2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
The same people ripping Chia for not making moves would rip Chia for getting bent over in a Murray for two seconds type of deal. Can't win with some folks, that's okay. Murray can't skate anymore, it's debatable if he would be an upgrade over Aaron Johnson and I used to really like Murray.
^These are the posts that annoy me on this board. WHO is "ripping Chia" for not making deals? Other than the usual suspect(s), show me who is crying that Chia didnt beat Shero to nab Morrow or Murray? Infact, MOST here are ok with Chia not biting as of yet. I see very level-headed Bruins fans in these threads for the most part. It's odd balls like you who create a sheet-storm out of nothing.

Old
bruinsfan46

The one is conditional on him re-signing according to Pens press release so a little better.

Old
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Subban+ is literally the same exact thing as Maata+

They were picked back to back I believe.

I don't see them moving Pouliot
The thing is they have a couple of decent goaltender prospects but they lack puck moving D prospects. Pittsburgh is probably a better match than us.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
It seems I might be in a minority here, but I think Shero has done a very admirable job. He saw what he wanted and got the deal done well before the deadline.
I'm with you.

Two good, need-specific moves by Shero that didn't come at a future-crippling cost.

03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
No they could still trade Maata or Pouliot + which is better than anything the Bruins could come up with

Chiarelli's horrible drafting from 2007-2009 is ****ing the Bruins
Yaww

03-25-2013, 01:56 PM
2011 Stanley cup

The good news in all this is The Pens are now slower with Morrow and Murray.

Old
hopkinsj31

Jay Feaster is also the flames GM. If anyone can screw up trading Jarome Iginla, it's him.

Old
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
The thing is they have a couple of decent goaltenders but they lack puck moving D prospects. Pittsburgh is probably a better match than us.
Okay, I see where you are coming from. If they are looking for a puck mover, then Pitt is definitely a better fit. I just think Subban gives them their best chance at having a legitimate goaltender and that might be something they jump at. Banking on Kari Ramo isn't exactly a brilliant idea...he got lit up in the NHL AND AHL.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:58 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I don't see anyone mocking the team. They're clearly solid and the team to beat in the East.

The moves are reactionary and drastic. If that's what Shero's plan is, fine. I'm just glad he's not the GM of the team I cheer for.
Reactionary to what exactly? Pittsburgh is on a 12-game win streak. He knew the holes he wanted to plug and he filled them with the best players available. And seriously what did he give up? Nothing off the roster, one good defense prospect when he has several more in the system, one low 2nd round pick which high probability amounts to a career AHLer, and the other one is on a condition that Murray plays well enough to resign him. I don't see anything drastic there.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy

Old
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
PoweredByRICE
Hates your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I'm with you.

Two good, need-specific moves by Shero that didn't come at a future-crippling cost.
Me too. Murray is slow as a snail but he addressed what they needed while in the process screwing everybody else setting the market way before the deadline

Old
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Reactionary to what exactly? Pittsburgh is on a 12-game win streak. He knew the holes he wanted to plug and he filled them with the best players available. And seriously what did he give up? Nothing off the roster, one good defense prospect when he has several more in the system, one low 2nd round pick which high probability amounts to a career AHLer, and the other one is on a condition that Murray plays well enough to resign him. I don't see anything drastic there.
Reactionary in response to a startling lack of defense exemplified in last year's playoffs and in several games this year. 12 game win streak is nice, yes. I don't know if you'll find many Pittsburgh fans secure with their defense come playoff time.

Drastic because in my opinion, Doug Murray for 2 seconds is an overpayment.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
2011 Stanley cup

Quote:

IMO Morrow and Murray were not very good this year, IMO The pens get them by their reputation not by their actual*play. myabe they can turn their play around with the pens but I'm not sold on their move.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I'm with you.

Both were dreadful overpayments, and that takes deadline inflation into context. You can pat Shero and his staff on the back for the drafting and trading that helped them accumulate those assets, but they turned around and wasted them. Morrow has averaging just about a shot per game, that's pathetic, and Murray can't skate. Good chance Pitt used assets to get worse.

