HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 01:38 AM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Last year on HF, Iginla makes to much next year to be worth anything, this year this should have traded him last year
Pretty much

Old
03-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Kopistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
That's massive overpayment. Toffoli is a top forward prospect and Muzzin is piling up a lot of points in the NHL as a rookie defenseman. Way too much.

Most I see Lombardi giving up is Vey, Forbort, and a mid pick, higher if he resigns. But that's an issue because we're right up against the cap.

This all depends on how hard Sutter pushes Dean to get Iginla. If Sutter convinces Dean that with Iginla the Kings will repeat, Dean will pull the trigger. If he's not convinced, expect lowball offers out of LA
As a Kings fan, I would approve of Forbort, Vey, pick. Hell, I'd throw in Bernier to sweeten the deal.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:42 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Can the Hawks watch the Kings put position themselves to repeat while doing nothing?
The Chicago Blackhawks do not need Iginla since Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa are the top two right wingers on the roster.

If the Chicago Blackhawks were to make a move at the trading deadline, it will be for a center and/or a fourth line left winger.

Last edited by SLarmer28: 03-25-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

If Shero was going to move Joe Morrow then I wish he would have just added whatever Calgary wanted on top of Morrow to get an Iginla deal done. Really bizarre that he let Dallas add to Brendan Morrow by swapping their 3rd for the Pens 5th to get Joe Morrow.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
The Chicago Blackhawks do not need Iginla since Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa are the top two right wingers on the roster.

If the Chicago Blackhawks were to make a move at the trading deadline, it will be for a center and/or a fourth line left winger.
We'd want both of them and your 1st in return anyways, so you'd have plenty of room for Iggy.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
If Shero was going to move Joe Morrow then I wish he would have just added whatever Calgary wanted on top of Morrow to get an Iginla deal done. Really bizarre that he let Dallas add to Brendan Morrow by swapping their 3rd for the Pens 5th to get Joe Morrow.
Guess Morrow wasn't as "untouchable" as you thought hey? All it took was an aging 3rd line rental to get the "untouchable" prospect.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:30 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar View Post
As a Kings fan, I would approve of Forbort, Vey, pick. Hell, I'd throw in Bernier to sweeten the deal.
I'd say Bernier is probably a guy Feaster would want included anyway. The Flames need a guy that is the next #1 after Kipper is done. I could see why the Bruins would be in this as well, Flames would definitely be interested in Subban as a part of the package to land Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Wow hell no to this. Massive over payment. I love Iggy but you don't throw this much at any player who would only be around for another year or 2.

Imo offer bernier so they can trade kipper and still be set in goal and either a prospect OR a 2nd. If they don't bite I would search for a defensemen which imo the Kings need more.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:36 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Guess Morrow wasn't as "untouchable" as you thought hey? All it took was an aging 3rd line rental to get the "untouchable" prospect.
Well last year, Shero basically alluded that Morrow was untouchable at the deadline, this year, you see him at the pro ranks and opinions change, you also add 5 new defense prospects from the draft and via trade and suddenly things look even more different. Pens got a late 2nd out of the deal (basically, it's the Oilers 3rd, their tank job is going to make that a pretty nice 3rd) and Morrow has been the Stars 2nd line winger for most of the year, he's a 3rd liner? A year and a half ago, Morrow scored 30 goals.

As for aging, Kunitz is the same age, I guess he probably can't manage 10pts, oh wait, he has 41 you say? Morrow fits the type of winger the Pens need and want and would do well in Bylsma's system.

In any case, Iginla's value goes way up now because of that trade. Everyone here is going to value a prospect on their team more than the next guy. We have Pens fans that bicker about Pouliot and Maatta all the time, yet I am sure a ton of teams would want one or the other or both. Fact is, Dumoulin was seen as more than Morrow in the AHL and there were some underlying issues that we as fans don't hear until later.

I don't think the Pens realistically had a shot at Iginla anyway, I think Feaster desperately wants a goaltender from the team he negotiates with in the list Igilna has given and LA & Boston allows him to do that, Pens don't have anything that they can offer that they should ever part with (I'm talking Beau Bennett, no way in freaking hell should the Pens move him).

