HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Will Feaster screw up the deadline?

View Poll Results: Will Feaster Screw up the deadline?
No 20 20.00%
Yes 80 80.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-25-2013, 11:32 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Will Feaster screw up the deadline?

With the team playing badly, needing a rebuild, and with the numerous Iginla/Jaybo/Kipper rumors flying around. Does anyone think Feaster is going to screw this all up?

I ask, because i think he does. I think he will ask for too much from other GM's they will go elsewhere, Flames will hold the same cards going into the end of the season. And we lose more players for nothing.

My confidence in Feaster is about a 0.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
jeben51

vCash: 323
If he was that bad of a GM even the Calgary Flames wouldn't have hired him. Im faithful he'll get us some good prospects. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic

jeben51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

vCash: 50
He'll make some trades with the lesser players. I think Feaster will be able to get a good return for iggy since they are taking a strong stance on it

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:40 AM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say no. I think this is the year we finally see some major moves.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Volica

vCash: 500
I definitely hope not.
There's a lot of work to be done, he doesn't have the option to screw up; because it'll set Calgary back even more years if he does.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Shawnofthedeadz

vCash: 660
I don't think Feaster is going to screw up. He has never undervalued any Flames asset in his time as the GM. He brought us Cammalleri and Ramo from Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd. I agreed with his assessment of ROR was solid, it was unfortunate there was a large and rare CBA rule which ended up ruining his once solid reputation on these forums. I have a 100% faith in Feaster.

Shawnofthedeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
The Hendog

I hope Feaster plays hard ball and gets a decent return for Iggy
And makes multiple trades to get as many draft picks and prospects as possible - time for some big changes for this club.

I am a tad afraid though that Feaster gets greedy, asks for to much for to many assets that should be traded by the Flames this year (i.e. Iggy) and we end up not making enough rebuild trades and sets us back.

I also hope that ownership gets on board with this rebuild and lets Feaster & Weisbrod build this team through a youth movement as per their plan.

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Trae

It's not going to be Feaster that trades Iginla, it's going to be a collective decision, everyone important in the organization will get a say. Not just one man, this is too big of a deal.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Hes a good GM, but thus far trading has been his major weakness and he has yet to make a good deal for this team (im just being blatant here).

With Weisbrod on board there may be a lesser chance of that happening. Until he proves me wrong though my gut tells me we will be disappointed.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Hes a good GM, but thus far trading has been his major weakness and he has yet to make a good deal for this team (im just being blatant here).

With Weisbrod on board there may be a lesser chance of that happening. Until he proves me wrong though my gut tells me we will be disappointed.
This is roughly how I feel although nothing so far has convinced me he is actually a good GM. Logically I don't think there is much reason to believe he will flub the deadline but I can't help feeling really uncomfortable about the whole thing. I'll probably be nervous until it's all over for better or worse.

Nordberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnofthedeadz View Post
I don't think Feaster is going to screw up. He has never undervalued any Flames asset in his time as the GM. He brought us Cammalleri and Ramo from Rene Bourque, Patrick Holland and a 2nd. I agreed with his assessment of ROR was solid, it was unfortunate there was a large and rare CBA rule which ended up ruining his once solid reputation on these forums. I have a 100% faith in Feaster.
I wouldnt call that trade a win.

Cammi is decent, but overpriced and IMO, has given up on trying.
Ramo is a pipedream goalie who may or may not be a good pickup. Bourque sucks, and he is lazy yes. Holland is a marginal prospect, that 2nd round pick is probably in the 31-36 range which is brutal.

Feaster needs to learn something... bad teams shouldnt trade picks.

Leafs learned that the hard way.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

vCash: 335
I could see it. I could even see iginla not being traded

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
I hope Feaster plays hard ball and gets a decent return for Iggy
And makes multiple trades to get as many draft picks and prospects as possible - time for some big changes for this club.

I am a tad afraid though that Feaster gets greedy, asks for to much for to many assets that should be traded by the Flames this year (i.e. Iggy) and we end up not making enough rebuild trades and sets us back.

