HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2013, 12:03 PM
  #176
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
The same thing was said about Justin Schultz and he signed in Edmonton even when Wings fans were all absolutely sure he would be in a Red Wings uniform.
I don't recall a Wings fan believing Schultz would be a Red Wing.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
  #177
TCNorthstars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
Detroit does not hate young prospects. We have simply had the fortune of not having to use our prospects in the past, and allowed them to mature within the A.



Money would be the same. Almost every team will be giving him a max'ed out ELC, with bonuses. According to a source (an immediate family member of DeKeysers), they had guaranteed him top-4 playing minutes, power play time, AND the opportunity to play infront of his family and friends. No other team can say that. No other team can provide the opportunity to play in front of his family. Is that the final say in where to go? Absolutely not, but it's a solid point as it's the main reason Minnesota got Parise and Suter.



Red Wings fans did NOT think he was coming to Detroit. In fact, Schultz himself had Detroit out of the race a week before he had even came down to his final teams. He was never projected to come to Detroit, everyone thought he was a Canuck. Also, DeKeyser played under Jeff Blashill in Western. Guess who coaches the Grand Rapids Griffins currently? Jeff Blashill. If DeKeyser did infact not make the line-up immediately, I highly doubt he would care going to play for a coach he is familiar with.

Also, what most is forgetting is that DeKeyser could've came into the big show last season. Brian Burke was heavily chasing after him and trying to get him into the league last year, but it was Detroit management that told DeKeyser that he should go back to Western and play his Junior year out. He indeed decided to go play in college for another season, put on weight, improved his skating dramatically and still is quoted saying that he is willing to do another year outside of the NHL to ensure his body is ready for the NHL, IF he felt that way. The kid doesn't demand ice-time immediately.

If it is true Tampa stepped down, then I really see 3 possibilities.

Detroit - we all know, there's more than enough reasons.
Anaheim - Brian Burke heavily chased him during his career with Western, tried to get him in the NHL last season, now scouting for the Ducks.
Nashville - One of his best buddies is a prospect for Nashville.

The only connection to St.Louis would be with Trevor Nill, Jim Nill's son, who was drafted by the Blues back in 2007? But that has more connection to the Nill family as Jim Nill himself was drafted by the Blues.
The bolded throws this off for me. PP time for Dekeyser? lol

TCNorthstars is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
  #178
nbducksfan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 763
vCash: 500
ducks deserve him after the whole Schultz fiasco. Either way, hope he lands in a good spot, seems like a talented player.

nbducksfan19 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:13 PM
  #179
JJTT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 500
Can someone give some kind scouting report of this guy , nhl comparisions ,upside etc?

JJTT is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
  #180
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Asking an Anaheim fan...who would sit in his favor? It looks like you have a good group of 7. Who would you get rid of?

In St. Louis, we have a hole in our top 4 on the left side. Pietro or Shatty one needs a partner. Polak is a right d-man too, not a left. We have Jackman. Russell has been 100% better as a 5-6 guy. Redden has filled a gap, but it is a gaping hole still. Cole has been consistently inconsistent as he has been giving every opportunity to take Russell or Redden's post, but hasn't. DeKeyser could step in here and play, if he is just a shutdown d-man that will cover the forever jumping in the play style of both Shatty and Pietro. If he is the anchor that they project him to be. He can step in for the next 10 years with a 20 minute a night job. Outside of Cole, we have no one that is close to stepping in at the NHL level.

That has to be attractive to DeKeyser... While we have no cups, we are a serious contender again, and will be for a while.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
  #181
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Asking an Anaheim fan...who would sit in his favor? It looks like you have a good group of 7. Who would you get rid of?

In St. Louis, we have a hole in our top 4 on the left side. Pietro or Shatty one needs a partner. Polak is a right d-man too, not a left. We have Jackman. Russell has been 100% better as a 5-6 guy. Redden has filled a gap, but it is a gaping hole still. Cole has been consistently inconsistent as he has been giving every opportunity to take Russell or Redden's post, but hasn't. DeKeyser could step in here and play, if he is just a shutdown d-man that will cover the forever jumping in the play style of both Shatty and Pietro. If he is the anchor that they project him to be. He can step in for the next 10 years with a 20 minute a night job. Outside of Cole, we have no one that is close to stepping in at the NHL level.

