HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 10:37 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
How does Stafford make any sense?

Horrendous contract and having horrendous year
He's making 4M. That's not horrendous for a guy more than capable of scoring 20-25Gs and 50 points, especially if he was playing with Toews/Kane/Hossa

Yeah, he's having a tough year, like a lot of players in Buffalo outside of Vanek/Hodgson.

I'm not saying Chicago would be going after him, but looking at Buffalo's roster, after Ott, he seems to make the most sense from a need stand point (top-6 LW, big-bodied goalscorer) and an availability stand point. I'm not sure Buffalo would be looking to trade him, but he would seem like a prime candidate.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:57 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Anyone who is advocating trading for Morrow has not watched him play this year. He is not the same player he once was. That would be the equivalent of surrendering assets for Andrew Brunette.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Anyone who is advocating trading for Morrow has not watched him play this year. He is not the same player he once was. That would be the equivalent of surrendering assets for Andrew Brunette.
It's not quite that bad. Brunette could not impact the game in any meaningful way during his final season in Chicago. He struggled to keep up, and thus, struggled to produce offensively and didn't bring anything outside of offense; no physical game, nothing defensively. Morrow may have slowed down, but he can still make an impact physically, at the very least.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:07 PM
hockeydoug

Stalberg is making quite a bit if he wants next year. I would happily take Stafford for 4 million if he cost only picks and prospects. The Hawks have plenty of physical and abrasive complimentary wingers. I think Stafford would be more cost effective.

He's on a short contract too, for his upside, I can handle the risk better than most.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:07 PM
hockeydoug

I am very relieved the Hawks didn't acquire Morrow.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
He's making 4M. That's not horrendous for a guy more than capable of scoring 20-25Gs and 50 points, especially if he was playing with Toews/Kane/Hossa

Yeah, he's having a tough year, like a lot of players in Buffalo outside of Vanek/Hodgson.

I'm not saying Chicago would be going after him, but looking at Buffalo's roster, after Ott, he seems to make the most sense from a need stand point (top-6 LW, big-bodied goalscorer) and an availability stand point. I'm not sure Buffalo would be looking to trade him, but he would seem like a prime candidate.
A 4M committment for next 2 years to guy who is major ? is not answer

Stafford career

06-07 = 41 GP with 13 goals + 14 assists for 27 pts
07-08 = 64 GP with 16 goals + 22 assists for 38 pts
08-09 = 79 GP with 20 goals + 25 assists for 45 pts
09-10 = 71 GP with 14 goals + 20 assists for 34 pts
10-11 = 62 GP with 31 goals + 21 assists for 52 pts
11-12 = 80 GP with 20 goals + 30 assists for 50 pts
This year = 26 GP with 2 goals + 7 assists for 9 pts

I see a guy who underachieves constantly and who's breakthru year (31 goals) was a contract year and has regressed since getting big $$$

Not to mention Stafford is a poor playoff performer

20 GP with 3 goals + 4 assists

With cap going down the Hawks cant gamble on bringing in someone like Stafford

Rather bring back someone like Kopecky then take gamble on Stafford

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 03-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old
03-24-2013, 11:16 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

Stafford career

I see a guy who underachieves constantly and who's breakthru year (31 goals) was a contract year and has regressed since getting big $$$

Uh, Kopecky is far worse than Stafford. Far worse.

You'd rather pay 3M per for a guy who's only put up 40+ points once than pay 4M for a guy who's put up 45+ points in 3 of the past 4 seasons.. really?

There's not a doubt who the more talented player is. Tomas Kopecky didn't belong in Chicago's top-6 in 2010-11, where would he fit in this time around?

Again, I'm not saying Chicago should go after Stafford.. but, of the players available in Buffalo who may be available, he seems to make sense from a Chicago POV.

