HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
It increased his value making it harder to trade him. Now that Pittsburgh moved on and it obviously moved on a while ago, you have three suitors. Boston going after Morrow as well with the Russian and a second tells me they aren't paying the price either. Two prospects and a pick guts that farm system. It's not strong. Down to Chicago and LA. The question - are either one going to send that package to Calgary knowing they might not be able to resign him in the offseason because the cap is going down and they have others they need to resign? I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure both teams like their lineups enough to NOT trade away "untouchable" prospects for a rental.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:50 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I'd rate them as follows:

1. Despres
2. Maatta
3. Morrow
4. Pouliot
5. Harrington
6. Dumoulin

I really don't think Bortuzzo or Samuelsson will play in the NHL. I'm a big Maatta fan too. I was so mad when we took Janko, you have no idea how mad.
Bortuzzo is already on the Pens roster, although he hasn't been getting any time lately since they signed Eaton. he's looked OK this year when he got the chance to play.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:55 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
It increased his value making it harder to trade him. Now that Pittsburgh moved on and it obviously moved on a while ago, you have three suitors. Boston going after Morrow as well with the Russian and a second tells me they aren't paying the price either. Two prospects and a pick guts that farm system. It's not strong. Down to Chicago and LA. The question - are either one going to send that package to Calgary knowing they might not be able to resign him in the offseason because the cap is going down and they have others they need to resign? I don't think so.
Learn a little more about the B's prospects before you make that claim. The fact we are as strong as we have been in years in that dept allows us to be in the running.

Not that I am a fan of getting #12

Old
03-25-2013, 06:59 AM
tohaa

don't really see Iginla being worth significantly more than Brenden Morrow...so a decent prospect & late draft pick seems reasonable. If him coming back to the Flames after is somehow established, then even less than that.

Old
03-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron
2013 1st
2014 1st

for

Jerome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
2013 2nd
2014 2nd

Old
03-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron
2013 1st
2014 1st

for

Jerome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
2013 2nd
2014 2nd
Go back to bed.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Pittsburgh will likely still be in for Iginla. Getting Morrow may be a ploy to make it more attractive so that he feels he has a win now chance. I think it's more likely he goes to someone else but I wouldn't count Pittsburgh out. We still have assets to trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:06 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Pittsburgh will likely still be in for Iginla. Getting Morrow may be a ploy to make it more attractive so that he feels he has a win now chance. I think it's more likely he goes to someone else but I wouldn't count Pittsburgh out. We still have assets to trade.
I think that Iggy would have felt that the Penquins were already a contender before they traded for Morrow. To suggest that Morrow was brought over simply as a ploy is foolish.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
I think that Iggy would have felt that the Penquins were already a contender before they traded for Morrow. To suggest that Morrow was brought over simply as a ploy is foolish.
He wasn't brought over simply as a ploy but it makes them look more like a win now team as they're willing to make the moves to match it.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:11 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron
2013 1st
2014 1st

for

Jerome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
2013 2nd
2014 2nd
What is wrong with you?

Old
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
PenguinTommy

I don't think there will be a huge bidding war. You have to keep in mind, that none of those teams on his list NEED Iggy. All teams can win without Iggy. All 4 teams are the cup contenders right now, without Iggy.

Of course, he would be an amazing addition, I would die to have him on my team, but I would NOT expect desperate moves by those 4 GMs.

We'll see...

Old
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Oogie Boogie

Quote:
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron
2013 1st
2014 1st

for

Jerome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
2013 2nd
2014 2nd
What in the ****?

Old
03-25-2013, 08:19 AM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
I don't think there will be a huge bidding war. You have to keep in mind, that none of those teams on his list NEED Iggy. All teams can win without Iggy. All 4 teams are the cup contenders right now, without Iggy.

Of course, he would be an amazing addition, I would die to have him on my team, but I would NOT expect desperate moves by those 4 GMs.

We'll see...
I'm not sure there will be a bidding war, but I think the return will be better than some expected (better than I expected anyway).

Brendan Morrow managed to net a top prospect and he's not the player Iglina is. I'm still going to guess a top prospect and a 1st for Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:23 AM
HawksTillDeath

Dylan Olsen, Mark McNeill, 1st

for Iginla

Old
03-25-2013, 08:26 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
Dylan Olsen, Mark McNeill, 1st

for Iginla
I do that. I like McNeill.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:28 AM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
don't really see Iginla being worth significantly more than Brenden Morrow...so a decent prospect & late draft pick seems reasonable. If him coming back to the Flames after is somehow established, then even less than that.
Give your head a shake.
Iginla does everything Morrow does like grit, leadership, effort, fights when need be etc. and then he is a far better scorer and play maker than Morrow. Iginla's play making skills are quite underrated in my opinion.
He is worth more the Morrow.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

So, if the report that Calgary are asking for two prospects and a pick is true. Who could Pittsburgh offer?

Maatta/Dumolin + Kuhnhackl + 1st? (Although I'd rather include Kennedy in that in place of Kuhnhackl but I doubt he holds much trade value)

Old
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
So, if the report that Calgary are asking for two prospects and a pick is true. Who could Pittsburgh offer?

Maatta/Dumolin + Kuhnhackl + 1st? (Although I'd rather include Kennedy in that in place of Kuhnhackl but I doubt he holds much trade value)
No chance on Pouliot I'm guessing hey?

Old
03-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Just like Morrow

Old
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:

IMO, Feaster could ask for Blueger, he's centerman, former 2nd round pick.

Something like Blueger + Maatta + pick

Old
03-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Just an honest question, but given how iggy gets to choose where to go, and has a very short list of teams cause his value to increase much? Assuming pitt is out of it I highly dought the 3 teams left are going to give as much as some of these proposals.
It only takes 2 parties bidding against each other to create a bidding war. If those 2 parties see each other as playoff opponents it also becomes as much about making sure the other guy doesn't get him as much as adding him to your own team.

We already saw this happen with Morrow, the Pens overpaid because it both helped them and stopped the Bruins from getting Morrow. This is also the reason I do not believe the Pens are out of the Iginla sweepstakes just because they picked up Morrow.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Guessing not since it's alleged that they traded Morrow because they felt Pouliot & Maatta would both be better players. Wouldn't be the first time I was surprised this week, though.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
It only takes 2 parties bidding against each other to create a bidding war. If those 2 parties see each other as playoff opponents it also becomes as much about making sure the other guy doesn't get him as much as adding him to your own team.

We already saw this happen with Morrow, the Pens overpaid because it both helped them and stopped the Bruins from getting Morrow. This is also the reason I do not believe the Pens are out of the Iginla sweepstakes just because they picked up Morrow.
i don't even know if the Pens knew Boston was in on him until Morrow went to Nieuwendyk.

besides, it's not like the Bruins' offer sucked in comparison. you know what the Bruins reportedly offered? Kokhlakhev (sp?) and a 2nd.

Old
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron
2013 1st
2014 1st

for

Jerome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
2013 2nd
2014 2nd
LMAO Your going to Mortgage the farm for a Rental In Iginla and an over paid Defenseman In Bouwmeester Boston does'nt need either one to begin with and I dont see how this has any value for Calgary.

Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
IMO, Feaster could ask for Blueger, he's centerman, former 2nd round pick.

Something like Blueger + Maatta + pick
If the pick is a 1st that's a pretty fair deal I think.

Closed Thread