HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
Normally I'd agree with you, but come on man this team needs to live a little... the opportunity is there to bust through the Eastern Conf this season, no need to mess with that chance.. need to walk the fine line of being aggressive but not mortgaging the future

The depth pickups that people are suggesting in this thread are all good ideas, they need 14 reliable F deep and 8 or 9 steady D deep and if the Bergevin and Co. can do it for a couple of middle of the road prospects or late picks, 100% go for it.
Big time ^^this^^

I don’t want to ship away Tinordi like prospects (by that I mean Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi and Beaulieu) but there is, right now and thanks to Bergevin, Therrien, our leaders acting the role and our rookies adding depth, an opening in the East.

Healthy, our Canadiens are a force to be reckoned with. There is no way we should be sellers at the deadline.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Et le But

I can't believe anyone would want us to be sellers right now.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I can't believe anyone would want us to be sellers right now.
We could be on track for an 82-0 season and some people would want us to be sellers if a shiny new prospect was up for grabs.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Don't want to be "buyers" or "sellers" in a typical deadline sense, at least. (Although "givers" wrt Kaberle would be fine).

But that said, if there are any trade opportunities out there which don't involve the simplistic trading of impending-UFA rental players, in either direction, but which instead provide the possibility of seeing the team get better by acquiring players who would be part of a longer term mix for the team... well, that's different, and giving up some prospects in the right such deal could be fine. I don't think the UFA market in the summer is shaping up to be all that promising.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
lou

Does any one know what third round pick from Dallas was traded to us and which one traded to Pitsburg Thanks in Advance

Old
03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
For HFboards:

fighting > size > toughness > speed > skill

unreal

Old
03-25-2013, 11:44 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
We could be on track for an 82-0 season and some people would want us to be sellers if a shiny new prospect was up for grabs.
How shiny is shiny?

Old
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Here is what is said word for word:

LeBrun: ''I don't think Marc Bergevin is keen on the rental thing...I think, if you could get Ryane Clowe and somehow be pretty confident in your ability of signing him that's a different thing...Because I think he's a fabulous fit for Montreal...he's exactly the type of player Bergevin is on the lookout for...if you can get grit that can play with skill players, that's a real sexy fit around this league.''

There was absolutely nothing at all about Bergevin wanting Ryane Clowe specifically. Merely LeBrun's opinion.
And I share LeBrun's opinion. There's something wrong in San Jose and I'm afraid the coach has lost the dressing room or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Players that are broken and can't score? According to Sharks fans he is playing hurt and hasn't scored a goal all season. How is he better than what we have on the roster right now? Why give up futures/assets to acquire such a player?

Talbot would be a much better target if we are going to make a trade.
According to Habs fans, Desharnais is rotten garbage. Does that mean it's the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
MB wont go after Kopecky, Clowe or Talbot
You could have the decency of asking me before taking my image and using it as an avatar.

http://www.allhabs.net/feature/in-brandon-we-prust/

Old
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You could have the decency of asking me before taking my image and using it as an avatar.

http://www.allhabs.net/feature/in-brandon-we-prust/
Wow, how anal of you.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Wow, how anal of you.
Seriously... seriously? He can't be serious.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
DJ Breadman

Would love to be buys this year, there are only 3 teams in the east, us/pens/boston, we've already beat basically the same pens team(minus james Neil) two years ago, boston gives us trouble but we've been better against them this year. The Path to the eastern conference finals could be wide open from there who knows

Old
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Et le But

Is that supposed to be Iron Man or "The Canadien"?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Is Clarkson even an option? Why would the Devils let him go?
Because some Habs' fans want him isn't a justified reasons? Come on, Lamoriello should know better...

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Avim86

I had the a dream that we traded Weber + 2nd for Jagr...

Old
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM
zzoo

It seems that Douglas Murray is traded to Pittsburgh.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
It seems that Douglas Murray is traded to Pittsburgh.
Guess they want to get ahead of the curve.

