HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Moves will Bowman Make by the Trade Deadline?

View Poll Results: What Moves will Bowman Make by the Trade Deadline?
None - We'll Be Going with What We Have 17 41.46%
Acquire a top 6 forward or top 4 d-man 7 17.07%
Acquire a bottom 6 forward or bottom pairing d-man 16 39.02%
Other 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-25-2013, 02:07 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The only thing that needs to be said about this post is:

Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololol.
You think I was annoying with the Bowman stuff before, wait and see what happens if he does nothing and this team goes down early. Better familiarize yourself with the ignore function because the quotes alone are going to make your eyes bleed (if you are a Bowman apologist).

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
You think I was annoying with the Bowman stuff before, wait and see what happens if he does nothing and this team goes down early. Better familiarize yourself with the ignore function because the quotes alone are going to make your eyes bleed (if you are a Bowman apologist).
It got to the point where it was humorous, honestly. Still wasn't as funny as your Emery hate, but damn was it close.

If you want to continue to embarass yourself in the future, go ahead. There will be tons of logial, rational arguments thrown at you, which I'm sure you'd simply ignore and contiue to post nonesense.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Sarava

Alright guys take it easy. We're all friends here

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
It got to the point where it was humorous, honestly. Still wasn't as funny as your Emery hate, but damn was it close.

If you want to continue to embarass yourself in the future, go ahead. There will be tons of logial, rational arguments thrown at you, which I'm sure you'd simply ignore and contiue to post nonesense.
Right back at you because this is one of the greatest cores in NHL history and for the team to consistently suck ass solely because Bowman can't get the right complementary parts is embarassing and makes me want to throw up all over my Blackhawks stuff.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
madgoat33

speak for yourself. i want BLOOOOOOOOOD.

but seriously, Bowman had proven he can do his job well and at this point q will/would go before bowman.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
speak for yourself. i want BLOOOOOOOOOD.

but seriously, Bowman had proven he can do his job well and at this point q will/would go before bowman.
Bowman has been mediocre at best most of his tenure while Q has won a Cup and led this team to the greatest start in NHL history. You have it backwards. What the hell has Bowman proven? He is capable of having a good draft. Yeah, I'll give him that for sure. Otherwise, the jury is still out.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Right back at you because this is one of the greatest cores in NHL history and for the team to consistently suck ass solely because Bowman can't get the right complementary parts is embarassing and makes me want to throw up all over my Blackhawks stuff.
Uh, Chicago has outstanding complementary players.

Yeah, Chicago had one really lean year and a disappointing one last year, but what did you expect coming out of the cap mess Bowman was handed?

He's restocked a barren prospect-pool to the point where it's regarded as one the NHL's best - and he didn't need top-10 picks to do it - and has brought in quality support players since taking over (Stalberg, Shaw, Saad, Roszival, Oduya, Leddy, etc) and most of it was done through the draft.

He didn't panic and trade away the likes of Bickell, Hammer and Crawford (like a lot of us thought he might/should) and now it's paying off big time.

Bowman, is not the problem and thus far, Q hasn't been either. Chicago's on top of the league and when healthy, will give any team in the league all they can handle when the playoffs roll around.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
digdug41982

As it is, yeah, I think we can win with basically what we have but the trade deadline is the time where other teams around the league get better so this is a nervous time for me. All of this can go down the toilet very quickly if the hot stove starts burning anywhere close to the way it did pre-cap.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Bowman has been mediocre at best most of his tenure while Q has won a Cup and led this team to the greatest start in NHL history. You have it backwards. What the hell has Bowman proven? He is capable of having a good draft. Yeah, I'll give him that for sure. Otherwise, the jury is still out.
Q coached one of the most talented teams of the past 10 years to a Cup and has done nothing of note since. With Chicago's talent, even last year, they should have gotten past Phoenix. It wasn't Bowman's fault the team couldn't score on the PP, couldn't kill off a penalty and didn't know what the **** to do in the defensive zone. Those are all 100% on the coaching staff/players, but more on the coaching staff.

Q deserves credit for the start they've had, but Bowman deserves just as much. He's added all the necessary peices to enable Chicago to get off to this start and didn't panic in the off-season like many though he would.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Q coached one of the most talented teams of the past 10 years to a Cup and has done nothing of note since. With Chicago's talent, even last year, they should have gotten past Phoenix. It wasn't Bowman's fault the team couldn't score on the PP, couldn't kill off a penalty and didn't know what the **** to do in the defensive zone. Those are all 100% on the coaching staff/players, but more on the coaching staff.

Q deserves credit for the start they've had, but Bowman deserves just as much. He's added all the necessary peices to enable Chicago to get off to this start and didn't panic in the off-season like many though he would.
I just want to be clear on something, Bowman has never done anything wrong while Q has, correct? I am talking year to year, Bowman has always had good years while Q has left a lot to be desired most of the time, correct?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Sevanston

Quote:

I agree.

There were doubts of the bolded last year, but there shouldn't be anymore given the way the same cast of coaches and players have improved in those areas this year.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I agree.

