HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
  #826
SaintAnton
Registered User
 
SaintAnton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what do you think would be a fair value from the kings for Iggy?
I laid that comment down as it was someone who didn't like Iginla at the TK + Mattaa + 1st now saying Iggy should get much more.

Honestly no idea what it would take from the Kings I'm sure i they have a deal in place for Kipper. Bernier's name would come up, and the King's don't have a 1st round pick to offer (this draft) so I would think Calgary would be asking for their top prospect (toffoli) or 2012 first (pearson).

I just haven't seen the kings enough this year to know what they have/need

SaintAnton is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
  #827
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Well obviously the round of the draft pick would be determined by what pieces the Kings were willing to give up.

For example if Toffoli was involved in some capacity you could probably get away with a 2nd this season, if not you Calgary would likely need a 1st in 2014. I simply listed assets that I believe management here would be interested in.
I wouldn't come close to making such a deal, but I can see Lombardi moving Toffoli and another prospect, but I don't see a high draft pick. If anything, I see you guys giving us a conditional 2nd pick if we don't re-sign Iggy.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:37 PM
  #828
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
I laid that comment down as it was someone who didn't like Iginla at the TK + Mattaa + 1st now saying Iggy should get much more.

Honestly no idea what it would take from the Kings I'm sure i they have a deal in place for Kipper. Bernier's name would come up, and the King's don't have a 1st round pick to offer (this draft) so I would think Calgary would be asking for their top prospect (toffoli) or 2012 first (pearson).

I just haven't seen the kings enough this year to know what they have/need
Believe it or not, Kipper would have a negative value to the kings as Quick's backup making almost 6M. So, let's just put a stop to Kipper coming to the kings because that just isn't going to happen.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:42 PM
  #829
Eennad142
Registered User
 
Eennad142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
And that's more than enough. Can Chiarelli afford to sit on his hands while one of his biggest competitors to win the cup get better? Can the Hawks watch the Kings put position themselves to repeat while doing nothing? Of course not.
Boston is nowhere near to desparation mode. They have a decent club. Right now, they need to tinker/upgrade with their third line. They are waiting on top forward in Sweden, Carl Soderberg, to finish playoffs and join roster. Jagr is a definite alternative trade move. So, yes, Chiarelli can afford to wait; he usually does anyway.

Eennad142 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
  #830
SaintAnton
Registered User
 
SaintAnton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Believe it or not, Kipper would have a negative value to the kings as Quick's backup making almost 6M. So, let's just put a stop to Kipper coming to the kings because that just isn't going to happen.
Didn't mean for that to come off as Kipper to the Kings basically if Miikka goes to any team Bernier would become that much bigger for us. Other side of that is with the amnesty buyout Kipper would likely just be your playoff backup as it would just cost 1.5 to get rid of his final year.

SaintAnton is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:48 PM
  #831
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,125
vCash: 500
Penguins are gonna send TK and Jeffrey and a 2nd for Iggy. I just see something like that going down.

SEALBound is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:48 PM
  #832
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Didn't mean for that to come off as Kipper to the Kings basically if Miikka goes to any team Bernier would become that much bigger for us. Other side of that is with the amnesty buyout Kipper would likely just be your playoff backup as it would just cost 1.5 to get rid of his final year.
You are correct sir. I forgot all about the amnesty buyout as an option.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:04 AM
  #833
herashak
Registered User
 
herashak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 50
LA- Iginla for toffoli + top 4 defense prospect (muzzin) + 3rd round (2nd if he stays in LA/ makes it to stanley cup)

Maybe add a later round pick (5th) regardless if iggy stays becuase it might be a very steep price this year to acquire him.

herashak is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:06 AM
  #834
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Penguins are gonna send TK and Jeffrey and a 2nd for Iggy. I just see something like that going down.
haha.

BigBenSF* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:11 AM
  #835
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Penguins are gonna send TK and Jeffrey and a 2nd for Iggy. I just see something like that going down.
i really doubt that, but i would drive Kennedy and Jeffrey to the airport if that happened.

domaug* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:13 AM
  #836
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Didn't mean for that to come off as Kipper to the Kings basically if Miikka goes to any team Bernier would become that much bigger for us. Other side of that is with the amnesty buyout Kipper would likely just be your playoff backup as it would just cost 1.5 to get rid of his final year.
I don't think an amnesty buyout can be used for a player acquired after the CBA was signed. In other words Calgary can use one of their two amnesty buyouts on Kipper, but if LA acquired Kipper in a trade, they would not be able to use an amnesty buyout on him.