Boston and the Habs will start to get in on it soon.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

Loui

If Loui were available for real in Dallas, I'd target him. At least, he comes back with a few more years with a good cap hit. With a proven guy like him, you can certainly talk prospect like Kristo and some choices at the draft, and it wouldn't be as hard to swallow as mere rentals would, considering the price would be almost the same per most users' opinions.

I still want the Habs to get bigger, but with Loui Eriksson, you are solidifying your top two lines and go towards a real proper 3-offensive lines team.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

If it's a cheap buy, I'll be pissed. We could use that kind of depth if it didn't cost too many assets. Now, everybody will be jumping on a guy like Regehr. Ugh...

Old
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou View Post
Does any one know what third round pick from Dallas was traded to us and which one traded to Pitsburg Thanks in Advance
We got Dallas' pick.

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657609

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Would love to be buys this year, there are only 3 teams in the east, us/pens/boston, we've already beat basically the same pens team(minus james Neil) two years ago, boston gives us trouble but we've been better against them this year. The Path to the eastern conference finals could be wide open from there who knows
PIT is a much better team now than in 2010, IMO. They had Alex freaking Ponikarovsky and an on the verge of retirement Bill Guerin in their top 6 that year. Letang is also a much better player than he was then.

And Boston is better than in 2011 too with Seguin and Hamilton's emergence (thanks again Burke ).

Old
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Rumoured to be 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd. If it's true, I don't know what to think about it.

Seems like a steep price for a bottom-pairing d-man like Murray. At this rate, everyone is going to be too rich for our blood though. Bergevin has to make smart moves at key positions; on the 4th line and on the d-core. Unfortunately, I think his move for the 4th line has already been done... :S

Old
Andy

Are we really surprised by Bergevin's inactivity? Like Lebrun said, Bergevin is not keen in anyway on spending assets for rentals. He wants to improve his team but not at the expense of organization depth. The only way we'll see a deal with Bergevin if it is a "hockey deal", which means probably something more on the lines of a Jordan Staal, Mike Richards deal. Don't expect much, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergevin move Moen at the deadline (given his rational on the Cole trade) since he'll probably be in demand. We'll also probably see a deadline waiver pickup, those seem to be popular: Metropolit, Staubitz.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Guess they want to get ahead of the curve.

Boston and the Habs will start to get in on it soon.
I really wanted the Murray. I've always was a fan of him for his hits, block shots, and fights. Even though he slowed down, he was a piece that I thought that Habs are lacking a bit on the backend and would of been an final addition to our roster going forward.

Pittsburgh really going for the depth and grit now. They are all in and still waiting for Malkin to re-join their lineup.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I honestly wouldn't even be upset if MB didn't make a move this year before the deadline. I still believe this team is in a rebuild/retool/transition phase and I would rather hold on to futures (picks and prospects) and go from there. I'm not interested in paying huge returns for rental players, especially in a season like this where there is only like 10-11 games after the deadline.

I'm comfortable with rolling the dice with what we have, see what they can do.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:37 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I honestly wouldn't even be upset if MB didn't make a move this year before the deadline. I still believe this team is in a rebuild/retool/transition phase and I would rather hold on to futures (picks and prospects) and go from there. I'm not interested in paying huge returns for rental players, especially in a season like this where there is only like 10-11 games after the deadline.

I'm comfortable with rolling the dice with what we have, see what they can do.
Like I said, I wouldn't sell the farm. But I would definitely look for good, cheap alternatives. There are several holes in that roster. And some of them won't be filled by a guy within our system, because we just don't have anyone ready to step in.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
I really wanted the Murray. I've always was a fan of him for his hits, block shots, and fights. Even though he slowed down, he was a piece that I thought that Habs are lacking a bit on the backend and would of been an final addition to our roster going forward.

Pittsburgh really going for the depth and grit now. They are all in and still waiting for Malkin to re-join their lineup.
You forget the most important part; he can clear the crease pretty damn efficiently.

Closed Thread