There were doubts of the bolded last year, but there shouldn't be anymore given the way the exact same cast of coaches and players have improved in those areas this year.
These are very young guys. Of course they were going to get better and they have. The only surprise to me is how quickly it happened, how much better shape our team was in compared to others coming out of the lockout and how it all came together on an idividual and collective basis this season as opposed to some now, some next year.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
As it is, yeah, I think we can win with basically what we have but the trade deadline is the time where other teams around the league get better so this is a nervous time for me. All of this can go down the toilet very quickly if the hot stove starts burning anywhere close to the way it did pre-cap.
Chicago's on a different level than most teams in the league. Like, 95% of most of the teams in the league. The likes of St.Louis, Detroit, Vancouver, etc would have to add quite a lot at the deadline to get to Chicago's level and even then, if their teams don't gel post-TD, it won't matter much.

Right now, Chicago's roster is very familiar with one another and it's showed on the ice. They've been playing, for the most part, a structure and disciplined game and they've been scoring timely goals, from all 4 lines. If Bowman can improve the team, I'm sure he will, but this team doesn't need another big piece to put them over the top. If they get one, and it works out, then great.. but otherwise, a depth move should all anyone should really expect and all Chicago may really need.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I just want to be clear on something, Bowman has never done anything wrong while Q has, correct? I am talking year to year, Bowman has always had good years while Q has left a lot to be desired most of the time, correct?
No.

2010/11 was pretty much a lost year because Bowman couldn't afford to give Q much and Q, understandably, didn't do much with the roster. It was a write off.

2011-12 was on Q and co. There's not much difference between this years team and last years and yet, last year, the looked like a mess on a lot of nights and especially in the playoffs.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:54 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Chicago's on a different level than most teams in the league. Like, 95% of most of the teams in the league. The likes of St.Louis, Detroit, Vancouver, etc would have to add quite a lot at the deadline to get to Chicago's level and even then, if their teams don't gel post-TD, it won't matter much.

Right now, Chicago's roster is very familiar with one another and it's showed on the ice. They've been playing, for the most part, a structure and disciplined game and they've been scoring timely goals, from all 4 lines. If Bowman can improve the team, I'm sure he will, but this team doesn't need another big piece to put them over the top. If they get one, and it works out, then great.. but otherwise, a depth move should all anyone should really expect and all Chicago may really need.
I think we are slightly better than the top teams but if they go spending, it's too close to give us the unquestioned advantage, which is the goal as far as I am concerned. When it's this close, finish it off, sit back and enjoy the run.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
EmeticDonut

I don't think last years playoffs was strictly just on Q. They ran into a hot goalie and a team that eventually ended up going to the WCF. All but one game went into OT also, so it was a close series. A bounce here and there and who knows how it might have ended.

EmeticDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeticDonut View Post
I don't think last years playoffs was strictly just on Q. They ran into a hot goalie and a team that eventually ended up going to the WCF. All but one game went into OT also, so it was a close series. A bounce here and there and who knows how it might have ended.
..or, a save here and a save there by our terrible goalie.

Last years team was good, but not having a 100% healthy Toews, and Hossa and having a goalie play like hot garbage meant we weren't going very far.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I think we are slightly better than the top teams but if they go spending, it's too close to give us the unquestioned advantage, which is the goal as far as I am concerned. When it's this close, finish it off, sit back and enjoy the run.
Look at what Pitt has done, those are the type of moves you're going to see

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Look at what Pitt has done, those are the type of moves you're going to see
That's probably what the other teams will do but I still think there is a chance for some big moves, due to the new rules and like BobbyJet said, some teams may try to get ahead of their cap problems now and minimize the damage.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bowman already build a team that is seen as Cup Contender and the best team in the West...

How is it his fault when they will not win the Cup this year?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
That's probably what the other teams will do but I still think there is a chance for some big moves, due to the new rules and like BobbyJet said, some teams may try to get ahead of their cap problems now and minimize the damage.
Minn and Vancouver aren't selling. Philly may trade some pieces but that's the only team in cap trouble

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:12 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Minn and Vancouver aren't selling. Philly may trade some pieces but that's the only team in cap trouble
Don't discount the possibility of teams clearing cap for the purposes of signing free agents this offseason. There is a legendary post-cap free agent class coming up this offseason. Not to mention, most of them are still UFA's this late in the game, very unusual.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:14 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bowman already build a team that is seen as Cup Contender and the best team in the West...

How is it his fault when they will not win the Cup this year?
Because when your game plan is to do nothing, there better be some results behind it, or maybe, just maybe, doing nothing helped lead to nothing.

Seriously, **** the Teflon Don, this is Teflon Stan, guy is invincible in the minds of so many here. And yet, Q can fart in the wrong direction and the same exact people are jabbing at him with pitchforks.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we all see the work the GM has done. He build a great roster that is currently #1 in the West and will finish as Top2 seed. His job is to give Q a roster to win with and keep it good in the future too. Bowman has done his job for sure.

You'd prefer a GM like PHI has? Like WSH has?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Penosity

Brunette, Morrison, O'Donnell?

Stan gets his fair share of criticism around here.
I think he'll add a bottom 6 center like a Madden/Pahlsson-type.

Penosity is offline   Reply With Quote