HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors 2013 Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Richie10

vCash: 500
Question: would you trade Forbort, Toffoli, and a high pick for another Cup this year?

Old
03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Whiskeypete

im DL i make an offer with the only guys not on the table are VV and Forbort.

VV for obvious reasons.

Forbort because LA doesn't have much else that is going to fit into the role of traditional stay at home guy down the road. right now it's Greene and likely Ellerby, but the system is thin in this department

Erikkson is 27 and still has 2 years left on his $4.25M contract each season. great two way player, with very good skill set offensively.

roster something like this dramatically improves the team top to bottom

Eriksson - Kopitar - JW
DB - Richards - Carter
Penner - Stoll - Lewis
King - Fraser - Nolan

or

Erikkson - Kopi - DB
Carter - Richie - JW
Penner - Stoll - Lewis
King - Fraser - Nolan

the top 6 overall is now loaded with talent and all play a strong two way game. the 3rd line has some ability. the 4th line becomes an absolute grind line, working the opposition down.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Question: would you trade Forbort, Toffoli, and a high pick for another Cup this year?
Of course. And Bernier too. It doesn't work like that though.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:53 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Sure, do you have a crystal ball that we don't know about?

Old
03-24-2013, 10:58 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post

Now there are reports that DAL is possibly looking at moving Eriksson. I would rather see LA make a move for Louie E, than go for an over the hill Iginla. He is signed through 2015-16 and at $4.25M, which fits in now. With Gagne and Penner off after this season that salary would fit. Hell Penner's salary almost pays for it all.
With the cap dropping by almost $6 million and Quick contract extension kicking in, we'll have $10 million less in cap space right there. Eriksson doesn't fit as easily as it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
They will probably want Toffoli, Forbort, and a first
Agreed. Maybe drop Toffoli or Forbort and insert Lewis and a 2nd, but yeah, something pretty close to that.

Quote:
If it would guarantee us a cup, yes. I'd trade the whole team for a guaranteed cup.

It doesn't guarantee us a cup though. At most, it gurantees us a slightly better chance at the cup. And for that, no, I wouldn't give up Forbort, Toffoli and a high pick.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Would be awesome if we get Eriksson but it's gonna take an overpayment.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:02 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
No, we'd be giving up too much in futures for another shot. Were still good enough now to win it again without moving that much to repeat.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Would be awesome if we get Eriksson but it's gonna take an overpayment.

an overpayment for Eriksson makes more sense than one for Iggy.

27 fwd in his prime, signed for two more years

or a

36 fwd past his prime and UFA in a few months

doesn't take a genius to figure that one out

Old
03-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Ollie Weeks

If we were to consider Iginla as an asset beyond the season, we run into cap problems fast. Even if he were to resign at say 5 million a season, we've got strong potential for trouble. As a rental he works no problem but beyond that...

On the other hand, Eriksson is the sort of situation DL hunts for, if it has any legs to it. I would endorse that move wholeheartedly.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:40 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Don't know how I feel about getting Iginla overall. He turned 36 over the offseason, and will want a multi-year deal, and will get it. As fit and healthy as he is, it is still a gamble, not to mention our offense, as is, should be highly effective. Toffoli is set to assume a similar role as well. Would feel more comfortable going after a top 4 defenseman. Wouldn't complain at all to get Iginla though. He is the best luxury we could possibly get.
No worries mate. Jagr, Selanne and Whitney all in their 40s and still going strong. Two year extension is definitely doable.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Assuming that Iggy wants 5M or less to re-sign, I would prefer Iggy over Eriksson. I just think for around same amount of money, Iggy would be a better fit and brings more to the table.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Nevermind: Eriksson is a Larry Brooks wishful thinking rumor.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:05 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
No worries mate. Jagr, Selanne and Whitney all in their 40s and still going strong. Two year extension is definitely doable.
That's 3 players out of how many?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:10 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
That's 3 players out of how many?
Don't know, you tell me. But I'm thinking it's a fairly low number.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:34 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Kozun, forbort and a 3rd wouldn't be get it done?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If we are trading Bernier, then we probably would only need to add a prospect and maybe a low pick. Boston and Chicago can't add a goaltender like Bernier, so we do have a pretty good chip when dealing with Calgary. The problem is, do we want to send Bernier to Calgary for Iginla when we might be able to deal him elsewhere for an asset we truly need, perhaps a younger, or even signed one? I am sure Dean is looking at far more offers than just Iginla, and there has got to be a lot of different possibilities with Bernier. Iginla is a depreciating asset, better make the most of Bernier while is stock is through the roof.

Quote:
Of course, if only we could guarantee it... For Iginla? Hell no. I'd part with such a package for a proven legit core winger, that would be apart of many cup runs, signed to a good deal or RFA, since that is such a limited window, I would chalk it up to not likely Especially given that that is what our exact hopes are for Toffoli.