Old
Shaun

Briere is out with a concussion so cross him off the list

Old
Bruin4Life

I want something like the Kaberle deal for Iginla anything over that I believe will be an overpayment.

Blue chip prospect (or so we thought of colbourne)
1st
conditional 2nd
(Throw in something like Cunningham/Camper) Who will be career ahlers

Old
RussellmaniaKW

on the bright side, the Murray deal suggests to me that Clowe could also be had for picks and/or prospects. Clowe isn't exactly lighting it up but he'd be a good fit for this team and a huge upgrade over Pandolfo. I could totally live with getting Clowe if it turns out that Iginla is just not feasible.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:04 PM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Reactionary in response to a startling lack of defense exemplified in last year's playoffs and in several games this year. 12 game win streak is nice, yes. I don't know if you'll find many Pittsburgh fans secure with their defense come playoff time.

Drastic because in my opinion, Doug Murray for 2 seconds is an overpayment.
I wouldn't have claimed him. That's how much I dislike his game currently, so you can imagine how I'd feel about 2 seconds, even if one is conditional.

Old
bruinsfan46

The second pick being conditional moves the trade into not being too terrible. It's a late second for a playoff run with a guy who is physical (if nothing else). The second one is only given up if they can sign him to a contract that they feel is a good enough to lose a second for so they're not taking a horrible cap hit in future years if they do re-sign him. I still think it's quite an overpayment, he just isn't worth a pick in the 50s to me but they didn't lose anything crucial.

Old
mikelvl

Quote:
I don't see anyone mocking the team. They're clearly solid and the team to beat in the East.

The moves are reactionary and drastic. If that's what Shero's plan is, fine. I'm just glad he's not the GM of the team I cheer for.
I'm pretty sure Shero was the B's top choice back then, and he has the same number of Cup wins as Chiarelli. The Bruins wouldn't be bad off with either one. The market is what it is this year. This is Pittsburgh's year to go for it. They couldn't come away from the deadline empty handed so they paid the price.

I assume you'll be ripping Chia next week when the B's are minus a couple of high picks and a prospect or two that you didn't want to give up?

Old
TCL40

This team in my opinion needs new blood.

At this point I think Chia (or perhaps in reality fans-the whole concept of "untouchables" hasn't really been confirmed by Chia) is trying to hold on to too much.

Sometimes to get a worthwhile piece you have to trade a good prospect. I think it is fine to try to protect certain prospects, but IMO if you start declaring your roster players and half your prospects as untouchable, you don't have anything left to trade-or at least that anyone would want.

Not really sure who Chia is going to acquire, but I am tired of the bargain bin pick ups.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Oates2Neely

Alfredsson pleazzzze..

Jagr Meister would look good besides Kejci.

17-46-68 (slow but good)

Old
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Alfredsson pleazzzze..

17-46-68 (slow but good)
LOL Ottawa is in 5th

Old
03-25-2013, 02:08 PM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Alfredsson pleazzzze..

17-46-68 (slow but good)
There's a better chance of Alfie getting hurt than there is of him being traded.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:10 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Both were dreadful overpayments, and that takes deadline inflation into context. You can pat Shero and his staff on the back for the drafting and trading that helped them accumulate those assets, but they turned around and wasted them. Morrow has averaging just about a shot per game, that's pathetic, and Murray can't skate. Good chance Pitt used assets to get worse.
As are most moves at the deadline. It's why I always say the time to make a move is the off season. That being said, what this shows is Shero's willingness to make a bold move and go for it. He could easily stand pat and wait for Malkin to get healthy and roll with what he's currently got, but he's not. He's making changes. Adding in players who fill specific needs that the team currently lacks. Smart move. It also shows the players that he's willing to do what's needed to win right now, and that he views them as a legit contender.

Closed Thread