HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deadline deal - NJD - MTL

Old
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
absolutely not. we are not dropping our captain for a d who isnt even a producer... Volch would have to waive his NTC anyways and he probably wouldnt, but in terms of fairness Bourque + Weber is a ver fair offer. And weber is an EXCELLENT bottom pairing offensive d man, who could easily put up 20-25 points in a full healthy season. mayne more
No need for Weber, we have our own guy who can do that...Peter Harrold

Bourque isn't really needed either

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
sandysan

Quote:
hes been skating, and is due to come back in the next week or so. which is why I titled it deadline trade. in hopes he will have played a game or two
Tsn just said he had a setback, I'm not sure when he will be back.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
what would devils fans say to this instead?

Anton Volchenkov
Steve Bernier

For

Rene Bourque
Yannick Weber
2nd rounder (mid)
another awful deal. you underestimate bourque's quality before his injury and his play with plekanecs and gionta. and you include a 2nd in a deep draft for a bottom 6 forward who doesn't have bourque's hands and volchenkov who's really no better than emelin. you want a dman for depth? fine stop including a top 6 forward in proposals for a midget or a journeyman.

something around volchenkov for a pick maybe

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
No need for Weber, we have our own guy who can do that...Peter Harrold

Bourque isn't really needed either
if you're making deal for guys like D'agostini, believe me you could use bourque. but he's injured and when he's back, probably not for sale based on how good he's played this year

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
dustyrockon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
another awful deal. you underestimate bourque's quality before his injury and his play with plekanecs and gionta. and you include a 2nd in a deep draft for a bottom 6 forward who doesn't have bourque's hands and volchenkov who's really no better than emelin. you want a dman for depth? fine stop including a top 6 forward in proposals for a midget or a journeyman.

something around volchenkov for a pick maybe
Its not NHL 13 here. Trades just can not be fully in favor of one team like everybody seems to want on here. NJ needs top 6 we need bulk on D. The Canadiens have been doing great wihout bourque. Let me rephrase, we have almost done better without him. so IMO he is expendable. You got to give if you want to get. Maybe people disagree that volch is not worth it, but he is 31 and still sined for another three years I believe. He has plenty of playoff expereince and isnt likely to get injured. I wish people could look passed the statistical margin sometimes. You cant excpect to get an adam larsson for a rene bourque, and you cant excpect to get just volch for bourque either. Anyway this is just my oppinion.I feel it addresses needs to both teams without turning it into some ridiculous block buster offer like I often see in these threads.

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:09 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
To Montreal:

Anton Volchenkov
Stephen Gionta

To New Jersey:

Rene Bourque
Yannick Weber
2nd round pick
prospect?

The Devils have about 8 usable defenders... The Canadiens need a big D-Man who can hit and block shots... The Devils need a top 6 forward. Seems like a doable trade.

Maybe not exactly like this one.. bur something close to it.

Bourque had been playing as a top 6 before getting injured, and shoulf be healthy by the deadline.

Weber is highly expendable for the habs, with Tinordi showing us he can play and with Beaulieu not to far off. Weber is also an offensive D-Man who could help NJ PP. and really isn't a crutch in his own zone. (personally love ths guy).

Reuniting the Giontas would be awesome, and I recall him scoring some important goals for NJ last year in the playoffs. Hense why I threw in the 2nd and maybe a prospect...

No Gionta would this work as well??

Rene Bourque
Yannick Weber

for

Anton Volchenkov

?

I like the framework of this particular deal...however who knows if Volchenkov would agree to waive his NTC or not.

Would you do the same deal with Henrik Tallinder instead of Volchenkov? Big, veteran defenseman without a NTC so he'd be much easier to move then A-Train.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:16 PM
RSeen

No way I would give up Gionta. The guy has been a beast for us. He is one of the best if not the best 4th line center in the league in my opinion. And no I wouldn't give him up for a 2nd. A 2nd isn't worth breaking up the best 4th line in the league that was a huge part of why we made it to the finals. For Volchenkov I'd probably do it though. I'd prefer to trade Tallinder instead.

RSeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM
RSeen

Quote:
what would devils fans say to this instead?

Anton Volchenkov
Steve Bernier

For

Rene Bourque
Yannick Weber
2nd rounder (mid)
No. CBGB ain't getting broken up!

RSeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSeen View Post
No way I would give up Gionta. The guy has been a beast for us. He is one of the best if not the best 4th line center in the league in my opinion. And no I wouldn't give him up for a 2nd. A 2nd isn't worth breaking up the best 4th line in the league that was a huge part of why we made it to the finals. For Volchenkov I'd probably do it though. I'd prefer to trade Tallinder instead.
I find it shocking that anyone would brag or even stake claim to having the best 4th line in hockey. The Leafs had 4 x 4th lines last season and even their fans didn't brag about it.