That has to be attractive to DeKeyser... While we have no cups, we are a serious contender again, and will be for a while.
We could always get rid of Allen, Lydman and Souray. And the Ducks are looking good for the next years as well, especially with Getzlaf and Perry locked up.

Plus: He'd be trained by Scott Niedermayer in Anaheim. Try to beat that.

Unagi is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
  #182
loLZokAY
str8 gonger
 
loLZokAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
We could always get rid of Allen, Lydman and Souray. And the Ducks are looking good for the next years as well, especially with Getzlaf and Perry locked up.

Plus: He'd be trained by Scott Niedermayer in Anaheim. Try to beat that.
Chris Chelios would be more than happy to develop this man for us

loLZokAY is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:43 PM
  #183
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loLZokAY View Post
Chris Chelios would be more than happy to develop this man for us
No offense but Niedermayer > Chelios

Unagi is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:43 PM
  #184
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
We could always get rid of Allen, Lydman and Souray.

Plus: He'd be trained by Scott Niedermayer in Anaheim. Try to beat that.
Well he'd be trained by Chelios & Fischer here, and I'm sure Lidstrom when he comes to visit could give some pointers.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
  #185
Dick Whitman
Registered User
 
Dick Whitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
We could always get rid of Allen, Lydman and Souray. And the Ducks are looking good for the next years as well, especially with Getzlaf and Perry locked up.

Plus: He'd be trained by Scott Niedermayer in Anaheim. Try to beat that.
He could play with Erik Karlsson. Done.

Dick Whitman is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
  #186
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
No offense but Niedermayer > Chelios
Highly debatable, Chelios is ranked 10th all time by our very own History Board, Niedermayer is ranked 33. Mind you this is not the place nor time for a discussion but most people have Chelios ranked ahead of Niedermayer on their all time list.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
  #187
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
We could always get rid of Allen, Lydman and Souray. And the Ducks are looking good for the next years as well, especially with Getzlaf and Perry locked up.

Plus: He'd be trained by Scott Niedermayer in Anaheim. Try to beat that.
Al MacInnis....checkmate. Dude...over Chelios and the greatest I got to see Lidstrom? No way....

Pietros partner... I'd take that for DeKeyser.

If you do sign him, then let us know what piece your dumping for a 5th round pick...we're in...ha ha

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
  #188
Halibut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Can someone give some kind scouting report of this guy , nhl comparisions ,upside etc?
All I've heard is Mackenzie say he's not a superstar. He'll be a good d-man but from what I hear he's more stay at home defence first who's fairly mobile.

Halibut is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
  #189
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Per Stu Grimson, DeKeyser's shortlist is apparently as follows: EDM, DET, ANA, STL, NSH. Meehan is in Nashville today to kill two birds with one stone, as the Oilers and Predators play tonight.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:59 PM
  #190
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Per Stu Grimson, DeKeyser's shortlist is apparently as follows: EDM, DET, ANA, STL, NSH. Meehan is in Nashville today to kill two birds with one stone, as the Oilers and Predators play tonight.
My guess is that Ana, STL, and NSH are there to drive up the asking price.

You might say, "but the price is the same for all teams!" but I think the goal is to see if one GM will promise Danny things that he maybe should not, like REALLY large amounts of ice time.

The way I see this working out is as follows:

He has Detroit, and he knows what Detroit is offering. He wants to see if Edmonton will go over the top, in which case he'll sign in Edmonton. He's kicking the tires on the other teams to see if they'll wow him, but it's mostly to see if Edmonton will really go crazy with their offer. If Edmonton just sort of sticks to their original offer, he'll sign in Detroit.

Here are the big bargaining chips as I see them (and let's note that while these are not guarantees, they are "chances" that a GM can offer):

Nashville: The chance to play with Shea Weber either eventually or even this season a little bit.

STL: Similarly, the chance to play with Pietrangelo a bit.

Anaheim: ??? I think they're being used to increase demand. They have a stocked prospect pool and nothing particularly prestigious for a young D to covet.

Edmonton: The chance to play first pairing with Schultz and see if it works.

Detroit: top 4 minutes and power play time on his home team with his family cheering him on. (Basically, the fanboy dream)


Last edited by Guru Meditation: 03-25-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Guru Meditation is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
  #191
Unagi
Registered User
 
Unagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Highly debatable, Chelios is ranked 10th all time by our very own History Board, Niedermayer is ranked 33. Mind you this is not the place nor time for a discussion but most people have Chelios ranked ahead of Niedermayer on their all time list.
Last post from me: I'd draft Niedermayer ahead of Chelios for my team any day.

