Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Is Posa really out 3 games? The OHL website says it is TBA, but says a minimum 3 games. Now I do agree it was probably worth the 5min penalty, but a 3 game suspension?!?
Considering Posa tried to take Heard's head off with a high stick away from the play, I think a 3 game suspension is getting off easy. Plymouth's Stefan Noesen (10 games) and Tom Wilson (5 games) each got more time for doing less earlier this season.

Even your coach called it a "ridiculous, selfish penalty by a guy who should know better". http://www.guelphmercury.com/sports/...-of-high-stick

Old
02-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
Considering Posa tried to take Heard's head off with a high stick away from the play, I think a 3 game suspension is getting off easy. Plymouth's Stefan Noesen (10 games) and Tom Wilson (5 games) each got more time for doing less earlier this season.

Even your coach called it a "ridiculous, selfish penalty by a guy who should know better". http://www.guelphmercury.com/sports/...-of-high-stick
What makes it even worse for Guelph is that Heard probably should have been suspended from a spear Friday night vs Kitchener.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:45 PM
OHLTG

Posa has been suspended indefinitely. Is there video of this? I've never seen Posa snap, other than the Locke fight, so I'm curious to what happened.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:01 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Posa has been suspended indefinitely. Is there video of this? I've never seen Posa snap, other than the Locke fight, so I'm curious to what happened.
He didn't get anymore then the 3 games he was automatically assigned. Eligible to play Sunday.

Old
02-24-2013, 06:15 PM
StormSurge9

Hey look! A powerplay goal!

Old
03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Caje

Just picked up my playoff tickets this morning. Should be a good one!

Old
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
SensMonkey19

Does anyone know if they are having their round 1 rush pricing? Good to see other sens fans in the area Landru (I'm assuming from your avatar).

Old
03-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensMonkey19 View Post
Does anyone know if they are having their round 1 rush pricing? Good to see other sens fans in the area Landru (I'm assuming from your avatar).
I had to pay full price, so Im pretty sure they aren't doing it this year. Kitchener games always sell out anyway so there's no incentive for them to offer it up.

And likewise. Its tough being a Sens fan here since so few of the games are actually broadcast in this region.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
SensMonkey19

Just looked up tickets, did not think tickets would be selling that quickly. Looking forward to see Puempel play. Did not get to see much of him at the super series game.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:18 PM
StormSurge9

Congrats to Garrett Sparks for signing his ELC with the Maple Leafs!

Guelph will definitely be hunting for a goalie this off-season.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Caje

****ing Pedan takes the dumbest penalties.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:59 PM
StormSurge9

I thought we played very well....when the game was 5on5, and only in the first two periods.

Yikes.

In no way am I blaming Sparks, he didn't get any help on 4 of the 5 goals. I still don't understand our PK. They put ZERO pressure on the points, not only Murphy but everyone who was at the point did as they pleased.

I questioned the marginal goalie interference call on Kosmachuk that led to the Rangers first goal, but Rangers fans questioned our first goal so it evened out.

Tough sledding with the McGinn suspension, something I don't agree with. But whatever.

They better be ready to play come Sunday. Hopefully Walker settles the boys down.

Old
03-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Caje

Those last two minutes were completely classless. Just take the loss and move on, its embarrassing to see the team goon it up.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:48 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
Those last two minutes were completely classless. Just take the loss and move on, its embarrassing to see the team goon it up.
I am going to fully blame the refs for those final two minutes. Not blaming them for the loss, but more what happened at the end of the game. They had no control what so ever. The hitting goalies (on both teams) and extra digs that went uncalled we're reasons for the madness.

The hits on Ryan Murphy we're due to lack of respect. The other Rangers players seemed quite content to just pass the puck around the perimeter and run the clock out to be done with it. Then Murphy went ahead and took his shot. I don't like what Horvat or McNaughton did, but understand the reasoning.

Otherwise for much of this game Guelph played well. If any goalie other than Gibson was in net at the other end, we are probably walking away with a win.

As for the Kitchener fans behind the bench as well as behind the penalty box, well I don't think much needs to be said.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:14 AM
H44

Guelph = sad - maybe next year they will learn how to play hockey

Old
03-25-2013, 10:25 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by H44 View Post
Guelph = sad - maybe next year they will learn how to play hockey
What an insightful post, please explain?