Old
03-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
I'd say Bernier is probably a guy Feaster would want included anyway. The Flames need a guy that is the next #1 after Kipper is done. I could see why the Bruins would be in this as well, Flames would definitely be interested in Subban as a part of the package to land Iginla.
I'd be very interested in Bernier. Not at all interested in Subban. They are not the same player. We have good prospects in Subban's age slot, not in Bernier's. A proposal I'd make to LA would be Bernier, Roach and Vey for Iginla and Butler.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:42 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Well last year, Shero basically alluded that Morrow was untouchable at the deadline, this year, you see him at the pro ranks and opinions change, you also add 5 new defense prospects from the draft and via trade and suddenly things look even more different. Pens got a late 2nd out of the deal (basically, it's the Oilers 3rd, their tank job is going to make that a pretty nice 3rd) and Morrow has been the Stars 2nd line winger for most of the year, he's a 3rd liner? A year and a half ago, Morrow scored 30 goals.

As for aging, Kunitz is the same age, I guess he probably can't manage 10pts, oh wait, he has 41 you say? Morrow fits the type of winger the Pens need and want and would do well in Bylsma's system.

In any case, Iginla's value goes way up now because of that trade. Everyone here is going to value a prospect on their team more than the next guy. We have Pens fans that bicker about Pouliot and Maatta all the time, yet I am sure a ton of teams would want one or the other or both. Fact is, Dumoulin was seen as more than Morrow in the AHL and there were some underlying issues that we as fans don't hear until later.

I don't think the Pens realistically had a shot at Iginla anyway, I think Feaster desperately wants a goaltender from the team he negotiates with in the list Igilna has given and LA & Boston allows him to do that, Pens don't have anything that they can offer that they should ever part with (I'm talking Beau Bennett, no way in freaking hell should the Pens move him).
Last year he had 11 goals. He's getting older. A year and a half ago Iginla has 43 goals playing with scrubs. He's not going to get 43 again unless he plays with elite players. Morrow will be better with the Pens, but he's not the player he was. I don't think Feaster is desperate to get a goaltender at all. If you've ever listened to him talk about goaltending in the future, he sees Ramo as that solution. I disagree personally, or at least think it's far less likely then he seems to.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:48 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
I'd be very interested in Bernier. Not at all interested in Subban. They are not the same player. We have good prospects in Subban's age slot, not in Bernier's. A proposal I'd make to LA would be Bernier, Roach and Vey for Iginla and Butler.
I think the Kings would probably be looking at Giordano. Looking at their cap situation next year, they can afford it. It would also make their defense much stronger in the long run even if they lose Iginla after the season. I think if that happens though, the Kings 1st in 2014 would be included and a better prospect than Roach would be involved.

Bernier, Shore, Vey/Kozun + 1st for Iginla, Giordano, and a mid-late pick.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:48 AM
Winger23

Just an honest question, but given how iggy gets to choose where to go, and has a very short list of teams cause his value to increase much? Assuming pitt is out of it I highly dought the 3 teams left are going to give as much as some of these proposals.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:50 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Last year he had 11 goals. He's getting older. A year and a half ago Iginla has 43 goals playing with scrubs. He's not going to get 43 again unless he plays with elite players. Morrow will be better with the Pens, but he's not the player he was. I don't think Feaster is desperate to get a goaltender at all. If you've ever listened to him talk about goaltending in the future, he sees Ramo as that solution. I disagree personally, or at least think it's far less likely then he seems to.
Morrow is also going to a team where he has a shot to play with Malkin or Crosby or at worst, Brandon Sutter. Also, he's going from a team that has no clue how to mini-rebuild or rebuild at all and is coming to a legit contender. If you are at that age and have that opportunity, you go balls to the wall and make the most of it. I see Brenden as that type of guy.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:51 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
I think the Kings would probably be looking at Giordano. Looking at their cap situation next year, they can afford it. It would also make their defense much stronger in the long run even if they lose Iginla after the season. I think if that happens though, the Kings 1st in 2014 would be included and a better prospect than Roach would be involved.

