HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair value from the kings for Iggy?
I laid that comment down as it was someone who didn't like Iginla at the TK + Mattaa + 1st now saying Iggy should get much more.

Honestly no idea what it would take from the Kings I'm sure i they have a deal in place for Kipper. Bernier's name would come up, and the King's don't have a 1st round pick to offer (this draft) so I would think Calgary would be asking for their top prospect (toffoli) or 2012 first (pearson).

I just haven't seen the kings enough this year to know what they have/need

Old
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Well obviously the round of the draft pick would be determined by what pieces the Kings were willing to give up.

For example if Toffoli was involved in some capacity you could probably get away with a 2nd this season, if not you Calgary would likely need a 1st in 2014. I simply listed assets that I believe management here would be interested in.
I wouldn't come close to making such a deal, but I can see Lombardi moving Toffoli and another prospect, but I don't see a high draft pick. If anything, I see you guys giving us a conditional 2nd pick if we don't re-sign Iggy.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:37 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
I laid that comment down as it was someone who didn't like Iginla at the TK + Mattaa + 1st now saying Iggy should get much more.

Honestly no idea what it would take from the Kings I'm sure i they have a deal in place for Kipper. Bernier's name would come up, and the King's don't have a 1st round pick to offer (this draft) so I would think Calgary would be asking for their top prospect (toffoli) or 2012 first (pearson).

I just haven't seen the kings enough this year to know what they have/need
Believe it or not, Kipper would have a negative value to the kings as Quick's backup making almost 6M. So, let's just put a stop to Kipper coming to the kings because that just isn't going to happen.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Eennad142

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
And that's more than enough. Can Chiarelli afford to sit on his hands while one of his biggest competitors to win the cup get better? Can the Hawks watch the Kings put position themselves to repeat while doing nothing? Of course not.
Boston is nowhere near to desparation mode. They have a decent club. Right now, they need to tinker/upgrade with their third line. They are waiting on top forward in Sweden, Carl Soderberg, to finish playoffs and join roster. Jagr is a definite alternative trade move. So, yes, Chiarelli can afford to wait; he usually does anyway.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
SaintAnton

vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Believe it or not, Kipper would have a negative value to the kings as Quick's backup making almost 6M. So, let's just put a stop to Kipper coming to the kings because that just isn't going to happen.
Didn't mean for that to come off as Kipper to the Kings basically if Miikka goes to any team Bernier would become that much bigger for us. Other side of that is with the amnesty buyout Kipper would likely just be your playoff backup as it would just cost 1.5 to get rid of his final year.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:48 PM
SEALBound

Penguins are gonna send TK and Jeffrey and a 2nd for Iggy. I just see something like that going down.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:48 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Didn't mean for that to come off as Kipper to the Kings basically if Miikka goes to any team Bernier would become that much bigger for us. Other side of that is with the amnesty buyout Kipper would likely just be your playoff backup as it would just cost 1.5 to get rid of his final year.
You are correct sir. I forgot all about the amnesty buyout as an option.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
herashak

vCash: 50
LA- Iginla for toffoli + top 4 defense prospect (muzzin) + 3rd round (2nd if he stays in LA/ makes it to stanley cup)

Maybe add a later round pick (5th) regardless if iggy stays becuase it might be a very steep price this year to acquire him.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:06 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Penguins are gonna send TK and Jeffrey and a 2nd for Iggy. I just see something like that going down.
haha.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:11 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
i really doubt that, but i would drive Kennedy and Jeffrey to the airport if that happened.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:13 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
I don't think an amnesty buyout can be used for a player acquired after the CBA was signed. In other words Calgary can use one of their two amnesty buyouts on Kipper, but if LA acquired Kipper in a trade, they would not be able to use an amnesty buyout on him.

I could be wrong on that - someone with better knowledge of the new CBA please correct that if I'm wrong.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Richie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
LA- Iginla for toffoli + top 4 defense prospect (muzzin) + 3rd round (2nd if he stays in LA/ makes it to stanley cup)

Maybe add a later round pick (5th) regardless if iggy stays becuase it might be a very steep price this year to acquire him.
That's massive overpayment. Toffoli is a top forward prospect and Muzzin is piling up a lot of points in the NHL as a rookie defenseman. Way too much.

Most I see Lombardi giving up is Vey, Forbort, and a mid pick, higher if he resigns. But that's an issue because we're right up against the cap.

This all depends on how hard Sutter pushes Dean to get Iginla. If Sutter convinces Dean that with Iginla the Kings will repeat, Dean will pull the trigger. If he's not convinced, expect lowball offers out of LA

Old
03-25-2013, 12:48 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Yea that will probably get you a Iggy poster.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yea that will probably get you a Iggy poster.
If it's signed it might not be a bad deal.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
That's massive overpayment. Toffoli is a top forward prospect and Muzzin is piling up a lot of points in the NHL as a rookie defenseman. Way too much.

Most I see Lombardi giving up is Vey, Forbort, and a mid pick, higher if he resigns. But that's an issue because we're right up against the cap.

This all depends on how hard Sutter pushes Dean to get Iginla. If Sutter convinces Dean that with Iginla the Kings will repeat, Dean will pull the trigger. If he's not convinced, expect lowball offers out of LA
I probably woudn't cry if the return was Vey, Forbort and a 2nd.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:59 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
If it's signed it might not be a bad deal.
Sure I guess I can sign it

Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

So Feaster will be the one to go down in Flames history as the one who traded Iginla. Wonder if that will be a legacy he'll want to live down.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:17 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So Feaster will be the one to go down in Flames history as the one who traded Iginla. Wonder if that will be a legacy he'll want to live down.
Some fans believe Feaster has a short leash and ownership is looking for a reason to replace him with Burke, it would make for the perfect scape goat.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Parise9Crosby87

you think the pens will still go for him

Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
Quote:
Some fans believe Feaster has a short leash and ownership is looking for a reason to replace him with Burke, it would make for the perfect scape goat.
Wtf really?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Some as in who lol?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:24 AM
TerminatorBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
IMO If this were two years ago or even last year it would have been easier for Flames fans to swallow since the return would have been way better...now they will be lucky to get a late 1st and a mid level prospect.

If I were a Flames fan I would be pissed.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:25 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Some as in who lol?
Several of the Flames fans here. I don't think it is true but a fun theory.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:28 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
you think the pens will still go for him
Look at his list dude. Look at it.

Pittsburgh, Boston
LA, Chicago

Source

This is a full on orchestration in order to create a classic bidding war. Penguin fans laugh and scoff at the high price but guess what, someone's gonna pay it and that someone will likely be a team that your team is gonna have to go through to win the cup. So now the question goes from, "Do we really need another LW hohumm ehhh ngghhh" to "Do we really want to face a super-rental in Iginla in the playoffs?"

So? Do you? If not, then pony up the dough and get him before one of those 4 likely candidates to win the cup gets him.

It's really that simple.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:34 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
IMO If this were two years ago or even last year it would have been easier for Flames fans to swallow since the return would have been way better...now they will be lucky to get a late 1st and a mid level prospect.

If I were a Flames fan I would be pissed.
Last year on HF, Iginla makes to much next year to be worth anything, this year this should have traded him last year

Closed Thread