HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarome Iginla

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidusblackhawk View Post
When's the last time any team added three guys of that caliber at the deadline? I also don't get all the love for Detroit's supposed deadline prowess. Correct me if i'm wrong, but In recent memory all they've done is add depth guys at the deadline, right? The last big move i remember the Wings making is adding Hossa after they won the cup.
Before the cap, happened multiple times each season. Now with the new rules that teams can retain some of the cap hit, it will be interesting to see if deadlines are more like those were. I know it will never be quite the same again but maybe it will not be the snooze fest it has been in recent years.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidusblackhawk View Post
When's the last time any team added three guys of that caliber at the deadline? I also don't get all the love for Detroit's supposed deadline prowess. Correct me if i'm wrong, but In recent memory all they've done is add depth guys at the deadline, right? The last big move i remember the Wings making is adding Hossa after they won the cup.
They added Brad Stuart the year they won the cup, and gave up a first round pick for Kyle Quincey last year.

Despite giving up the 1st round pick for such a prized asset, they still went out in the first round.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Despite giving up the 1st round pick for such a prized asset, they still went out in the first round.
Quincey? They got ***** on that deal.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:42 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Before the cap, happened multiple times each season. Now with the new rules that teams can retain some of the cap hit, it will be interesting to see if deadlines are more like those were. I know it will never be quite the same again but maybe it will not be the snooze fest it has been in recent years.
The reduced salary cap next season will likely play a role in increasing player movement. We'll see if that will involve any big names though.

I reckon that if the price tag we keep hearing Flames want for Iginla is any example, there will be little movement of quality players. So once again it will be mostly depth guys, in other words another snooze fest just like it has been several years running. I'd love for the Hawks to grab Iggy but let some other team overpay to that extreme if they wish.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Sleight Of Hand
Mean Streets

I just do not see this happening. It may be where Ziggy wants to go but not a fit for the Hawks with the cap in the future beig lower and Ziggy not wanting to be a rental.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Sarava

I think the highest I would go is:

McNeill + Clendening + Conditional 1st - the condition on the 1st is that the Hawks either win the Cup or Iginla resigns with the Hawks. Either of them kicks in the condition.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I just do not see this happening. It may be where Ziggy wants to go but not a fit for the Hawks with the cap in the future beig lower and Ziggy not wanting to be a rental.
I think they could fit him in next year possibly, but some things would likely have to happen. the first is he would need to take a reasonable deal - 6 or 7 mil per year won't work here. Frolik would have to be traded off. Bolland might even need to be moved as well. And you probably don't consider moving Bolland unless the Hawks are REALLY confidant that Danault can at least handle the #3 center position.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Iginla would be great on this team only problem is getting a time machine to go back and get the 50 goal Iginla of 5 years ago.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Chelios

I actually think Iginla would be a great pickup assuming we can do it without giving up TT or Danault. One thing many don't realize about Iginla is he is actually a decent faceoff man (and a right handed one at that). I would love to see us pick him up and slot him in as the 3rd line RW, taking faceoffs in the D-zone for Shaw, and playing the PP. Bickell gets bumped down to the 4th line, and all of a sudden we have pretty impressive balance.

Saad/Toews/Hossa
Sharp/Bolland/Kane
Stalberg/Shaw/Iginla
Bickell/Kruger/Frolik

Looks pretty good to me. Frolik can always be swapped out for Mayers or Carcillo if we need more physicality or another faceoff man.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
I actually think Iginla would be a great pickup assuming we can do it without giving up TT or Danault. One thing many don't realize about Iginla is he is actually a decent faceoff man (and a right handed one at that). I would love to see us pick him up and slot him in as the 3rd line RW, taking faceoffs in the D-zone for Shaw, and playing the PP. Bickell gets bumped down to the 4th line, and all of a sudden we have pretty impressive balance.