EDIT: Tomas Kopecky has a mere 5 goals and 8 points in 37 career playoff games. Again, worse than Stafford.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Kopecky was 4th liner in almost all his playoff games

Pecker would fill need on PP and can play 3rd line role/4th line role here in Chicago

Rather have Kopecky at less in bottom 6 role then Stafford at more in bottom 6 role

Stafford wouldn't displace any of the Hawks top 6 wingers (Kane/Hossa/Saad/Sharp)

Old
03-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Sarava

Quote:

You'd rather pay 3M per for a guy who's only put up 40+ points once than pay 4M for a guy who's put up 45+ points in 3 of the past 4 seasons.. really?

There's not a doubt who the more talented player is. Tomas Kopecky didn't belong in Chicago's top-6 in 2010-11, where would he fit in this time around?

Again, I'm not saying Chicago should go after Stafford.. but, of the players available in Buffalo who may be available, he seems to make sense from a Chicago POV.

EDIT: Tomas Kopecky has a mere 5 goals and 8 points in 37 career playoff games. Again, worse than Stafford.
That's a pretty low bar you're using to compare him to Kopecky. Neither are worth it IMO.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:20 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

If that's the price to "re-invigorate" a guy, then the Hawks are out on Iggy and the rest of that lot. It's a Marty Reasoner or Max Talbot-type guy that can grind in playoffs to take Bolig or Frolik's spot.

The Hawks have played great, but the brass know they are really one of 4-5 teams that have a great look. Vegas still has those top 4-5 team collectively as less than even vs. the rest of the field. One player doesn't move the dial much.

The hawks will not trade an projected major impact player on an ELC (TT Saad, Denault) for rental. And that's the price for poker this year.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:25 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:

ouch. slam dunk that was dirty

Old
03-25-2013, 02:14 AM
LandofLincoln

Keep Bolland this year and that is it. I don't care what he did in 2009-10... Let's live in the present.

This defense is better than the Cup winning team. In 2009-10 we were 5th best in the league in GA. This year we will finish first in goals allowed this defense is different. Sure Campbell is gone and Keith is not going to get 67points, but we have a better defensive system. Offensively sure the 2009-10 defenseman were more gifted. This defense is more stingy!!

Every other team in the league needs a shutdown 3rd line center like Dave Bolland. We have a shutdown defense and so Bolland's neutralizing top wingers is a specialty that our defense better handles this season.

If the Blackhawks somehow acquire Ribiero at the trade deadline. I think you do everything to keep him for 2-3 years. Bolland becomes the guy that gets traded in the offseason.

Parting ways with Bolland means keeping....Bickell Shaw Stalberg a 3rd line I would keep together next season.

Shaw, Danault, Pirri, McNeill, Kruger this organization is getting stacked with depth at center. Two of those guys are ready next season.

Bolland has played and done everything the Blackhawks have asked. He has been worth his contract. It is time to move on because it just is..... The team has other guys to play 3rd line center. Parting ways with Bolland's contract would allow them to pay a 2nd line center. For instance signing Ribiero for 2 years 9 million.

Last edited by LandofLincoln: 03-25-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

1. Morrow for Morrow (top prospect for PIT) is good deal for us. Imagine what JN would have wanted from a team that will be in their division next year?

2. No Roster player or early Draft picks (1st or 2nd) were included

3. Bring on Iginla. We have lots to offer the Flames need. Young and NHL ready players are in Rockford that are expandable for us. Pirri or Morin + Bickell or Frolik (who is being showcased on the 1st line) + a later pick in 2014 is a solid offer. Gives the Flames youth that is able to play in the NHL and I really don't see any team giving up way more for a guy they won't/may not be able to keep. I'm sure if Iggy gets traded, he'll test the market

I don't care where to fit him, but he would help us for sure and more than Bollig, Frolik or Mayers

Old
03-25-2013, 04:17 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
3. Bring on Iginla. We have lots to offer the Flames need. Young and NHL ready players are in Rockford that are expandable for us. Pirri or Morin + Bickell or Frolik (who is being showcased on the 1st line) + a later pick in 2014 is a solid offer. Gives the Flames youth that is able to play in the NHL and I really don't see any team giving up way more for a guy they won't/may not be able to keep. I'm sure if Iggy gets traded, he'll test the market

I don't care where to fit him, but he would help us for sure and more than Bollig, Frolik or Mayers
Wouldn't mind Iginlia playing LW on Kane's line at all.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:31 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Just watch when he plays with Crosby or Malkin....just watch!

