HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Phillip Danault with the game winner finally in OT with only 3 minutes left(of 20 minute OT).

Moncton outshot Victoriaville 17 to 5 in OT...it was amazing Whitney kept them alive that long but Danault scored on the power play. Moncton 59 shots, Victoriaville 26 shots for the game.

Phillip Danault 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, +1, 4 SOG, 5 shots, game winning goal and 1st star

Brandon Whitney stopped 56/59 for a .949 SV% and got the 3rd star.
....and thats why they call Danault a winner!!

Old
03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
RomersWorld*

London beats Saginaw in the 2nd OT...

Alex Broadhurst with 2 assists, +1..includes primary assists on game tying and game winning goals.

Garrett Ross also with 2 assists(both primary) on the only 2 Saginaw goals.

Side note, Detroit prospect Jake Paterson stopped 67 of 70 shots this game. Incredible that he had stopped 67 of 69 shots before giving up the game winner finally in the 2nd OT.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
moose vasko

I watched Steven Johns play some today in the CCHA championship game won 3-1 by ND over Michigan. He looked pretty good; played under a lot more control than some of the other times I have seen him in past. I suspect that is a big factor with him, and that if he can play with discipline he could do well for us.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post
I watched Steven Johns play some today in the CCHA championship game won 3-1 by ND over Michigan. He looked pretty good; played under a lot more control than some of the other times I have seen him in past. I suspect that is a big factor with him, and that if he can play with discipline he could do well for us.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds good.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:16 AM
LandofLincoln

Stephen Johns

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose vasko View Post

The Blackhawks are not really needing a PMD and Clendening had a great year. Do you see Johns sticking on the Blackhawks roster and getting the opportunity before Clendening?

Some posters think he needs a full year in Rockford, but I'm not sure about that. A good amount of prospects lack size, but John's clearly has NHL size.

I'm assuming Johns could take Brookbank's spot. Rozsival would be great for another year, but Montador probably will be on next years Blackhawks team.

2013-14
Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Leddy Rozsival
Montador Johns

I'm hoping Johns starts in Rockford and plays 15 games or so with the Blackhawks and sticks to the final roster. I'm hoping Stan offers Rozsival another 1 year deal. Stan got lucky getting Rozsival, but give him credit for the signing.

Do you think it is rushing Johns by not playing him a full season in Rockford?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:49 AM
ploppsdman

I have johns behind only Saad and teuvo....he has a decent chance at being like brooks orpik ...but he can def use a year plus in the a

Old
03-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

will sign Johns his ELC now?

Old
03-25-2013, 03:02 AM
RomersWorld*

I can't even imagine what would happen if we sign Johns now

We already have Clendening, Montador, Stanton, Lalonde, Lavin, Dahlbeck, Olsen and then Johns if signed. That is 8 defenseman who are at least top 6 AHL defensemen.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:15 AM
AmishRenegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
The Blackhawks are not really needing a PMD and Clendening had a great year. Do you see Johns sticking on the Blackhawks roster and getting the opportunity before Clendening?

Some posters think he needs a full year in Rockford, but I'm not sure about that. A good amount of prospects lack size, but John's clearly has NHL size.

I'm assuming Johns could take Brookbank's spot. Rozsival would be great for another year, but Montador probably will be on next years Blackhawks team.

2013-14
Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Leddy Rozsival
Montador Johns

I'm hoping Johns starts in Rockford and plays 15 games or so with the Blackhawks and sticks to the final roster. I'm hoping Stan offers Rozsival another 1 year deal. Stan got lucky getting Rozsival, but give him credit for the signing.