Old
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
As for the Kitchener fans behind the bench as well as behind the penalty box, well I don't think much needs to be said.
There are two or three guys who sit back there who are total buttholes. Luckily, they're in the minority, but are obnoxious as hell. While I have no doubt these idiots threw stuff, Walker is in error saying beer was tossed at the players, unless it came from the upper deck - that's the only place beer is allowed in the stands.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see any of the series, but it sure is heating up. It's been a long time since we've seen this rivalry this hot.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
There are two or three guys who sit back there who are total buttholes. Luckily, they're in the minority, but are obnoxious as hell. While I have no doubt these idiots threw stuff, Walker is in error saying beer was tossed at the players, unless it came from the upper deck - that's the only place beer is allowed in the stands.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see any of the series, but it sure is heating up. It's been a long time since we've seen this rivalry this hot.
I have met plenty nice Rangers fans, it just seemed yesterday was taken to the extreme. Not only the guys behind the bench. I was there on the opposite side and saw many fans harassing the guys in the box (Bertuzzi mainly). I even saw two or three people throw things from there as well.

As a Guelph fan in Kitchener I have my fair share of harassments, it happens everywhere. Although there was one fan near us that took it a little over the top.

But part of me is loving the hate between these too teams, a good old school rivalry and I can not wait for Tuesday.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Caje

A Ranger fan sent a letter to the Mercury today apologizing for the actions of some of their fans last night - http://guelphmercury.blogs.com/storm...pologizes.html

I went to one game at the Aud this season, and the majority of the people were fine. There's always going to be a few drunk idiots, but they're obviously in the minority. That said, security really needs to clamp down on them. If the series goes to the fifth game, I really hope they start tossing people early.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Walker is in error saying beer was tossed at the players, unless it came from the upper deck - that's the only place beer is allowed in the stands.
Question....even if tossed at Walker from 3 or 4 rows back. How would they ever hit Walker with the beer without splattering fans all around them and not having a mini riot from them.
Actually thinkin' about it, from 10' back and having to throw the beer over the glass this Walker story is 100% bullcrap.

Old
03-25-2013, 10:39 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Question....even if tossed at Walker from 3 or 4 rows back. How would they ever hit Walker with the beer without splattering fans all around them and not having a mini riot from them.
Actually thinkin' about it, from 10' back and having to throw the beer over the glass this Walker story is 100% bullcrap.
Regardless of weather or not the story is true, those fans behind the bench did enough to get kicked out. That in itself is bad.

What was even worse was a few fans around us applauding the guys for getting kicked out. I understand every arena has these types, it just seemed like yesterday there were a few more than normal.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:57 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Regardless of weather or not the story is true, those fans behind the bench did enough to get kicked out. That in itself is bad.

What was even worse was a few fans around us applauding the guys for getting kicked out. I understand every arena has these types, it just seemed like yesterday there were a few more than normal.
Agreed about the fans but IMHO since I was sitting one section over the fans were cheering that the idiots were being booted out!

Old
03-27-2013, 03:50 AM
Caje

What a game! Pedan sits for a 10 minute misconduct and then scores two goals with 6 minutes left to tie it up!

I was so frustrated with him getting another stupid penalty right at the beginning of the game, but he definitely made up for that.

I thought Guelph played well for most of the night, but Gibson had another good game (at least for 2 and a half periods). That said, 0/10 on the powerplay is just not good enough.

All in all, awesome game. Great atmosphere in the Sleeman Centre too, I had a blast tonight.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
What a game! Pedan sits for a 10 minute misconduct and then scores two goals with 6 minutes left to tie it up!

I was so frustrated with him getting another stupid penalty right at the beginning of the game, but he definitely made up for that.

I thought Guelph played well for most of the night, but Gibson had another good game (at least for 2 and a half periods). That said, 0/10 on the powerplay is just not good enough.

All in all, awesome game. Great atmosphere in the Sleeman Centre too, I had a blast tonight.
Even with Pedan's penalties I would say he's been Guelph's best player through 3 games.

Guelph came out FLAT in the first period. The 2nd was good and in the 3rd we had quite a few scoring chances even before Pedan took over.

We probably could have had even MORE PP's if the refs were watching the game. Did you see the faceoff where Tanner was highsticked and there was a pool of blood? Or Dickinson was high sticked as well in the 3rd. Yes, there were some marginal calls, but some pretty obvious ones were missed as well. But even so, no PP goals is completely unacceptable.

It will also be nice to have McGinn back from suspension on Thursday! Hopefully we tie this series up!

Old
03-27-2013, 12:04 PM
StormLifer

I noticed quite a few things that the refs let kitchener get away with. And a couple of the Guelph penalties seemed a bit fabricated. It was nice to finally see kitchener get called for all of the holding and interference behind the net, its something I have noticed them doing a lot.
I was glad to see they changed up the PP a little bit by the end, I'm still not sure why they think that Pedan and Garlent are a good pair on the point. I like Pedan's shot but they need someone else like Posa or Leslie on the other point.

Closed Thread