HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - tb / mtl - flr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 11:02 AM
  #1
dustyrockon
Registered User
 
dustyrockon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Mtl - tb / mtl - flr

Brian Lee / Eric Brewer (I feel Brewer would be asking way to much for what's offered)

For

Yannick Weber
Prospect? (Who?)

And

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle (dump if they accepted taking him)

For

Jack Skille
Logan Shaw / pick? (Projected shut down winger in a couple years)

Let the hate begin.. lol

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM
  #2
redbear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Brian Lee / Eric Brewer (I feel Brewer would be asking way to much for what's offered)

For

Yannick Weber
Prospect? (Who?)

And

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle (dump if they accepted taking him)

For

Jack Skille
Logan Shaw / pick? (Projected shut down winger in a couple years)

Let the hate begin.. lol
Brian Lee was just waived I do believe .

redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
  #3
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Brian Lee / Eric Brewer (I feel Brewer would be asking way to much for what's offered)

For

Yannick Weber
Prospect? (Who?)

And

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle (dump if they accepted taking him)

For

Jack Skille
Logan Shaw / pick? (Projected shut down winger in a couple years)

Let the hate begin.. lol
Brian Lee was waived, and he's useless. He doesn't fight, he's not physical he might be 6'3 but he rarely even hits. He's a Gorges 2.0, he's a shot blocker and about it, but Gorges is good defensively atleast.

Rene bourque is out for the season, no need for trading him at low value while he still has years left on his contract. Kaberle is a crappy defenceman but depth is useful come playoff time and we're a rich team, we can easily buy him out.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
  #4
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Brian Lee was waived, and he's useless. He doesn't fight, he's not physical he might be 6'3 but he rarely even hits. He's a Gorges 2.0, he's a shot blocker and about it, but Gorges is good defensively atleast.

Rene bourque is out for the season, no need for trading him at low value while he still has years left on his contract. Kaberle is a crappy defenceman but depth is useful come playoff time and we're a rich team, we can easily buy him out.
Who says bourque is out for the rest of the season ?? I thought they said he still has some symptom of concussion but not out for the season .... I believe he will be back in 2-3 week

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
  #5
dustyrockon
Registered User
 
dustyrockon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Brian Lee was waived, and he's useless. He doesn't fight, he's not physical he might be 6'3 but he rarely even hits. He's a Gorges 2.0, he's a shot blocker and about it, but Gorges is good defensively atleast.

Rene bourque is out for the season, no need for trading him at low value while he still has years left on his contract. Kaberle is a crappy defenceman but depth is useful come playoff time and we're a rich team, we can easily buy him out.
We should claim lee then. Scrap the first deal.

Lee has 49 hits those year and is 3rd on Tampa... mind you if he really does suck defensively then forget It.

However I personally like Skille, and he would be a nice addition for the fourth line. I undervalue bourque personally, and have not liked him since he joined the habs last year.

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
  #6
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod
 
Yzlamic Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Brian Lee / Eric Brewer (I feel Brewer would be asking way to much for what's offered)

For

Yannick Weber
Prospect? (Who?)

And

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle (dump if they accepted taking him)

For

Jack Skille
Logan Shaw / pick? (Projected shut down winger in a couple years)

Let the hate begin.. lol
I'd do Brewer for Weber + Prospect. If it's a risk reward prospect throw in a 4th and you got a deal. If no prospect, throw in a second and you got a deal.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM
  #7
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I'd do Brewer for Weber + Prospect. If it's a risk reward prospect throw in a 4th and you got a deal. If no prospect, throw in a second and you got a deal.
Brewer is nice but isn't the toughness we're looking for. He was useless vs the Bruins in the 2011 playoffs, he'll be useless again.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
  #8
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Who says bourque is out for the rest of the season ?? I thought they said he still has some symptom of concussion but not out for the season .... I believe he will be back in 2-3 week
He started to skate again, and felt concussion related symptoms which is said to delay his recovery. He'd be very unlikely to come back before season's end.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:38 AM
  #9
M.C.G. 31
make something up
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 48,250
vCash: 233
Why exactly would we be trading Rene Bourque? If he returns and plays the way he did before injury, it'd be more beneficial to keep him.