Quote:
It is still a gamble with his age. I would have no problems giving him a deal in the offseason, I am not overly concerned with Iginla's fitness levels, but if you are giving up major assets, it could prove a costly maneuver that could bite you in the back. He isn't playing a position he are in dire need of, so it would be a luxury that would mostly satisfy Sutter's wants, but not the team's. Need defense more than anything.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
03-25-2013, 12:40 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Kozun, forbort and a 3rd wouldn't be get it done?
I'm unclear if you are talking about Iginla or Eriksson, but in both cases, no.

Kozun doesn't hold much value outside of the Kings organization, and a 3rd isn't much of a chip at the trade deadline. Picks have no lower value than they do at the trade deadline. Forbort is nice, but he's not even as valueable as Joe Morrow IMO, and he only fetched Brendan Morrow, not Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:41 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Don't know, you tell me. But I'm thinking it's a fairly low number.
Yeah, it's a low number because most players are retired by then. Therefore, saying that Iginla will be effective into his 40's is a long shot.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:46 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Yeah, it's a low number because most players are retired by then. Therefore, saying that Iginla will be effective into his 40's is a long shot.
Maybe your abacus is low on battery, but according to mine, 35 (his current age) +2 yr (which is what I proposed) = 37 not 40.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:48 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Maybe your abacus is low on battery, but according to mine, 35 (his current age) +2 yr (which is what I proposed) = 37 not 40.
Well either you want to slice it, there's not a whole lot of 37 year olds producing on a first or second line on an above average NHL team. Not to mention a 35+ contract you are locked into for the cap hit regardless of what happens. He could die (literally) and you have that cap hit.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:53 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Well either you want to slice it, there's not a whole lot of 37 year olds producing on a first or second line on an above average NHL team. Not to mention a 35+ contract you are locked into for the cap hit regardless of what happens. He could die (literally) and you have that cap hit.
Not worried about his age or his possible pending death apparently.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 AM
funky

Eriksson has 3 years after this left after this. He has size, plays two ways, and can score. He plays a position we are very weak at. He plays at just under a ppg pace.

I would give up Toffoli in a heart beat for him, Forbert or AMart and next years 1st as well. These guys do not grow on trees, never come up in there prime. He is battle tested and proven. We have our only LW coing up for free agency year after next in Brown who at 3.175 will get one heck of a raise. I hate to say it but with Eriksson in camp it makes the loss of Brown (if we have to for cap reasons) more tolerable.

We have a long term core signed - Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Doughty and Quick. They all get paid well and take up 30.6 mil together but no one can be looked at as having a bad contract compared to what Getzlaf, Staal, etc are getting. Adding another top line piece signed for this year and 3 more for 4 millin a year is good in a cap world. What will Browns worth be? 5 mil plus?

Hell if Voynov wants over 5 mil a year, he would someone I would consider trading him.

But after all this, I doubt there is anyway in hell that Dallas trades him!

Old
03-25-2013, 01:02 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Not worried about his age or his possible pending death apparently.
When a player is 36 this off-season and you're talking about giving him a multi-year extension, you should be. Look at Willie Mitchell.

And the death comment was just to show how far that cap hit can be binding, no need to be a smartass.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:05 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Eriksson has 3 years after this left after this. He has size, plays two ways, and can score. He plays a position we are very weak at. He plays at just under a ppg pace.

I would give up Toffoli in a heart beat for him, Forbert or AMart and next years 1st as well. These guys do not grow on trees, never come up in there prime. He is battle tested and proven. We have our only LW coing up for free agency year after next in Brown who at 3.175 will get one heck of a raise. I hate to say it but with Eriksson in camp it makes the loss of Brown (if we have to for cap reasons) more tolerable.

We have a long term core signed - Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Doughty and Quick. They all get paid well and take up 30.6 mil together but no one can be looked at as having a bad contract compared to what Getzlaf, Staal, etc are getting. Adding another top line piece signed for this year and 3 more for 4 millin a year is good in a cap world. What will Browns worth be? 5 mil plus?

Hell if Voynov wants over 5 mil a year, he would someone I would consider trading him.

But after all this, I doubt there is anyway in hell that Dallas trades him!
I don't think we'll lose Brown because of cap reason. He'll likely take a hometown discount to make it work. But I do agree, Eriksson is a pipe dream.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:07 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
When a player is 36 this off-season and you're talking about giving him a multi-year extension, you should be. Look at Willie Mitchell.

And the death comment was just to show how far that cap hit can be binding, no need to be a smartass.
For every Willie Mitchell, there's a Teemu Selanne, so, no, I don't share your view. As for the smartass comment, it was more of me just having fun, but hey, it is what it is.

Closed Thread