I also hope that ownership gets on board with this rebuild and lets Feaster & Weisbrod build this team through a youth movement as per their plan.
This. My only fear is that Feaster will be asking for too much for Iginla (ala Howson and Nash), but I have faith that he will get some deals done, and that they will be good ones. The only deal he has made that I am no fan of was the Regehr deal, but I put the onus of that deal on ownership, not management.

Flames CBA Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Jesus Christ there is no pleasing some of you. If Feaster traded them now and a team got desperate and gave up a far better return you would complain he screwed up and when he isn't the first one to make a deal you complain he isn't doing enough. There have only been 2 real trades and over a week until the deadline CALM THE **** DOWN.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
It's not going to be Feaster that trades Iginla, it's going to be a collective decision, everyone important in the organization will get a say. Not just one man, this is too big of a deal.
This.

It's cute how people actually think Feaster still retains complete and utter control over the process of not only trading Iginla, but other significant roster players as well.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Feaster could actually restore the fans faith in him if he does a good job at the deadline. If he gets a solid return on Iggy, and a couple other players (Stemp, Cammy, Sarich, etc.) and brings in that #1C at the draft, people might be in love with the guy. Job security. Obviously the opposite could happen too.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
This.

It's cute how people actually think Feaster still retains complete and utter control over the process of not only trading Iginla, but other significant roster players as well.
No need to patronize fellow Flames fans... Although I agree with your assessment, it's still speculation that he doesn't have complete control...

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
No need to patronize fellow Flames fans... Although I agree with your assessment, it's still speculation that he doesn't have complete control...
It's not speculation whatsoever. All deals, whether they're contract signings or trades need ownership approval; Feaster himself mentioned this when the Cammalleri trade was made. Furthermore, everyone knows just how much the ownership group values Iginla and what he represents to the franchise - there isn't a chance they'd let Feaster or anyone else really, have complete autonomy when it comes to moving the face of the franchise.

With regards to idea that Feaster still acting as the GM is more for show than anything else, well, that's certainly still speculative. But he hasn't addressed the media directly since the offer sheet incident. Nothing more than press release statements which may nor may not have actually come from him. And given the gravity of the Flames current situation, that speaks volumes.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
It's not speculation whatsoever. All deals, whether they're contract signings or trades need ownership approval; Feaster himself mentioned this when the Cammalleri trade was made. Furthermore, everyone knows just how much the ownership group values Iginla and what he represents to the franchise - there isn't a chance they'd let Feaster or anyone else really, have complete autonomy when it comes to moving the face of the franchise.

With regards to idea that Feaster still acting as the GM is more for show than anything else, well, that's certainly still speculative. But he hasn't addressed the media directly since the offer sheet incident. Nothing more than press release statements which may nor may not have actually come from him. And given the gravity of the Flames current situation, that speaks volumes.
Feaster never struck me as someone who himself had much of an idea how to build a team or even knew how he wanted to build a team so I don't think he'd me making the hockey decisions even if there was no meddling from higher up within the organization

Nordberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Backlund

I hope not, but I certainly don't trust Feaster to be making these moves.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Troll thread: successful

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Troll thread: successful
I think its a legitimate worry.

And clearly others do as well.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:22 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
I think its a legitimate worry.

And clearly others do as well.
So let me get this straight in my head because I'm having difficulty with this.

1) You think our GM sucks and can't even handle some simple asset sales
2) You think our roster sucks and needs a complete overhaul
3) You think our coaching staff sucks and requires Brent Sutter to step in
4) You'd much rather see the Calgary Flames lose games than win

And you claim to be a Flames fan? Which part are you a fan of exactly?

Last edited by MarkGio: 03-25-2013 at 07:03 PM.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

I think feaster will do his best to garner a good return. He knows how much Iggy means to the stakeholders of the team, and I'm sure he doesn't want to **** up.

Janks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Kranix
shempionship

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
So let me get this straight in my head because I'm having difficulty with this.

1) You think our GM sucks and can't even handle some simple asset sales
2) You think our roster sucks and needs a complete overhaul
3) You think our coaching staff sucks and requires Brent Sutter to step in
4) You'd much rather see the Calgary Flames lose games than win

And you claim to be a Flames fan? Which part are you a fan of exactly?
Except number 4, how does any of that make someone less or more of a fan?

Kranix is offline   Reply With Quote