Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets escape turbulence and hold on for 3-2 Win

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
^ Yeah, I'd like to know that as well, specifically Wheeler's goalie interference. At first glance it looked like a flop that would've made Bill Laimbeer proud.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Diatidialga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
A couple of quick questions, haven't read the GDT. Did the broadcast team give any possible reasoning behind not giving TB a penalty when that guy ran over Pavs? It didn't look like any of our guys was even close to him to knock him into Pavs, so I really can't believe that wasn't called. Second question related to the first, was Wheelers goalie interference a good call or a bad one? On the replay, it sure looked like TB's goalie deserved an Oscar, but it was a bit of a funny camera angle, so I'm not 100% sure.
I can answer this considering I was behind the South Goal, it was a gigantic flop in my opinion, Wheels barely touched him

Old
03-25-2013, 12:13 AM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
lol, someone beat me to it. i was going to ask if you were that guy, too.

so if i ever made it up to Winnipeg, would i be chastised for wearing my Buff Thrashers jersey? some Jets fans at the game here last year didn't treat me too kindly.
Any Jets fan that has a problem seeing a Thrashers jersey needs their head examined. I'd be disappointed if you didn't wear it. If anything, it shows you were a fan of this team long before any of us were.

Now a Coyotes jersey, that's a different story

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
A couple of quick questions, haven't read the GDT. Did the broadcast team give any possible reasoning behind not giving TB a penalty when that guy ran over Pavs? It didn't look like any of our guys was even close to him to knock him into Pavs, so I really can't believe that wasn't called. Second question related to the first, was Wheelers goalie interference a good call or a bad one? On the replay, it sure looked like TB's goalie deserved an Oscar, but it was a bit of a funny camera angle, so I'm not 100% sure.
The Tampa player did get pushed a bit - questionable. Could have went either way, but he certainly didn't do much to keep from going *** over tea kettle over Pavs. On the Wheeler hit, he did hit him, but there was a pretty darned good sales job on it, with a full head-snap after the contact that ended up throwing his mask off.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:17 AM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

It looked like Wheeler only made contact in the feet area.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Wheels did make contact - shoulder on mask - a little bit, but as soon as Desjardins felt it he flopped and threw his mask off. Total crap.

Him and Mike Smith must chat about their techniques.

03-25-2013, 12:23 AM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Y'know, for Jets 1.0 I was in that boat. Struggling to find cash and that's back when 7-11 was selling seats and you could get upper deck otherwise for maybe $20 and then sneak down to the 100s. It sucked, but given how the "adult" life is some 20+ years later sometimes, I'll take the university life and partying over being able to afford seasons.

All things in time.
Oh i agree.

Oddly enough my dad has told me many a story of how they use to buy 7-11 seats all the time and move down...glory days, lol.

I too will take university life over the Jets, hopefully i can break free a bit and meet new people, not strike out in the female department (not that i tried)

Maybe it'll even be like a buddy of mine who got has like 3 or 4 different hook-ups for Jet games through school

Old
03-25-2013, 12:59 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I did zone entries (I got the idea in the first period so this is only for 2nd and 3rd period)

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/winni...-bay-lightning

Yay! Hopefully soon to be an ongoing, regular thing.

PS Kane = beast

Last edited by garret9: 03-25-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:41 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Mighty fine to see Toby and Buff back together! And Little was beasting this game, which is always nice to see.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:23 AM
blueandgoldguy

Go Jets Go!

Have to beat Carolina on Tues because Pitts. will be a loss on Thurs.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:50 AM
rehf
Sky isn't falling!

I really enjoyed the game. I thought Enstrom was great --- a bit rusty, but to be expected. Was REALLY happy to see him score, him and Buff just mesh so well together and it seems they have this natural bromance, love it!

Little also beasting tonight, great to see him finally score. Now keep it up!

Pavelec once again played very solid, I want to give him a break and let Montoya start a game, but he just seems to play well no matter what lately....

Looking forward to the Carolina games, both teams know how important these are.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:03 AM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

The Jets certainly could've played better - there were some brutal attempts at clearing the zone, and the work behind the goal-line was shaky at best sometimes, but Pavelec had the type of game he needs to have. He made the saves he needed to make. You could fault him slightly on the second goal, but the snipe from Stamkos was screened by Clitsome, at least once I saw the replay.

The five man unit of LLW and B&E has great chemistry - that's how a powerplay should look.

Tangradi, Miettinen and Postma played well. Postma was noticeable by his invisibility, which means I didn't see any really horrible gaffes or free pizzas. Miettinen is snakebit - he played well, had a couple of beauty chances, and should've scored on Kane's feed.

If the Jets bring that game against the 'Canes, they should be able to win both.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:35 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

You think that beautiful pass by Kane to Mittens was on purpose? Still can't believe how perfect that feed was.

