.
I don't think Morrow was very high on the list of 3 teams. I'm thinking mainly Jagr and Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Boston doesn't have the prospect pool these days to give up what would be required! LA maybe, but he doesn't really fill a need in Chicago,IMO, someone dropped the ball

Old
03-25-2013, 12:20 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Not sure I would if I was a Flames fan. You just say one team rumored to have interest go a different direction. Pittsburgh beat out another team associated with Iggy in Boston which offered a second round pick and one of their top prospects. Boston's farm system isn't strong. They ain't purging half of their top prospects to calgary for Iggy, who could be a rental for them based on cap reasons. IMO, there isn't the bidding war Feaster and Calgary thought there would be and that price will come down. No one wants to give up a first round pick in this draft. Who wants to give up their top two prospects along with that first round pick? Very few.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:22 AM
mich25

Quote:
But those teams could go after cheaper options if the price is ridiculous for Iginla. I don't think the Bruins see Morrow going to Pittsburgh as a huge threat, I think Iginla would have been another story. I can't figure out how Chicago could make Iginla work unless they move salary and I can't see how they would sign him as well without moving salary, so do they move a roster player with how great they have been playing and disrupt the chemistry? Is the market for Iginla really that strong? 3 teams only it seems like, 1 who I can't see making it work, so maybe only 2 teams. A team in the East who probably thinks since they are the only team in the East left with getting Iginla they are at a position of strength if they want him. Also, LA has a ton of RFA/UFA defenseman at the end of the season, does Iginla want to go or sign with a team whose D could be drastically different after this year? Bruins have most of their top and core players locked up for the next 3+ yrs.....I think Feaster drawing this out/waiting until the last minute is not smart.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:23 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:

I don't think Morrow was very high on the list of 3 teams. I'm thinking mainly Jagr and Iginla.
Well obviously the round of the draft pick would be determined by what pieces the Kings were willing to give up.

For example if Toffoli was involved in some capacity you could probably get away with a 2nd this season, if not you Calgary would likely need a 1st in 2014. I simply listed assets that I believe management here would be interested in.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 AM
flameaholic

Quote:
#1.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 AM
mich25

Quote:
Boston doesn't have the prospect pool these days to give up what would be required! LA maybe, but he doesn't really fill a need in Chicago,IMO, someone dropped the ball
Boston has Spooner, Koko, Knight, Caron, Krug, Subban. Not to mention some roster players they could be looking to move to free up cap space next season - such as Peverley or Boychuck. They have a lot to dangle if they have too - but with Pitt out of the picture they may not have to reach too deep.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:26 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Not sure I would if I was a Flames fan. You just say one team rumored to have interest go a different direction. Pittsburgh beat out another team associated with Iggy in Boston which offered a second round pick and one of their top prospects. Boston's farm system isn't strong. They ain't purging half of their top prospects to calgary for Iggy, who could be a rental for them based on cap reasons. IMO, there isn't the bidding war Feaster and Calgary thought there would be and that price will come down. No one wants to give up a first round pick in this draft. Who wants to give up their top two prospects along with that first round pick? Very few.
And that's more than enough. Can Chiarelli afford to sit on his hands while one of his biggest competitors to win the cup get better? Can the Hawks watch the Kings put position themselves to repeat while doing nothing?

Of course not.

Quote:
Sure they do. Spooner and Khokhlachev are terrific prospects.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:32 AM
mich25

Quote:
And that's more than enough. Can Chiarelli afford to sit on his hands while one of his biggest competitors to win the cup get better? Can the Hawks watch the Kings put position themselves to repeat while doing nothing?

Of course not.

Sure they do. Spooner and Khokhlachev are terrific prospects.
Chiarelli will make a move, but Morrow going to Pitt I don't think is a huge threat to the Bruins causing them to respond with a big move. Iginla is still obviously attractive due to Boston's recent struggles though and could be the answer to many of their problems (scoring, power play), not to mention the leadership/veteran presence he could bring to the Boston's young forward group. I think he would be an excellent fit on the Bruins and what they could really use right now, but they won't break bank for him. I think they will offer something very fair though and put together a good offer, and they could easily.

Closed Thread