2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:34 AM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
That's probably where the disparity is, I don't. I say he's a solid upgrade on normal Horton, and a huge upgrade on the current recovering version we're seeing now.

Iginla brings more offense (consistent 30 goal guy) is far more durable, brings a lot more jam even at 35, and has a ton of wealth and leadership. He does this being the sole focus of the other team. Would I pay such a ransom for a Horton clone? No chance. Would I pay it for Iginla, sure would. He's Recchi but far better.
I think then we're just disagreeing on Iginla's value, which is fine. I think 3 first rounders pegs him as like a top 15-20 NHL player. I don't think he's in that group anymore. If he was signed, I might be convinced to give up 2 1st round picks unconditionally, particularly if we felt strongly he was going to Pittsburgh.

This is the other key factor we need to consider. The Bruins are absolutely the class of this Conference now, and for the near future. But Pitt is right there with them, and slightly above as of this morning. Unfortunately the Bruins do need to consider what happens if Pitt acquires and signs Iginla. I feel the Bruins would need an immediate counter to that.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
putabergeronthegrill

I for one would rather see a Clowe type move. Sure he hasn't produced this season but he reminds me of the Kyle Turris situation. not the same skill set but could benefit from a change of scenery. Turris went from what, a healthy scratch to centering Ottawa's first line?

Old
03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by putabergeronthegrill View Post
I for one would rather see a Clowe type move. Sure he hasn't produced this season but he reminds me of the Kyle Turris situation. not the same skill set but could benefit from a change of scenery. Turris went from what, a healthy scratch to centering Ottawa's first line?
Sure that had nothing to do with spezza going down

Old
03-25-2013, 10:43 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
That's probably where the disparity is, I don't. I say he's a solid upgrade on normal Horton, and a huge upgrade on the current recovering version we're seeing now.

Iginla brings more offense (consistent 30 goal guy) is far more durable, brings a lot more jam even at 35, and has a ton of wealth and leadership. He does this being the sole focus of the other team. Would I pay such a ransom for a Horton clone? No chance. Would I pay it for Iginla, sure would. He's Recchi but far better.
The other things to take into consideration are this.

1. IF (huge if, but still) you could extend Iginla and keep the rest of the top 6 intact, what kind of impact would he have on Lucic and Horton's overall games.

2. We talk about 1st round picks as though they're gold. Have the picks that have been made in the Bruins drafting spot by this regime in the 1st round amounted to much of anything at all if you remove the haziness of 2006? Hamill, Colborne, Caron, Subban.

3. I'd be really hesitant to move Spooner or Khokhlachev...BUT...the past week or so has been eye opening for me with Spooner's handling. I feel like he's held his own, and looked fairly good with Lucic and Horton...then he plays with an anchor in Pandolfo and gets sent down...Why aren't they trying to give him the chance to help the team RIGHT now. He's fast, skilled, and can be a PP asset. Things the team needs. Things the team doesn't need? Slow, Not physical, and 3 SOG in 11 games.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:43 AM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
There's not enough room to fit all of the prospects on this team. ID the ones you think have the best shot and look to upgrade the current roster with the others.

It's very hard to win if you don't take chances. Chiarelli had balls the size of watermelons the year he got Kelly, Peverley and Kaberle and it paid off ten fold.

He can sit back and hold fort and we might be OK, but realistically maybe win a round or 2. Or he can display his muscles a bit and infuse this roster with Iginla and show his team and the rest of the NHL that they're going to have to go through the Bruins to win. And good ****ing luck with that.
I approve of this post.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
putabergeronthegrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Sure that had nothing to do with spezza going down
the point is his production dramatically increased after the trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Yes I would. Iginla is an upgrade to Horton. The beauty of it though is that Horton is still on the team and Iginla is replacing a guy like Pandolfo or Caron. Mega upgrade there.
Carl Soderberg will replace Pandolfo. Best cost-effective mega upgrade.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:

I am a little concerned about this. Sure he has won with the national teams but what has he done with the flames? How many coaches, players have past threw the Flames over the years with the same result.

Haven’t coaches complained in the past that he was selfish and not willing to play a team game?

Not trying to be a jerk about this just was thinking this whole love fest for this guy seem a bit overblown to me.

Use our assets to get a player like B Ryan not a broken done way past his prime Iginla, a 30 game Iginla at that.

Last edited by 4ORRBRUIN: 03-25-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: hh
Old
03-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Sevren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Unfortunately the Bruins do need to consider what happens if Pitt acquires and signs Iginla. I feel the Bruins would need an immediate counter to that.
If Pittsburgh signs Iginla our only hope would be Rask playing like 2011 Thomas and Fleury playing like 2010 Fleury.

To all those saying Iginla is slow and looks defeated, you need to watch the Flames more because the man still has it in him. Got the game winning goal again yesterday against the Blues. He is doing whatever he can on a team that's been absolutely horrible for years. Even dropped the gloves twice this year, that's only one less than Lucic. The man would bring the clutch goals and leadership that we so desperately need since Recchi retired.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

According to Matheson, Spooner and Subban aren't going anywhere
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-orr-as-a-kid/
Quote:
The Bruins also need a left-shooting top four defenceman. They’ve sniffed around Jay Bouwmeester, but the price is too high; plus his price point (more than $6.5 million for one more year) is prohibitive. Would they take a run at Whitney, who went to Boston University? They won’t deal top forward prospect Ryan Spooner or Canadian national junior goalie Malcolm Subban in any big trades.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post

yea, well.. Joe Morrow wasn't going anywhere according to Pitt fans.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
I am a little concerned about this. Sure he has won with the national teams but what has he done with the flames? How many coaches, players have past threw the Flames over the years with the same result.

Havenít coaches complained in the past that he was selfish and not willing to play a team game?

Not trying to be a jerk about this just was thinking this whole love fest for this guy seem a bit overblown to me.

Use our assets to get a player like B Ryan not a broken done way past his prime Iginla, a 30 game Iginla at that.
So because the refs blew the call and game 6, Iginla is a choking loser with now leadership, but because Michael Ryder made a great save, Chara and the B's are great leaders?

The guy has been considered a warrior and leader by anyone who has ever played with him. I'm not moving heaven and earth for him, but I'll give him that.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post
Not sure why the Bruins would want to make their D even weaker by adding Whitney.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:03 AM
hopkinsj31

Just get Iginla, negotiate the best deal possible, but ultimately pay whatever is necessary.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by putabergeronthegrill View Post
So we need a guy who`s popped exactly 0 goals, produced 9 assists and is spending more time in the penalty box than anywhere else?? Loved Clowe up to last season and while I hardly think his career is finished, but he looks absolutely lost out there and I`m not sure, with that price tag if it`s worth trying to help him find his game in Boston

Old
03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post

Havenít coaches complained in the past that he was selfish and not willing to play a team game?

There ARE no Bobby Ryan types. Young, 4 straight 30 goal season players are generally not available.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:09 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
yea, well.. Joe Morrow wasn't going anywhere according to Pitt fans.
Chiarelli is dealing from strength and he is going up against a guy who signed Wideman to a ridiculous deal and completely botched the O'Reilly offer.

Chicago wont trade Saad or probably anyone who will hurt them; LA is not forking over same to a team in THEIR Division for a rental; those two teams would probably be happy to see him head East. You think LA wants to supply a close competitor- they are no different than Boston and Montreal making a deal starting next season

Its going to be Pittsburgh and Boston and the Penguins just traded a very good prospect and filled a spot

Chiarelli also can fish other places- Feaster is playing checkers and Chia chess

Old
03-25-2013, 11:10 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsj31 View Post
Just get Iginla, negotiate the best deal possible, but ultimately pay whatever is necessary.
So, let`s propose a 1st rounder, Peverley and a Krug/Spooner is the asking price. If I come back on here a year from now, and the B`s aren`t

A- defending Cup champs

B- Couldn`t re-sign Iggy

C-were watching the entire first round of the deepest drafts in years go by without a pick you`d be.....

....ok with that?

Maybe you would be, I`m not so eager, I like Iggy, I`m not at all a fan of what I think the price will be to pry him outta there, and if it`s an extension Iggy would want to come to Boston my question is, how many truly productive years can they get out of him, and at what price??? He won`t come cheap in a trade, and for the icing on the cake, he won`t sign for a discount, that`s one heckuva price for him

Old
03-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1044--nhl.html

Some speculation on Tyler Myers.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Chiarelli is dealing from strength and he is going up against a guy who signed Wideman to a ridiculous deal and completely botched the O'Reilly offer.

Chicago wont trade Saad or probably anyone who will hurt them; LA is not forking over same to a team in THEIR Division for a rental; those two teams would probably be happy to see him head East. You think LA wants to supply a close competitor- they are no different than Boston and Montreal making a deal starting next season

Its going to be Pittsburgh and Boston and the Penguins just traded a very good prospect and filled a spot

Chiarelli also can fish other places- Feaster is playing checkers and Chia chess
Still trying to figure out what Iggy brings to the Hawks that they don`t have??

Not speed, not scoring, they still have many from their Cup winning team so....

Old
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Sorry, his game makes Komisarek`s look like a Norris candidate, he has zero physicality in his game, or at least nowhere near what he should be bringing since he brings little else to the table and that contract???? FUGLY

Old
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Oates2Neely

In a 'perfect world', Ottawa would start losing games right now and news would break that they are shopping Alfredsson. Feaster will botch this Iginla trade, mark my words, the man is messy. I wouldnt be shocked come April 4th, Iginla is still wearing a Flames jersey.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Interestingly enough, people are clamoring for Iginla to revisit what Chiarelli did at the 2011 deadline.

That year he traded within his division not once, but twice.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

Odaat, Iginla does bring them a winger who works the boards, which I think could help them against most Eastern conference teams. But, I dont think he is going to the Hawks either.
Dkh, I don't think Chia is dealing from a position of strength at all, but I will take Chia over Feaster every time.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
So, let`s propose a 1st rounder, Peverley and a Krug/Spooner is the asking price. If I come back on here a year from now, and the B`s aren`t

A- defending Cup champs

B- Couldn`t re-sign Iggy

C-were watching the entire first round of the deepest drafts in years go by without a pick you`d be.....

....ok with that?

Maybe you would be, I`m not so eager, I like Iggy, I`m not at all a fan of what I think the price will be to pry him outta there, and if it`s an extension Iggy would want to come to Boston my question is, how many truly productive years can they get out of him, and at what price??? He won`t come cheap in a trade, and for the icing on the cake, he won`t sign for a discount, that`s one heckuva price for him
Every year I hear "deepest draft in years" towards the end of the season. It gets old. Or "deeper than we originally thought."

Really gotta go for it within the next year or two. Window is getting smaller... fast.

Closed Thread