Bernier, Shore, Vey/Kozun + 1st for Iginla, Giordano, and a mid-late pick.
No thanks. We'd get better value for them separately. Blues fans are willing to send Cole and Rattie or a 1st for Giordano alone without us adding a pick.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Morrow is also going to a team where he has a shot to play with Malkin or Crosby or at worst, Brandon Sutter. Also, he's going from a team that has no clue how to mini-rebuild or rebuild at all and is coming to a legit contender. If you are at that age and have that opportunity, you go balls to the wall and make the most of it. I see Brenden as that type of guy.
I see him as that type of guy too. I've always really liked him, but he played way bigger than he was, it's taken a toll on his body. You can't give what you don't have.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Just an honest question, but given how iggy gets to choose where to go, and has a very short list of teams cause his value to increase much? Assuming pitt is out of it I highly dought the 3 teams left are going to give as much as some of these proposals.
The best team in the league just gained a valuable asset to make their status as contender better. Morrow on the outside looks like an old guy that is struggling, sure, but he's going to a team that will let him do less to maximize what he can do, be more potent.

Those 3 teams that Jerome wants to go to, are likely contenders, if you look at the Pens and you see they added something like that, you make a stronger push.

Consider that the Bruins supposedly offered Khoklachev & 2nd for Morrow, you have to think those teams are interested in Jerome as much as he is with them.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I think the Morrow deal increased Iginla's value, not decreased it.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
I see him as that type of guy too. I've always really liked him, but he played way bigger than he was, it's taken a toll on his body. You can't give what you don't have.
In 57 games last year, he had 130 hits, last year Kunitz had 180 hits in 82 games, I don't think Morrow needs to be that physical. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Brenden goes close to a ppg if he's with Malkin and/or Crosby.

Iginla would have been great. But Morrow isn't bad either, this is a trade you have to really evaluate in the playoffs.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:03 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
In 57 games last year, he had 130 hits, last year Kunitz had 180 hits in 82 games, I don't think Morrow needs to be that physical. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Brenden goes close to a ppg if he's with Malkin and/or Crosby.

Iginla would have been great. But Morrow isn't bad either, this is a trade you have to really evaluate in the playoffs.
You have to take hit stats that come out of Dallas, LA, NYR and WSH with a grain of salt. There is a reason they all get twice as many hits at home as they do on the road.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
I admit I said many times I wouldn't move Morrow but I also said in numerous posts that I have no idea if Shero would. It has been reported that Shero actually values Maatta and Pouliot more than Morrow and think they'll be better pros. I thought it would have been the other way around but that's why I'm not the GM.

It didn't just take Brenden Morrow to get Joe Morrow either. Dallas had to swap an early 3rd for a 5th in a supposedly good draft for whatever that's worth.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:23 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
I think the Morrow deal increased Iginla's value, not decreased it.
It increased his value making it harder to trade him. Now that Pittsburgh moved on and it obviously moved on a while ago, you have three suitors. Boston going after Morrow as well with the Russian and a second tells me they aren't paying the price either. Two prospects and a pick guts that farm system. It's not strong. Down to Chicago and LA. The question - are either one going to send that package to Calgary knowing they might not be able to resign him in the offseason because the cap is going down and they have others they need to resign? I don't think so.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:28 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
I admit I said many times I wouldn't move Morrow but I also said in numerous posts that I have no idea if Shero would. It has been reported that Shero actually values Maatta and Pouliot more than Morrow and think they'll be better pros. I thought it would have been the other way around but that's why I'm not the GM.

It didn't just take Brenden Morrow to get Joe Morrow either. Dallas had to swap an early 3rd for a 5th in a supposedly good draft for whatever that's worth.
no, apparently Joe Morrow just sucks and every Pens fan is now naive for thinking otherwise...

i think people should read the last part of your post if they don't want to bother reading anything else from it. the Pens had an extra 5th from the Lovejoy trade IIRC and whether they traded their own pick or the one they got from the Ducks, it will still be a late pick. with that, they got EDMONTON'S 3rd rounder. just like that, the Pens moved up about 70-80 spots in the draft. even i don't think that eases all the sting of this deal yet, but i will hold out faith that Shero knows what he saw in Joe Morrow to make the trade for a rental

Old
03-25-2013, 06:30 AM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

Quote:
Thank god you're not the Kings GM

Old
03-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:

I'd rate them as follows:

1. Despres
2. Maatta
3. Morrow
4. Pouliot
5. Harrington
6. Dumoulin

I really don't think Bortuzzo or Samuelsson will play in the NHL. I'm a big Maatta fan too. I was so mad when we took Janko, you have no idea how mad.

Closed Thread