HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Jarome Iginla

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:08 AM
DirkGraham

vCash: 500
Jarome Iginla

The Iginla trade rumors are running wild here in Calgary (they have been for weeks!). According to Sportsnetís Nick Kypreos, Iginla is willing to waive his no-movement clause and has submitted a list of teams he would accept a trade to. Preliminary reports are that the teams are: Chicago, Detroit and LA in the West and Boston and Pittsburg in the East.

Mark Spector says that the Flames are asking for TWO prospects and a draft pick for Jarome Iginla. No question that Iggy is being shopped around.

I am curious what everyone thinks about him becoming a Hawk and what you feel we should give up for him.

Also, he says that he doesn't want to be a rental player so maybe a contract will happen after the trade is finalized. What does everyone think he worth now? Duration of contract?

Looking forward to hearing everyones opinion.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Hawks82

I read a rumor on hockeybuzz this morning that the Hawks and Flames are talking. TT and Danault aren't being offered but McNeil is, you could also probably throw Morin in the mix. Seems about right...3rd or 4th best prospect is a good starting point.

I'd love Iginla on the Hawks playing the LW with Kane.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I'd love to have him but it would come as an absolute shock to see Bowman trade for a player of his calibre.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:29 AM
ndgt10

If he's traded within the West I see him going to Detroit or LA. Those GM's have the balls to pull it off.

Flames are in the thick of the playoff race so I could see them holding on to him.

All that being said, Boston has to be the leader. That team has the goods and has been struggling recently. Desperation puts the Flames in the driver seat when dealing with Boston. Boston's lineup with Iginla would be insane.

Last edited by ndgt10: 03-25-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 10:38 AM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I read a rumor on hockeybuzz this morning that the Hawks and Flames are talking. TT and Danault aren't being offered but McNeil is, you could also probably throw Morin in the mix. Seems about right...3rd or 4th best prospect is a good starting point.

I'd love Iginla on the Hawks playing the LW with Kane.
TT is an very good prospect, but he's not a game changer. I think with the right deal he would be available.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
If he's traded within the West I see him going to Detroit or LA. Those GM's have the balls to pull it off.
I hope this doesn't happen, but yeah, I agree with you. I could easily see the Hawks passed up by 3-4 teams in the West alone at the deadline. I'm praying there is little movement around the league because we are ****ed if this thing gets wild like the old days. The fact that teams can retain cap space worries the hell out of me.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:44 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Why would he want to go to Detroit? How stuck in the past are these guys? That team isn't a Cup contender.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:48 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Why would he want to go to Detroit? How stuck in the past are these guys? That team isn't a Cup contender.
Add Iginla, Ribeiro and J-Bo and it is...we know Detroit can and will beef up at the TD given the opportunity, my God how we know, lol. That's probably the thinking. Datsyuk is going to leave for the KHL pretty soon. Teams can keep cap space. I could definitely see them going on a shopping spree to try to get another Cup.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Beemer335

I hope Stan doesn't trade TT or saad for rental iginla. I would love to have him but he doesn't really fit that we'll into the lineup considering he plays the same position as Kane and Hossa. The most I give for him would be Stalberg, McNeill, and one of the Hayes brothers. Which I doubt Calgary takes

Old
03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Illinihockey

Any player we are linked with, the Hawks never get. Bowman runs a tight ship with very few leaks

Old
03-25-2013, 10:57 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Add Iginla, Ribeiro and J-Bo and it is...we know Detroit can and will beef up at the TD given the opportunity, my God how we know, lol. That's probably the thinking. Datsyuk is going to leave for the KHL pretty soon. Teams can keep cap space. I could definitely see them going on a shopping spree to try to get another Cup.
Adding all those guys would likely cost them Tatar, Nyquist and Jarnkrok. They're not doing that.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:59 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Adding all those guys would likely cost them Tatar, Nyquist and Jarnkrok. They're not doing that.
It's a long shot but never speak in absolutes with that organization around the TD when there is a Cup to be had. We've seen them go hog wild too many times. The cap doesn't have as much relevance as it used to given the new rules.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:59 AM
DirkGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
If he's traded within the West I see him going to Detroit or LA.
I see LA in the West. Don't forget that Sutter is there and he loves Jarome. I think Jarome would love to play for Sutter again too.

There's lots of talk here that Chicago and Calgary are seriously talking about Jarome right now. No rumors on who they are talking about yet.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Illinihockey

Calgary isn't trading him to LA, they are in the same division and will be next year

Old
03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Calgary isn't trading him to LA, they are in the same division and will be next year
By the time Calgary is a Cup contender, Iginla will be retired or a shell of his former self. If L.A. gives the best offer, they should take it. The whole division thing is childish IMO. These teams are in the business of making themselves better, above ALL else. You never take less out of spite or because of some mindless archaic thought process.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
By the time Calgary is a Cup contender, Iginla will be retired or a shell of his former self. If L.A. gives the best offer, they should take it. The whole division thing is childish IMO. These teams are in the business of making themselves better, above ALL else. You never take less out of spite or because of some mindless archaic thought process.
You don't make a competitor better. Yes if LA's offer blows everyone else out of the water than you make that move. But usually you can leverage that offer with another team to get a comparable offer.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:29 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
You don't make a competitor better. Yes if LA's offer blows everyone else out of the water than you make that move. But usually you can leverage that offer with another team to get a comparable offer.
No, I don't agree at all. Let's say you have two offers, both final offers, most the two teams will pay.

L.A. 1st round pick and 2nd round pick

Boston 1st round pick and 3rd round pick

Iggy to L.A. IMO, no brainer.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
zytz
lumberjack

I just don't see Iginla being a good fit here. There's no question on paper he adds some reat qualities to this team, but I don't see where he slots in, and if the asking price is actually 2 prospects and a pick I don't think we'll bite. Add to that, I think he's a guy with a lot of pride and ego, and I really don't think he would be down for playing on the 3/4th line. The only way I see him breaking into our top 6 is if Iggy or Sharp play center.

Following what the Flames are supposedly specifying as price, I'd be ok with like, McNeil/Pirri, Smith, and a 4th.

If they want both the prospects to be good, Im OK with any two of McNeil, Pirri, Morin, Olsen going, but forget any picks.

I'd prefer to do something around our UFAs... Bickell or Stalberg because I think it's one of their spots that he would be stealing in the lineup anyways.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
99 steps
to the top

Iginla is just not a good fit for us. Hossa/Kane already play RW. Why overpay to put him on his off-wing?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Hawkaholic

As long as the deal doesn't include our 1st, TT, Danault, or Clendening, i'll probably be OK with it.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
zytz
lumberjack

I wonder if they would do something like

Iginla + 2013 1st

for

Stalberg + McNeil + 2013 1st + 2014 1st

Old
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
HawksTillDeath

This post is going to disappear the same way mine did!

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
HawksTillDeath

My deal would be

1st, McNeil, Olsen

Old
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Callidusblackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I wonder if they would do something like

Iginla + 2013 1st

for

Stalberg + McNeil + 2013 1st + 2014 1st
That's gotta be a deal-breaker right there, especially if they are selling Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Callidusblackhawk

Quote:
When's the last time any team added three guys of that caliber at the deadline? I also don't get all the love for Detroit's supposed deadline prowess. Correct me if i'm wrong, but In recent memory all they've done is add depth guys at the deadline, right? The last big move i remember the Wings making is adding Hossa after they won the cup.

Closed Thread