HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HENKE down on the team ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
  #26
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
He could also just be posturing to get the bidding war started for his services . He will get mega bucks from somebody....and maybe not the Rangers . This way he is also telling Sather to start getting his Crap cleaned up and take care of business or he might just be out of here . Whatever it is...it all adds up for more money for him eventually from somebody . Imagine what a Leaf team would fork out for him...or the Flyers ...or the ISLES .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:52 AM
  #27
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
He's clearly frustrated with this stupid "system." He knows that if he lets in 2 or more goals, it's practically a death sentence for the team. I can't imagine how hard it must be mentally to know that you HAVE to be the best player out there every single night, if you're not, your team has no show at winning. Also, let's ease it with the shot blocking ****. Many goalies have said that they prefer to see the puck. How many times this season have goals gone in because:
a. His own man blocked his vision
b. His own man deflected the shot in.
c. Because of the team's inability to clear the front of the net.
I'd attribute about 90% of GA to these 3 things. He's the biggest NY'er there is on this team, and I don't think I could ever imagine him leaving.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:52 AM
  #28
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Seems to be the only one that's given a **** each and every game this year. Probably sick of going back to the days when this was the norm, since they were supposed to be competitive this year.

Also, he has no one protecting him at all this year. Guys are hitting him and just allowed to do it. Every game i see someone do something to him and our D's reaction is to just put an arm around the guy than skate away.

Team has no grit. I'd be pissed too.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:07 AM
  #29
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
you guys need to stop. you make Henrik sound like some 14 year old girl wiping away tears as she tweets her angst after each game. it is incredibly corny reading this nonsense after each game. What perennial SC team would Hank go to? Why would any of those teams want a goalie that has had a solid supporting cast for years, and now is experiencing his first real adversity, and is looking to pack his bags? When Brodeur had crap teams surrounding him, and absolutely bizarre coaching staffs, did he cry himself a pity river and wind up backstopping the Red Wings? No. He put up killer numbers and kept his team relevant. Why would you assume Hank would?

For the record, I sense frustration in Hank. But I have to believe you guys are being way too dramatic about it. Otherwise he's not nearly the dominant headstrong personality I've assume he was.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:08 AM
  #30
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,824
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
Imagine if he was on Philly these past few years? Dynasty...
No. If he was on Philly, he would have imploded and been chased back to Sweden by those horrible fans.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
  #31
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
A solid supporting cast for years?

Well, I guess a defense which included:
Dan Girardi
Darius Kasparaitis
Bryce Lampman
David Liffiton
Marek Malik
Paul Mara D
Sandis Ozolinsh
Thomas Pock
Karel Rachunek
Michal Rozsival
Jason Strudwick
Fedor Tyutin
Aaron Ward
in 1 year could be considered solid...

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
  #32
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
A solid supporting cast for years?

Well, I guess a defense which included:
Dan Girardi
Darius Kasparaitis
Bryce Lampman
David Liffiton
Marek Malik
Paul Mara D
Sandis Ozolinsh
Thomas Pock
Karel Rachunek
Michal Rozsival
Jason Strudwick
Fedor Tyutin
Aaron Ward
in 1 year could be considered solid...
Why did you only count d-men? The period where almost all of them were on the NYR blueline sure the defense was weak, but the NYR had one of the 3 top GF and PP's in the entire league. If you don't consider it a solid supporting cast for a goalie, to enter games with a team that hover at 3.5 GpG then I just don't know.

Now, since you're good at listing all the Sather defense-misfits, how about you pick a team that Hank would run crying to, and I'll pick apart their house of blue-line horrors. ANd lets see if during the lowest of low times, that team had the good fortune to have one of the best offenses in the league to support their goaltending.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:40 AM
  #33
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
He's been playing consistently lately, hasn't allowed more than 3 goals in quite awhile and has only allowed 3 on 3 occasions. That's pretty much Lundqvist, so right now it's the inept offense that is driving him crazy.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:43 AM
  #34
messierjagrlundqvist
Pop Star
 
messierjagrlundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
He's been playing consistently lately, hasn't allowed more than 3 goals in quite awhile and has only allowed 3 on 3 occasions. That's pretty much Lundqvist, so right now it's the inept offense that is driving him crazy.
Honestly, I like it. I don't think Lundqvist should call out individual players and ruin locker room chemistry but a pissed off All Star goalie who gives his all every night and wears his heart on his sleeve, hell that'd motivate me to try harder.

messierjagrlundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
  #35
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Why did you only count d-men? The period where almost all of them were on the NYR blueline sure the defense was weak, but the NYR had one of the 3 top GF and PP's in the entire league. If you don't consider it a solid supporting cast for a goalie, to enter games with a team that hover at 3.5 GpG then I just don't know.

Now, since you're good at listing all the Sather defense-misfits, how about you pick a team that Hank would run crying to, and I'll pick apart their house of blue-line horrors. ANd lets see if during the lowest of low times, that team had the good fortune to have one of the best offenses in the league to support their goaltending.
Right. Except offense doesn't have anything to do with your SV% and GAA.

And how's the offense now? 28th in GPG, 25th in PP%. Some real good support right there.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
  #36
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,122
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by messierjagrlundqvist View Post
Honestly, I like it. I don't think Lundqvist should call out individual players and ruin locker room chemistry but a pissed off All Star goalie who gives his all every night and wears his heart on his sleeve, hell that'd motivate me to try harder.
Agrees. I have no problem with our best player since the lockout being mad about poor effort. If anyone deserves to be pissed its him.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:00 AM
  #37
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Right. Except offense doesn't have anything to do with you SV% and GAA.

And how's the offense now? 28th in GPG, 25th in PP%. Some real good support right there.
Wait, let me understand your argument here. Sentence 1: Having a good offense isn't having a good supporting cast. Sentence 2: having a bad offense shows he doesn't have a good supporting cast. What in the hell are you talking about?

in your opinion, Hank cares more about GAA and Sv% than W's? Has he ever hinted at this before? I mean, isn't the argument here that Hank is suicidal because the offense isn't scoring? He's losing out on W's because the offense isn't breaking that 3 GpG right? So, why would offense be meaningless now?


Last edited by SlingshotVv: 03-25-2013 at 11:12 AM.
SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
  #38
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
So, in your opinion, Hank cares more about GAA and Sv% than W's? Has he ever hinted at this before? I mean, isn't the argument here that Hank is suicidal because the offense isn't scoring? He's losing out on W's because the offense isn't breaking that 3 GpG right? So, why would offense be meaningless now?
That isn't what I said. Usually, "supporting cast" for goalies means defense. My apologies if you meant forwards as well.

I'm sure he would have no problem if his sv% and GAA took a hit if the pathetic offense could score a goal for their life. A goalie tied for 8th in GAA shouldn't be hovering at .500. We agree there, don't we?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM
  #39
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
That isn't what I said. Usually, "supporting cast" for goalies means defense. My apologies if you meant forwards as well.

I'm sure he would have no problem if his sv% and GAA took a hit if the pathetic offense could score a goal for their life. A goalie tied for 8th in GAA shouldn't be hovering at .500. We agree there, don't we?
Yes we do. I just don't see a team where Hank jumps ship to, that's looking to invest that heavily in a goaltender, that can guarantee Hank a dynasty. My whole issue here is how dramatic people are being at Hank's frustration. Brodeur, Roy, Belfour, Hasek, all went through periods where their teams were crap. It happens to every great goalie int heir career. He needs to do what they did. Keep his numbers up and keep the team relevant while the GM, coaching staff, or players sort out the offense. Expecting him to find some magic situation that he can just run to and grab a few Cups is absurd

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:21 AM
  #40
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Yes we do. I just don't see a team where Hank jumps ship to, that's looking to invest that heavily in a goaltender, that can guarantee Hank a dynasty. My whole issue here is how dramatic people are being at Hank's frustration. Brodeur, Roy, Belfour, Hasek, all went through periods where their teams were crap. It happens to every great goalie int heir career. He needs to do what they did. Keep his numbers up and keep the team relevant while the GM, coaching staff, or players sort out the offense. Expecting him to find some magic situation that he can just run to and grab a few Cups is absurd
I think he's too loyal to the organization and the city to run out of town. And he has been keeping the team relevant. Every year, he's been the reason why they even make the playoffs. (Or last year, the reason why they were the 1st seed.) I don't exactly see why Brodeur would be too upset though. His team won a Cup in his 2nd season.

Can we all sense that he's frustrated? After last game, he said that it was getting old how they can't put the puck in the net. I think that signifies a level of frustration with the offense, don't you?

That being said, he's staying put right here in NY. Can't see it any other way.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:28 AM
  #41
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,219
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
He wants a cup I wouldn't be so sure he don't leave
can't stress it enough.

unless he's traded and that's not going to happenn

HANK'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

bet the farm on that.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:31 AM
  #42
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
you guys need to stop. you make Henrik sound like some 14 year old girl wiping away tears as she tweets her angst after each game. it is incredibly corny reading this nonsense after each game. What perennial SC team would Hank go to? Why would any of those teams want a goalie that has had a solid supporting cast for years, and now is experiencing his first real adversity, and is looking to pack his bags? When Brodeur had crap teams surrounding him, and absolutely bizarre coaching staffs, did he cry himself a pity river and wind up backstopping the Red Wings? No. He put up killer numbers and kept his team relevant. Why would you assume Hank would?