I think Montador will be bought out next year.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

We already have Clendening, Montador, Stanton, Lalonde, Lavin, Dahlbeck, Olsen and then Johns if signed. That is 8 defenseman who are at least top 6 AHL defensemen.
pretty sure a good rotation would be useful and we could always trade a Lalonde or Lavin or Olsen for a forward AHL player/prospect

Old
03-25-2013, 06:39 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Clendening would be a nice piece of trade bait for Iginla.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:29 AM
moose vasko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I haven't seen him play much, but I think he needs at least a year in the A. If he is brought along slowly I think he will be worth the wait. You also don't want to risk exposing him too early because if he struggles it could really undermine his confidence. I'd love to see Seabrook take him under his wing because I think Johns could learn a lot from him about picking his spots and playing under control.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:42 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:

Stanton, Lalonde and Lavin are RFAs next year (also Beach). It will be interesting to see if any get resigned or are offered an AHL contract next year.

Old
03-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Hawkscap

There has to be a purge in Rockford soon. Too many prospects coming in and some prospects have to be traded before they are worth nothing,

Old
03-25-2013, 08:55 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
There has to be a purge in Rockford soon. Too many prospects coming in and some prospects have to be traded before they are worth nothing,
Yeah, this was the fear. You know how easy it is for GMs to stonewall Bowman. Don't be surprised if we lose these guys for nothing, terrible asset management.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Yeah, this was the fear. You know how easy it is for GMs to stonewall Bowman. Don't be surprised if we lose these guys for nothing, terrible asset management.
Those prospects are nothing aside from maybe Stanton.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
I would rather say Stan fell in love with some prospects and his players.

Stalberg, Frolik and Kruger could all leave for next year. That would open up some spots
for Piri, Morin, Smith and a surprise rookie or two.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
What are you talking about?

Of Chicago's RFAs, the only player that could potentially not recieve a contract is Shawn Lalonde, and if Lalonde wasn't going to be resigned by Chicago, how much worth do you think he'd have in a trade? It's not like he was a highly touted prospect; he was a 3rd-round pick with upside, but he hasn't shown much of anything in the AHL over the past 2 years.

Beach and Stanton are sure to be resigned, and Lavin will very likely be resigned.

As far as having too many prospects, it's not really close to being too crowded in the AHL, even with McNeill, Danault, Johns and potentially K.Hayes joining Rockford next year.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I would rather say Stan fell in love with some prospects and his players.

Stalberg, Frolik and Kruger could all leave for next year. That would open up some spots
for Piri, Morin, Smith and a surprise rookie or two.
Why would Kruger be leaving? He's an RFA and the coaching staff/GM love his game.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Why would Kruger be leaving? He's an RFA and the coaching staff/GM love his game.
He does not have that much of a future here in Chicago. Does he want to stay as a 4th line C or try to develop into a 3c somewhere else?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:57 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
He does not have that much of a future here in Chicago. Does he want to stay as a 4th line C or try to develop into a 3c somewhere else?
Again, what does that matter? Chicago's going to trade a key cog to the PK and a valuable depth piece because he could probably be a 3rd line centre elsewhere? That's what strong depth's all about.

Kruger's role next year isn't written in stone. There's nothing to say he can't come in next year and be the third line centre, with Shaw moving back to wing. If not, it's not like he doesn't get ice-time. Chicago's 4th line plays more than most and he gets tons of important minutes on the PK.

Long-term, I agree that it's hard to see Kruger being a Hawk 3-4 years down the road.. but going into next year, I don't see a scenerio where he's not in Chicago.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we are still talking about Krüger should be gone?

Old
03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
No points for Teräväinen in 1-2 loss to Lukko in Rauma. Jokerit down 1-3 in the series and face elimination at home on Wednesday.

Old
03-25-2013, 09:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
No points for Teräväinen in 1-2 loss to Lukko in Rauma. Jokerit down 1-3 in the series and face elimination at home on Wednesday.
Jokerit was the best team in the regular season, right?

Old
03-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

Beach and Stanton are sure to be resigned, and Lavin will very likely be resigned..
Why would Hawks waste anymore time on absolute bust that is Kyle Beach?

Closed Thread