S. Gionta would have no role on the Habs. We've cornered the market on midgets and don't need a 4th line midget!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Treb

Quote:
Its not NHL 13 here. Trades just can not be fully in favor of one team like everybody seems to want on here. NJ needs top 6 we need bulk on D. The Canadiens have been doing great wihout bourque. Let me rephrase, we have almost done better without him. so IMO he is expendable. You got to give if you want to get. Maybe people disagree that volch is not worth it, but he is 31 and still sined for another three years I believe. He has plenty of playoff expereince and isnt likely to get injured. I wish people could look passed the statistical margin sometimes. You cant excpect to get an adam larsson for a rene bourque, and you cant excpect to get just volch for bourque either. Anyway this is just my oppinion.I feel it addresses needs to both teams without turning it into some ridiculous block buster offer like I often see in these threads.
Volchenkov has a Kaberle-esque contract for 3 more years. We don't need an overpaid dman on our third pair. We need a physical 5-7th D that we can keep beyond this year.

In a vacuum, Bourque > Volchenkov and Weber+2nd > Bernier/Gionta.

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I'd do Volch for Bourque straight up, and I don't particularly like Bourque.

and none of the CBGB guys are likely to be traded. Gionta is an OK player for what he is but its not like he can be a consistent top 6 or even top 9 player.

Bernier and Carter have been 2 of our better forwards this year, sadly.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:47 PM
dustyrockon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
I like the framework of this particular deal...however who knows if Volchenkov would agree to waive his NTC or not.

Would you do the same deal with Henrik Tallinder instead of Volchenkov? Big, veteran defenseman without a NTC so he'd be much easier to move then A-Train.
Frankly.... probably not. As a habs fan speeking now, I feel that would be an overpayment, he only played 39 games last year and has been injured for a big chunk of this season... He only cobtributed in 3 playoff games for the devils last year, didnt do much, and is 3 years older then Volch. However that NTC pretty much cuts off any chance for him. I feel you on that. I'm not opposed to Tallinder if he stays healthy. But I would probably give less or ask for more back.

what would the options be then?

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:36 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

What a disgusting deal. Ew.

I'd rather play Weber than Volchy.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:04 AM
The Caveman
snowbozie

Doesn't look like Bourque is back any time soon.

REPORT: HABS' BOURQUE SUFFERS SETBACK IN CONCUSSION RECOVERY
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418949

The Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:16 AM
greenstickytoes

how about

- B.Gionta
- Moen

- Zubrus
- Bernier

some Habs fans will say no to this but i'm just sick of being
an undersized team. Also make some place on the salary cap
for next year. try to add Semin to the team for 8M a year if
available or Latendresse for cheap.
With Gally and Desharnais in the line-up theres no place for another small top 6 player
like Gionta anymore.. especially at his age..
idk thats just my opinion. I really don't care about playoffs this year.. i don't see us
beating Pens, Bruins, Hawks or Ducks in finals. Its just not happening.

greenstickytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
how about

- B.Gionta
- Moen

- Zubrus
- Bernier

With Gally and Desharnais in the line-up theres no place for another small top 6 player
idk thats just my opinion. I really don't care about playoffs this year.. i don't see us
absolutely not.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:13 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Frankly.... probably not. As a habs fan speeking now, I feel that would be an overpayment, he only played 39 games last year and has been injured for a big chunk of this season... He only cobtributed in 3 playoff games for the devils last year, didnt do much, and is 3 years older then Volch. However that NTC pretty much cuts off any chance for him. I feel you on that. I'm not opposed to Tallinder if he stays healthy. But I would probably give less or ask for more back.

what would the options be then?
Well Tallinder was one of our better defensemen during those three playoff games Tallinder to me is a less physical Volchenkov and has solely been a victim of this team's depth at defense. But yeah if Volchenkov didn't have that silly NTC he'd be the perfect trade piece. The Devils I doubt would want to move Fayne and Greene wouldn't work in this deal as he's been our best defenseman this year. The only other options really are Salvador and Zidlicky but I wouldn't think those two would interest you. (even though Zids has been good with us so far.)

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Lol, they're not untouchable you know. You mean to say they'd trade Henrique or Larsson before they moved Carter/Bernier/Gionta?

Get real.
It's at the point where their market value is far lower than their value to us.

There is absolutely no reason for us to trade them.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
how about

- B.Gionta
- Moen

- Zubrus
- Bernier

Value to the Devils of those players exceed their market value.

Zubrus is so important to this team. Granted, Gionta and Moen can probably bring what Zubrus and Bernier bring, but there is absolutely no reason for the Devils to take that risk, when they know what Bernier and Zubrus consistently give them.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

We already have our own Volchenkov in Emelin.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Drive425

Habs and Devils are not good trade partners. I don't think anything could be worked out between them.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote