HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 12:08 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Friedman mentions that Vancouver is still a possible destination. Would Gaunce + Connauton + 1st work for Calgary?
Only if that's the best offer which I don't think it would be, and if its even with another teams offer, he still goes East. Vancouver will have to offer more than other teams because they are in Division.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Friedman mentions that Vancouver is still a possible destination. Would Gaunce + Connauton + 1st work for Calgary?
I doubt there is interest in Gaunce.

A Wings fan earlier suggested Schroeder, Rodin, 1st & 2nd. Since Rodin has signed in Europe for a couple years he would be out and from what I gather Connauton holds similar value so I countered with him in the package rather than Rodin and he and another Canucks fan agreed. I know its an overpayment, but quite frankly that is what it would take especially from Vancouver and considering how much of a sellers market it is.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
bosbruin

vCash: 500
Is it just me? Why on earth would any team offer a 1st round pick for a rental player for 2 months? How about a conditional 2nd or 3rd? If the player signs an extension, we'll make it a 1st.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
Is it just me? Why on earth would any team offer a 1st round pick for a rental player for 2 months? How about a conditional 2nd or 3rd? If the player signs an extension, we'll make it a 1st.
Because you play to win the cup, not to have the best farm team.
If the gm thinks the player will increase their chance of winning, then he goes for it

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
If the gm thinks the player will increase their chance of winning, then he goes for it

When it comes from the player himself, we gotta take it for face value!

What team do you most want to be traded to Jarome?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
If that was true, I woundn't bet the house on it. Just because the Pens got bent over doesn't meen a thing.

I think the Bruins will be smart about this, I trust our gm. Iginla will be a nice pu ONLY at the right price.

And seeing the names Flames fans feel it will take. NO THANKS !
Pens didn't get bent over. It still has its first round pick; it acquired a high third round pick with Morrow and didn't have to give up another prospect too boot. The team that gets bent over will be the one that gives a first round pick and two top prospects for Iggy. Your organization can't afford to do that, otherwise, your farm system goes directly to the bottom.

The fact Pittsburgh traded Joe Morrow in the deal tells me one thing - he simply fell in the eyes of the organization and all our other D prospects have passed him - otherwise, you don't deal him for B. Morrow. It's pretty simple.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM
PenguinTommy

Shero definitely has the assets to acquire Iginla, he can make a trade if he wants.

It was the same scenario with BMorrow yesterday. He could say, "I'm not going to trade Joe and will wait for a couple years until he and our 5 other top d-man prospects develop."

There are some teams which are happy to have two good D-man prospects and we have FIVE after we traded Joe Morrow.

There's no way all of our Dman prospects will play in Burgh. Some of them will be traded, sooner or later. It's just up to Shero if trades them now, and if so, which of them he would trade.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
It's just you. 1st round picks without a condition attached are handed out like candy around the trade deadline.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
This is the number one problem on Hockeysfuture... People get so wrapped up in prospects they forget the actual goal... You dont have to many opportunities, so when you do, you go for it.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:23 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
Shero definitely has the assets to acquire Iginla, he can make a trade if he wants.

It was the same scenario with BMorrow yesterday. He could say, "I'm not going to trade Joe and will wait for a couple years until he and our 5 other top d-man prospects develop."

There are some teams which are happy to have two good D-man prospects and we have FIVE after we traded Joe Morrow.

There's no way all of our Dman prospects will play in Burgh. Some of them will be traded, sooner or later. It's just up to Shero if trades them now, and if so, which of them he would trade.
It's poor asset management to trade for him after yesterday. Do you realize in two years Pittsburgh has only one Dman signed right now (Martin)? After resigning Malkin to his deal, it will be imperative for two of these guys to step in and play. Trading two more along with a first wouldn't be smart. You need to see how these guys develop in the next year or two and it will all sort itself out.

Yesterday, Pittsburgh traded a high D prospect for a guy that could walk. No sense adding two more D prospects and a first round pick for another guy who more than likely will march right back to Calgary. Again, that is ****** asset management.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
It's poor asset management to trade for him after yesterday. Do you realize in two years Pittsburgh has only one Dman signed right now (Martin)? After resigning Malkin to his deal, it will be imperative for two of these guys to step in and play. Trading two more along with a first wouldn't be smart. You need to see how these guys develop in the next year or two and it will all sort itself out.

Yesterday, Pittsburgh traded a high D prospect for a guy that could walk. No sense adding two more D prospects and a first round pick for another guy who more than likely will march right back to Calgary. Again, that is ****** asset management.
Common line of thinking around these parts is that Iginla will likely sign an extension with the team he gets traded to.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Pens didn't get bent over. It still has its first round pick; it acquired a high third round pick with Morrow and didn't have to give up another prospect too boot. The team that gets bent over will be the one that gives a first round pick and two top prospects for Iggy. Your organization can't afford to do that, otherwise, your farm system goes directly to the bottom.

The fact Pittsburgh traded Joe Morrow in the deal tells me one thing - he simply fell in the eyes of the organization and all our other D prospects have passed him - otherwise, you don't deal him for B. Morrow. It's pretty simple.
Sure they did.