Regarding getting Montoya into a game: I'll bet Pavelec gets the two Carolina games, and they throw Montoya to the wolves against Pittsburgh. Thoughts?

Old
03-25-2013, 07:44 AM
hockeyarena

Can anyone make a meme of Claude's creepy post-game presser smile? MAN was that funny.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:22 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Glad we are back rolling again and toby is manning the PP

will have to watch the Noel's presser today, sounds like it was an entertaining one!

Old
03-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Really happy to get the win, obviously. But I can't help but be a bit baffled as to why this group cannot begin games with the right approach. I just don't get it. Is it the players? the Coach? both? why is this happening, especially after 2 bad games where there should be enough motivation to turn the tide here at home. It is very concerning. I am questioning both the players as professionals and Noel as a professional head coach, at this point. Both sides can say the right things but there comes a time where you need to put your play where your mouth is.

Again, glad we got the win, that's what counts! These games vs. Carolina coming up are big, big, BIG. We pissed away important points to Washington, we cannot do the same to Carolina in the coming week.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:44 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I did zone entries (I got the idea in the first period so this is only for 2nd and 3rd period)

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/winni...-bay-lightning

Yay! Hopefully soon to be an ongoing, regular thing.

PS Kane = beast
The Kane thing is no surprise. That Kane-Olli-Mittens lines seems to struggle to keep their head above water until they chip the puck to Kane for a breakout.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
That was something else. I'm not sure if he even knew where Mittens was, even if he didn't, you couldn't have threaded a pass much more accurately than that.
Gotta give some credit to Mittens, because maybe he didn't. Mittens has been playing decently of late, driving to the net, getting into scoring positions. Jumping in to create two-on-ones. Too bad he has zero finishing touch right now! The only two-on-one that ended up being a goal was when Kane fired a wrister a few weeks ago and didn't even think of passing to him. But Mitts was right there along side him on the rush, and that counts for something.

Nice to see Kane trying to distribute the puck more, bodes well for the future.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:58 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMonty View Post
The Jets certainly could've played better - there were some brutal attempts at clearing the zone, and the work behind the goal-line was shaky at best sometimes, but Pavelec had the type of game he needs to have. He made the saves he needed to make. You could fault him slightly on the second goal, but the snipe from Stamkos was screened by Clitsome, at least once I saw the replay.

The five man unit of LLW and B&E has great chemistry - that's how a powerplay should look.

Tangradi, Miettinen and Postma played well. Postma was noticeable by his invisibility, which means I didn't see any really horrible gaffes or free pizzas. Miettinen is snakebit - he played well, had a couple of beauty chances, and should've scored on Kane's feed.

If the Jets bring that game against the 'Canes, they should be able to win both.
Mittens isn't snake bit, he just isn't much of a finisher.

He scores on 9.6% of his shot attempts over his career and a lot of those attempts were prime feeds from M. Koivu.

He is far above his career shooting % this season with 2 goals on 13 shots.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Gotta give some credit to Mittens, because maybe he didn't. Mittens has been playing decently of late, driving to the net, getting into scoring positions. Jumping in to create two-on-ones. Too bad he has zero finishing touch right now! The only two-on-one that ended up being a goal was when Kane fired a wrister a few weeks ago and didn't even think of passing to him. But Mitts was right there along side him on the rush, and that counts for something.

Haha. I've been watching Miettinen since he was with Minnesota, trust me, he rarely if ever shows finishing touch.

Definitely agree that he's been playing better and getting into position for good scoring chances, but I just hate seeing him in an offensive role alongside Kane. That's really not his game.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:14 AM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post

Right now, Auntie couldn't put the puck in the ocean if he was on a life raft in the middle of it. I'm sure it will start going in for him sooner or later, but all I know is... if Mittens was to get a breakaway on an empty net, I couldn't watch, because somehow it will end badly.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
I feel sorry for you smart Jet fans who get lumped in with the braindead zombies who phone in to the post game show.

To get a job in sports journalism do all i have to do is be able to outwit these loons? Because i can assure you i wouldn't be proposing trading half the farm team for Jarome Iginla
I think I may have to take an evening and listen to the phone in show. Sounds like it could be quite entertaining

Do the radio personalities, hit back hard and with sarcasm or are they just as bad?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
dcypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarenadotnet View Post
Can anyone make a meme of Claude's creepy post-game presser smile? MAN was that funny.
All Smiles =)

Toby is back!

Old
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
hockeyarena

[QUOTE=dcypher;62354189]All Smiles =)

Yes! Now we need it in gif form

Old
03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Regarding getting Montoya into a game: I'll bet Pavelec gets the two Carolina games, and they throw Montoya to the wolves against Pittsburgh. Thoughts?
Wouldn't mind that at all, Pavs needs to be fresh for those Carolina games. The Pens game, while not meaningless, won't carry the same playoff implications.

Plus I still have bad memories of Pavelec's games in Pittsburgh.

Closed Thread