Saad/Toews/Hossa
Sharp/Bolland/Kane
Stalberg/Shaw/Iginla
Bickell/Kruger/Frolik

Looks pretty good to me. Frolik can always be swapped out for Mayers or Carcillo if we need more physicality or another faceoff man.
Definitely, if nobody else can adapt to LW, I'd have no problem rolling those 3 lines all game with the 4th line playing a lot of special teams and the rare even strength shift.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Sevanston

I'd consider moving Kane back to center if we could get Iginla on his wing taking draws.

Of course that wouldn't happen because we apparently never let wings take regular faceoffs no matter how bad the centers are at it. See: Sharp and Bolland this year.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I'd consider moving Kane back to center if we could get Iginla on his wing taking draws.

Of course that wouldn't happen because we apparently never let wings take regular faceoffs no matter how bad the centers are at it. See: Sharp and Bolland this year.
I'd rather put Iginla at C than Kane.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Please no

Old
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I read a rumor on hockeybuzz this morning that the Hawks and Flames are talking. TT and Danault aren't being offered but McNeil is, you could also probably throw Morin in the mix. Seems about right...3rd or 4th best prospect is a good starting point.

I'd love Iginla on the Hawks playing the LW with Kane.
LOL, JJ wrote what many hee said on HF. Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
As long as the deal doesn't include our 1st, TT, Danault, or Clendening, i'll probably be OK with it.
THIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd rather put Iginla at C than Kane.
and THIS

Old
03-25-2013, 04:41 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
I see it as more likely that the Flames try to trade him out East more than anything else, to be honest.

That being said, if we don't have to give up too much for him, I'd love to see Iggy in the Indian Head.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
LOL, JJ wrote what many hee said on HF. Classic.
I almost didn't want to mention it considering the source.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Illinihockey

Why do people go to hockey buzz? I have no idea

Old
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM
JohnnyOduyasGirl27

If the Blackhawks get Jarome Iginla i will be pissed!

Old
03-25-2013, 05:14 PM
madgoat33

why are people talking about playing a guy who's old and played wing his whole career to center? if you can't make a move for a 2c then don't blow any real assets to get a guy just for the sake of making a move. don't like the iginla idea at all and really don't think its more than a marginal improvement once sharp is back. and seeing him play a bunch this year, i don't think he's got much left, and I'd be more interested in glencross or maybe even stajan if were talking to the flames.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:15 PM
McDooRoo

I really like Iggy, but unless we get him for cheap and he's willing to resign at a cheap price I don't want him.

For all the "troubles" we have on this team we sure do have a great record and playing great hockey, so with that said I don't see why we need Iggy or anybody else?

Again I really like Iggy, but overpaying for a rental and one that is on the downside of his career is idiotic

Old
03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I see it as more likely that the Flames try to trade him out East more than anything else, to be honest.

That being said, if we don't have to give up too much for him, I'd love to see Iggy in the Indian Head.
If the Flames are trading Iginla they're not concerned with trading him to a West team unless it's one of the teams that will be in the same division as the Flames next season. With re-alignment the Flames will play Boston and Pittsburgh the same number of games as they will play the Hawks - 2, a home and home. If the Flames are concerned with which team to not trade Iginla to it would be LA which will be a division rival of the Flames.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Calgary isn't trading him to LA, they are in the same division and will be next year
So what. Iginla is a rental and Calgary is in a rebuild. By the time Calgary is anywhere near ready to contended Iginla is long gone. If LA gives them the best offer they will take it.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

NO!

It failed last year and this year he is having one of the best years of his career so you want to mess with that?

You know the definition of insanity?

Old
03-25-2013, 06:18 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
NO!

It failed last year and this year he is having one of the best years of his career so you want to mess with that?

You know the definition of insanity?
It failed in what way exactly?

Old
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
It failed in what way exactly?
The worst year of his career.

But yes let's move Kane back to C in the middle of one of his best years to get an aging player we don't really need instead of trading those same asserts to acquire the C we actually do need. Brilliant idea.

Closed Thread