Stars asked for Saad last year for Morrow and StanBo laughed at them. They caved in to Nieuwendyk's demands like a house of cards in a strong wind believing whatever it was that Joe was selling them.

Morrow isn't a final piece to a Cup team.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:26 PM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Common line of thinking around these parts is that Iginla will likely sign an extension with the team he gets traded to.
Yeah Iginla doesn't seem like a mercenary. He will probably want to stay with wherever he gets traded to. Otherwise what's the point of his list

Old
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Toydarian

It would make a lot of sense for PIT to not only trade for Iginla, but willingly overpay in order to acquire him.

As other posters have said, PIT has one of their best opportunities to win a cup this season. Not only does Iginla gives them a much better team, it ensures BOS doesn't get him, making their chances of reaching the finals even better.

If the price is top prospects and picks. I think PIT should absolutely go for it.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
I doubt there is interest in Gaunce.

A Wings fan earlier suggested Schroeder, Rodin, 1st & 2nd. Since Rodin has signed in Europe for a couple years he would be out and from what I gather Connauton holds similar value so I countered with him in the package rather than Rodin and he and another Canucks fan agreed. I know its an overpayment, but quite frankly that is what it would take especially from Vancouver and considering how much of a sellers market it is.
Yeah, i would probably do that if the 2nd was in 2014

Old
03-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Toydarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
Yeah Iginla doesn't seem like a mercenary. He will probably want to stay with wherever he gets traded to. Otherwise what's the point of his list
Well his list is the top teams in the NHL, so I would assume the point of his list is to get him on a team with the best chance of winning the cup this season.

(Not that I disagree with him wanting to stay wherever he ends up)

Old
03-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

More JJ wisdom;
Just a couple, but . . . the Hawks are offering Calgary just about any prospect not named Teravainen, Danault, or Saad for Jarome Iginla. As these things often go, the Flames have asked for Saad

This is so out there now I am fully convinced JJ is just making stuff up.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Sure they did.

Stars asked for Saad last year for Morrow and StanBo laughed at them. They caved in to Nieuwendyk's demands like a house of cards in a strong wind believing whatever it was that Joe was selling them.

Morrow isn't a final piece to a Cup team.

Again, Pittsburgh gave up a prospect that was falling in the graces of management and a fifth. Still have like six top D prospects and its first. The team that gets Iggy is getting bent over, especially when he walks back to Calgary at the end of the season.

Morrow is a nice piece that Pittsburgh needed. I don't think we are done. Think we have another minor move to make. We had excess of something. We still have Harrington, Maatta, Pouliott, Roupp, Dumoulin, Samuelsson.

Maybe Shero felt sorry for Joe N. So, we have acquired Morrow, Neal and Niskanen and a third in the last 1.5 years for Goligoski, Joe Morrow and a 5th.

Agree to disagree.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

Saad and Pirri for Iggy

Old
03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
More JJ wisdom;
Just a couple, but . . . the Hawks are offering Calgary just about any prospect not named Teravainen, Danault, or Saad for Jarome Iginla. As these things often go, the Flames have asked for Saad

This is so out there now I am fully convinced JJ is just making stuff up.
Well, so any prospect the Flames would actually be interested in...id be happy with Saad + Maybe a guy like Olson + 2nd.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
It would make a lot of sense for PIT to not only trade for Iginla, but willingly overpay in order to acquire him.

As other posters have said, PIT has one of their best opportunities to win a cup this season. Not only does Iginla gives them a much better team, it ensures BOS doesn't get him, making their chances of reaching the finals even better.

If the price is top prospects and picks. I think PIT should absolutely go for it.
It makes absolutely no sense. You have already gotten a possible rental for a top D prospect, albeit one falling in the graces for management. No need to add two more D prospects and a first for another one to bolt. They both bolt, what do you have in the farm? You have no sense of reality what happens in two years on the blueline in Pittsburgh. Go to Capgreek and you will see what I'm talking about. It's not just about winning the Cup this year ... its about competing every year for it.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Well, so any prospect the Flames would actually be interested in...id be happy with Saad + Maybe a guy like Olson + 2nd.
Pretty much, basicly.

I really cant see Saad going anywhere, even for Iggy. You really don't want Olsen unless he is a throw in. Hes bad. Clendening is the name I'm asking for as one piece if I was Feaster.

Talk of Iggy has hit Rockford in full force. I think there might be something to the smoke.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Pretty much, basicly.

I really cant see Saad going anywhere, even for Iggy. You really don't want Olsen unless he is a throw in. Hes bad. Clendening is the name I'm asking for as one piece if I was Feaster.

Talk of Iggy has hit Rockford in full force. I think there might be something to the smoke.
Really? I thought Olson still had some good upside. I went to highschool with the guy. Thats too bad.

FWIW I think Iginla will resign with whatever team he is traded to.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
nogger
Missed the Net AINEC

Has a rental ever been traded from a team and then resigned back with them in the offseason?

90% of HF think that is what will happen. I can't recall it ever really happening.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Any updates this morning fellas?

Closed Thread