For the record, I sense frustration in Hank. But I have to believe you guys are being way too dramatic about it. Otherwise he's not nearly the dominant headstrong personality I've assume he was.
I'm just curious, when did Brodeur have crap teams surrounding him?

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
  #43
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,324
vCash: 500
lundy on the pens would be possibly the most frightening thing ever

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:48 AM
  #44
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Hank is pissed, but hockey isn't everything about life. His LIFE is here in New York, he's absolutely in love with the city, his family is growing here (Charlise) and Therese loves it here as well. He has business interests here, and he absolutely loves playing for the Rangers and in the Garden.

He will sign a contract to keep him here for the remainder of his career, and will play out here. His goal is to win a cup HERE, not anywhere else.

Be thankful you have a LOYAL competitor of this nature as a franchise goaltender. We got lucky coming from Mike Richter, and only having to deal a short time between him and finding Lundqvist. I have a feeling we aren't going to be so lucky next time.

Enjoy it while it lasts, and stop the ridiculous talk of him going to a 'cup contender', or wanting to leave New York. It's so ridiculous and far from everything he believes in, and has said in countless interviews.

Some great players never win a cup, its just the way it is. He is determined though, and we still have many more years to try and get it done, even though the window is closing a bit.
Quote:
He's going nowhere, Ranger for life. More importantly to him, he's a NY'er. You can't put a pricetag on that.

Best posts in this thread. Also a nod to whoever mentioned how mentally deflating it is to HAVE TO give up 2 or less goals at a chance to win, most of the time 1 goal. It's definitely taking its toll.

Lundqvist will be remembered as one of the best Rangers ever and its not even up for debate. People who rag on him are uneducated morons. He's done more for this franchise than anyone seems to give him credit for. Like it was said by nevesis, shut up and enjoy it while it lasts because the likelihood we see a goaltender of his caliber play for this team again is not very likely.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
  #45
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
I'm just curious, when did Brodeur have crap teams surrounding him?
1995-1996 NJD were a bad team. The 2010-2011 NJD were a complete mess. They were so bad that before Brodeur got injured most devil fans were saying he was done. So done, that he lead his team to a SC finals a year later. They were a crap team the year they got booted by Carolina in the first round as well, but look at Brodeur's numbers those seasons, sick. Same with 98 or so when the TBL kicked them out in the first round. They didn't have a 30g scorer in a season that saw a ton of goal scoring. Yet look at Brodeur's numbers that season. Absolutely sick.

I'm not riding his nuts or anything. Just saying there's been a few pretty ****** Devils teams and noone expected Brodeur to bolt. Also they didn't finish at the bottom of the league in those season, because much like Hank, Marty sucked it up and carried them. Complaining now and again, but he didn't take off for Detroit or anything.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:18 PM
  #46
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
That's his nickname.

He's going nowhere, Ranger for life. More importantly to him, he's a NY'er. You can't put a pricetag on that.
Didn't people think Leetch was going to be a Ranger for life? I bet everyone in Edmonton thought Gretzky would be an Oiler for life, too. Nothing's ever 100% safe. Hank wants to win and he's not getting any younger. I'd love him to stay here for his entire career, but I want him to win a Cup just as much as he wants to. Believe me I don't want him going anywhere, but I wouldn't hold it against him or blame him at all if he bounced.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
  #47
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Didn't people think Leetch was going to be a Ranger for life? I bet everyone in Edmonton thought Gretzky would be an Oiler for life, too. Nothing's ever 100% safe. Hank wants to win and he's not getting any younger. I'd love him to stay here for his entire career, but I want him to win a Cup just as much as he wants to. Believe me I don't want him going anywhere, but I wouldn't hold it against him or blame him at all if he bounced.
Leetch and Gretzky were traded. Both expressed that they wanted to stay where they were. Hank leaving to pursue a Cup is not the same thing.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
  #48
sweranger
Registered User
 
sweranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
He's a Ranger for life. He absolutely loves New York

sweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
  #49
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Hank is clearly frustrated. You could tell even without post game interviews, simply because of the state of the team and how competitive Hank is.

Going into every game knowing you can't let in more than 2 can't be easy, and I'll bet it doesn't help his actual performance any.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 PM
  #50
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Imagine carrying this franchise on your back for close to a decade. How would YOU feel?

1 ECF appearance is all he has to show for it at this point. The man is a contender and wants to win.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.