Old
03-25-2013, 05:43 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I don't like trading for Iginla at all. It's giving up valuable pieces that could be used to get the #2 C everyone knows we need for a player who doesn't really fit any hole we have. He would make us a little better but a little and for a very short period of time.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:37 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIP View Post
Just watch when he plays with Crosby or Malkin....just watch!
It'll be no different than Steve Sullivan, Mike Comrie, or Alex Kovalev on the wing.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

With Sharp being out that long and Hossa being injury prone up to these days, getting Iginla wouldn't be the worst addition. It's all about the asking price

Old
03-25-2013, 08:29 AM
zytz
lumberjack

If its for the right price it would be hard to complain about Iginla. It's not the best move that could be made, IMO, but he's a guy that can definitely have a positive impact on the roster. The only thing I really worry about with him is where he slots in.... Unless he can play 2C I see him playing on the 3rd line. Can't move Kane off the wing this year, and don't want to mess with the 1st.

I'd really rather kick the tires on Ott, and it sounds like we've been scouting buffalo pretty heavily lately.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
3. Bring on Iginla. We have lots to offer the Flames need. Young and NHL ready players are in Rockford that are expandable for us. Pirri or Morin + Bickell or Frolik (who is being showcased on the 1st line) + a later pick in 2014 is a solid offer.
Bickell is a UFA, why would a bottom feeder team be interested in him?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:23 AM
digdug41982

Quote:

Stafford is an abomination. Anyone but him.

*capable- describing a player that isn't scoring anymore but once did.

example in a sentence: Michael Frolik is capable of scoring 20 goals a season.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Hawkaholic

No thanks to Stafford.

Also, no thanks to any player that will cost us our 1st round pick, TT, Danault or Clendening.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:11 AM
digdug41982

I wouldn't even take Stafford for free (unless I thought I could flip him for something immediately).

Old
03-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:

Stafford career

He may have regressed last season, but 51 pts in 80 games for a two-way forward who plays all three phases is still worth $4m per. He's underachieved this year, certainly, but a lot of guys across the league have.

He's been one of our best ES point producers for the two years previous to this one, so he has proven he can score at 5-on-5.

Quote:

Rather bring back someone like Kopecky then take gamble on Stafford
To be fair, he was one of our best ES players in the Philadelphia series a couple seasons back, even if it didn't translate to the scoresheet. He was by no means invisible, that's for sure. And, IIRC, he was largely centered that series by Special Nieds (Rob Niedermayer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Stafford is an abomination. Anyone but him.

*capable- describing a player that isn't scoring anymore but once did.

example in a sentence: Michael Frolik is capable of scoring 20 goals a season.
Not exactly a fair comparison. Stafford had done it in consecutive seasons prior to this one--and 51 goals in 142 games in those seasons--while Frolik hasn't hit 20 since 2009-10.

Stafford made a mistake by not playing abroad, and he started slowly as a result. He got demoted after about 20 games, and now he's not playing with talent that complements him. It doesn't help matters that Hodgson is our only center who can produce anything at ES, and nobody scores on the PP unless they're playing with Vanek (see Hodgson's ES production vs his production on PP, where he doesn't play with Vanek); Stafford hasn't played with Hodgson at ES, and he's on the PP2, which isn't with Vanek.

I get that you guys don't want Stafford's contract, but he's an obvious choice to bounce back later this season or next year. He has a career shooting% of 11.6% and he's shooting just 5.3% this year. I think he'd do great for your team, but I can understand why he may not fit in due to contract.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Illinihockey

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Am told the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks... trade call still pending

Closed Thread