I could be wrong on that - someone with better knowledge of the new CBA please correct that if I'm wrong.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 AM
  #837
Richie10
Registered User
 
Richie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by herashak View Post
LA- Iginla for toffoli + top 4 defense prospect (muzzin) + 3rd round (2nd if he stays in LA/ makes it to stanley cup)

Maybe add a later round pick (5th) regardless if iggy stays becuase it might be a very steep price this year to acquire him.
That's massive overpayment. Toffoli is a top forward prospect and Muzzin is piling up a lot of points in the NHL as a rookie defenseman. Way too much.

Most I see Lombardi giving up is Vey, Forbort, and a mid pick, higher if he resigns. But that's an issue because we're right up against the cap.

This all depends on how hard Sutter pushes Dean to get Iginla. If Sutter convinces Dean that with Iginla the Kings will repeat, Dean will pull the trigger. If he's not convinced, expect lowball offers out of LA

Richie10 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:48 AM
  #838
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Penguins are gonna send TK and Jeffrey and a 2nd for Iggy. I just see something like that going down.
Yea that will probably get you a Iggy poster.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:52 AM
  #839
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yea that will probably get you a Iggy poster.
If it's signed it might not be a bad deal.

Shellz is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:55 AM
  #840
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,817
vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
That's massive overpayment. Toffoli is a top forward prospect and Muzzin is piling up a lot of points in the NHL as a rookie defenseman. Way too much.

Most I see Lombardi giving up is Vey, Forbort, and a mid pick, higher if he resigns. But that's an issue because we're right up against the cap.

This all depends on how hard Sutter pushes Dean to get Iginla. If Sutter convinces Dean that with Iginla the Kings will repeat, Dean will pull the trigger. If he's not convinced, expect lowball offers out of LA
I probably woudn't cry if the return was Vey, Forbort and a 2nd.

SmellOfVictory is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:59 AM
  #841
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
If it's signed it might not be a bad deal.
Sure I guess I can sign it

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 AM
  #842
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,751
vCash: 500
So Feaster will be the one to go down in Flames history as the one who traded Iginla. Wonder if that will be a legacy he'll want to live down.

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:17 AM
  #843
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So Feaster will be the one to go down in Flames history as the one who traded Iginla. Wonder if that will be a legacy he'll want to live down.
Some fans believe Feaster has a short leash and ownership is looking for a reason to replace him with Burke, it would make for the perfect scape goat.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:20 AM
  #844
Parise9Crosby87
Registered User
 
Parise9Crosby87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: boca raton florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
you think the pens will still go for him

Parise9Crosby87 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 AM
  #845
DBU
Gotta Go Fast
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,804
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Some fans believe Feaster has a short leash and ownership is looking for a reason to replace him with Burke, it would make for the perfect scape goat.
Wtf really?

DBU is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 AM
  #846
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,572
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Some fans believe Feaster has a short leash and ownership is looking for a reason to replace him with Burke, it would make for the perfect scape goat.
Some as in who lol?

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:24 AM
  #847
TerminatorBlue
Registered User
 
TerminatorBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
So Feaster will be the one to go down in Flames history as the one who traded Iginla. Wonder if that will be a legacy he'll want to live down.
IMO If this were two years ago or even last year it would have been easier for Flames fans to swallow since the return would have been way better...now they will be lucky to get a late 1st and a mid level prospect.

If I were a Flames fan I would be pissed.

TerminatorBlue is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:25 AM
  #848
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Some as in who lol?
Several of the Flames fans here. I don't think it is true but a fun theory.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:28 AM
  #849
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
you think the pens will still go for him
Look at his list dude. Look at it.

Pittsburgh, Boston
LA, Chicago

Source

This is a full on orchestration in order to create a classic bidding war. Penguin fans laugh and scoff at the high price but guess what, someone's gonna pay it and that someone will likely be a team that your team is gonna have to go through to win the cup. So now the question goes from, "Do we really need another LW hohumm ehhh ngghhh" to "Do we really want to face a super-rental in Iginla in the playoffs?"

So? Do you? If not, then pony up the dough and get him before one of those 4 likely candidates to win the cup gets him.

It's really that simple.

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:34 AM
  #850
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
IMO If this were two years ago or even last year it would have been easier for Flames fans to swallow since the return would have been way better...now they will be lucky to get a late 1st and a mid level prospect.

If I were a Flames fan I would be pissed.
Last year on HF, Iginla makes to much next year to be worth anything, this year this should have traded him last year

TheHudlinator is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.