HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
DBU
Hoss Creek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Has a rental ever been traded from a team and then resigned back with them in the offseason?

90% of HF think that is what will happen. I can't recall it ever really happening.
Keith Tkachuk is literally the only one I can recall. Seriously, it doesn't happen that often.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Has a rental ever been traded from a team and then resigned back with them in the offseason?

90% of HF think that is what will happen. I can't recall it ever really happening.
Keith Tkachuk is one example.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 383
Quote:

other posters have mentioned Tkachuk.

I was listening to a podcast recently where MacLean said that the NHL was all over the Blues and investigated them for possibly pre-planning/arranging Tkachuk to re-sign there after the season.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Seikalym

Quote:

Kovalchuk.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikalym View Post
Kovalchuk.
Kovalchuk is an example of what everyone expects Iginla to do.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Keith Tkachuk is literally the only one I can recall. Seriously, it doesn't happen that often.
Then again, players who are with a team for over 15 years don't get traded very often, period. There aren't a ton of comparisons to make.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosbruin View Post
Is it just me? Why on earth would any team offer a 1st round pick for a rental player for 2 months? How about a conditional 2nd or 3rd? If the player signs an extension, we'll make it a 1st.

in the past you would often you get top scorers as rental that are well past their prime..for a 1st pick

in a deep draft and a more cap savy league(and the need for young players on ELC) you can see where the reluctance is ....

having said that you take a big physical player like Iginla and put him with a good or top centerman(which is still better than a good playmaking winger like Tanguay) and the potential is there for a very good playoff run......so the key is ..your team close.......

look at Pitts you add him to a crosby line and one of those wingers probably drops doen the lineup to help out one of the lower lines.....you give Crosby a very good sniper with size.....they take a step further from the pack(even with defensive lapses and sometime goalies woes)

Boston puts him with Krejci ..probably an upgrade over Horton but horton makes the next line better(or even the third line scary)...adds some scoring punch and again makes the team again tougher to play again.

Chi would add another sniper to the line and give Iggy a solid number of good to great playmakers and make their 4 lines very solid...similiar to their forward lines on their cup lines....and probably helps their PP move up in potentcy

look at Van you slot him in with the Sedins ...he gives that line size (and more consitency than kassian) and space ,allows Burrows to slot down to improve the depth even more..sedins give aplaymaking winger and a top centerman that he hasnt had.

so the benfit of an IGGY is you distance yourself frm the other teams and increase your odds of making the finals.............first is easily given up for that ......

but once the extras get thrown in ..is it worth it for Iggy for a few mths????? thats what GM's will decide

Old
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Halibut

Quote:

Doug Weight also did it once I think. Traded from the Blues, won a cup with Carolina, resigned with the Blues.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Pensfan247
Rookie User

I believe that Iginla will sign with whom ever it is that gets him in a trade.he will show them that he wants to be part of the team and help them win.he wants that shot at the cup and wants to be part of a winning team.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Doug Weight also did it once I think. Traded from the Blues, won a cup with Carolina, resigned with the Blues.
Recchi too. From the Pens to Carolina back to the Pens.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seikalym View Post
Kovalchuk.
Kovy signed in Atlanta?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
crazyforhockey

Once he is traded ......??? wins cup with said team ..could go back to Cgy...team wont mind

if he doesnt win cup ....as good as cgy has been to him....does he sign there to finish career or go to greener pastures...incl team that traded for him......greater chance he doesnt go back to Cgy.....last few chances at a cup

Old
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

I wanted to put this in the Murray thread but did not want to risk going off topic...So with all the trades Shero is making does anyone think that Iggy is a realistic option? Yes these trades (Murray, Morrow) are FAR from the same quality of a Iginla but with Chiarelli being very quiet does anyone else expect the Bruins to be the favorites in the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes?

Old
03-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Bruin4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
I wanted to put this in the Murray thread but did not want to risk going off topic...So with all the trades Shero is making does anyone think that Iggy is a realistic option? Yes these trades (Murray, Morrow) are FAR from the same quality of a Iginla but with Chiarelli being very quiet does anyone else expect the Bruins to be the favorites in the Jarome Iginla sweepstakes?
Nope. Chia always sticks with the older guys that are about to retire that have a last push. Ex: Recchi and Rolston.

He's not a sweepstakes kind of guy

Old
03-25-2013, 12:56 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Pittsburgh needed Morrow and Murray types, not Iggy types. Pittsburgh has been out of the Iggy chase for at least a week. Yesterday's move proved it to me. The question, will Boston fork over a first and two top prospects for him? I don't think Chicago goes after him. You might be battling it out with LA for him.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Joe Corvo has done it. Twice.

Yeah, it's pretty rare though. I don't think Iggy would. As loyal as he is to Calgary, once the ties are cut he probably moves on.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Bond

I think it is now Kings versus Bruins with the outside chance of Vancouver.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:13 PM
HawksTillDeath

Why does noone give Chicago a chance?

I guess no salary cap to resign him

Old
03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post

I think they have a chance, but do they want him enough to pay? Don't yah have a deep right wing?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:31 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post

Mostly because Chicago has Hossa and Kane on RW and Iginla isn't a 3rd liner.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
TatarTangle

To Chicago fans; What do you think you'd have to send over, if you think you have enough, and would you do it? If you guys got Iginla talk about the rich getting richer. Team is already scary good.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:38 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
To Chicago fans; What do you think you'd have to send over, if you think you have enough, and would you do it? If you guys got Iginla talk about the rich getting richer. Team is already scary good.
What we would want, they wouldnt give up.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Any Iginla news today?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Any Iginla news today?
No he was asked yesterday about the situation with the list and said he did not want to comment but his body language suggested that he knows its coming.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
If Feaster was smart he would ask for Clendening, Morin, a first and/or Pirri.

Morin and Pirri have nothing left to accomplish at Rockford and Clendening isn't that much behind them in development. The Flames team speed increases by a huge amount while balancing out the skill level lost in Iggy on multiple lines.

That's a huge over payment to an extent, but to get somebody like Iggy even for a rental you have to pay for it.

Closed Thread