HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 32: Preds vs Blue Jackets 7:00 PM CST "Hockey Fights Cancer Edition"

Old
03-24-2013, 11:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
What the what?

OK 2 games ago the Preds were looking like a solid contender for top 5.

Now....

54 pts is a solid lock for the playoffs (90% or more chance of playoffs)

52 pts is a 50/50 chance for the playoffs.

50 pts seems to be the point of mediocrity because this is where the Preds only have about a 10% chance of making the playoffs. The bell curve of the season is so damned tight.

44 pts is the point where the Preds still have a chance for a top 5 pick.

To me the A and A+ talents are in the top 9 picks and the tragic number for THAT is 48 pts

The range the Preds need to avoid is 49-52 points. Very tight curve. Very tight and with the fact that ALL the game are against the west, even tighter.

Looking at the next 6 games the Preds could win 5 of them easy. If the Preds can find a way to get 2 of 3 from Chicago, they are a playoff team.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Great game; just watched it. Managed to avoid seeing or hearing the score the entire previous night despite being in several sports bars at various points. Beck with a really solid game; Bartley and Butler as well. Win and keeping winning; I want playoffs!

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Great game; just watched it. Managed to avoid seeing or hearing the score the entire previous night despite being in several sports bars at various points. Beck with a really solid game; Bartley and Butler as well. Win and keeping winning; I want playoffs!
This is a different year plenty of streaks and the Preds have always been a streaking team. If they can win most or all of their home game we will sneak in and with a goalie like Rinne you just never know. Then the slow methodical games during the regular season that seem awful will fit right in when playoffs start

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Webersmashpuck

If our luck for the year evens out we may go undefeated the rest of the year.

Columbus got 2 lucky goals and it seems like we get about that many against us a game. And if we didn't get screwed in Colorado we are tied for 8th place, if we ended up winning then we are in 8th.

The Bs played great. Bourque has solidified himself as one of our better forwards. He has excellent hands, speed, toughness, and gets the job done on both ends of the ice and has done it for roughly a full season. Beck may be able to follow the same path but still needs to prove himself but the talent is there. Bartley also looks very solid and is better than both Ellis and Blum and may be a guy see for years to come. I wanted to get rid of Bobby Butler before Boychuk, but he was outstanding this game.

I am also glad we have Yip. He is a perfect 4th liner. He has some toughness and also can actually contribute on the ice. Awesome fight and some decent play over the past two games. The other whipping boy, Klein, is playing amazing this year, that 5 on 3 move was one of the best plays of the game.

This game was not all sunshine and happiness. Erat looks terrible, I think he has some sort of ankle problem or something, he can skate quickly but his cutting and turning are awful and he falls a lot. The whole first line looked bad, but at least Fisher has been producing and still was skating.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:55 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

the Beck-Legwand-Bourque line was impressive. hope they continue to click.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:11 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Hey, Devils fan dropping in to say that I was at the game, my first Preds game with my brother, and I can't wait to come back again. We had a great time, especially with the row of Jackets fans behind us that quickly shut up their smack talk in the 1st. I love the arena and the area right downtown, and especially the fan atmosphere at the game. It'll likely have to become a yearly trip for me from now on.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Hey, Devils fan dropping in to say that I was at the game, my first Preds game with my brother, and I can't wait to come back again. We had a great time, especially with the row of Jackets fans behind us that quickly shut up their smack talk in the 1st. I love the arena and the area right downtown, and especially the fan atmosphere at the game. It'll likely have to become a yearly trip for me from now on.
I'm from NY/CT and I fell in love with Nashville after living there for ~7 years. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip; Broadway is always a great time.

Old
03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Happy you had a good time at the game. Welcome back anytime.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Thanks for the replies. I took lots of video and pictures at the game, and I got Beck's and Weber's goals on camera, which I was gonna upload tonight. Your intro video for the team is awesome too, by the way.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:56 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
I'm from NY/CT and I fell in love with Nashville after living there for ~7 years. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip; Broadway is always a great time.
Where in NY are you from? I am as well. Long Island boy.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Where in NY are you from? I am as well. Long Island boy.
Born at Stonybrook Hospital on LI actually; lived in Setauket until I was like 5.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:06 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Born at Stonybrook Hospital on LI actually; lived in Setauket until I was like 5.
Too funny. I was in West Hempstead.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I took lots of video and pictures at the game, and I got Beck's and Weber's goals on camera, which I was gonna upload tonight. Your intro video for the team is awesome too, by the way.
The intro video is new and was first used on the Thursday game against the Flames. That is if it's the same one, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.”

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
The intro video is new and was first used on the Thursday game against the Flames. That is if it's the same one, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.”
I like the new opening, but I hate that "Thunderstruck" has been taken out of the pregame- bring it back!!

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Yea it's that, followed by Cat Scratch Fever. Pretty awesome.

Also, here's my shot of Taylor Beck's 1st goal in the NHL:

Old
03-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Preddownsouth

Quote:

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Jubal

I know this game was Saturday, but I have to put this in:

I was out before the game on Saturday and saw someone in all Blue Jackets stuff. I said hey, we talked and then I told him I was a Preds fan. He laughed and said "That's too bad."

Wish I could've seen him after.

Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
I know this game was Saturday, but I have to put this in:

I was out before the game on Saturday and saw someone in all Blue Jackets stuff. I said hey, we talked and then I told him I was a Preds fan. He laughed and said "That's too bad."

Wish I could've seen him after.

That comment makes sense in Soviet Russia and no where else coming from a CBJ fan.