HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL: Part Anybody's Guess (3/14: BoG approves realignment)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Dreger and McKenzie confirms it's 2 seconds.

03-25-2013, 12:33 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Did Pitt have (2) 2nd's this year? Or is it their 2nd this year and next?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Holy ****. Two seconds is a lot for Douglas Murray.

Quick, Sather. Trade Boyle and Pyatt while they still have some value!

Old
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Did Pitt have (2) 2nd's this year? Or is it their 2nd this year and next?
They just have theirs.

Old
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

I have no issue with the Pens trading away their future for guys like Morrow/Murray.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Holy ****. Two seconds is a lot for Douglas Murray.

Quick, Sather. Trade Boyle and Pyatt while they still have some value!
Exactly this. I now really wonder what Boyle and Pyatt could return.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m

The Sharks got two second round picks but the second pick is conditional if Murray doesn't re-sign with Pens. #NHL

Old
03-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Shero definitely helping the set the market the last few days, sellers should be happy.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Devils line-up tonight without Kovy:

Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Henrique - Loktionov - D'Agostini
Carter - Gionta - Bernier
Pesonen - Sestito - Kostopoulos

yikes. You just know they'll keep picking up points somehow, though. Playoff race is gonna be a tight one. Washington now picking up steam.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 39s
The #flyers say Danny Briere is out indefinitely with a concussion.
There is no reason, literally zero, for the Rangers not to make the playoffs. The Flyers are terrible. The Canes have been without their starting goalie. The Caps were horrid to start the season. Kovalchuk is out. Briere is out. Letang is out. What is the excuse?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
Devils line-up tonight without Kovy:

Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Henrique - Loktionov - D'Agostini
Carter - Gionta - Bernier
Pesonen - Sestito - Kostopoulos

yikes. You just know they'll keep picking up points somehow, though. Playoff race is gonna be a tight one. Washington now picking up steam.
Wow.

We should have a battle with them where we fight for who has the best of the ****** bottom 6.

03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
-31-
portnor, pls

Quote:
There is no reason, literally zero, for the Rangers not to make the playoffs. The Flyers are terrible. The Canes have been without their starting goalie. The Caps were horrid to start the season. Kovalchuk is out. Briere is out. Letang is out. What is the excuse?
They're worried about the economy.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
You're so right, but this team keeps proving time and time again that they are not interested in taking advantage of weakened teams. We have to be the most charitable organization outside of the friggin' Red Cross.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Wow.

We should have a battle with them where we fight for who has the best of the ****** bottom 6.
Yep. Their 4th line last year is their 3rd line this year.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
You're so right, but this team keeps proving time and time again that they are not interested in taking advantage of weakened teams. We have to be the most charitable organization outside of the friggin' Red Cross.
Pretty soon you're gonna see Gaborik dressed as Santa outside of your local Walmart ringing a bell asking for donations

Old
03-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Morrow will probably be all the Penguins will need and he will be relatively cheap versus other rentals . They have great management in Pittsburgh . If you look back at their contract history...they rarely ever have a bad contract . Look at our team...absolutely the most pathetic in all of sports over the last 15-20 years...Milbury like . Our franchise is run absolutely terrible...we are more bent out of shape than the leafs have been over the years and we have had soooooooo much money to utilize for most of those years . We always make fun of Islander teams... when we are not a whole lot better .
Great post! It's always refreshing to hear from another Ranger's fan who has been around the block and knows full well of managements ineptitude over the years going back to the 60's. It is mind boggling and beyond comical at times when some of these obviously young fans who post here continually wax poetic and look at every move(draft, trades, etcetera) as wonderful as if Sather is a wizard when in reality, the game has in fact passed him by about 15 years ago.

Well done pal!

Old
03-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Great post! It's always refreshing to hear from another Ranger's fan who has been around the block and knows full well of managements ineptitude over the years going back to the 60's. It is mind boggling and beyond comical at times when some of these obviously young fans who post here continually wax poetic and look at every move(draft, trades, etcetera) as wonderful as if Sather is a wizard when in reality, the game has in fact passed him by about 15 years ago.