__________________
Some imaginary friends never go away.
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:38 AM
  #10
dustyrockon
Registered User
 
dustyrockon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I'd do Brewer for Weber + Prospect. If it's a risk reward prospect throw in a 4th and you got a deal. If no prospect, throw in a second and you got a deal.
Option one . What say you about Brady Vail?

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:39 AM
  #11
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
We should claim lee then. Scrap the first deal.

Lee has 49 hits those year and is 3rd on Tampa... mind you if he really does suck defensively then forget It.

However I personally like Skille, and he would be a nice addition for the fourth line. I undervalue bourque personally, and have not liked him since he joined the habs last year.
No need for Lee we have enough depth at D, but he'd be better than Weber on the depth chart. Mind you he's -13 this season which is pretty awful for a young-vet DFD.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
  #12
dustyrockon
Registered User
 
dustyrockon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
He started to skate again, and felt concussion related symptoms which is said to delay his recovery. He'd be very unlikely to come back before season's end.
Exactly so you trade him now, with a year left, and with the idea that he was playing well before injury which gives him a bit more value. Rather then wait and see if he can pick up where he left off. Pretty sure it's not his first concussion.... that scares ,me

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
  #13
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Option one . What say you about Brady Vail?
Why do you want Brewer lol? Didn't you see him get Knocked Out cold by Simmonds last year? Then he was yapping at Emelin the game after, real tough lol.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:44 AM
  #14
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Exactly so you trade him now, with a year left, and with the idea that he was playing well before injury which gives him a bit more value. Rather then wait and see if he can pick up where he left off. Pretty sure it's not his first concussion.... that scares ,me
Bourque is the type of player we need in the line-up, a winger with size. Not a type of player we need to get rid of. He has very little value at the moment, despite his vigorous start.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:50 AM
  #15
Laus723
#CatsAreComing
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,541
vCash: 500
Why the Florida trade?

__________________
Future now!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:52 AM
  #16
dustyrockon
Registered User
 
dustyrockon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Bourque is the type of player we need in the line-up, a winger with size. Not a type of player we need to get rid of. He has very little value at the moment, despite his vigorous start.
I wouldn't quite call it a vigorous start.... he barely cracked 20hits in 17 games and only had 10 points.... it's better then his 8 points in 38 games with US last year... but really? I'd rather have Skille on the 3rd / 4th line who actually plays a physical game, has a moen-esque style but with better hands then bourque...

As for brewer he is 6'4, can play top 4 minutes, has over 60 blocked shots and 50 hits... and can still contribute offensively when needed. He's qualified in my books as a legit shutdown vet.

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
  #17
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 24,009
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
As for brewer he is 6'4, can play top 4 minutes, has over 60 blocked shots and 50 hits... and can still contribute offensively when needed. He's qualified in my books as a legit shutdown vet.
Well while playing in actual hockey system may get him to bounce back, he hasn't been top4D this year.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
  #18
dustyrockon
Registered User
 
dustyrockon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Well while playing in actual hockey system may get him to bounce back, he hasn't been top4D this year.
So he's not worth overpaying for... perfect.

Weber for Brewer straight up!

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
  #19
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 24,009
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
So he's not worth overpaying for... perfect.

Weber for Brewer straight up!
That would seem like sideways move for Tampa. Maybe even step back.

Tampa may trade him but they would want something coming back. There's still chance Brewer bounces back under new coach. Reports were that Tampa vets were tuning out Boucher.. and all of them have seemed to regress the past year or two.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
  #20
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan
 
The YzerJesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: location location
Country: United States
Posts: 6,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Why do you want Brewer lol? Didn't you see him get Knocked Out cold by Simmonds last year? Then he was yapping at Emelin the game after, real tough lol.
Nooo?...

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.