HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Habs need Heavyweight enforcer? Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Then how can it be used as proof that LA is tough?
Because they play tough.

Don't you guys have better things to do ?

Both sides arguments are wrong. We need a tougher team, we need more grit. Will it stop the dirty play? No.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Because they play tough.

Don't you guys have better things to do ?

Both sides arguments are wrong. We need a tougher team, we need more grit. Will it stop the dirty play? No.
So because they play "tough" their fights are proof of their toughness, because we play "soft" our fights don't prove anything. Sounds like a double standard to me.

We could certainly use some more size/toughness in our top 6 forward group, and a crease clearing top-4 D-man. We don't need a 5min a game often scratched enforcer, which is what this thread is about.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

This is the last very good Enforcer the Habs had.

I can't ****ing wait anymore to see the Habs going toe-to-toe with the Bruins, once again, on the thoughness aspect like we use to do.

Because YES, the habs always had tough guys when we where the best teams in the NHL. We had the perfect mix.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I still feel that a Bordeleau (or any other player good for 4-5 minutes a game) is a waste. Get Ryane Clowe instead, at least he can skate 10-15 minutes a game!

Old
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I still feel that a Bordeleau (or any other player good for 4-5 minutes a game) is a waste. Get Ryane Clowe instead, at least he can skate 10-15 minutes a game!
Bordeleau is a faster skater than Clowe.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
So is Patrick Chan.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:54 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
So is Patrick Chan.
can he fight ?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
can he fight ?
Perhaps he's related to Jackie?

As for Bordeleau, yes, he's faster. But as I've said before, you can be faster than everyone else, but if you're going in the wrong direction, it just means you'll be farther away from where you need to be that much quicker

Used to be a huge clowe fan, not much anymore, but I take him in an instant over Bordeleau. TBH I would think it goes without saying, but you never know here anymore.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Is Clowe a heavyweight? Real question.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
True, but Ott is also a terrible fighter. Even Prust was able to destroy him.
Not sure what you mean by that. We're talking about Prust here, a good fighter, not Kostopoulos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
But he doesn't come to Clowe's ankle when it comes to playing hockey. Not sure I get where you're getting to, Hanni... I'd rather have a guy who can play over 10 minutes, be on the ice if/when something happens, than have him on the bench and not be able to do anything about it. Unless you like stage fights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Is Clowe a heavyweight? Real question.
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1524

Old
03-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Hugo Sham

am i the only one worried about going back to boston with only travis moen in the lineup?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
am i the only one worried about going back to boston with only travis moen in the lineup?
No, we will be fine. Thornton will get tired of running our skill players eventually. But they also have Campbell, Chara and Lucic.

Nah. This will be the cleanest game of the season because Boston is deathly afraid that they may get a penalty called against them.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
Even if what you say is true what does having a heavyweight do to change that? Is Chara so afraid of other heavyweights that he won't try to stick up for his teammates?
You are correct. Chara went up to John Scott after Scott knocked out Thornton, threw him down and then started beating on Scott.

Damn, wrong team and wrong game.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
I think the question is what are you worried about?

Being pushed around or someone taking a run at one of our guys?

The former bruises your ego while the latter can't really be countered.

As much as I'd like to have a bona fide enforcer in the line up, it becomes an escalating arms race to some extent.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Why do you even talk about Moen as an example of "that kind of guy". He's not even anything right now.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:58 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You are correct. Chara went up to John Scott after Scott knocked out Thornton, threw him down and then started beating on Scott.

Damn, wrong team and wrong game.
seems like you have forgotten the part where "Scott" willingly got up - despite not having any enforcer on the team to help him out, and started trading punches with Chara...

Old
03-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Why do you even talk about Moen as an example of "that kind of guy". He's not even anything right now.
Everyone talks about Clowe like he's "that kind of guy", yet he has as many fights as Moen this year. Go figure.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Everyone talks about Clowe like he's "that kind of guy", yet he has as many fights as Moen this year. Go figure.
We dont need Clowe.

We have Halpern.

While Bruins players are beating the crap out of our skill players, Halpern will talk the linesman into dropping the puck and he will use his outstanding faceoff skills to win the draw, skate it down the ice and score his first goal of the season.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
We dont need Clowe.

We have Halpern.

While Bruins players are beating the crap out of our skill players, Halpern will talk the linesman into dropping the puck and he will use his outstanding faceoff skills to win the draw, skate it down the ice and score his first goal of the season.
Well that was completely random and irrelevant, but yes, we all know that you don't like any player under 6'5. However I would say your completely accurate and objective opinion on goons is ever changing and evolving, void of any empty rhetoric. Oh wait...never mind, you completely ignored the article that explained Halpern's utility. Go figure. It wasn't full of rhetoric though, so I guess you couldn't relate.

It's funny how insecure some fans are because of 1 team. It's a little sad and pathetic at the same time that a rival can scar someone like that, but I suppose it's somewhat understandable.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Bruins posters must visit this thread and laugh their heads off. It's crazy how deep into some of your heads their team has gotten. I can only sit in wonder at how we managed to beat them last time with no enforcer to win the game for us.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Bruins posters must visit this thread and laugh their heads off. It's crazy how deep into some of your heads their team has gotten. .

I'm not sure if truer words have ever been posted in this particular forum.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:45 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Well that was completely random and irrelevant, but yes, we all know that you don't like any player under 6'5. However I would say your completely accurate and objective opinion on goons is ever changing and evolving, void of any empty rhetoric. Oh wait...never mind, you completely ignored the article that explained Halpern's utility. Go figure. It wasn't full of rhetoric though, so I guess you couldn't relate.

It's funny how insecure some fans are because of 1 team. It's a little sad and pathetic at the same time that a rival can scar someone like that, but I suppose it's somewhat understandable.
Please do not take offense. The anti-fighting crowd does not have a sense of humor.

That was parody. Picture everyone involved in a line fight, including the goalies. The only one not involved is Halpern. He get the puck dropped and skates toward the goal.

Would it have been funnier if I said his shot clanked off the crossbar?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Keep saying that Emelin fighting is normal though. Put this guy in any other team, he's not fighting.
Generally intrigued to find out what you think would happen if Emelin was playing for Toronto (we'll even use a 'tough team' as an example). Emelin's on the ice with the Bozak line (was out with Desharnais, Patches and Gallagher when the Chara incident occurred) and takes what Chara perceives as a cheapshot at Seguin causing Chara to go after Emelin. What happens? Does Phil Kessel fight Chara to save Emelin? Are Orr or Mclaren jumping the boards to come to the rescue at the expense of a ten game suspension?

Or what happens if Emelin, playing for Toronto gets in a push, shove and stick battle with Foligno after which both drop the gloves. Emelin was out with the third line on that occasion so that would equate to Kadri, Komarov and Frattin for the Leafs recently? Which one of those do you anticipate taking the third man in penalty? Or is it Phaneuf? Or are Orr or Mclaren (whichever wasn't suspended the last time) jumping the boards again?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Please do not take offense. The anti-fighting crowd does not have a sense of humor.

That was parody. Picture everyone involved in a line fight, including the goalies. The only one not involved is Halpern. He get the puck dropped and skates toward the goal.

Would it have been funnier if I said his shot clanked off the crossbar?
Almost anything would have been funnier, since that wasn't funny at all. Besides, your schtick is old and played out, time for new material.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

yes this thread is finally over... but for how long.

Closed Thread