Well done pal!
If you can find me these posts that shine Sather's statue, then I'll agree. Otherwise, he is easily the most hated man in the history of this organization. I don't think you need to be 60 or 15 to understand that.

I'll give Sather credit in that he generally makes some good trades, other than that, I've been waiting for the day he leaves town with one of the cliched hobo bandanna packages tied to a stick.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Islander have won 4 Cups in 34 years...we have won one in 73...but we have won a lot of series in that time . They are 1 point behind us .Hard to counter argue that kind of success .

It is hard to go around bragging about how many series your team has won...when they come back with how many Cups they have won since they have been in the league . Now that is a counter argument !

Hey...my brother is an Islander fan....I know all about it guys and I am surrounded by Hab fans...so I hear it everyday there too . We have been possibly the worse US based franchise in NHL History .

It is going to take a long time to turn things around with so much parity in the NHL these days . For Decades we had more money to spend than everybody else...that is a luxury no longer afforded us . We have 1 stinking Cup to show for it because our management has been so inept in it's long term thinking and as long as the current management exists...we are moving further away from it .

I guess that this should have been posted in the Sather or Torts thread .
Reading your posts is so refreshingly honest; nice to see and hear from a longtime fan who feels the same exact way that I and most of my friends feel about the Ranger's inept management over the many years that we have been die hard fans attending games back in the good old days of the garden on 49th street and 8th ave.

One(1) Stanley Cup in almost 73 years should be statement enough on how poorly this team has been managed since my childhood(and I've been going to Ranger's games since 1960).

Old
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
As awful as it is already, I hate how people say we won one in 73 years. Way to cut off the year before, and the other 12 or so years before that.

Chicago also won four, while winning their fourth three years ago. They also have less wins, but somehow the Rangers are unanimously worse than the Blackhawks. I don't get it.
You don't get it?? The Black Hawks GM is Stan Bowman and we have Glen Sather! No more Willard Wirtz to screw things up for them.
That alone should be reeason enough for you "To Get It!"

There is no comparison the last 5 years and going forward between the Black Hawks and the Rangers; we have, are and will continue to be in their rearview mirror!!

Old
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

A 2nd for Murray is fair. He's worth more like a 3rd on talent alone, but when you figure more than a few teams must have been interested, that drives up the price.

I doubt Pitt resigns him, that second 2nd rounder is too much. They will let him walk and sign another Dman.

Or they could draft a tough defensive Dman and wait 4 or 5 years for him to make an impact.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Megustaelhockey
Hybrid icing

Quote:
If you can find me these posts that shine Sather's statue, then I'll agree. Otherwise, he is easily the most hated man in the history of this organization. I don't think you need to be 60 or 15 to understand that.

I'll give Sather credit in that he generally makes some good trades, other than that, I've been waiting for the day he leaves town with one of the cliched hobo bandanna packages tied to a stick.
I think there is a chance card with the Monopoly guy as a hobo avec bandana sack. Can someone of talent here put Sather's head on that?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
LeetchisGod
1 cup in 74 years

Quote:
The excuse is that this isn't a very good hockey team this season. I can't imagine how anyone who has watched the games could argue otherwise.

Old
-31-
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
A 2nd for Murray is fair. He's worth more like a 3rd on talent alone, but when you figure more than a few teams must have been interested, that drives up the price.

I doubt Pitt resigns him, that second 2nd rounder is too much. They will let him walk and sign another Dman.

Or they could draft a tough defensive Dman and wait 4 or 5 years for him to make an impact.
The pick is still a third even if they don't re-sign him.

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

As much as we suck, and I don't care much for excuses, but we've never had the draft positioning that teams like Chicago, NYI, Edmonton, Pittsburgh or Washington have had.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
LeetchisGod
1 cup in 74 years

Quote:
As much as we suck, and I don't care much for excuses, but we've never had the draft positioning that teams like Chicago, NYI, Edmonton, Pittsburgh or Washington have had.
True enough but we have also botched many of the picks that we've had. Particularly while Maloney was in charge of our drafting.

Closed Thread