Back to topic

Unagi is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:03 PM
  #192
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
My guess is that Ana, STL, and NSH are there to drive up the asking price.

You might say, "but the price is the same for all teams!" but I think the goal is to see if one GM will promise Danny things that he maybe should not, like REALLY large amounts of ice time.

The way I see this working out is as follows:

He has Detroit, and he knows what Detroit is offering. He wants to see if Edmonton will go over the top, in which case he'll sign in Edmonton. He's kicking the tires on the other teams to see if they'll wow him, but it's mostly to see if Edmonton will really go crazy with their offer. If Edmonton just sort of sticks to their original offer, he'll sign in Detroit.
The only thing I see in Nashville's favor is that Andy Murray(WMU coach) and Poile\Trotz are ooooold friends, and one of DeK's teammates, Chase Balisy, is a Predators prospect and their leading scorer. Our blueline is also thin enough at the moment that they could likely promise some NHL icetime immediately, just like DET and EDM.

Plus...if you're a young defenseman, NSH is a factory for churning out star talent on the back end.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:08 PM
  #193
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Our blueline is also thin enough at the moment that they could likely promise some NHL icetime immediately, just like DET and EDM.
I think the question has become (for every team): how likely and how much? It's become a bidding war with promises.

Guru Meditation is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:15 PM
  #194
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,633
vCash: 500
My Mistake it was Minnesota and Vancouver fans celebrating Schultz's signing before hand.

Apologizes to all Detroit fans

Joe Hallenback is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM
  #195
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
I think the question has become (for every team): how likely and how much? It's become a bidding war with promises.
I doubt that. He'll be looking for the best chance to succeed at the earliest possible opportunity. Demanding X, Y & Z while being unproven and then not being able to cope with it is not going to endear you to your new teammates. Wanting an NHL roster spot for the rest of the season and the chance of ice-time if you show your capable is about as much as I expect he'll want.

Ultimately, playing on the third pairing of a decent team is going to be a better chance to learn and succeed than potentially getting overwhelmed on the top pairing of a crap team.

I suspect his mind is pretty much made up on Detroit, but it is a case of whether another team can sell themselves to him enough to change his mind. I don't think that will be done through short term promises though.

Alklha is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
  #196
Number1RedWingsFan52
Registered User
 
Number1RedWingsFan52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winter Haven Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Money wise is not all the same. The teams that will give him playing time(right away) will be giving him more money and an NHL job. Is Detroit going to do that?
It Is too all the same It's an entry level contract with means about $900,000 plus performance bounus of another $450,000 the most any team can sign him to Is $1,350,000 That's what Sustr In Tampa Bay signed for. And yes If you followed my post both Holland and Babcock promised him Top 4 minutes If he signed with Detroit right away.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
  #197
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,573
vCash: 500
DD only signs in Edmonton if he is a big fan of losing.

The image that the Oilers are an up and coming team is dead.

WingedWheel1987 is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
  #198
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 22,599
vCash: 270
It's going to come down to Detroit and St. Louis IMO. I doubt any player that was a Detroit fan growing up would take St. Louis over Detroit. I won't be very close in the end.

bleedblue1223 is online now  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
  #199
TCNorthstars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
It Is too all the same It's an entry level contract with means about $900,000 plus performance bounus of another $450,000 the most any team can sign him to Is $1,350,000 That's what Sustr In Tampa Bay signed for. And yes If you followed my post both Holland and Babcock promised him Top 4 minutes If he signed with Detroit right away.
Where you in the room when this "promise" was made? Do you really think the Wings are really going to guarantee him a top 4 spot? 1.3M if he is in the NHL. Less than 100k when he is in Grand Rapids.

TCNorthstars is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
  #200
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
It Is too all the same It's an entry level contract with means about $900,000 plus performance bounus of another $450,000 the most any team can sign him to Is $1,350,000 That's what Sustr In Tampa Bay signed for. And yes If you followed my post both Holland and Babcock promised him Top 4 minutes If he signed with Detroit right away.
I think he was making the point that if he is certain to be on the NHL roster then the money is significantly more than if he ends up in the AHL.

Alklha is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.